EOY standings Prediction and uneducated mock

EOY standings Prediction and uneducated mock

Draft Class: 2023
Created By: BDHockey
Published: Feb. 27 at 1:38 p.m.
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
Chicago Blackhawks
Celibrini: Consensus 1OA. Everyone mourns Chiraq getting another 1OA, but remembers that this makes it difficult for Chicago to get Hagens next year.
2Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
Anaheim Ducks
Silayev: Absolute specimen phsically. Most likely has a Top 4D floor, but could have the highest potential of any Draft eligible D since Owen Power. Ducks have plenty of forward prospects and this could give the a true 1D
3Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
San Jose
Levshunov: Very toolsy Defenseman who is probably slightly more likely to be a 1D than Silayev, but doesn't have as much upside in my opinion. San Jose could really draft a lot of different people in this position, but Levshunov just feels right.
4Logo of the San Jose Sharks-
Columbus Blue Jackets
Demidov: Dynamic Russian winger who will pair very well with Fantilli. The Russian factor isn't a big deal to me. His situation in Russia for development seems very ideal and could honestly serve as benefit.
5Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-
Montreal Canadiens
Lindstrom: Habs can afford to start going for high potential game breakers at this point of their rebuild. Eiserman could be picked here, but seems a little bit redundant having Caulfield and Eiserman. Lindstrom provides lots of talent and potential especially if slotted into the 2C position.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-
Arizona Coyotes
Eiserman: Why not go for it? With a dynamic player maker like Cooley who knows what Eiserman could accomplish at the Pro Level. I also don't think Eiserman is as one dimensional as the echo chamber makes him out to be.
7Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
Ottawa Senators
Dickinson: I am well aware of the current woes with LD for the Sens. However, he is BPA and really should slide any further. Plus by the time he is ready I would assume there would be room for him to join.
8Logo of the Washington Capitals-
Buffalo Sabres
Parehk: Maybe a stretch, but he is by far the most dynamic offensive defenseman. Buffalo could also go for Yakemchuk here and that would justified as well.
9Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
Seattle Kraken
Catton: Great vision and excellent playmaker. One of those players who could top 5 in redrafts. Also probably BPA at this point.
10Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
Calgary Flames
Iginila: Obviously a legacy pick. Some might say this is a reach, but at this point in this draft year the tiers start to drop off and you want to start taking players who project to make an impact at all the NHL. Iginila's compete if nothing else will land him an impactful middle to top 6 role.
11Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
St Louis Blues
Yakemchuk: Big RHD. Second best offensive defenseman. Defense seems to be trending in the right direction. Lindstein-Yakemchuk could be a dynamic first pair for the Blues in the not too far future given Yakemchuk's age.
12Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Ottawa Senators
Pittsburgh Penguins
Helenius: Probably a steal at this point. Good shot and high floor, while already playing with men. Solid player to pair with Yager for Pittsburgh's new generation.
13Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
New York Islanders
Buium: Should be the BPA at this point. Probably more of a 2-3D. High IQ defender, but offensive numbers probably don't fully translate to NHL.
14Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
Minneasota Wild
Brandsegg-Nygaard: High floor. By far the best player on WJC U20 team for Norway. Good addition to the Wild, but they very well may end up drafting higher than this. Hard to say because of how close the standings are.
15Logo of the Nashville Predators-
New Jersey Devils
Greentree: Good powerforward type. Probably doesn't get the attention deserved. Could pick Connelly here, but there are a few off ice concerns which I would think would be bad for a young Devils locker room.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-
Washington Capitals
Connelly: I know I just brought up some off ice concerns, but the talent is there. Capitals could also go with Jiricek if they want to take a swing.
17Logo of the Detroit Red WingsLogo of the New York Islanders
18Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
19Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
20Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
21Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
22Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
23Logo of the New York Rangers-
24Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Edmonton Oilers
25Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
26Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
28Logo of the Toronto Maple LeafsLogo of the Boston Bruins
29Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Dallas Stars
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
31Logo of the Colorado AvalancheLogo of the Florida Panthers
32Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
Feb. 27 at 2:13 p.m.
I think Connelly is a top-5 level talent...and the off-ice stuff will hurt him with some teams, but his response to those issues could help him with some teams.

But for NJD, another speedy, transition forward is not a need here. Need a big body forward with a shot, or defensive dman.

F: Greentree, Iginla, Chernyshov, Brandsegg-Nygard, Boisvert
D: Jiricek, Emery, Kleber
Feb. 27 at 2:35 p.m.
ht42
I have a big feeling that Montreal will gonna win the Draft lottery.....
Feb. 27 at 2:58 p.m.
Stovetop
FYI Sharks own the PIT Pick. They may still take Helenius though. Their prospect pool is really on the left side but pretty weak on the Right. I think they'd really like a Center but if they see Eklund as a future center then maybe they take a winger.

If they get Levshunov at 2-4 I could see them trading up a couple spots to get Catton, and if they get Cellebrini with #1, I could see them trading up to get Parekh
Feb. 27 at 3:01 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
i was under the impression that you *couldn't win the draft lottery more than twice in 5 years, and especially not 3yrs in a row
Feb. 27 at 3:01 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Quoting: ht42
I have a big feeling that Montreal will gonna win the Draft lottery.....

and prob select Zayne Parekh 1st overall lol
Capitalfail67 and drambui liked this.
Feb. 27 at 3:04 p.m.
Edited Feb. 27 at 3:16 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I think Connelly is a top-5 level talent...and the off-ice stuff will hurt him with some teams, but his response to those issues could help him with some teams.

But for NJD, another speedy, transition forward is not a need here. Need a big body forward with a shot, or defensive dman.

Fair enough. Devils for me were one of those teams that has so much that I really didn't know what they would go for. Also one of the harder teams to predict how the season will end. FWIW I have them selecting Greentree, so I guess that works.
Feb. 27 at 3:06 p.m.
Quoting: AStovetop
FYI Sharks own the PIT Pick. They may still take Helenius though. Their prospect pool is really on the left side but pretty weak on the Right. I think they'd really like a Center but if they see Eklund as a future center then maybe they take a winger.

If they get Levshunov at 2-4 I could see them trading up a couple spots to get Catton, and if they get Cellebrini with #1, I could see them trading up to get Parekh

Yeah I don't know how I forgot that they have that pick. I like your thought process of trading up for those players.
Feb. 27 at 3:08 p.m.
Quoting: BigBadBurke
i was under the impression that you *couldn't win the draft lottery more than twice in 5 years, and especially not 3yrs in a row

Who do I have doing that? As far as I'm aware this rule only applies back to 2022.
Feb. 27 at 3:09 p.m.
ht42
and prob select Zayne Parekh 1st overall lol

I like the joke.............

but they will choose Celebrini because of Lane Hutson...................
Feb. 27 at 3:14 p.m.

Say they get 5th again though... Am I close with Lindstrom?
BigBadBurke and drambui liked this.
Feb. 27 at 3:17 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

ive read this a lot about Connelly being a top talent in this draft hopefully thats true if Capitals select him
NHLfan10506 liked this.
Feb. 27 at 3:18 p.m.
ht42
Quoting: BDHockey
Say they get 5th again though... Am I close with Lindstrom?

If Lindstrom is available, they will likely gonna draft him. Don't expect Montreal drafting a Dman, because they will likely gonna trade away somes of their young Dmans for assets.
Feb. 27 at 3:21 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
Who do I have doing that? As far as I'm aware this rule only applies back to 2022.

if the hawks go back to back with beard-celebrini... i don't think hagens is dropping so 3 in a row wouldn't be difficult, but impossible
Feb. 27 at 3:21 p.m.
Fair enough. Devils for me were one of those teams that has so much that I really didn't know what they would go for. Also one of the harder teams to predict how the season will end. FWIW I have them selecting Greentree, so I guess that works.

I like the Greentree pick. Any power forward works there.
Feb. 27 at 3:22 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss

would be nice, and exactly what they are missing tbh
Feb. 27 at 3:23 p.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
ive read this a lot about Connelly being a top talent in this draft hopefully thats true if Capitals select him

Best skater in draft...maybe 2nd best overall offensive player (after Celebrini).

Reminds me a lot of Jack Hughes at similar age.

He is light, but everything looks like its on fast forward.
Feb. 27 at 3:27 p.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67

He really is a top end talent. Off ice concerns are kind of whatever to me. As fans we rarely get as full a picture as GM's do. I would say if your team is comfortable drafting him then you should. He has had two race related controversies, but I am sure that there are plenty of successful NHL players that made racial jokes among friends when they were a teenager.

It's really more about his work ethic and figuring out whether the incidents were meant to be immature jokes or draw greater personality concerns.
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Feb. 27 at 3:30 p.m.
if the hawks go back to back with beard-celebrini... i don't think hagens is dropping so 3 in a row wouldn't be difficult, but impossible

So it would techinally be possible for them to Get bedard, Celibrini and Hagens at first if...

1. They win the first overall this year and draft Celibrini.
2. They finish last in the standing next year, two teams from draft position 12-16 win the lottery. You can only advance 10 spots, so by default Chicago would have first overall and pick Hagens.

Very tiny chance of it occuring, but it is technically possible and Bettman does love the Blackhawkstears of joy
Feb. 27 at 3:36 p.m.
PittsburghModelMyAss
So it would techinally be possible for them to Get bedard, Celibrini and Hagens at first if...

1. They win the first overall this year and draft Celibrini.
2. They finish last in the standing next year, two teams from draft position 12-16 win the lottery. You can only advance 10 spots, so by default Chicago would have first overall and pick Hagens.

Very tiny chance of it occuring, but it is technically possible and Bettman does love the Blackhawkstears of joy

hope that scenario plays out just to see bettman's reaction
BDHockey liked this.
Feb. 27 at 3:43 p.m.
Best skater in draft...maybe 2nd best overall offensive player (after Celebrini).

hope that scenario plays out just to see bettman's reaction

There is also a point I'm not sure about that NHLFan might know, since he is seemingly one of the go to draft people on here. From what I've read it says that no team may improve their draft position twice with a 5 year span starting in 2022.

So if you place last in the league every year and win the lottery I would assume that means you are not improving your draft position and doesn't count towards that rule?
Feb. 27 at 3:58 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
He really is a top end talent. Off ice concerns are kind of whatever to me. As fans we rarely get as full a picture as GM's do. I would say if your team is comfortable drafting him then you should. He has had two race related controversies, but I am sure that there are plenty of successful NHL players that made racial jokes among friends when they were a teenager.

It's really more about his work ethic and figuring out whether the incidents were meant to be immature jokes or draw greater personality concerns.

would he be in a Mailloux type situation where hes good enough for the NHL but morals and fan pressure will keep him out of the league longer than necessary ? im not entirely familiar with his situation ill google it later when im not on a work server lol
Feb. 27 at 3:59 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

damn he would be an absolute gem
NHLfan10506 liked this.
Feb. 27 at 4:02 p.m.
There is also a point I'm not sure about that NHLFan might know, since he is seemingly one of the go to draft people on here. From what I've read it says that no team may improve their draft position twice with a 5 year span starting in 2022.

So if you place last in the league every year and win the lottery I would assume that means you are not improving your draft position and doesn't count towards that rule?

The limit is on lottery wins. This has come up the last few years.

The only way to get three straight 1st overall picks is....

1. Win lottery in year 1
2. Win lottery in year 2
3. Finish last in year 3, teams between 12-16 win lottery

(years can be any order)
Feb. 28 at 4:01 p.m.
mokumboi
If Dickinson is still there at 7, Army is all up in Ottawa's face. The Sens don't really need more LDs right now.
Feb. 29 at 12:55 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
If Dickinson is still there at 7, Army is all up in Ottawa's face. The Sens don't really need more LDs right now.

I think 6 or seven is probably where he lands at this point. I personally really like Yakemchuk, but would also be fine with Armstrong moving up for Dickinson or Silayev, depending on what it costs.

I could see Parekh and Yakemchuk also being of interest to the Senators.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll