Edited Feb. 22 at 1:18 a.m.
Pasta!

Charlie Mac w/ a filthy slot drag in OT
6-5 TILT!
booyah
Feb. 22 at 8:22 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: BeterChiarelli
Matthews' biggest hang-up to being a lock for the Hart is the whole "who's turn is it" debate that the NHL Writers Association have to (stupidly) factor in to every debate. Of the four names in question, MacKinnon is the only one who hasn't won it yet.

We know the Rocket is essentially locked up: Matthews is going to be taking home hardware. Having thought about it a bit more, I think Nate only wins the Hart outright now if he also wins the scoring race and that the PHWA would never vote for Kucherov to win the Hart after his All-Star appearance. I'm also not trying to account for the standings because I think the PHWA doing so is also a boneheaded move but will do so below. Thus I think the breakdown is as such:

1. If MacKinnon wins the Art Ross, he also wins the Hart, circumspect of just being a dominant player this season.
2. If Kucherov wins the Art Ross and Tampa Bay is in a divisional playoff spot, then I think it's a 50-50 between MacKinnon and Matthews.
3. If Kucherov wins the Art Ross and Tampa Bay is in a wildcard spot, I think the field of MacKinnon, Matthews, and McDavid is fair game strictly because the PHWA is going to have a vendetta against Kucherov. If there is no vendetta, then Kucherov should be winning the Hart in this case.
4. If McDavid wins the Art Ross and Toronto is in a divisional playoff spot, McDavid wins the Hart with factors of a torrid late pace and the diminished factor of Matthews' importance to the Leafs' success.
5. If McDavid wins the Art Ross and Toronto is in a wildcard spot, then I think it's a 50-50 between Matthews and McDavid.
6. All points are moot if Matthews scores 76 or more goals to tie/break the "modern" mark set by Mogilny and Selanne, as the Hart sort of has to go his way at that point.

Fair, But it would be interesting to see if Matthews' point totals factor in too (currently T5 for points) and his defensive game has an impact, same with factors like the president trophy etc.
Feb. 22 at 8:22 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: aadoyle
ARI pls pull the goalie so your man Matthews can get another Hatty lul

0 empty netters this season lol
CantStopWontStop liked this.
Feb. 22 at 12:56 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
With Stone and Eichel going to LTIR

VGK gonna go shopping this TDL

Its basically Guentzel + at this point
Feb. 22 at 2:21 p.m.
WentWughes
Colin White claimed on waivers and will play against his former team tonight.
ricochetii liked this.
Feb. 22 at 3:19 p.m.
ESPN top centers

1. McDavid
2. MacKinnon
3. Matthews
4. Crosby
5. Draisaitl
6. Barkov
7. Hughes
8. Point
9. Eichel
10. Pettersson

What’s interesting is that 5/10 players surveyed had McDavid. 4/10 had MacKinnon. 1/10 had Crosby. All 10 executives had McDavid first.

EDIT - honorable mentions

11. Miller
12. Aho
13. Hintz
14. Zibanejad
15. Kopitar
16. Reinhart
17. Stamkos
18. Hischier
19. Thomas
20. Stutzle
21. Barzal
22. Hertl
Feb. 22 at 5:24 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NHLfan10506
ESPN top centers

1. McDavid
2. MacKinnon
3. Matthews
4. Crosby
5. Draisaitl
6. Barkov
7. Hughes
8. Point
9. Eichel
10. Pettersson

What’s interesting is that 5/10 players surveyed had McDavid. 4/10 had MacKinnon. 1/10 had Crosby. All 10 executives had McDavid first.

EDIT - honorable mentions

11. Miller
12. Aho
13. Hintz
14. Zibanejad
15. Kopitar
16. Reinhart
17. Stamkos
18. Hischier
19. Thomas
20. Stutzle
21. Barzal
22. Hertl

Dont see anything wrong with that list. As the top 5 is pretty much perfect especially top 3

Like Crosby looks like hes 25 again and is just someone any team would die for lul
Feb. 22 at 5:26 p.m.
Quoting: aadoyle
Dont see anything wrong with that list. As the top 5 is pretty much perfect

Too often I feel like Crosby ends up way too low in these. Glad he is where he should be.
Feb. 22 at 5:27 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Too often I feel like Crosby ends up way too low in these. Glad he is where he should be.

I always had him top 5 even in the slump time. As people forget just how dam good he was and still is

Like I always had the 3 M's (Matthews, McDavid, MacKinnon top 3) then it was basically Crosby with Bergeron or Draisaitl at 5
Feb. 22 at 5:50 p.m.
WentWughes
Some interesting rumours from TheFourthPeriod

- As we first reported at the start of the month, Markstrom is willing to sign off on a trade to the Devils. It’s now up to Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald and Flames GM Craig Conroy to agree on revised terms.
Separate sources confirmed the Devils would send forward Alexander Holtz back in a trade with between $2 million and $3 million of Markstrom’s of annual cap hit retained.

- One name making the rounds lately out of Ottawa is Josh Norris. The Senators are not shopping him, but teams have been calling and the Sens are listening.

- As the Detroit Red Wings explore the market and look to add non-rental pieces to their roster, young forward Jonatan Berggren remains an asset they are dangling as bait. But word is he recently rejected a contract extension pitched by the Red Wings and wants a shot at a full-time NHL gig, something he clearly isn’t getting right now in Detroit. Around five teams, including Calgary and Montreal, have expressed interest.

- Outside of Saros and Tyson Barrie, some other names making the rounds out of Nashville include Cody Glass, Tommy Novak and Alexandre Carrier.
Feb. 22 at 5:52 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

- As we first reported at the start of the month, Markstrom is willing to sign off on a trade to the Devils. It’s now up to Devils GM Tom Fitzgerald and Flames GM Craig Conroy to agree on revised terms.
Separate sources confirmed the Devils would send forward Alexander Holtz back in a trade with between $2 million and $3 million of Markstrom’s of annual cap hit retained.

- One name making the rounds lately out of Ottawa is Josh Norris. The Senators are not shopping him, but teams have been calling and the Sens are listening.

- As the Detroit Red Wings explore the market and look to add non-rental pieces to their roster, young forward Jonatan Berggren remains an asset they are dangling as bait. But word is he recently rejected a contract extension pitched by the Red Wings and wants a shot at a full-time NHL gig, something he clearly isn’t getting right now in Detroit. Around five teams, including Calgary and Montreal, have expressed interest.

- Outside of Saros and Tyson Barrie, some other names making the rounds out of Nashville include Cody Glass, Tommy Novak and Alexandre Carrier.

If Norris is available AVS could be a big fit. Guess Girard and some picks get it done but might need some more cap gymnastics
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Feb. 22 at 6:13 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

Separate sources confirmed the Devils would send forward Alexander Holtz back in a trade with between $2 million and $3 million of Markstrom’s of annual cap hit retained

The agreed upon package was Holtz for Markstrom…with tbd retention (and tbd piece to pay for retention). This has been known for a week or so. It’s what prompted CGY to ask Markstrom to waive on the 9th or 10th. So nothing new here other than the “2-3 million” amount (have seen once as 15%, another time as $2m).

(But appears to have been paused while Devils talk to other teams with goalies).
Feb. 22 at 7:02 p.m.
Edited Feb. 22 at 7:55 p.m.
Is this a mistake? Logan Stankoven Scouting Report

Before playing a single NHL game he is listed as an 89 overall 2nd liner while Matt Duchene is rated as a 85 overall 2nd liner. I know there are different overall rating scales but as far as I can tell they are rated in the same scale since they are both listed at the same talent type (professional), position (centre), projection (2nd line), and trending (under NHL contract)
Feb. 22 at 9:14 p.m.
Quoting: UpsideDownQue

Before playing a single NHL game he is listed as an 89 overall 2nd liner while Matt Duchene is rated as a 85 overall 2nd liner. I know there are different overall rating scales but as far as I can tell they are rated in the same scale since they are both listed at the same talent type (professional), position (centre), projection (2nd line), and trending (under NHL contract)

I am not a fan of the scouting reports and suggested they should take them down and fix. They didn’t seem to like that. There is a whole back and forth on it in the Suggestions thread
Feb. 22 at 9:22 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Wow Nylander got traded
Feb. 22 at 9:51 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Feb. 22 at 10:07 p.m.
So VGK got Stone + Eichel out

While injuries are unavoidable the timing feels like one of those how lucky can u get things

They got 17m this TDL to spend
Feb. 22 at 10:14 p.m.
Buchnevich heard trade talk, secures natural hatty.
Feb. 22 at 10:22 p.m.
After goal review in Blues game, ref came back to center ice, turned on his mic and said, “you’re not gonna like it but it’s no goal”.

Referees with personality. I endorse.
Feb. 22 at 10:30 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: CantStopWontStop
Buchnevich heard trade talk, secures natural hatty.

Got a feeling hes gonna end up in VGK in a reunion with Barbashev
Feb. 22 at 10:38 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Well there's goes Adin Hill

We just chased the highest SV% goalie lul
Feb. 22 at 10:46 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
That Rempe hit was just a holy **** lul

I honestly thought Bastian would go off a stretcher
Feb. 23 at 12:47 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Got to thank Rielly for waking up his team

6 nice wins even when he came back tonight not bad
Feb. 23 at 7:15 a.m.
Quoting: UpsideDownQue

Well Duchene’s report is from November so slightly outdated, also the overall’s are simply a measure of how well rounded your are using weighted values, there’s no opinion in the overalls whatsoever (which creates the same problem as analytics where there’s players in weird spots).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll