Projected Cap Hit Prior To Days Remaining Tooltip : $75,349,499
Trades
BUF
  1. Kuzmenko, Andrei
  2. 2024 1st round pick (VAN)
  3. 2025 1st round pick (VAN)
  4. 2025 2nd round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
Kuzmenko is a partial cap dump so the second is included.
Newhook was traded for 31st and 37th overall, Casey should return more than he.
BUF
  1. Trouba, Jacob
Additional Details:
Girgensons, Okposo and Olofsson probably will not be Sabres next season providing the cap space for this trade.
NYR
  1. Clifton, Connor
  2. 2025 2nd round pick (VAN)
BUF
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (BOS)
WSH
  1. Olofsson, Victor
  2. 2025 4th round pick (MIN)
Additional Details:
If the Caps are still in the playoff race, they may want to add scoring.

Alternative would be Kuzmenko.
BUF
ANA
    Other players who be traded at the TDL
    Girgensons
    Okposo
    Olofsson or Kuzmenko the one not traded to the Caps
    Bryson
    Erik Johnson
    BUF
      If Kuzmenko trades Buffalo retains 50%
      WSH
      Buried
      DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the VAN
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BOS
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the VAN
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the NSH
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      Logo of the BUF
      ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
      23$83,500,000$76,229,523$0$5,220,000$7,270,477
      Prorated Cap Hit

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
      Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
      $9,000,000$3,843,750
      LW, RW
      NMC
      UFA - 4
      $7,142,857$3,050,595
      C
      UFA - 7
      $4,750,000$2,028,646
      RW, LW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 3
      $855,833$365,512 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
      LW, RW
      RFA - 2
      $7,100,000$3,032,292
      C, LW
      UFA - 7
      $863,333$368,715 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
      RW, LW
      RFA - 2
      $950,000$405,729 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
      LW
      RFA - 3
      $863,333$368,715 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
      C, LW
      RFA - 1
      Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
      $5,500,000$2,348,958
      LW, RW
      M-NTC
      UFA - 2
      $3,000,000$1,281,250
      LW, RW
      UFA - 2
      $2,500,000$1,067,708
      LW, C
      UFA - 1
      $2,500,000$1,067,708 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
      RW
      UFA - 1
      $1,600,000$683,333
      LW
      UFA - 1
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $6,000,000$2,562,500
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      Logo of the New York Rangers
      $8,000,000$3,416,667
      RD
      NMC
      UFA - 3
      $837,500$357,682
      G
      RFA - 1
      $916,667$391,493 (Performance Bonus$1,850,000$2M)
      LD/RD
      UFA - 1
      $2,500,000$1,067,708
      RD
      RFA - 1
      $925,000$395,052 (Performance Bonus$925,000$925K)
      G
      RFA - 2
      $925,000$395,052
      LD
      RFA - 2
      Logo of the Seattle Kraken
      $2,700,000$1,153,125
      RD
      UFA - 2
      $1,850,000$790,104
      LD/RD
      RFA - 1
      $3,250,000$1,388,021
      RD
      UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Jan. 27 at 10:17 a.m.
      Mitts is a good player, but there's no way anyone's giving up 2 1rst for him.
      MeetYourMakar liked this.
      Jan. 27 at 10:20 a.m.
      Sabres are not going forward with 17 mil cap hit commited to Skinner and Trouba. They will lose all the young talent, they have built.
      gretzkyghosts liked this.
      Jan. 27 at 10:43 a.m.
      Quoting: Czu8iks
      Sabres are not going forward with 17 mil cap hit commited to Skinner and Trouba. They will lose all the young talent, they have built.

All the young talent is on an ELC, or will still be an RFA after their ELC's expire. There's no reason BUF cannot take on a contract like Trouba's.
      Jan. 27 at 10:48 a.m.
      Personally i think Mids would be a great add to this team.Unfortunatly the Canucks management have neither the assets or guts to make this trade.Just my opinion.
      sabres89 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
      Jan. 27 at 10:59 a.m.
      The only trade I'd do here is the Trouba trade, but that is going to be hard to pull off as Trouba currently has a NMC and then a modified NTC after this season.

Honestly, D is no longer a problem for this team, in my opinion. Clifton has been playing really good hockey. Heck, all of the defensemen, other than Dahlin are now plusses on the season.

I think Samuelsson, especially considering his contract, is better and more valuable than Borgen.

I don't see how the Mitts trade makes us a better team now, or in the future. I would never trade a top-10 pick for (presumably) 2 late 1sts.

The Olofsson trade...that's fine...doesn't move the needle really either way.

Fix the PP (through coaching) and the team as constructed is a playoff team.
      Jan. 27 at 11:08 a.m.
      MisstheWhalers
      Trouba would be a great add for the Sabres but I don't think he's leaving the Rangers and NY can't afford to lose him.

Some okay moves here but I think the Sabres really need a goalie more then anything and some defensively strong bottom sixers more then anything else, like a two-way 3rd line and a physical, wear you down, heavy forechecking 4th line would make a big difference for this team.
      gretzkyghosts and ChestNut33 liked this.
      Jan. 27 at 11:09 a.m.
      Quoting: remowilliams
      Personally i think Mids would be a great add to this team.Unfortunatly the Canucks management have neither the assets or guts to make this trade.Just my opinion.

I can appreciate that, I'm not sure our gm watches our games to be honest, he seems pretty ok with whatever granato is telling him.
      remowilliams and gretzkyghosts liked this.
      Jan. 27 at 11:10 a.m.
      Not Bad, I don't think I would do that 1st trade as is. Keep a pick and see if Joshua could be included.
      Jan. 27 at 11:20 a.m.
      I would take Clifton on my team in a second. Love the way he plays. Trouba is not waiving his NMC to go to Buffalo, though. Would gladly work out a deal to send Kakko upstate.
      Jan. 27 at 11:29 a.m.
      Quoting: worldwidesensei
      All the young talent is on an ELC, or will still be an RFA after their ELC's expire. There's no reason BUF cannot take on a contract like Trouba's.

You need to pay Peterka, Quinn, R. Johnson and Levi after next season. You cannot risk bridge dealing all of them and then couldnt afford to pay them. And there is still Alex Tuch due big raise, before Skinner expires. Both Peterka and Quinn price is set at Owen Tippett range for 8x6,25mil.
      Jan. 27 at 11:47 a.m.
      The way Novikov has adapted so quickly, and for such a big man he can really skate. He might be better than Samuelsson in a Couple years. Could make that Samuelsson contract more valuable in a year or so.
      Jan. 27 at 12:15 p.m.
      Mitts is not going anywhere.
      Sabres decline.
      Jan. 27 at 12:27 p.m.
      You need to pay Peterka, Quinn, R. Johnson and Levi after next season. You cannot risk bridge dealing all of them and then couldnt afford to pay them. And there is still Alex Tuch due big raise, before Skinner expires. Both Peterka and Quinn price is set at Owen Tippett range for 8x6,25mil.

1) You can definitely bridge them.
      2) Tippet is Mittelstadt's age, not the age of JJP, etc. Not sure how Tippet's contract has any relevance here-- other than to point out that Tippet was bridged and not lost
      3) Skinner can be moved or bought out if we need more room, which in this scenario --we don't.
      Jan. 27 at 12:55 p.m.
      PDG over PDO
      Canucks pass, we don't view Kuzmenko as a cap dump, not paying over market value for Mittelstadt
      Jan. 27 at 2:27 p.m.
      1) You can definitely bridge them.
      2) Tippet is Mittelstadt's age, not the age of JJP, etc. Not sure how Tippet's contract has any relevance here-- other than to point out that Tippet was bridged and not lost
      3) Skinner can be moved or bought out if we need more room, which in this scenario --we don't.

1) You can, but it could backfire
      2) They are point production is very similiar, so if sides agree on 8yrs deal, then Tippett`s range it would be
      3) He really cant, since in 2nd year after buyout, dead cap will be 6 mil, and Sabres need salary space going forward, not right now. Any trade can be blocked by NMC by Skinner.
      Jan. 27 at 2:37 p.m.

1) You can, but it could backfire
      2) They are point production is very similiar, so if sides agree on 8yrs deal, then Tippett`s range it would be
      3) He really cant, since in 2nd year after buyout, dead cap will be 6 mil, and Sabres need salary space going forward, not right now. Any trade can be blocked by NMC by Skinner.

1) How could it backfire? They are still BUF property for 4 more years after their ELCs expire. Bridge contracts are pretty standard around the league.
      2) No sense in comparing their point production this season. They still have 1 more season to go.
      3) In the 2nd year of what buyout? There are plenty of different seasons where he can be bought out and they, of course, are for different dollar amounts, depending on the year...Obviously any trade by Skinner can be blocked, but, would he rather get the full value of his current contract or be bought out (and thus make less money)? We don't know, but he may very well accept a trade. And last I checked even if his dead cap will be $6 million, that CREATES $3mm in CAP SPACE.
      Jan. 27 at 3:02 p.m.
      1) How could it backfire? They are still BUF property for 4 more years after their ELCs expire. Bridge contracts are pretty standard around the league.
      2) No sense in comparing their point production this season. They still have 1 more season to go.
      3) In the 2nd year of what buyout? There are plenty of different seasons where he can be bought out and they, of course, are for different dollar amounts, depending on the year...Obviously any trade by Skinner can be blocked, but, would he rather get the full value of his current contract or be bought out (and thus make less money)? We don't know, but he may very well accept a trade. And last I checked even if his dead cap will be $6 million, that CREATES $3mm in CAP SPACE.

1) Now you can get them 8x6,25 mil, but if they breakout it could be 8x9 mil. You never know.
      2) This as recent contract extension for young player, producting at decent rate. Thats why I used it.
      3) There is calculator here, if you buyout Skinner in 1 july 2025, you save 3 mil in 25/26 but in 26/27 dead cap is 6 mil. Then its 2 and 2.
      If you buy him out in 1 july 2026, you save just 3,3 mil in cap space. So either way, for 26/27 season (this should be contention year 1 for Sabres, assuming this season is dead, next is playoffs) you are dealing with 5 to 6 mil dead cap.
      Jan. 27 at 3:50 p.m.

If you buy him out in 1 july 2026, you save just 3,3 mil in cap space. So either way, for 26/27 season (this should be contention year 1 for Sabres, assuming this season is dead, next is playoffs) you are dealing with 5 to 6 mil dead cap.

And creating cap space....
      Jan. 27 at 4:49 p.m.
      Quoting: Burnzie8_88_4Cup
      Mitts is a good player, but there's no way anyone's giving up 2 1rst for him.

Quoting: remowilliams

Quoting: MisstheWhalers
      Trouba would be a great add for the Sabres but I don't think he's leaving the Rangers and NY can't afford to lose him.

Some okay moves here but I think the Sabres really need a goalie more then anything and some defensively strong bottom sixers more then anything else, like a two-way 3rd line and a physical, wear you down, heavy forechecking 4th line would make a big difference for this team.

Quoting: sabres89
      I can appreciate that, I'm not sure our gm watches our games to be honest, he seems pretty ok with whatever granato is telling him.

Quoting: BUFF36
      Not Bad, I don't think I would do that 1st trade as is. Keep a pick and see if Joshua could be included.

Quoting: Hungry4Pucks
      I would take Clifton on my team in a second. Love the way he plays. Trouba is not waiving his NMC to go to Buffalo, though. Would gladly work out a deal to send Kakko upstate.

Thank you all for great feedback.
      While I like all the trades other ACGM's inspired the fist two.

Mitts could be traded just to make space next year.
      If he is traded he will be traded for a player (s) who would fill holes in the line up, i.e. RHD.
      We can discuss the pro's and con's of each trade but that could last until the TDL, so I will skip it.

While cap is always an issue with adding a player with a cap as Truba, but Casey's new contract and Clifton's current nearly equal his Cap next year.
      The cap goes up $4,000,000, another $6,500,000 will be added if Girgensons, Okposo and Robinson are not signed enough to offer Quinn and Peterka nearly $6,500,000 each.
      Trouba comes off the following year and Skinner's contract expires when Kulich, Savoie and Rosen ELC END.

OF COURSE, the devil is in the detail, but cap space is not an issue for several years.
      sabres89, BUFF36, remowilliams and 2 others liked this.
      Jan. 27 at 7:20 p.m.
      And creating cap space....

Can you replace Skinner with 3 mil player ?

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll