SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

50Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 5 - TDL additions (Go Big or Go Small)

Mar. 2 at 9:46 a.m.
Rip
Quoting: Leafsfan98
Bukula and Bourne are as creditable as Kyper

And that's simply not true... McCabe usually forces Colorado to play high in the zone

Ah yes this sort of argument now. Anyone who disagrees with your opinion is not credible. What a surprise.
Mar. 2 at 10:00 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: RipNasty
Ah yes this sort of argument now. Anyone who disagrees with your opinion is not credible. What a surprise.

No, it's the "sources" that you use aren't creditable, otherwise, you'd be using better sources...

I can say a guy like Dangle agrees with me, but he isn't a credible sources either...
Mar. 2 at 12:30 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: Leafsfan98
No, it's the "sources" that you use aren't creditable, otherwise, you'd be using better sources...

I can say a guy like Dangle agrees with me, but he isn't a credible sources either...

Yup, every source you disagree with will fall into the category of bad. Your opinion is so on point you must be a scout or GM in real life eh? Yeah let's just accept your opinion as law and ignore guys who get paid a lot of money to know this stuff.
Mar. 2 at 1:26 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Really hoping that we don't spend a ton of our draft picks at this years draft 🤞

I think we should just be pseudo-buyers, there are some glaring positional needs that we need to address, and too few sellers to actually address said needs. Please don't be dumb Brad
palhal and Juice liked this.
Mar. 2 at 1:42 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Really hoping that we don't spend a ton of our draft picks at this years draft 🤞

I think we should just be pseudo-buyers, there are some glaring positional needs that we need to address, and too few sellers to actually address said needs. Please don't be dumb Brad

I dont really care if it leads to more success. If these guys help em go on a run/add insurance go for it

Matthews, Marner, and Willy be flying rn each of which could reach 100 points and one potentially reaching 70 goals

If there are opportunities for guys with term go for it as these be the prime years now
Mar. 2 at 2:01 p.m.
As much as I'm not a fan of the trade, I liked Boosh's time here more than most people did and I'm excited to see him back tonight.
Mar. 2 at 2:05 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 2 at 2:18 p.m.
Was doing some math

If Gio goes to LTIR

Gregor, Timmins, Jones, Robertson get sent down/waived/traded leafs have 4.47m to work with, send reaves down it goes to 5.62m

There's also another cap of 3.6m is Jones stays so 3.6-4.47 is what they can have this TDL

So there be options based on that
Mar. 2 at 3:19 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Saw a funny tweet so took its points

“why does it always have to be about the Leafs?”

Also everyone: immediate reaction to Pettersson contract is to compare to Nylander

(Not Panarin, not MacKinnon, nor Pastrnak. Allllll Nylander)

Not wrong there. Soon as Pete signed all the comparables be going to Willy and he started trending

But funny enough 5 on 5 past 3 seasons both guys be almost the ****ing same lul with Nylander having more goals and Pete assists

Why cant they just be happy he decided to stick around then compare him to Willy
Mar. 2 at 3:44 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
If Pitt would ret would love Rielly Smith here.

Won a cup

Has term

Good Pker

Would look nice on the third line
Mar. 2 at 3:52 p.m.
average joe
Not sure what it means, but Lyubushkin is listed as "non-roster". Gio on IR. and Leafs meet the 23 man roster requirement and are compliant.
I suppose he couldn't catch a flight. or has to wrap things up there before coming.
It seems Timmins can be put on LTIR and that will buy them another week when Libby (Boosh?) finally joins.
Mar. 2 at 3:56 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: Messier99
Not sure what it means, but Lyubushkin is listed as "non-roster". Gio on IR. and Leafs meet the 23 man roster requirement and are compliant.
I suppose he couldn't catch a flight. or has to wrap things up there before coming.
It seems Timmins can be put on LTIR and that will buy them another week when Libby (Boosh?) finally joins.

Lajoie was sent down today to get us beneath the roster limit, Capfriendly currently lists the Leafs contracts at 22/23 (23/23 after Lyubushkin gets set to the active roster).

Keefe has confirmed that Lyubushkin will play tonight next to Rielly, he was spotted at practice today
Mar. 2 at 4:06 p.m.
Amirov Forever

Lajoie was sent down today to get us beneath the roster limit, Capfriendly currently lists the Leafs contracts at 22/23 (23/23 after Lyubushkin gets set to the active roster).

Keefe has confirmed that Lyubushkin will play tonight next to Rielly, he was spotted at practice today

Nvm, forgot about the Jarnkrok activation. My guess is Robertson just gets sent down to the AHL, he is waiver exempt after all
Mar. 2 at 4:07 p.m.
average joe

I thought I heard Jarnkrok is playing. Doesn't that put them 1 over?
Mar. 2 at 4:07 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Nvm, forgot about the Jarnkrok activation. My guess is Robertson just gets sent down to the AHL, he is waiver exempt after all

Yeah I misspoke, my bad
Messier99 liked this.
Mar. 2 at 4:18 p.m.
Hakuna Matata

When Jarnkrok is activated Gio probs goes to LTIR

That man's done as head injuries be no joke
Mar. 2 at 4:51 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Ive got a sneaking suspicion that Jensen is this years McCabe.

Please just keep the 1st, or maybe see if you can flip Liljegren for one like we did with Sandin 🤞
Mar. 2 at 5:17 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Ive got a sneaking suspicion that Jensen is this years McCabe.

Please just keep the 1st, or maybe see if you can flip Liljegren for one like we did with Sandin 🤞

WSH seems to have its eyes on Robertson per trades posted
Mar. 2 at 5:19 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: aadoyle
WSH seems to have its eyes on Robertson per trades posted

I think something like Robertson, 1st, and more assets for something like Jensen retains and Dowd makes sense. It's weird how similar Jensen and Dowd are to McCabe and Dowd. Then flipping Liljegren for assets after Jensen takes his spot, ideally to recoup a 1st
Mar. 2 at 5:21 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
I think something like Robertson, 1st, and more assets for something like Jensen retains and Dowd makes sense. It's weird how similar Jensen and Dowd are to McCabe and Dowd. Then flipping Liljegren for assets after Jensen takes his spot, ideally to recoup a 1st

Jensen's older though so who knows

I have seen WSH fans giving him to us for a 3rd

Likes hes 33 so that could be incentive to lower the price. Like could be 3rd and Robertson for ret
Mar. 2 at 5:22 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Quoting: aadoyle
Jensen's older though so who knows

I have seen WSH fans giving him to us for a 3rd

Likes hes 33 so that could be incentive to lower the price. Like could be 3rd and Robertson for ret

If Jensen retained costs less than a 1st then I dont care how old he is, Im making that deal every single time
Mar. 2 at 7:36 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 2 at 7:42 p.m.
Sometimes this PP despite having some amazing guys be odd

Unit 1 tonight and its passing be ?'s lul

And not getting a shot while NYR got one one it not great
Mar. 2 at 7:46 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Didnt think that went in but apparently it did unlucky

But nice shot by Laf
Mar. 2 at 7:50 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
The one problem with Brodie

Defensively hes good especially on his strong side but when u need him to shoot or do anything offensively just might as well blow the play dead

The offense be gone lul. Just lucky that breakaway didnt lead to 2-0 as wow was that a bad move by him
Mar. 2 at 7:51 p.m.
Brads about to trade Robertson for Matt Dumba isn’t he…
Mar. 2 at 7:52 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Mar. 2 at 7:59 p.m.
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Brads about to trade Robertson for Matt Dumba isn’t he…

Nah seems the target's Nick Jensen's as to how the deal will look 0 idea

Would like a Mantha + Jensen deal though

Knies-Matthews-Marner
Bertuzzi-Domi-Nylander
McMann-JT-Mantha
Holmberg-Kampf-Jarnkrok

Rielly-Boosh
Brodie-Jensen
McCabe-Liligren

Extra: Benoit, Reaves

To create a post please Login or Register
Question: