$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 7
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 6
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$7,750,000$7,750,000
LW, C
RFA
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C, RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
C, LW
RFA
$835,000$835,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000
RD
RFA
$3,150,000$3,150,000
G
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RD
RFA - 1
$1,925,000$1,925,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
RFA
$875,000$875,000
RD
RFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 4 at 7:13 p.m.
V1NnY2
Quoting: BUFF36
Very interesting, I don't know if it I would trade both those guys in that Deal. I would be willing to add different pieces without Krebs.

I’d be curious to see what you want to offer but if it turns into a quantity of pieces instead of quality, the answer would be a definite no
BUFF36 liked this.
Mar. 4 at 7:20 p.m.
V1NnY2
Quoting: jpsnow13
You know you did something wrong when Buffalo fans accept your offer....

8 years of Reinbacher are worth way more than 4 years of Krebs. Not even close.

In this trade, Mitts is the key piece coming over from BUF and not Krebs.. but yes, Reinbacher could end up being more valuable than Mitts. Just as Nazar could become more valuable than Dach…

If this were to happen, I’m thinking BUF might need to add a future piece, but judging from the comments, it seems pretty spot on in terms of fair value
Mar. 4 at 7:25 p.m.
V1NnY2
Quoting: MTLaveragefan
It's fair value... but I'm not sure the habs would pull the trigger on it so soon. IF you look at the pre-draft video, they see him as the prototypical top pairing RHD that help teams win a stanley cup.

Is he really (probably not)? it's too early to tell. but to pass on Michkov, they must have had a good reason.

I agree they were pretty high on him (and are probably still) but players value evolve over time and so far Reinbacher’s stock isn’t trending up.

To me, this only becomes a possibility if the Habs are high on Levshunov and/or Parekh, end up drafting one of them, and they believe their ceiling is higher than Reinbacher.
Mar. 4 at 7:35 p.m.
V1NnY2
Quoting: Subbanator7667
Habs turned down better offers than this for Reinbacher, turned down Michkov, turned down 13th overall 22nd overall and Askarov AND turned down Cutter Gauthier for Reinbacher.

So this isn't particularly close to what they would be willing to accept

The goal here is to find fair value in a trade. At the end of the day, you are right, GMs personal preferences can come into play, but who knows what really is in both GMs mind at any given time..

Players value fluctuate over time. I’m pretty sure NSH doesn’t make that offer today. As for Gauthier, it’s still and will always be a rumor…I think most experts would say Gauthier has a higher ceiling than Reinbacher.

The reason that triggered me to propose this trade is the recent rankings made by a few « experts ». Wheeler has Reinbacher at 25. Hockeywriters have him at 19. Stephane Leroux at 33. And so on..
Mar. 4 at 7:36 p.m.
Quoting: V1NnY2
I’d be curious to see what you want to offer but if it turns into a quantity of pieces instead of quality, the answer would be a definite no

I just don't like giving 2 Centers at once when I am not positive if Kulich or Savoie will be ready. How close do you need the prospect to be, and does he have to be a Center
Mar. 4 at 7:42 p.m.
V1NnY2
Quoting: Joblow
Reinbacher is untouchable unless they received a elite talent in return. That not the case here.

Mitts has virtually the same numbers as Caufield this year and would have been second on the team in points last year by a mile. Is he a true elite/all-star caliber player? No. But is he a young quality top 6 player with decent size? Yes.

I’d be curious to see what you expect as a return in a legitimate offer for Reinbacher.
Mar. 4 at 7:57 p.m.
Mitts has virtually the same numbers as Caufield this year and would have been second on the team in points last year by a mile. Is he a true elite/all-star caliber player? No. But is he a young quality top 6 player with decent size? Yes.

I’d be curious to see what you expect as a return in a legitimate offer for Reinbacher.

Don’t get me wrong, i like Mittlestadt but he isn’t a top tier forward. He would be a nice addition to Mtl roster that for sure but not at the cost of a futur top righthanded defenseman. Buffalo didn’t even received a prospect of that caliber in the Eichel trade.

A late first and Logan Mailloux or Justin Barron would be much more a return to expect. Historically if you look at similar profile player in a similar position then Mittlestadt this is the return. Fiala deal is probably a great start to what the return would look like.
At the time of the trade Faber was a good prospect but he wasn’t a high profile prospect with the 19th overall pick. I think that this is what to expect in a trade for Mittlestadt.
As for Reinbacher, 5th overall pick aren’t traded a year after being traded. Unless you are talking about the top tier players.
V1NnY2 and ricochetii liked this.
Mar. 4 at 8:03 p.m.
V1NnY2
I just don't like giving 2 Centers at once when I am not positive if Kulich or Savoie will be ready. How close do you need the prospect to be, and does he have to be a Center

I think it would have to be 2Cs (prime position for prime position). How about Ostlund?
BUFF36 liked this.
Mar. 4 at 8:09 p.m.
I think it would have to be 2Cs (prime position for prime position). How about Ostlund?

If I was to include Ostlund, I would need a pick back.
Mar. 4 at 8:16 p.m.
V1NnY2
Don’t get me wrong, i like Mittlestadt but he isn’t a top tier forward. He would be a nice addition to Mtl roster that for sure but not at the cost of a futur top righthanded defenseman. Buffalo didn’t even received a prospect of that caliber in the Eichel trade.

A late first and Logan Mailloux or Justin Barron would be much more a return to expect. Historically if you look at similar profile player in a similar position then Mittlestadt this is the return. Fiala deal is probably a great start to what the return would look like.
At the time of the trade Faber was a good prospect but he wasn’t a high profile prospect with the 19th overall pick. I think that this is what to expect in a trade for Mittlestadt.
As for Reinbacher, 5th overall pick aren’t traded a year after being traded. Unless you are talking about the top tier players.

Very valid points here.

It’s funny you mention the Eichel trade as I did look into it before making this trade. Although he didn’t pan out, Krebs was ranked as a top-20 prospect in the league at the time and Tuch was a young top-6 power forward (plus 2 picks).
Here, for a lesser player in Mitts, the cost is virtually a top-30 prospect (since we could say Savard gets Krebs 1 vs 1).

I’d love it if the price was Barron and WPG’s first, but I’d be surprised to see BUF say yes to that (if they do, be my guest, I’d do it in a heartbeat).
Joblow liked this.
Mar. 4 at 8:22 p.m.
V1NnY2
If I was to include Ostlund, I would need a pick back.

In this case, I wouldn’t mind adding anything lower or equal than a 4th
BUFF36 liked this.
Mar. 5 at 8:29 a.m.
Subbanator
The goal here is to find fair value in a trade. At the end of the day, you are right, GMs personal preferences can come into play, but who knows what really is in both GMs mind at any given time..

Players value fluctuate over time. I’m pretty sure NSH doesn’t make that offer today. As for Gauthier, it’s still and will always be a rumor…I think most experts would say Gauthier has a higher ceiling than Reinbacher.

The reason that triggered me to propose this trade is the recent rankings made by a few « experts ». Wheeler has Reinbacher at 25. Hockeywriters have him at 19. Stephane Leroux at 33. And so on..

It's only a fair value trade right now though. And that value is mostly based on Reinbacher taking a step back according to those experts listed. When in reality he hasn't taken a step back, his team has. Reinbacher is playing top minutes pretty much by himself on a Kloten team that is brutal, they're on their third coach of the year, ownership didn't invest anything into the team this off season and he suffered a knee injury early in the season.

So right now this looks like a fair value trade but it's from a short term perspective on Reinbacher
MTLaveragefan liked this.
Mar. 5 at 9:01 a.m.
I post sometimes

To put it in perspective, habs spent the last 7 years since the departure of Markov to try to find a pmd LHD to play with Subban and Weber, Now, we have a TON of LHD, and we don't want to spend another 7 finding a good RHD to pair with our good LHDs.

And because Dman take more time to develop, we can't draft them last or we will miss our window waiting for them. So I think Reinbacher stays and the habs will either pick BPA, or try to acquire one of the yound RFA stud on the market (aka: Necas, Jarvis, Mitts, ect...)

They all have different price, except the habs are not pressured to do any rushed decision as they are soon entering year 3 of the rebuild and are not expected to compete right now.
Mar. 5 at 10:18 a.m.
Very valid points here.

It’s funny you mention the Eichel trade as I did look into it before making this trade. Although he didn’t pan out, Krebs was ranked as a top-20 prospect in the league at the time and Tuch was a young top-6 power forward (plus 2 picks).
Here, for a lesser player in Mitts, the cost is virtually a top-30 prospect (since we could say Savard gets Krebs 1 vs 1).

I’d love it if the price was Barron and WPG’s first, but I’d be surprised to see BUF say yes to that (if they do, be my guest, I’d do it in a heartbeat).

Not sure if Krebs was once viewed as a top 20 prospect. If he was it wasn’t a unanimous ranking amongst the experts.
Tuch was a young established players he was probably the key pieces in this deal.

As for Barron and a first, it all depend of what Buffalo management have in mind for the upcoming future. Buffalo already are committed to Skinner Tuch, Thompson, Cozens. They also have probably the deepest forward prospect pool. At some point they have a decision to make abojt who they want in their top 9. Do they view Mittlestadt as un untouchable or do they want Benson, Peterka, Kulich, Ostlund, Quinn or Rosen to be in their core then Mittlestadt could be use to fix a position of need.
Mar. 5 at 10:23 a.m.

Johansen - Jones

A good trade for both team needs and both selected high. but ya they played a couple of seasons before
Mar. 5 at 1:52 p.m.
Quoting: Jackaille
Johansen - Jones

A good trade for both team needs and both selected high. but ya they played a couple of seasons before

Here if we make a similar deal, it would need to be Jack Quinn vs Rienbacher.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll