Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$950,000$950,000
C
RFA
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$835,000$835,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, RW
RFA - 3
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW, RW
RFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW
UFA - 1
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$420,000$420K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
Logo of the San Jose Sharks
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
LD
RFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
Taxi Squad
$812,500$812,500 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, RW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 11 at 10:56 p.m.
Obviously San Jose, we can find wingers, need centers, also the value just isn't there and both teams probs say no
batman, Rob32sjsharks , Billy316 and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 11 at 11:08 p.m.
Quoting: Letsgosharks
Obviously San Jose, we can find wingers, need centers, also the value just isn't there and both teams probs say no

Sharks easily say no! Two core pieces of our rebuild, for a tiny wing who has a large injury history, and a smaller 3rd pair LD seems absurd
Mar. 11 at 11:29 p.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
MTL doesnt need Smith you're just impatient
We will re-sign Monahan interim until the youth is read.

Kapanen is likely joining Laval with Reinbacher and Engstrom after their play in /playoff tournaments
Kapanen was always a Stellar Faceoff Center strong on Defense but in 2024 he's found his scoring touch with 22 points in the last 21 with time off to play for his national team in between.
Beck is tearing up the OHL he'll be in Laval or MTL next year and Mesar will likely be in Laval after finding his game this year.

Thats just what we got that we drafted high thats turning Pro in the next 6 months.
Thats not including Florian Xhekaj heating up just the same as his brother before his Memorial Cup Final Run
Since moving the Power Forward to Center his games hit another level completely as he's now a true 200ft player who can do it all.
Fighting ? top 5, Goals? top 15 , Points? top 30 and you name it he's a factor there from Hits to Blocked Shots to Faceoffs
Dude still Qualifies for another year as an overager in the OHL too so he could do like his brother jumping straight to the NHL as he's already so massive
habitantlecolon liked this.
Mar. 11 at 11:32 p.m.
The Sharks say no and it’s not close.
Rob32sjsharks , RecycleShark, Klara and 2 others liked this.
Mar. 11 at 11:54 p.m.
RecycleShark
San Jose says no.

Muhk is 6' 4", was picked 20th overall and projects to be P2+
Harris is 5' 11", was picked 71st overall and is P3

Smith is 6', and was picked 4th overall
Caufield is 5' 8" and was picked 15th overall.

With Caufield and Harris you pretty much know what you've got. Smith and Muhk are still develpong and appear to have high ceilings. Could turn out to be much better than Caufield and Harris in the long run.

At best this is a draw, so why do it?
Letsgosharks liked this.
Mar. 12 at 12:16 a.m.
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
Sharks easily say no! Two core pieces of our rebuild, for a tiny wing who has a large injury history, and a smaller 3rd pair LD seems absurd

Large injury history? Beside is shoulder operation Caufield didn’t miss time due to significant injury.
Mar. 12 at 12:42 a.m.
Le patriote
Quoting: RecycleShark
San Jose says no.

Muhk is 6' 4", was picked 20th overall and projects to be P2+
Harris is 5' 11", was picked 71st overall and is P3

Smith is 6', and was picked 4th overall
Caufield is 5' 8" and was picked 15th overall.

With Caufield and Harris you pretty much know what you've got. Smith and Muhk are still develpong and appear to have high ceilings. Could turn out to be much better than Caufield and Harris in the long run.

At best this is a draw, so why do it?

Just asking to see how people react and value players
Mar. 12 at 12:50 a.m.
Le patriote
Quoting: Billy316
MTL doesnt need Smith you're just impatient
We will re-sign Monahan interim until the youth is read.

Kapanen is likely joining Laval with Reinbacher and Engstrom after their play in /playoff tournaments
Kapanen was always a Stellar Faceoff Center strong on Defense but in 2024 he's found his scoring touch with 22 points in the last 21 with time off to play for his national team in between.
Beck is tearing up the OHL he'll be in Laval or MTL next year and Mesar will likely be in Laval after finding his game this year.

Thats just what we got that we drafted high thats turning Pro in the next 6 months.
Thats not including Florian Xhekaj heating up just the same as his brother before his Memorial Cup Final Run
Since moving the Power Forward to Center his games hit another level completely as he's now a true 200ft player who can do it all.
Fighting ? top 5, Goals? top 15 , Points? top 30 and you name it he's a factor there from Hits to Blocked Shots to Faceoffs
Dude still Qualifies for another year as an overager in the OHL too so he could do like his brother jumping straight to the NHL as he's already so massive

I'm gauging how people value Caufield around the league compared to what I read here sometimes. I want to see how a Caufield deal could happen or surprise us if it were ever to happen. It's not against the player nor for a deal, just pure curiosity. So far I've tried B.Tkachuk, Will Smith, Dvorsky, and on another kind of proposal a trade jump between 1st overall and Anaheim 1st + McTavish. Since the point system is still not doing it on CF I'm trying to understand how human bias works in the AGM mode. This helps me to be closer to other's acknowledged values and perspectives.
Rob32sjsharks liked this.
Mar. 12 at 1:16 a.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
Quoting: habitantlecolon
I'm gauging how people value Caufield around the league compared to what I read here sometimes. I want to see how a Caufield deal could happen or surprise us if it were ever to happen. It's not against the player nor for a deal, just pure curiosity. So far I've tried B.Tkachuk, Will Smith, Dvorsky, and on another kind of proposal a trade jump between 1st overall and Anaheim 1st + McTavish. Since the point system is still not doing it on CF I'm trying to understand how human bias works in the AGM mode. This helps me to be closer to other's acknowledged values and perspectives.

Caufields value is still unmeasured by most peoples types of Evaluations
He's had some set backs after entering the league as high as you could get being a top 3 scorer on a SCF push before your even eligible to be a Rookie.
Injuries set him back. Now the Coach is trying to catch him up by forcing him to be more then a 1 dimensional goal scorer.
This time next year people will be begging to acquire him for high prices as i predict he'll have his break out season hitting 30 or 40 goals
He's put in the work, he's not just your typical Offense only scorer and like Suzuki it might take until his 4th year to show the results of your investment.

For this Group they have little faith in what they cant see today.
Even less faith in MTL cause of how our development was 2009-2019 really
But the thing is since then most of our guys have overperformed
Even depth guys did well enough for a Kulak to become a Hutson
But if you asked anyone on here if that was possible they'd say no until it happened
Then they'd claim it was super obvious the whole time lol

There's about 30-40 practical people on here that base their evaluations of trades similar to it that happened in real life.
They're often the most grounded and easiest to debate with and find the true value of a player in the leagues eyes even if they dont want him.
I'd tag some in but they dont seem to like that lol
I can say Old NYI Fan is pretty good and he doesnt mind people asking questions as much as others
You just gotta be willing to listen in your guys debate so you both can learn and he's pretty cool

IMO right now Caufield can get you a 1st and a really good young player like A or A+ grade quality
More if you took a A- or B+ like a Holloway type but i think it would be more about quantity then quality at that point
Not really a big enough return to bother when if we wait we know it'll be more
Mar. 12 at 1:40 a.m.

Very smart and I commend you for doing the research
Mar. 12 at 1:41 a.m.
Caufields value is still unmeasured by most peoples types of Evaluations
He's had some set backs after entering the league as high as you could get being a top 3 scorer on a SCF push before your even eligible to be a Rookie.
Injuries set him back. Now the Coach is trying to catch him up by forcing him to be more then a 1 dimensional goal scorer.
This time next year people will be begging to acquire him for high prices as i predict he'll have his break out season hitting 30 or 40 goals
He's put in the work, he's not just your typical Offense only scorer and like Suzuki it might take until his 4th year to show the results of your investment.

For this Group they have little faith in what they cant see today.
Even less faith in MTL cause of how our development was 2009-2019 really
But the thing is since then most of our guys have overperformed
Even depth guys did well enough for a Kulak to become a Hutson
But if you asked anyone on here if that was possible they'd say no until it happened
Then they'd claim it was super obvious the whole time lol

There's about 30-40 practical people on here that base their evaluations of trades similar to it that happened in real life.
They're often the most grounded and easiest to debate with and find the true value of a player in the leagues eyes even if they dont want him.
I'd tag some in but they dont seem to like that lol
I can say Old NYI Fan is pretty good and he doesnt mind people asking questions as much as others
You just gotta be willing to listen in your guys debate so you both can learn and he's pretty cool

IMO right now Caufield can get you a 1st and a really good young player like A or A+ grade quality
More if you took a A- or B+ like a Holloway type but i think it would be more about quantity then quality at that point
Not really a big enough return to bother when if we wait we know it'll be more

It’s good to be a die hard fan, I seriously doubt your value and prediction but that’s the fun in sports you never truly know.
Billy316 and habitantlecolon liked this.
Mar. 12 at 1:47 a.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
It’s good to be a die hard fan, I seriously doubt your value and prediction but that’s the fun in sports you never truly know.

Its easy to guess at something that will never happen in the end
As i said in my Books Caufield never gets traded
If he leaves , he leaves but i dont think it'll be because we dont want him.

Far as his progress.
I said the same about Suzuki and stuck by it
Here he is a top 5 League Iron Man almost a Point Per Game as MTL's top Center leading one of the NHL's most consistent lines in 2024

I got faith in Caufield and Slafkovsky as well for that very reason
Mar. 12 at 1:57 a.m.
Le patriote
Very smart and I commend you for doing the research

I've seen a few places where guys have made value on salary based on def, read Thibaud Chatel's essay about Goalie, the NL league, and a few other texts from his newsletter but, I can't find anything about the young forward of our era so far because metrics are a thing that as fans we can't measure properly. I've even read about the salary gauge for UFA to ensure my understanding of the UFA market.

We need to chat more about the player than the proposal or at least come up with a counteroffer that can help us come out with a deal. The Community is not as cold as HFboards, but we still lack some kind of common ground to start with and bear the language/philosophy barrier that we have too.
Billy316 and Garak liked this.
Mar. 12 at 2:07 a.m.
Its easy to guess at something that will never happen in the end
As i said in my Books Caufield never gets traded
If he leaves , he leaves but i dont think it'll be because we dont want him.

Far as his progress.
I said the same about Suzuki and stuck by it
Here he is a top 5 League Iron Man almost a Point Per Game as MTL's top Center leading one of the NHL's most consistent lines in 2024

I got faith in Caufield and Slafkovsky as well for that very reason

The people who doubt Slaf are crazy, every big power forward starts out slow in their careers it’s very normal, just look at Byfield
Billy316 and habitantlecolon liked this.
Mar. 12 at 2:10 a.m.
Edited Mar. 12 at 2:20 a.m.
I've seen a few places where guys have made value on salary based on def, read Thibaud Chatel's essay about Goalie, the NL league, and a few other texts from his newsletter but, I can't find anything about the young forward of our era so far because metrics are a thing that as fans we can't measure properly. I've even read about the salary gauge for UFA to ensure my understanding of the UFA market.

We need to chat more about the player than the proposal or at least come up with a counteroffer that can help us come out with a deal. The Community is not as cold as HFboards, but we still lack some kind of common ground to start with and bear the language/philosophy barrier that we have too.

Damn I need to follow you! lol I thought I was fairly intelligent and knowledgeable on here, but you my friend run circles around me with ease! Hope we come across one another more on hear I could learn something from you!!!

From what I know about prospects very few teams ever give up on prospects within the first 3 years of their career/ development, so unless a team is desperate or foolish they tend to hold onto these guys. Which will always screw with value metrics.
For the sharks with Hertl gone Smith is the only thing that even remotely resembles a 1st line C, and Mukhamadulin may not be an elite top line D but he is by far the best prospect with the highest ceiling we have. And Harris and Caufield aren’t players who could replace those things in San Jose, even if the value was reasonable. The other thing to take into account is Our GM and his stance that he wants bigger stronger players with skill and Grit and while Harris and Caufield are skilled they are not big by any means meaning our GM likely hedges towards no regardless if Caufield and Harris poses more value based on metrics.
Billy316, habitantlecolon and Garak liked this.
Mar. 12 at 2:11 a.m.
Jesus Christ Is King
The people who doubt Slaf are crazy, every big power forward starts out slow in their careers it’s very normal, just look at Byfield

Exactly!
They're Young and despite being massive still growing
Gotta give them time to work out a balance and adjust
Its why i wanted us to keep Perry to Mentor Slaf
Show him how to adjust like he had to on the fly straight out the draft
Could you imagine how much further along Slaf coulda been?

That said Monahan this year was big for Slaf
Its so sad to see him do their pre game hand shake by himself in the tunnel
Mar. 12 at 2:23 a.m.
Exactly!
They're Young and despite being massive still growing
Gotta give them time to work out a balance and adjust
Its why i wanted us to keep Perry to Mentor Slaf
Show him how to adjust like he had to on the fly straight out the draft
Could you imagine how much further along Slaf coulda been?

That said Monahan this year was big for Slaf
Its so sad to see him do their pre game hand shake by himself in the tunnel

I felt the same losing Duclair, he took the kids under his belt and 100% bought in to being a mentor, plus he was finally looking healthy after missing most of last year with an Achilles tear! Hope we sign Duke back in the offseason as much as you guys want to resign Monahan
Mar. 12 at 3:25 a.m.
Le patriote
Damn I need to follow you! lol I thought I was fairly intelligent and knowledgeable on here, but you my friend run circles around me with ease! Hope we come across one another more on hear I could learn something from you!!!

From what I know about prospects very few teams ever give up on prospects within the first 3 years of their career/ development, so unless a team is desperate or foolish they tend to hold onto these guys. Which will always screw with value metrics.
For the sharks with Hertl gone Smith is the only thing that even remotely resembles a 1st line C, and Mukhamadulin may not be an elite top line D but he is by far the best prospect with the highest ceiling we have. And Harris and Caufield aren’t players who could replace those things in San Jose, even if the value was reasonable. The other thing to take into account is Our GM and his stance that he wants bigger stronger players with skill and Grit and while Harris and Caufield are skilled they are not big by any means meaning our GM likely hedges towards no regardless if Caufield and Harris poses more value based on metrics.

I'm not the best here nor as intelligent (thanks to Grammarly App or Deepl for translation) but one of the die-hard fans (lol), even a few times I'm the troll of the Habs nation on CF. I can't stand those who are proposal nay-sayers or just babbling about total points or the salary contracts of a player. I want to understand where the player stands in the hierarchy (depth chart) and how he plays in the cycle/mix (on-ice situation) what he can bring to our team or not because to me hockey is a positional/strategy game/sport. So if someone talks about puck possession or line/stop gap /pic plays I will be amazed and listen closely.

Like anyone here I may sometimes fall to bias or fail to understand the AGM, so that's why I counteroffer, ask questions, or try to decipher through reading others how the AGM offers this or that for the OP.

Every once in a while, I do fair AGM or who says no AGM but I'm not even close to @John514 who's more emotionally intelligent than me (yeah I'm a hot temper dude sometimes I lose my mind on details) But I try to open to discussion and ask @Garak on how stubborn how curious I can be! I've even shared a few time hockey essays from University to see if someone else digs deep like me. After 20 years on many forums, reading the rumor mill, or even on the forum part of CF asking for new options or complaining about those new trolling accounts to the modos.

As for the second portion of your message we as Habs fans also want bigger roster players. I agree too on the 3 years spectrum that seems to be an unwritten rule for the prospect players. Mukhamadulin looks like a better Xhekaj maybe minus the fighting skill but I haven't seen him enough (thanks to Sportforecaster and Dobber for landing me a few hints at him). Smith and Eklund will need to have proper vets to teach them the jobs and professionalism in this league so the Sharks can hope for them to top their ceiling. Hope you guys are looking for a real rebuild (5 to 6 years) so you can come as a true powerhouse in the future.

Thx for your answers tonight And see ya!
Garak liked this.
Mar. 12 at 3:57 a.m.
I'm not the best here nor as intelligent (thanks to Grammarly App or Deepl for translation) but one of the die-hard fans (lol), even a few times I'm the troll of the Habs nation on CF. I can't stand those who are proposal nay-sayers or just babbling about total points or the salary contracts of a player. I want to understand where the player stands in the hierarchy (depth chart) and how he plays in the cycle/mix (on-ice situation) what he can bring to our team or not because to me hockey is a positional/strategy game/sport. So if someone talks about puck possession or line/stop gap /pic plays I will be amazed and listen closely.

Like anyone here I may sometimes fall to bias or fail to understand the AGM, so that's why I counteroffer, ask questions, or try to decipher through reading others how the AGM offers this or that for the OP.

Every once in a while, I do fair AGM or who says no AGM but I'm not even close to John514 who's more emotionally intelligent than me (yeah I'm a hot temper dude sometimes I lose my mind on details) But I try to open to discussion and ask Garak on how stubborn how curious I can be! I've even shared a few time hockey essays from University to see if someone else digs deep like me. After 20 years on many forums, reading the rumor mill, or even on the forum part of CF asking for new options or complaining about those new trolling accounts to the modos.

As for the second portion of your message we as Habs fans also want bigger roster players. I agree too on the 3 years spectrum that seems to be an unwritten rule for the prospect players. Mukhamadulin looks like a better Xhekaj maybe minus the fighting skill but I haven't seen him enough (thanks to Sportforecaster and Dobber for landing me a few hints at him). Smith and Eklund will need to have proper vets to teach them the jobs and professionalism in this league so the Sharks can hope for them to top their ceiling. Hope you guys are looking for a real rebuild (5 to 6 years) so you can come as a true powerhouse in the future.

Thx for your answers tonight And see ya!

Thanks as well and as for the 5-6 year rebuild sharks are technically in year 5 (you could say year 4 cause we traded our 1st in 2020) think sharks have 1 1/2 more really bad years ahead then start improving in 25/26 but perennial playoff contender won’t be for a few years at least, the one thing Mike Grier has done well is shed the old bloated contracts (despite the backlash from
Fans that don’t see the bigger picture) and now sharks will have deep pockets in 24 for the first time in I can’t tell you how long, and the best and deepest prospect pool I think they have ever had (though we still need another high level RW, C, RD, & G prospect to round it out) he’s done a good job and this team is now primed to start building!
Mar. 12 at 4:02 a.m.
Le patriote
Thanks as well and as for the 5-6 year rebuild sharks are technically in year 5 (you could say year 4 cause we traded our 1st in 2020) think sharks have 1 1/2 more really bad years ahead then start improving in 25/26 but perennial playoff contender won’t be for a few years at least, the one thing Mike Grier has done well is shed the old bloated contracts (despite the backlash from
Fans that don’t see the bigger picture) and now sharks will have deep pockets in 24 for the first time in I can’t tell you how long, and the best and deepest prospect pool I think they have ever had (though we still need another high level RW, C, RD, & G prospect to round it out) he’s done a good job and this team is now primed to start building!

would be fun to see Celebrini in SJ!
Mar. 12 at 4:17 a.m.
would be fun to see Celebrini in SJ!

I’ll settle for Lindstrom or Levshunov as both are fast and skilled with great size, But Celebrini is this years prize and unlike the 23 draft this year there is a big drop off to number 2 & 3!
Mar. 12 at 5:12 a.m.
Le patriote
I’ll settle for Lindstrom or Levshunov as both are fast and skilled with great size, But Celebrini is this years prize and unlike the 23 draft this year there is a big drop off to number 2 & 3!

I rather say question marks instead of fall or drop. If a team gets Tij Iginla and properly develops him, he could turn out to be the next Brad Marchand. Catton could become a Suzuki lite, Helenius a Lundell type, who knows. This draft is the demographic gap of this generation. Next year drafts 25 and 26 could be the second and third best one of the decade.
Mar. 12 at 8:27 a.m.
ask Garak on how stubborn how curious I can be!

Yeah! Ask me! Ask me! lol.

We all can be stubborn and hot headed and evaluate players with bias. But there is a truth in bias sometimes. Good to see people having intelligent conversation and getting along, though.
Mar. 12 at 8:45 a.m.
Le patriote
Quoting: Garak
Yeah! Ask me! Ask me! lol.

We all can be stubborn and hot headed and evaluate players with bias. But there is a truth in bias sometimes. Good to see people having intelligent conversation and getting along, though.

We always need to ask those sewing the pants of the harmony wink

«Bashir : "I'm sure we'll see each other again."»
Garak liked this.
Mar. 12 at 9:32 a.m.
We always need to ask those sewing the pants of the harmony wink

«Bashir : "I'm sure we'll see each other again."»

Heart Eyes

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options: