SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 4 - Mid Season Slump

Feb. 15 at 3:28 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: Random2152
I know it won't happen, but I really want us to find a way to get Sam Dickinson. The vibes are simply immaculate with him

I mean, they could ship Lilly for a 1st+ like Sandin, then combine their own 1rst, the one given to them in the Lilly deal and add in a 3rd or something for the value?

Let's just say both picks are the 27th and 28th pick... That's roughly 585 in pick value compared to the 665 in pick value for the number 7 overall pick has... The gap for that is a 5th according to this chart: https://theleafsnation.com/news/is-it-worth-it-to-trade-up-in-the-nhl-draft (have to scroll down a little lol)... So maybe Lilly+1st could get it done?

And I guess it would depend on how BT fells on Dickinson
Feb. 15 at 3:36 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Leafsfan98
I mean, they could ship Lilly for a 1st+ like Sandin, then combine their own 1rst, the one given to them in the Lilly deal and add in a 3rd or something for the value?

Let's just say both picks are the 27th and 28th pick... That's roughly 585 in pick value compared to the 665 in pick value for the number 7 overall pick has... The gap for that is a 5th according to this chart: https://theleafsnation.com/news/is-it-worth-it-to-trade-up-in-the-nhl-draft (have to scroll down a little lol)... So maybe Lilly+1st could get it done?

Don't see how moving Lily helps. Dicky needs 1 more year of junior before I'd give him a look.
Feb. 15 at 3:37 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Leafsfan98

Dickinson is ranked from 3-7 rn. Its gonna take way more than 2 late 1sts and a 3rd to climb that draft. And I doubt a teams gonna drop from that position anyway

Basically unless his season slips and he falls its not happening. Its basically nice to fantasize but at the same time I dont think we gonna still have that pick
Random2152 liked this.
Feb. 15 at 3:40 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 15 at 5:39 p.m.
Don't see how moving Lily helps. Dicky needs 1 more year of junior before I'd give him a look.

In general unless we see a Rauty like drop I just cant see it

Now with CBJ firing their GM and will probs have an inexperienced new guy Jireck anyone?. CBJ still have way to many Dman and even next year idk if that kids gonna have a spot unless we see a few buyouts so maybe we can swing a deal
Feb. 15 at 3:57 p.m.
Amirov Forever
I know it won't happen, but I really want us to find a way to get Sam Dickinson. The vibes are simply immaculate with him

I feel like the only team picking in the top 5 range that would move their pick would be Columbus, and I feel like the only way you could even pry that pick away from them would be in a deal involving Marner. Something like 5th overall, Cole Sillinger, and Mateychuk/Svozil.

Unfortunately I can't see Dicky being drafted by the Leafs. Maybe he'll find his way here someday though
Feb. 15 at 4:57 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Is Couturier guaranteed a goal tonight?
Feb. 15 at 6:30 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Juice
Would you guys do Lilly for Tanev 1 for 1?

Would Calgary?

I've been a Liljegren supporter since he's been drafted but I'm just not seeing him take that step. For me, it would depend on how extension talks have gone...but he's not someone that has earned $3m+ to me...maybe worth the risk if that's a long term deal...but I've just been seeing a lot of mental errors recently.

From calgary's end...they obviously get a younger guy that can step right into the lineup with control vs a typical draft pick.

TIme to cut bait or hold the line?

I would not for Leafs and it's not close for me
oneX liked this.
Feb. 15 at 6:45 p.m.

Would Calgary?

I've been a Liljegren supporter since he's been drafted but I'm just not seeing him take that step. For me, it would depend on how extension talks have gone...but he's not someone that has earned $3m+ to me...maybe worth the risk if that's a long term deal...but I've just been seeing a lot of mental errors recently.

From calgary's end...they obviously get a younger guy that can step right into the lineup with control vs a typical draft pick.

Absolutely not. With or without Tanev, this team isn't going anywhere this year. No way I'm trading Lily for a rental. Even if we assume Tanev comes with an extension, the guy is 34 with an extensive injury history. Do we really wanna lock that up? It's just not in the cards for me.
oneX and Trickster liked this.
Feb. 15 at 7:00 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: Messier99
I honestly think Reily thinks he's Paul Coffey and focuses a bit too much on being an offensive defenceman.
If he held back a bit more, Leafs would be better.
Without Reily, Leafs D stay back a bit more and it leads to success.

He's the only defenceman who can get the puck up ice consistently. Take him out and we will get hemmed in constantly. The Leafs don't need to be less conservative they need better defenceman
Feb. 15 at 7:02 p.m.
Rip

Would Calgary?

The biggest problem Liljegren has is the fact he plays for Keefe and he's horrible for young defenceman. He only stunts development and then throws him under the bus. Keefe sucks
Feb. 15 at 7:17 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Sean Walker just shot a puck up and out of play for a delay of game penalty. He's making a strong case for the Leafs so far
Feb. 15 at 7:20 p.m.
Rip
Domi does as much damage as he does good. Usually more. Anyone who thinks he's been good just doesn't pay attention to moments like that short handed goal against
Trickster liked this.
Feb. 15 at 7:20 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Sean Walker just shot a puck up and out of play for a delay of game penalty. He's making a strong case for the Leafs so far

Put the Leafs right where they wanted them
Feb. 15 at 7:48 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05

Strategical, helped his team out while making Nylander look like the good guy... Entering himself to Leaf fans already
Feb. 15 at 7:54 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: RipNasty
Domi does as much damage as he does good. Usually more. Anyone who thinks he's been good just doesn't pay attention to moments like that short handed goal against

In general nobody looked good on that PP just lazy all around from everyone

Singling out one guy does nothing when that entire unit played poorly and besides we have seen Willy do the same thing before.

Gio especially way out of position. Should be covering the middle in anticipation of a pass like that. Dont need 3 guys to cover one player. But then again dont need a 40 year old on the PP when u got Liligren whose shown to be a fine unit 2 guy
Feb. 15 at 7:57 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 15 at 8:04 p.m.
Keefe putting a 40 year old Gio out on PP unit 2 over McCabe is just silly at this point.

The guy should just be for third pair and PK unit 2
Feb. 15 at 8:05 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: aadoyle
In general nobody looked good on that PP just lazy all around from everyone

Singling out one guy does nothing when that entire unit played poorly and besides we have seen Willy do the same thing before.

Gio especially way out of position. Should be covering the middle in anticipation of a pass like that. Dont need 3 guys to cover one player. But then again dont need a 40 year old on the PP when u got Liligren whose shown to be a fine unit 2 guy

Willy outscores any defensive issues he's had. Domi does not
Feb. 15 at 8:12 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 15 at 8:22 p.m.
Quoting: RipNasty
Willy outscores any defensive issues he's had. Domi does not

If the other teams are scoring SHG through bad plays by either player doesnt change a thing even if Willy scores 2 goals that game if his poor defense results in the game winner for the other team thats not good. No matter how much your scoring or getting the points proper plays both offensively and defensively are a must or your team goes nowhere.

As said before singling out one guy does nothing when the entire PP unit was bad Gio out of position, Robertson getting bodied, etc.
Feb. 15 at 8:20 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I feel Bertuzzi has the Kerfoot virus from last year

Grade A chances and cant score on em
Feb. 15 at 8:27 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Guess the top unit didnt learn after the first SHG. Man that was close

But hey went the other way and scored

Dodged a bullet got the goal
Feb. 15 at 8:37 p.m.
Rip
Matthews is responsible for so much of the leafs success. If this counts, good play by Liljegren
Feb. 15 at 8:40 p.m.
Rip
I think this team needs 2 more defenceman to be considered a contender. Brodie is a shadow of his former self. And we just can't move the puck well without Rielly.

Liljegren has looked good though. McCabe's been playing well as well. But Rielly is so so important to this team. I can't believe how underrated he's become.
Feb. 15 at 8:58 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Please keep Lilly, Brad...
RipNasty liked this.
Feb. 15 at 9:28 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
2 offensive zone penalties.....

Bertuzzi and Gregor why just why
Feb. 15 at 9:31 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 15 at 9:41 p.m.
3-1 lead gone again through this teams own hands

b2b offensive zone penalties giving Flyers the tying goal (31 rank PP BTW)

Rip Bertuzzi

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll