SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Trade Machine Proposals

trade

Created by: MURR
Published: Feb. 3 at 1:17 a.m.
Salary Cap: $83,500,000
Season Days: 75/192 (39%)
Central Registry Determination: This trade has met the central registry's trade checklist

Logo of the Calgary FlamesCalgary Flames

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Tanev, ChristopherCalgary FlamesNHL50%$878,906011---46189--
Markström, JacobCalgary FlamesNHL-$2,343,750011-------2.60.912
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Schmid, AkiraWaivers ExemptNew Jersey DevilsMinor-$0011-------3.260.893
Casey, SeamusNew Jersey DevilsReserve List-$0001---------
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
2025 2nd round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---010------
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$1,498,3742043644711
Change$3,222,656-2-10110
Final$4,721,030 (↑)18 (↓)42 (↓)645 (↑)8 (↑)11-1-8-9

Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils

OutStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Schmid, AkiraWaivers ExemptNew Jersey DevilsMinor-$0011-------3.260.893
Casey, SeamusNew Jersey DevilsReserve List-$0001---------
2024 1st round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---100------
2025 2nd round pick (Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNJD)---010------
InStatusRetained SalaryEffective Cap HitRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Tanev, ChristopherCalgary FlamesNHL50%$2,250,000011---46189--
Markström, JacobCalgary FlamesNHL-$6,000,000011-------2.60.912
ChangeCap SpaceRosterSPCReserve ListDraft Rd 1Rd 2-3Rd 4-7GPGAPGAASv%
Initial$9,288,3332045673511
Change-$8,250,000210-1-10
Final$1,038,333 (↓)22 (↑)46 (↑)672 (↓)4 (↓)11189
Feb. 3 at 3:28 a.m.
Edited Feb. 3 at 3:54 a.m.
To be honest with ya, I'm not sure, but.. a third 1st round pick for 2024, which could be mid-round if the Devils don't get their act together (sure, not the best draft ever but doesn't mean it is the worst draft ever), a second 2nd round pick for 2025, Schmid to come in and grow his game with the Wranglers while Wolf and Vladar split time in Calgary. Vladar won't last forever in Calgary, and if Schmid can become something of a solid backup, then a future tandem of Wolf and Schmid could be alright..

Casey is having an amazing year with University of Michigan, and would add another right shot defenceman to Calgary's pool. Weegar, if he stays the length of his contract, can always play the left side, and Andersson could be a major trade chip within the next couple of seasons to bring in even more pieces for the "re-tool" .. Brzustewicz and Casey as the future of Calgary's right D could be pretty sweet. Fill out the left side with bigger, more defensive minded guys (plus Poirier).

Is it enough, given the market set with the Lindholm trade? I don't know, probably not, but I at least like the pieces Calgary gets in this one.
RukaRadebe and MURR liked this.
Feb. 3 at 4:20 a.m.
Nazem Mangiapane
I just feel that Calgary is probably looking for a centre prospect that has top 6 upside in one of their next trades.
If there isn't one in the Tanev/Markstrom deal then there has to be one coming back for Hanifin.
I still think keeping Marky to mentor Wolf is the best option.
Feb. 3 at 4:26 a.m.
Edited Feb. 3 at 4:40 a.m.
Absolutely ****ing not!!
Again read the ****ing room. Conroy already said he ain't moving Markstrom unless teams offer the moon for him...
This is not even close!!!
Guys and things Calgary does not want or need for a goaltender how holds his team in playoff contention!
Plus a stay at home defenseman who has constantly played his game and you asking for them for free.... Ya no other teams have offered better
Feb. 3 at 5:38 a.m.
Edited Feb. 3 at 5:45 a.m.
I don't like Casey, he's just too small for a defenseman. He'll get intimidated run over and probably injured in the playoffs. Conroy has already told the Devils Markstrom will cost them Mercer.
Feb. 3 at 1:45 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Devils pass

2nd for Tanev, sure
Schmid for Markstrom, sure

Pass on adding casey or a mid round 1st.
Feb. 3 at 11:42 p.m.
Quoting: MoxNix
I don't like Casey, he's just too small for a defenseman. He'll get intimidated run over and probably injured in the playoffs. Conroy has already told the Devils Markstrom will cost them Mercer.

ya you know that conroy,has told them that,your just full of it.its a 1st for Marky and no retention,his contract is very fair.
Feb. 3 at 11:45 p.m.
Quoting: dgibb10
Devils pass

2nd for Tanev, sure

this dgibb guy is such a devil homer.Marky brings a 1st no retention from the devils.and Tanev brings a 1st with 50 percent retention from the leafs.
Feb. 3 at 11:47 p.m.
Devils pass

2nd for Tanev, sure

My man is convinced a) top goalies grow on trees, and b) NJ only has to pay pennies to get one 💀
delete liked this.
Feb. 4 at 12:46 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: delete
this dgibb guy is such a devil homer.Marky brings a 1st no retention from the devils.and Tanev brings a 1st with 50 percent retention from the leafs.

I agree, trade him to the leafs
Feb. 4 at 12:50 a.m.
I Love J Boqvist
Quoting: SpennyE
My man is convinced a) top goalies grow on trees, and b) NJ only has to pay pennies to get one 💀

-Markstrom has a very expensive contract, that lowers his value
-Markstrom is 34 years old, that lowers his value (goalies rarely perform well into their mid-late 30s
-Markstrom has a full NMC, that lowers his value
-Markstrom is a goaltender, that is the least valuable trade asset in hockey
-Markstrom has been historically inconsistent. He was a big reason Calgary missed the playoffs both last year and his first year in Calgary.

I am willing to take the monetary risk that he is the exception who plays well into his mid 30s. But I will not give up significant assets to do so.

Or, with significant retention, significant assets will come.

You go ahead and keep Markstrom. Call me in 3 years and see if he’s lived up to the contract
MURR liked this.
Feb. 8 at 11:01 p.m.
-Markstrom is 34 years old, that lowers his value (goalies rarely perform well into their mid-late 30s
-Markstrom has been historically inconsistent. He was a big reason Calgary missed the playoffs both last year and his first year in Calgary.

I am willing to take the monetary risk that he is the exception who plays well into his mid 30s. But I will not give up significant assets to do so.

You go ahead and keep Markstrom. Call me in 3 years and see if he’s lived up to the contract

you are one of the silliest guys on here,but at this point you kind if have to stick to your ridiculous take on Marky. MARKSTROM IS ONE OF THE BEST GOALIES IN THE NHL AND DESERVES A RAISE. HE IS GETTING BETTER WITH AGE. HOW DOES A NMC CLAUSE LOWER HIS VALUE IF HE ACCEPTS A TRADE,RIDICULOUS. GOALTENDERS ARE ON THE ICE FOR 60 MINUTES AND MOST NIGHTS ARE YOUR MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER. YOUR JUST ABSOLUTELY FULL OF IT,BY SAYING MARKY HAS BEEN INCONSISTENT,HE HAS HAD ONE BAD YR IN HIS CAREEER AS A CANUCK AND FLAME,IT WAS LAST YR WHEN THE TEAM QUIT ON SUTTER,BECAUSE THEY COULDNT STAND THE GUY,SO QUIT YOUR BS. THERE ISNT MUCH RISK AT ALL AT 6MIL,BECAUSE THATS WHAT LEGIT TOP END GOALIES GET. THERE WILL BE NO RETENTION,HE DESERVES A RAISE. AND YOUR NOT GIVING UP THE ASSETS THE DEVILS ARE WHICH IS A 1ST PICK FOR A GOALIE THIS GOOD. I AM GOING TO LAUGH MY ARSE OFF IF THE DEVILS AQUIRE MARKY. IT WOULD BE THE SMARTEST THING THEY COULD EVER DO.
Feb. 8 at 11:07 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
you are one of the silliest guys on here,but at this point you kind if have to stick to your ridiculous take on Marky. MARKSTROM IS ONE OF THE BEST GOALIES IN THE NHL AND DESERVES A RAISE. HE IS GETTING BETTER WITH AGE. HOW DOES A NMC CLAUSE LOWER HIS VALUE IF HE ACCEPTS A TRADE,RIDICULOUS. GOALTENDERS ARE ON THE ICE FOR 60 MINUTES AND MOST NIGHTS ARE YOUR MOST IMPORTANT PLAYER. YOUR JUST ABSOLUTELY FULL OF IT,BY SAYING MARKY HAS BEEN INCONSISTENT,HE HAS HAD ONE BAD YR IN HIS CAREEER AS A CANUCK AND FLAME,IT WAS LAST YR WHEN THE TEAM QUIT ON SUTTER,BECAUSE THEY COULDNT STAND THE GUY,SO QUIT YOUR BS. THERE ISNT MUCH RISK AT ALL AT 6MIL,BECAUSE THATS WHAT LEGIT TOP END GOALIES GET. THERE WILL BE NO RETENTION,HE DESERVES A RAISE. AND YOUR NOT GIVING UP THE ASSETS THE DEVILS ARE WHICH IS A 1ST PICK FOR A GOALIE THIS GOOD. I AM GOING TO LAUGH MY ARSE OFF IF THE DEVILS AQUIRE MARKY. IT WOULD BE THE SMARTEST THING THEY COULD EVER DO.

an NMC means that A) most of the league isn't even able to bid. Less bidders = lower price. B) it means if he falls off at 35 we can't get rid of him because of said NMC. Lowers value.

Again, if the devils pay significant assets for Markstrom without retention, or if Markstrom sustains this level of play for the next 3 years, you're more than welcome to take a victory lap
Feb. 8 at 11:21 p.m.
an NMC means that A) most of the league isn't even able to bid. Less bidders = lower price. B) it means if he falls off at 35 we can't get rid of him because of said NMC. Lowers value.

Again, if the devils pay significant assets for Markstrom without retention, or if Markstrom sustains this level of play for the next 3 years, you're more than welcome to take a victory lap

i think your stalking me again. the nmc means nothing the devils,canes,maybe the leafs or kings,make a offer to the flames for Marky.if it is a good one they take it to him and see if he wants to go.if its not a 1st pick at least they dont bother,so how does this lower his value.the flames arent looking to move one of the top goalies in the league,but they will if its a legit offer. i promise theres no retention necessary. did you not just watch Marky beat your devils,and do you realize that if Marky was playing for the devils and Vanecek was playing for the flames the score would have been reversed.give your stubborn head a shake.YOU GUYS MEANING THE DEVILS HAVE NO CHANCE WITH YOUR CURRENT GOALTENDING,BUT ARE LEGIT WITH MARKY.
Feb. 8 at 11:24 p.m.
I Love J Boqvist
i think your stalking me again. the nmc means nothing the devils,canes,maybe the leafs or kings,make a offer to the flames for Marky.if it is a good one they take it to him and see if he wants to go.if its not a 1st pick at least they dont bother,so how does this lower his value.the flames arent looking to move one of the top goalies in the league,but they will if its a legit offer. i promise theres no retention necessary. did you not just watch Marky beat your devils,and do you realize that if Marky was playing for the devils and Vanecek was playing for the flames the score would have been reversed.give your stubborn head a shake.YOU GUYS MEANING THE DEVILS HAVE NO CHANCE WITH YOUR CURRENT GOALTENDING,BUT ARE LEGIT WITH MARKY.

Leafs Canes and Kings can't afford his contract. Who's next on your suggestion box of bidders?

You go ask Marky who he'd waive for and if he'll waive for NJD then we'll make an offer. Not wasting time negotiating a trade that might get vetoed.

But Calgary doesn't want to do that because then it takes away potential 'bidders' to drive the price up.
Feb. 8 at 11:47 p.m.
Leafs Canes and Kings can't afford his contract. Who's next on your suggestion box of bidders?

You go ask Marky who he'd waive for and if he'll waive for NJD then we'll make an offer. Not wasting time negotiating a trade that might get vetoed.

But Calgary doesn't want to do that because then it takes away potential 'bidders' to drive the price up.

ok im really not wasting anymore time with you.your not capable of getting it.but your right the leafs cant afford him,they can barely do Tanev with 50 percent retention.but i did say maybe. it has been reported over and over,that this is how it works. a team makes a offer to the flames for Marky,if the flames like the offer they will ask Marky to waive.otherwise they are not going to approach him.at that point its in Markys court. the flames are going into a rebuild,does he want to be around for that.i doubt it,he wants to win a cup.the devils have a good team,but they have the worst goaltending in the league.what do you think Marky might say. the devils are desperate for a top goalie,so you really think there not making a offer,because it might waste there time. i really think your very clueless,so i dont expect you to understand.but this is the last time i will try.
Feb. 9 at 2:49 a.m.

This is precisely why NJ has 3 AHL goalies and will continue to. Discredit the assets your teams needs all you want, doesn't change the market price.
delete liked this.
Feb. 9 at 9:02 a.m.
Calgary drafts Honzek at 16th 2023, no first in 2022, Coronato at 13th in 2021, Connor Zary at 24th in 2020, Pelletier at 26th in 2019, no pick in 2018, Valimaki in 2017...

They want to hold on to Markstrom and keep drafting these guys, and I think yas knocked Zary out of the park when you first picked him and can't believe no one else did before that (should have gone between 13 and 20 in that draft), but you cannot win a Stanley Cup drafting at a position in the margins.

This is why I made the silly Toronto proposal, because their window is more immediate than NJ's and because Calgary needs to offload this guy as per he does the OPPOSITE of what they want him to do: they need him to suck this year for a pick, they needed him to be great last year for the playoffs, and they needed him to stop McDavid the year before. I know... he's just trying his best, but reality is the Flames should have offloaded this guy to a team like the Kings at half salary retention and at a garbage price months ago so that they can PROPERLY tank.

This is a year where there are like FIVE D in the top ten who can potentially become NUMBER ONEs, what Calgary has wanted and needed forever, but instead, this team CHOOSES to be good enough to draft at pick 15 and to SUCK enough not to make the playoffs. WHY?! WHY WON'T THIS TEAM PROPERLY REBUILD? Treliving left, Conroy should have Chicago detonated this BS and rebuilt the damn thing, and now you're delayed a year.

Treliving was at least trying to compete, I'll give him that, and I really liked the Flames in 2022 before they crapped the bed against Edmonton, but really, REALLY... this team has to rebuild or they need a plan to get a #1 defenseman. You think they're going to use this guy to get Mercer or Nemec, you're out of your minds. Even if I wasn't a Devils fans, I'd call you nuts. It's just not happening. Markstrom they should just take what they can get and offload anyone and everyone who makes them half decent but keep the Kadri Zary tandem.

They should trade Coleman, Mangiapane, Tanev, Hanifin, and Markstrom in the next 3 days, let alone at trade deadline, so that they can AT LEAST fall to pick 8 or 7 and get one of them stud defensemen.
Feb. 9 at 9:59 a.m.
Quoting: MoxNix

no conroy has not told the devils it will cost mercer.why do you embarass yourself and all flames fans with your crap. the devils wont move move mercer for Marky,so quit.its been said over and over the flames wont go to Marky unless its a 1st pick.but its definately not mercer the devils simply wont do that.
Feb. 9 at 10:05 a.m.
Quoting: Element23VM
Calgary drafts Honzek at 16th 2023, no first in 2022, Coronato at 13th in 2021, Connor Zary at 24th in 2020, Pelletier at 26th in 2019, no pick in 2018, Valimaki in 2017...

They want to hold on to Markstrom and keep drafting these guys, and I think yas knocked Zary out of the park when you first picked him and can't believe no one else did before that (should have gone between 13 and 20 in that draft), but you cannot win a Stanley Cup drafting at a position in the margins.

This is why I made the silly Toronto proposal, because their window is more immediate than NJ's and because Calgary needs to offload this guy as per he does the OPPOSITE of what they want him to do: they need him to suck this year for a pick, they needed him to be great last year for the playoffs, and they needed him to stop McDavid the year before. I know... he's just trying his best, but reality is the Flames should have offloaded this guy to a team like the Kings at half salary retention and at a garbage price months ago so that they can PROPERLY tank.

This is a year where there are like FIVE D in the top ten who can potentially become NUMBER ONEs, what Calgary has wanted and needed forever, but instead, this team CHOOSES to be good enough to draft at pick 15 and to SUCK enough not to make the playoffs. WHY?! WHY WON'T THIS TEAM PROPERLY REBUILD? Treliving left, Conroy should have Chicago detonated this BS and rebuilt the damn thing, and now you're delayed a year.

Treliving was at least trying to compete, I'll give him that, and I really liked the Flames in 2022 before they crapped the bed against Edmonton, but really, REALLY... this team has to rebuild or they need a plan to get a #1 defenseman. You think they're going to use this guy to get Mercer or Nemec, you're out of your minds. Even if I wasn't a Devils fans, I'd call you nuts. It's just not happening. Markstrom they should just take what they can get and offload anyone and everyone who makes them half decent but keep the Kadri Zary tandem.

They should trade Coleman, Mangiapane, Tanev, Hanifin, and Markstrom in the next 3 days, let alone at trade deadline, so that they can AT LEAST fall to pick 8 or 7 and get one of them stud defensemen.

i agree with you but if you think the flames will just take whatever is offered for Marky your wrong,they will not even go to him to waive unless its a 1st pick,Marky is a very good goalie.but everything else you said is bang on. Marky and Tanev will be dealt in seperate deals,Tanev will end up in Toronto for there 1st with 50 percent retained.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll