$7,850,000$7,850,000
      LW, RW
      UFA - 7
      Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
      $7,875,000$7,875,000
      C
      UFA - 6
      $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
      RW, LW
      RFA - 1
      $2,900,000$2,900,000
      C, LW
      RFA - 3
      $13,000,000$13,000,000
      C, LW
      UFA - 8
      $5,500,000$5,500,000
      RW, LW
      UFA
      $835,000$835,000
      LW, RW
      RFA - 2
      Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
      $4,000,000$4,000,000
      C, RW
      UFA - 1
      $3,400,000$3,400,000
      RW, LW
      UFA - 1
      $1,100,000$1,100,000
      LW, RW
      RFA - 1
      $1,700,000$1,700,000
      C
      UFA - 1
      $1,000,000$1,000,000
      RW, LW
      RFA
      Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
      $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
      LD/RD
      RFA - 1
      $3,500,000$3,500,000
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $3,150,000$3,150,000
      G
      UFA - 3
      $950,000$950,000
      LD
      RFA - 2
      $5,000,000$5,000,000
      RD
      UFA
      $890,000$890,000
      G
      RFA - 1
      $1,300,000$1,300,000
      LD/RD
      RFA
      $875,000$875,000
      RD
      RFA - 2
      ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
      $812,500$812,500
      LW, RW
      UFA - 1
      $10,500,000$10,500,000
      G
      NMC
      UFA - 2
      $766,667$766,667
      RD
      UFA - 1
      $4,450,000$4,450,000
      C
      M-NTC
      UFA - 1
      $867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
      LD
      RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
      • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
      Feb. 26 at 9:39 p.m.
      JimmyPaek
      That’s a rebuild trade. If I’m the Nucks I want a couple bonafide players back now instead of 3 1sts. I’d take 2 1sts. I don’t think Montreal has the pieces to make that kind of deal. They’d need to go heavy on futures.
      mmccRed198913 liked this.
      Feb. 26 at 9:40 p.m.
      Doesn’t happen without a high end piece being included. Canucks start by asking for one of Caufield/Slaf to be the headline piece (unlikely I know). Assuming that doesn’t happen at least one of Reinbacher or your 2024 1st has to be included, maybe even both. And that’s only if the Canucks prefer to rebuild rather than retool which I’m not sure is likely
      dannibalcorpse liked this.
      Feb. 26 at 9:45 p.m.
      Jeff Gorton
      Quoting: mv21227
      Doesn’t happen without a high end piece being included. Canucks start by asking for one of Caufield/Slaf to be the headline piece (unlikely I know). Assuming that doesn’t happen at least one of Reinbacher or your 2024 1st has to be included, maybe even both. And that’s only if the Canucks prefer to rebuild rather than retool which I’m not sure is likely

No one is gonna offer a main part of their core. Teams acquiring Petey want him to add to their core, not be the entire core. Canucks fans are gonna be getting futures and a couple decent players to replace some of his output. Hes 25, not 19. Teams may only get 5 years of him
      Feb. 26 at 9:50 p.m.
      Quoting: edeangel84
      That’s a rebuild trade. If I’m the Nucks I want a couple bonafide players back now instead of 3 1sts. I’d take 2 1sts. I don’t think Montreal has the pieces to make that kind of deal. They’d need to go heavy on futures.

Correct. From the whispers he wants to play in Detroit. Who knows. Wings don’t have the NHL players it would take to get him. A team like Dallas, Ottawa or Carolina would be my picks who could actually get him and afford him
      Feb. 26 at 9:53 p.m.
      JimmyPaek
      Quoting: mmccRed198913
      Correct. From the whispers he wants to play in Detroit. Who knows. Wings don’t have the NHL players it would take to get him. A team like Dallas, Ottawa or Carolina would be my picks who could actually get him and afford him

I think you’d have to give up one of Kasper or Danielson, 2 1sts and probably Raymond.
      Feb. 26 at 9:56 p.m.
      Quoting: edeangel84
      I think you’d have to give up one of Kasper or Danielson, 2 1sts and probably Raymond.

Yeah not happening. Raymond is untouchable at this point. Wings don’t have the NHL talent they’re willing to part with to get him.
      Feb. 26 at 10:02 p.m.
      Quoting: JeffGorton
      No one is gonna offer a main part of their core. Teams acquiring Petey want him to add to their core, not be the entire core. Canucks fans are gonna be getting futures and a couple decent players to replace some of his output. Hes 25, not 19. Teams may only get 5 years of him

Nothing in that package is good enough to be a centrepiece of a Pettersson trade

Dach: injury prone middle 6C
      Matheson: aging dman who’s not good defensively and not great at 5v5. Wouldn’t get the PP time in VAN that he gets in MTL
      MTL 2025 1st: probably the best piece offered, potential lottery pick
      CGY 2025 1st: likely late as it’ll likely become the Florida 1st
      MTL 1st 2026: Montreal should be a playoff team by then so a mid-late pick

If you want a player of Pettersson’s caliber you’ll have to give up premium pieces
      theleano1 liked this.
      Feb. 26 at 10:07 p.m.
      Xercuses
      Hmmmm
      I’d like something better than Barron for compensation but I would have to think about it. Depending on what we do with cap and our defense putting him on the 3rd line could be interesting
      MoxNix liked this.
      Feb. 26 at 10:29 p.m.
      Edited Feb. 26 at 10:36 p.m.
      1. Canucks decline they'll ask for something starting with Montreal's own 2024 1st + Caufield or Slavkovski.
      2. Nobody will be paying anything remotely close to that for Jake Allen.
      3. Calgary won't be taking on Gallagher's contract. Nobody will.
      4. St. Louis won't be taking on Josh Anderson either. At least not without 50% retention, in that case Calgary might be interested.
      Feb. 26 at 10:39 p.m.
      These trades are terrible for the habs.

Hughes would fired if he did these deals.
      Feb. 26 at 11:13 p.m.
      I hate the idea of trading a first to offload ryjo, but to trade for Allen makes it palatable. There's probably a trade somewhere in there that doesn't require those picks trading hands though.
      Feb. 27 at 12:06 a.m.
      Jeff Gorton
      Quoting: MoxNix
      1. Canucks decline they'll ask for something starting with Montreal's own 2024 1st + Caufield or Slavkovski.
      2. Nobody will be paying anything remotely close to that for Jake Allen.
      3. Calgary won't be taking on Gallagher's contract. Nobody will.
      4. St. Louis won't be taking on Josh Anderson either. At least not without 50% retention, in that case Calgary might be interested.

You edited your comment and was still wrong on all 4 points. You remove all context on the trades and of course they look bad

Calgary and St Louis are gonna blow it up, they can eat contracts with 3 years remaining with a 1st and young top 4 potential d man coming back

Allen only gets that much because he is retained 50% and the Habs eat 4m of Johansen's contract.

Pettersson will not get traded for any teams best players. Thats not how trades work. Pettersson will be brought in to improve a teams core, not gut it and replace them with it. Get this through your head, TEAMS NEVER RECEIVES EQUAL SKILL OR VALUE IN A SINGUALR ASSET

Any Petey trade involves a
      1. top 6 forward replacement (Dach is exactly that, if yall watched hockey outside of your favorite team, he was insane before a freak Knee injury, his past injury was his shoulder. Last time i checked the knee and shoulder aren't connected)
      2. Top 4 D man (Either prospect for current depending on the Canucks plan to retool or still try to compete. Matheson is on 60 point pace, hes a great asset for any team
      3. Futures (3 1st round picks, his offer sheet is 4 and any team could offer a 1 year deal offer sheet on July 1st and Pettersson walks in FA for nothing)

If you truly think Petey is worth Demidov and Slafkovsky and more, then youre off your rocker. Hes elite but he even McDavid wouldn't get that
      Feb. 27 at 12:07 a.m.
      Jeff Gorton
      Nothing in that package is good enough to be a centrepiece of a Pettersson trade

Dach: injury prone middle 6C
      Matheson: aging dman who’s not good defensively and not great at 5v5. Wouldn’t get the PP time in VAN that he gets in MTL
      MTL 2025 1st: probably the best piece offered, potential lottery pick
      CGY 2025 1st: likely late as it’ll likely become the Florida 1st
      MTL 1st 2026: Montreal should be a playoff team by then so a mid-late pick

If you want a player of Pettersson’s caliber you’ll have to give up premium pieces

Pettersson will not get traded for any teams best players. Thats not how trades work. Pettersson will be brought in to improve a teams core, not gut it and replace them with it. Get this through your head, TEAMS NEVER RECEIVES EQUAL SKILL OR VALUE IN A SINGUALR ASSET

1. top 6 forward replacement (Dach is exactly that, if yall watched hockey outside of your favorite team, he was insane before a freak Knee injury, his past injury was his shoulder. Last time i checked the knee and shoulder aren't connected)
      2. Top 4 D man (Either prospect for current depending on the Canucks plan to retool or still try to compete. Matheson is on 60 point pace, hes a great asset for any team
      3. Futures (3 1st round picks, his offer sheet is 4 and any team could offer a 1 year deal offer sheet on July 1st and Pettersson walks in FA for nothing)

If you truly think Petey is worth Demidov and Slafkovsky and more, then youre off your rocker. Hes elite but he even McDavid wouldn't get that
      Feb. 27 at 12:15 a.m.

Counterpoint: Florida traded 2 of their best players for Tkachuk

I’m not expecting Slaf + your 2024 1st in return for Pettersson, but one of those two (or Caufield but that’s the most unlikely) would have to be included or else Montreal’s offer gets beat by another team. And I’m not asking for equal skill/value in a singular asset because Montreal doesn’t have that to offer

If you want a superstar like Pettersson, who’s a borderline top 5C/top 10 player, you have to give up at least one premium piece. That’s how trades work
      Feb. 27 at 12:37 a.m.
      Jeff Gorton
      Counterpoint: Florida traded 2 of their best players for Tkachuk

I’m not expecting Slaf + your 2024 1st in return for Pettersson, but one of those two (or Caufield but that’s the most unlikely) would have to be included or else Montreal’s offer gets beat by another team. And I’m not asking for equal skill/value in a singular asset because Montreal doesn’t have that to offer

If you want a superstar like Pettersson, who’s a borderline top 5C/top 10 player, you have to give up at least one premium piece. That’s how trades work

Weegar and Huby had 1 year left and were not resigning in Florida. They were then both overpaid in Calgary
      Feb. 27 at 12:55 a.m.
      Weegar and Huby had 1 year left and were not resigning in Florida. They were then both overpaid in Calgary

Huberdeau’s contract has obviously aged poorly, but Weegar isn’t overpaid at all. And just because Huberdeau hasn’t worked out in Calgary and he and Weegar were pending UFAs doesn’t mean they were worthless. They both still had a lot of value. They both individually were worth quite a bit more than any single piece you’re offering in this trade, even as pending UFAs
      Feb. 27 at 1:50 a.m.
      Jeff Gorton
      Huberdeau’s contract has obviously aged poorly, but Weegar isn’t overpaid at all. And just because Huberdeau hasn’t worked out in Calgary and he and Weegar were pending UFAs doesn’t mean they were worthless. They both still had a lot of value. They both individually were worth quite a bit more than any single piece you’re offering in this trade, even as pending UFAs

They were both pending UFAs, both on the peak of their prime. Hubby wouldve gotten a little more than what Guentzel gets and Weegar about the same as Hanifin if traded
      Feb. 27 at 7:13 a.m.
      Avs decline.
      Feb. 27 at 10:30 a.m.
      Edited Feb. 27 at 10:53 a.m.
      You edited your comment and was still wrong on all 4 points. You remove all context on the trades and of course they look bad

Calgary and St Louis are gonna blow it up, they can eat contracts with 3 years remaining with a 1st and young top 4 potential d man coming back

Allen only gets that much because he is retained 50% and the Habs eat 4m of Johansen's contract.

The only one off his rocker is you. I never said half the crap you say I'm "wrong" about.

Everyone knows the Canucks want to extend Pettersson and have a big offer (rumored to be at 12 mil AAV). It shouldn't need to be said since anyone with an ounce of common sense knows it but Vancouver won't be trading Petey unless he refuses to extend with them. In that case if Montreal made a pitch for him Vancouver would tell them the offer needs to start with players like Caufield and Slavkovsky. That's START WITH, I wouldn't be surprised if they asked for Suziki++ either though I didn't say that before but I'm saying it now, you can go ahead and lose your mind over it now.

I also never said Montreal would actually do anything like that, I simply said that's what it would take. Really it doesn't make any sense for them. If Petey won't extend in Vancouver with the season they're having now he sure won't resign in Montreal. Again I really shouldn't have to say that since it's pretty obvious to anyone with a bit of sense.

Vancouver really wouldn't be interested in a bunch of late 1sts. They'd want players to win now, not assets to kick off a rebuild with. A 1st could be part of the package especially if it's a mid-high 1st but not 3 late 1sts.

And yes Dach would be right up there as one of Vancouver's top trade targets from Montreal. I was actually thinking more along the lines of replacing 2 or 3 of the 1sts with Caufield + Slavkovski.

I'm not going to waste a whole lot of my valuable time adding caveats, repeating information that is common knowledge and going over every minor little detail just for people like you.

Furthermore Calgary is not going to "blow it up" and I doubt St. Lois will either.

As for Allen you are wrong, he's not a target for anyone looking for a starter. You won't get anything for him without 50% retention and even then it wouldn't be much, maybe a 3rd round pick. Johansen isn't a cap dump, he'd be moved to free up cap but he's still a useful player. Allen is a cap dump.

To create a post please Login or Register
      Question:
      Options:
      Add Option
      Submit Poll