Forums/Armchair-GM

RD and Top 6 Wing Targets

Created by: SHOWTIME_TTV
Team: 2023-24 Edmonton Oilers
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 3, 2024
Published: Mar. 3, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I believe Holland is looking for another Ekholm like return for his 1st + Ceci + a prospect. Below are similar players I feel would be worth the assets(Trades 1-3).
Also looking for a top 6 winger in 2nd package(Trades 4-6).

Go for a cup & trade players at the draft to recoup picks.
Obviously ignore the lines & Cap Space.
What say you? Any other potential targets?
Trades
EDM
  1. Carrick, Sam
  2. Gudas, Radko ($500,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Gudas has to agree(NTC)
ANA
  1. Akey, Beau
  2. Ceci, Cody
  3. 2024 1st round pick (EDM)
  4. 2025 4th round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Chychrun, Jakob ($600,000 retained)
  2. Kubalik, Dominik ($1,250,000 retained)
OTT
  1. 2026 4th round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Same package as above ^

Added 4th for Kubalik retention from any team
EDM
  1. Carrier, Alexandre ($1,250,000 retained)
  2. Sissons, Colton
Additional Details:
Scissons being the targeted return.
Carrier being a rental.
NSH
  1. 2025 3rd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Same package as above ^^

Added 3rd to secure Carrier. Don't think Scissons is worth the full package on his own which is why the return for Carrier is less than market value.
Added 4th for Carrier retention from any team
EDM
  1. Tarasenko, Vladimir ($2,500,000 retained)
OTT
  1. 2025 1st round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Added 2027 4th for additional 25% retention from a 3rd team
EDM
  1. Henrique, Adam ($2,912,500 retained)
ANA
    Same package as above ^
    EDM
    1. Toffoli, Tyler ($2,125,000 retained)
    NJD
    1. Lavoie, Raphael
    2. 2026 5th round pick (EDM)
    Additional Details:
    Same package as above ^^

2026 5th instead of 2027 4th additional 25% retention from a 3rd team.
    Lavoie as the sweetener.
    Buyouts
    Buried
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the NSH
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the EDM
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    11$83,500,000$72,655,060$850,000$0$10,844,940
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the New Jersey Devils
    $0$0
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
    -$1,456,250-$1,456,250
    LW, C
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $0$0
    RW
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Nashville Predators
    $2,857,143$2,857,143
    C, RW
    UFA - 3
    $425,000$425,000
    C, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $2,600,000$2,600,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
    $762,500$762,500
    G
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Nashville Predators
    $1,250,000$1,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 3 at 7:23 p.m.
    Not enough for Chychrun imo, but would definitely accept that Tarasenko deal. Good for both sides.

I think Toffoli could be an interesting fit too
    SHOWTIME_TTV liked this.
    Mar. 3 at 7:25 p.m.
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Radko Gudas is the only NHL-qualified right-handed defenseman we have under contract for next season, and he's signed for not just 2024-2025 but also the following season, too. So although the first is very nice, we'll be declining that offer. And I have it on good authority that Gudas doesn't want to play for a Canadian team in any event.
    Mar. 3 at 7:29 p.m.
    What time is it
    Quoting: OldNYIfan
    Radko Gudas is the only NHL-qualified right-handed defenseman we have under contract for next season, and he's signed for not just 2024-2025 but also the following season, too. So although the first is very nice, we'll be declining that offer. And I have it on good authority that Gudas doesn't want to play for a Canadian team in any event.

Understandable. I think he'd be the best fit next to Nurse other than Larsson who's also expressed not wanting to return to EDM. Nurse hasn't been the same since Larsson left. The Gudas contract would be a perfect fit but admittedly unlikely.
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    Mar. 3 at 7:29 p.m.
    Gudas isn’t available. Henrique is, Carrick is if we don’t just plan on re-signing him (my hope)
    Mar. 3 at 7:31 p.m.
    What time is it
    Quoting: Jded
    Gudas isn’t available. Henrique is, Carrick is if we don’t just plan on re-signing him (my hope)

Definitely wishful thinking!
    Jded liked this.
    Mar. 3 at 7:32 p.m.
    Quoting: SHOWTIME_TTV
    Definitely wishful thinking!

And I totally understand the wish. Prototypical guy I’d want on a playoff run
    SHOWTIME_TTV and GeneralLandro liked this.
    Mar. 3 at 7:33 p.m.
    mokumboi
    May I interest you in a Faulk? He has a playoff ready stache at all times.
    Mar. 3 at 7:39 p.m.
    What time is it
    Quoting: mokumboi
    May I interest you in a Faulk? He has a playoff ready stache at all times.

I like Faulk but his contract would break EDM without moving Campbell. Moving him would cost so much they'd have no assets left to make trades with. Something worth exploring in the summer after potential Campbell buyout.
    mokumboi liked this.
    Mar. 3 at 7:48 p.m.
    mokumboi
    I like Faulk but his contract would break EDM without moving Campbell. Moving him would cost so much they'd have no assets left to make trades with. Something worth exploring in the summer after potential Campbell buyout.

Good info.
    Mar. 3 at 8:34 p.m.
    we love Radio, we aren't trading him

he also doesn't waive for Canada like the fellas already said in here
    OldNYIfan liked this.
    Mar. 3 at 9:08 p.m.
    that doesn’t get Chychrun and Kubalik is a non-factor, but you got a deal for Tarasenko
    athrin liked this.
    Mar. 3 at 9:29 p.m.
    What time is it
    Quoting: GeneralLandro

he also doesn't waive for Canada like the fellas already said in here

So why even bother commenting LOL
    Mar. 3 at 9:31 p.m.
    What time is it
    Quoting: emoprettyboy
    that doesn’t get Chychrun and Kubalik is a non-factor, but you got a deal for Tarasenko

Look at what he went for last year...
    I really don't think this would be far off. Maybe add a condition to 2025 4th, switching to 2026 2nd with Stanley Cup Final appearance.
    Mar. 3 at 9:31 p.m.
    So why even bother commenting LOL

Why be so bitter?

Might want to get off CF is you’re already getting hurt over a comment on a post
    Mar. 3 at 9:34 p.m.
    What time is it
    Why be so bitter?

Might want to get off CF is you’re already getting hurt over a comment on a post

I mean, you're repeating comments. I think you need less CF if you can't help yourself from repeating comments instead of just liking them and moving on with your life.
    Mar. 3 at 9:41 p.m.
    I mean, you're repeating comments. I think you need less CF if you can't help yourself from repeating comments instead of just liking them and moving on with your life.

Except half of what I said wasn’t said and then the other half was me agreeing with the fellas, you’ll figure it out eventually
    Mar. 3 at 9:41 p.m.
    NSH would probably ask that you make the 3rd, EDM's 2024 2nd instead. The combination of Sissons and Carrier is worth more than that package considering NSH's current center depth situation. The only player NSH has left in the system who could replace Sissons is Parssinen, and while he has done well finding his game again in the AHL, I don't think he could truly replace what Sissons brings at least right now.

NSH can do the retention on Carrier without any issue, and Carrier was Ekholm's partner for several years, so while Ekholm and Bouchard have been great, Carrier provides some extra defensive flexibility.
    Mar. 3 at 9:45 p.m.
    Look at what he went for last year...
    I really don't think this would be far off. Maybe add a condition to 2025 4th, switching to 2026 2nd with Stanley Cup Final appearance.

yeah last year he went for 12th overall and two 2nds. in this you’re still getting him for 2 playoffs runs and you’re asking for retention. the offer is a much later 1st, a prospect who was a 2nd rounder, a 4th, a cap dump. this doesn’t give the Sens reason to move Chychrun, they’re not trading him just for the sake of it. Akey is interesting but doesn’t make up for the lower value everywhere else
    Mar. 3 at 9:56 p.m.
    What time is it
    Except half of what I said wasn’t said and then the other half was me agreeing with the fellas, you’ll figure it out eventually

Whatever man. You added nothing to the conversation. Go get your desperate attention from someone else, I'm done with you
    Mar. 3 at 10:09 p.m.
    What time is it
    Quoting: AEcho
    NSH would probably ask that you make the 3rd, EDM's 2024 2nd instead. The combination of Sissons and Carrier is worth more than that package considering NSH's current center depth situation. The only player NSH has left in the system who could replace Sissons is Parssinen, and while he has done well finding his game again in the AHL, I don't think he could truly replace what Sissons brings at least right now.

NSH can do the retention on Carrier without any issue, and Carrier was Ekholm's partner for several years, so while Ekholm and Bouchard have been great, Carrier provides some extra defensive flexibility.

Scissons isn't worth the base package on his own & Carrier's ask is a 2nd with maybe a kicker. Adding the 2nd is too much IMO. I'd be firm on the base + 3rd
    Mar. 3 at 10:24 p.m.
    What time is it
    Quoting: emoprettyboy
    yeah last year he went for 12th overall and two 2nds. in this you’re still getting him for 2 playoffs runs and you’re asking for retention. the offer is a much later 1st, a prospect who was a 2nd rounder, a 4th, a cap dump. this doesn’t give the Sens reason to move Chychrun, they’re not trading him just for the sake of it. Akey is interesting but doesn’t make up for the lower value everywhere else

That's fair. Anything more would have to come out of the fwd prospect pool or as a conditional pick.
    I don't see Ceci as a cap dump btw. EDM wants to upgrade but his contract is fine. Casualty of cap strapped Oilers.
    Mar. 3 at 10:42 p.m.
    That's fair. Anything more would have to come out of the fwd prospect pool or as a conditional pick.
    I don't see Ceci as a cap dump btw. EDM wants to upgrade but his contract is fine. Casualty of cap strapped Oilers.

I suppose it’s more accurately characterized as “cap going the other way”, but the Sens would definitely not give up any positive assets to acquire him
    Mar. 7 at 12:59 a.m.
    Sam Pollock
    Understandable. I think he'd be the best fit next to Nurse other than Larsson who's also expressed not wanting to return to EDM. Nurse hasn't been the same since Larsson left. The Gudas contract would be a perfect fit but admittedly unlikely.

he also doesn't waive for Canada like the fellas already said in here[/quote.

Not that I put Radko Gudas in my top 40 or so defensemen. But You are privileged to play in the NHL. I have no doubt he earned it with his skill, work ethic , and determination. But you have a problem with playing in Canada ? I can't imagine why . A little more media and fan scrutiny? If you play an honest game in Canada you aren't going to be criticized. Maybe you think you will be recognized, and often bothered in Canada because of a little more attention. People got it all wrong . Canadian hockey fans know some players have it in their heads that they just won't find the kind of peace they would playing in the U.S. Because of that it would surprise a great many people that we give hometown players PLENTY of space . Some American players seem to have this attitude also . Get over it . Years ago when Americans Doug Weight , and Bill Guerin played in Edmonton they absolutely loved it . And when asked about their time north of the border to this day , they have nothing but complimentary things to say ......u don't know it till u try it

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll