SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2023-2024 NHL Discussion Thread #5: The Final Stretch

Apr. 6 at 10:30 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: mv21227
Very ironic that the Sens are so upset about it after what happened with Greig and the Leafs

Although Tkachuk didn’t cross check someone in the face like Rielly did, so not quite as bad. But still funny to see him skate all the way down the ice

If this was beginning of season chucky who lost his temper every 5mins probs would have did something to get suspended

He's been calmer as of late but pretty funny how Karma has come back for the Sens lul
mv21227 and BigBallsBriere liked this.
Apr. 6 at 11:53 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Please Sens fans, defend this one...

Tkachuk raised his hands to the face immediately... Please defend this
Apr. 7 at 12:12 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
On a side note: did Dubas do well on the Guentzel trade?
edeangel84 liked this.
Apr. 7 at 12:48 a.m.
JimmyPaek
Quoting: Leafsfan98
On a side note: did Dubas do well on the Guentzel trade?

Yes
Leafsfan98 liked this.
Apr. 7 at 12:50 a.m.
JimmyPaek
Oh and what’s with Canadian teams and these “codes”? Nico Hischier did absolutely nothing wrong. The Ridly Grieg slapper was a bit goofy but nothing worth cross-checking him in the head over. In nearly 35 years of watching the NHL I’ve never seen players get so easily PO’d over tiny things.
Apr. 7 at 1:01 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: edeangel84
Oh and what’s with Canadian teams and these “codes”? Nico Hischier did absolutely nothing wrong. The Ridly Grieg slapper was a bit goofy but nothing worth cross-checking him in the head over. In nearly 35 years of watching the NHL I’ve never seen players get so easily PO’d over tiny things.

There is an unwritten rule its not just with Canadian teams

Like putting a puck in after a wistle has been blown does lead to a response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVJeqhfRZoU&ab_channel=Jens95

Now going back to this particular situation. There are unwritten rules in hockey for various situations and if u break them your gonna see a response such as TOR vs. OTT and NJ vs. OTT

Every sport has these rules. NBA teams in blowout gamed dont go to score final 30 seconds is a classic example

Why when players shoot for the empty net do they not go crazy with its cause they know to be respectful as doing what Greig did was not a hockey play and was gonna get a response. Did Rielly go a bit to far yes but at the same time Greig learned his lesson. He's just lucky it wasnt another more brutish team with Goons. For Hischer he should have known better not to shoot at the net after the whistle as that always gets a response.

But in OTT case Karma's a **** tears of joy
Apr. 7 at 1:09 a.m.
JimmyPaek
Quoting: aadoyle
There is an unwritten rule its not just with Canadian teams

Like putting a puck in after a wistle has been blown does lead to a response

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xVJeqhfRZoU&ab_channel=Jens95

Now going back to this particular situation. There are unwritten rules in hockey for various situations and if u break them your gonna see a response such as TOR vs. OTT and NJ vs. OTT

Every sport has these rules. NBA teams in blowout gamed dont go to score final 30 seconds is a classic example

Why when players shoot for the empty net do they not go crazy with its cause they know to be respectful as doing what Greig did was not a hockey play and was gonna get a response. Did Rielly go a bit to far yes but at the same time Greig learned his lesson. He's just lucky it wasnt another more brutish team with Goons. For Hischer he should have known better not to shoot at the net after the whistle as that always gets a response.

But in OTT case Karma's a **** tears of joy

I can’t recall ever seeing a player go nuts over something like what Hirschier did. Like I said before the Ridly Grieg thing was goofy and I’m not shocked that ticked off the Leafs but the thing tonight was harmless and not that out of the ordinary.
Apr. 7 at 1:14 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
I can’t recall ever seeing a player go nuts over something like what Hirschier did. Like I said before the Ridly Grieg thing was goofy and I’m not shocked that ticked off the Leafs but the thing tonight was harmless and not that out of the ordinary.

I just showed a video example of examples of the situation and another actually happened this season between Van and PHI where Konecney went after Lafferty for a shot after the whistle

Its a rule amongst the players thats been there for a while but funny how its the first on an EN but its still relevant to the situation

Heck even Crosby responded at an attempt after the whistle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha_nTkDuFqQ&ab_channel=Jens95

Basically its one of those dont do it or else things.

Still funny though it happened to OTT Karma at its best especially since it was on a EN
Apr. 7 at 1:14 a.m.
Amirov Forever
Yes

Carolina wins simply because they’re getting an elite winger. Now to break this down:

Positives: Two young forwards on ELCs who look like they could be in our lineup at some point next season is exactly what we wanted. We didn’t want Dman. We don’t need Dman. We have a ton of money tied up there and limited ice time for a kid. Outside of Yager we have NOTHING up front and these two immediately become the next best forward prospects. I’m uncertain on Chaz Lucius but the numbers don’t look too shabby so far for a college player.

Bad: A conditional 1st? Come on that should have been a no no. We should have a first out of this deal straight up. Bunting also is an overpaid mediocre player that Dubas has some weird thing for. We do not need these “scrappy Leafs”. That crap can stay with Treliving.

Remember when I said Bunting would be great with the Pens and you disagreed? Good times
edeangel84 liked this.
Apr. 7 at 1:19 a.m.
JimmyPaek
I just showed a video example of examples of the situation and another actually happened this season between Van and PHI where Konecney went after Lafferty for a shot after the whistle

Its a rule amongst the players thats been there for a while and I remember it

Heck even Crosby responded at an attempt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha_nTkDuFqQ&ab_channel=Jens95

Basically funny though it happened to OTT Karma at its best especially since it was on a EN

I saw your video and in almost all of those circumstances I get the response. If you shoot a puck at the goalie after the whistle or at another player that’s totally understandable. I think all of those are considerably worse than what Nico did.
Apr. 7 at 1:20 a.m.
JimmyPaek
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Remember when I said Bunting would be great with the Pens and you disagreed? Good times

I’m glad to be wrong.
NorthernLeafsFan05 liked this.
Apr. 7 at 1:20 a.m.
Hakuna Matata
I saw your video and in almost all of those circumstances I get the response. If you shoot a puck at the goalie after the whistle or at another player that’s totally understandable. I think all of those are considerably worse than what Nico did.

Its not really at the goalie its at the net in general that gets players mad. Goalie or not teams do not like the shoot on net after a whistle

Also Landeskog's was on an EN so its basically the comparable even though one still time and other after a game.

Basically its a sign of disrespect and not a hockey play in their eyes, Hischer should have known better but kind of glad he did it as he gave us the gift of Karma for OTT

While I would not recommend he do that again I also thank him.
edeangel84 liked this.
Apr. 7 at 1:25 a.m.
JimmyPaek
Its not at the goalie its at the net in general. Goalie or not teams do not like the shoot on net after a whistle

Also Landeskog's was on an EN so its basically the comparable but pretty funny lul.

Basically its a sign of disrespect and not a hockey play in their eyes, Hischer should have known better but kind of glad he did it as he gave us the gift of Karma for OTT

The Landeskog one was closer to what Grieg did. I get that being a d*** move. Also the reaction from Markstrom to freakin spear a guy who that gentle tap in was way overboard… as bad as Rielly overboard.
Apr. 7 at 2:04 a.m.
Please Sens fans, defend this one...

Tkachuk raised his hands to the face immediately... Please defend this

He didn't cross-check someone in the face. If Reilly has done what Brady did we wouldn't be talking about it
Apr. 7 at 7:55 a.m.
Quoting: Rangsey
He didn't cross-check someone in the face. If Reilly has done what Brady did we wouldn't be talking about it

Tkachuk was red hot, if the refs didn’t solidly grab him, he likely would’ve gone ballistic 😂, what a baby
Apr. 7 at 9:14 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs

Stop it with that... Rielly hit shoulder and it rode up bc Greig was in the process of diving... Tkachuk came straight to the head

And this is during the 60 minute game... Tkachuk's wasn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djegj5qTTGM 0:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1pqSHmMzY 1:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F181mjuEThA 0:05

2 of these 3 are head contacts (number 1 and 3)

Say what you want about Rielly needing to control his stick, etc. Tkachuk needs to control his temper
Apr. 7 at 10:55 a.m.
Stop it with that... Rielly hit shoulder and it rode up bc Greig was in the process of diving... Tkachuk came straight to the head

And this is during the 60 minute game... Tkachuk's wasn't

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djegj5qTTGM 0:42
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QW1pqSHmMzY 1:44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F181mjuEThA 0:05

2 of these 3 are head contacts (number 1 and 3)

Say what you want about Rielly needing to control his stick, etc. Tkachuk needs to control his temper

I'm not defending Brady. I'm just saying your bias is showing. Reilly's response was way more dangerous than Brady's. Two things can be wrong.
Apr. 7 at 11:04 a.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
I'm not defending Brady. I'm just saying your bias is showing. Reilly's response was way more dangerous than Brady's. Two things can be wrong.

I don't think you understood the obvious sarcasm from the original comment...

Both, as individual plays from the situation, are dangerous but both were broken due to an unwritten rule
Apr. 7 at 11:08 a.m.
Respect Mike Grier
Flyers are gonna finish 11th worst, and win draft lottery. #slackinformacklin

i know the future
Apr. 7 at 1:18 p.m.
JimmyPaek
https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/5032819

Well apparently Marcus Pettersson is some bum and Jordan Harris is the next Ray Bourque lol.
Apr. 7 at 1:26 p.m.
JimmyPaek
Quoting: BigBallsBriere
Flyers are gonna finish 11th worst, and win draft lottery. #slackinformacklin

i know the future

Is this all part of Torts evil plan?
Apr. 7 at 1:49 p.m.
WentWughes
It's pretty clear the difference between the Slapshot and the Hischier situation.

What Greig did is totally acceptable. You can score however you want when the time is running. Putting the puck in the net, at the end of any period or dead play shouldn't be allowed. Completely different situations
Apr. 7 at 1:53 p.m.
Respect Mike Grier
Is this all part of Torts evil plan?

he saw Couturier was cooked, so he decided time get my 1C.

just kidding lol
Apr. 7 at 2:14 p.m.
Leafs going to Leafs
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
It's pretty clear the difference between the Slapshot and the Hischier situation.

What Greig did is totally acceptable. You can score however you want when the time is running. Putting the puck in the net, at the end of any period or dead play shouldn't be allowed. Completely different situations

Both are unwritten rules based on respect for the opponent...

You can't attack one then defend the other because of the team who's doing it...
Apr. 7 at 2:30 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS

mmm no

Both are unwritten rules in hockey

What Greig did was not acceptable and was gonna get a response. Nobody till him has done a slapshot into an EN for a reason

But anyways he learned his lesson

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll