RW, LW
UFA
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 2
$11,250,000$11,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RW
RFA - 2
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 1
$910,000$910,000
C
RFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
RFA
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
G
RFA
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD
RFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 16 at 12:58 p.m.
Ullmark is not going to Ottawa. NTC.

Boston is not moving Geekie for cap. He is one of the better values in the league.
BruinsWoahWoah and palhal liked this.
Mar. 16 at 1:07 p.m.
Would probably need to pay to move Forsberg and Geekie, since there wouldn’t be any cap flexibilty here to move guys that have comps available in UFA. Forsberg moreso than Geekie probably
Mar. 16 at 1:08 p.m.
Quoting: Gofnut999

Boston is not moving Geekie for cap. He is one of the better values in the league.

I think there's a better chance then people think that Ottawa isn't on his NTC. Only team we know for certain that was on it is LA, and that was supposedly for "geographic reason", to me that says he wants to stay on the east coast.

And Geekie is fine, he's a good bottom 6 guy to have. If I need to move him to create cap I won't shed a tear though.
BruinsWoahWoah liked this.
Mar. 16 at 1:08 p.m.
Edited Mar. 16 at 2:21 p.m.

Geekie is incredible value and it helps that he is restricted at the end of his current deal - should be under team control for the next 3 years.

Ullmark won't waive for OTT - I imagine the teams who could be in on him that are viable destinations are LA Kings, New Jersey, Detroit, Carolina, Philly, and Chicago.
Gofnut999 liked this.
Mar. 16 at 1:09 p.m.
Quoting: Tbrew
Would probably need to pay to move Forsberg and Geekie, since there wouldn’t be any cap flexibilty here to move guys that have comps available in UFA. Forsberg moreso than Geekie probably

I don't think you need to pay to move Geekie, he's good value at 2mil and is an rfa after next season. Might need to pay to move Forsberg, but I can live with that.
Mar. 16 at 1:13 p.m.
Quoting: dugg133
I think there's a better chance then people think that Ottawa isn't on his NTC. Only team we know for certain that was on it is LA, and that was supposedly for "geographic reason", to me that says he wants to stay on the east coast.

And Geekie is fine, he's a good bottom 6 guy to have. If I need to move him to create cap I won't shed a tear though.

Not sure it was confirmed LA was the team that attempted to make a move for him and was on the NTC list. I feel that could change in the offseason though. Young family... maybe didn't want to move across the country at the deadline. Maybe it gets revisited in the offseason when he has more time to get settled - LA isn't a bad place to be and its a promising team.
Mar. 16 at 1:26 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I can't see Ullmark agreeing to Sens. Seven years for near 30 year old Lindholm. Way too much term.
Mar. 16 at 1:26 p.m.

Rumor is Ullmark blocked a trade to Ottawa in offseason..

Let’s get real:

Ullmark gets to submit a brand new 15 team list and it’s just for 1 year so he can take a little risk.

Put every Pacific division team on the list. Put the remaining Canadian teams. Still have 3.

Add. Col, Zona being the west teams left and Columbus because they are Columbus.

He can remove Vegas, Dallas, Winnipeg, Seattle as they are not going to need or trade for goalie barring an injury and if they did it would just be a few months.

Then he can add NJ, Philly, Det, Wash.

Guess what…he does not get traded unless he is willing, and he isn’t, because there is nobody not on his list that wants or needs him.

There is zero chance Ottawa is not on his list. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Mar. 16 at 1:31 p.m.

Let’s get real:

Ullmark gets to submit a brand new 15 team list and it’s just for 1 year so he can take a little risk.

Put every Pacific division team on the list. Put the remaining Canadian teams. Still have 3.

Add. Col, Zona being the west teams left and Columbus because they are Columbus.

He can remove Vegas, Dallas, Winnipeg, Seattle as they are not going to need or trade for goalie barring an injury and if they did it would just be a few months.

Guess what…he does not get traded unless he is willing, and he isn’t.

Haven't seen that rumor that he vetoes the Sens in the summer and can't find a single article saying that. Can just trade him before July 1 when he submits his new list, not that hard. We know for a fact that the bruins were talking to an east coast team that he wouldn't have needed to waive for at the deadline cause Friedman reported it on 32 Thoughts.
Mar. 16 at 1:45 p.m.
Haven't seen that rumor that he vetoes the Sens in the summer and can't find a single article saying that. Can just trade him before July 1 when he submits his new list, not that hard. We know for a fact that the bruins were talking to an east coast team that he wouldn't have needed to waive for at the deadline cause Friedman reported it on 32 Thoughts.

His list is not going to change that much.

You won’t find any mention of it. Remember that story that came out after the season started about 1 team made a legit offer for Ullmark. There was nothimg more said about it. I have it from someone close to the situation was that it was Ottawa and Ullmark blocked it.

If you go back and look at the time of it , the teams that were in the market fora goalie, had the cap space to take him, and pieces that B’s wanted. Ottawa was about the only team that fit.

Moving Ullmark is not going to be simple. There will be very few options if any and they will have to take less of return than you are expecting. Similar to Hall or Tarasenko, if there is only 1 or 2 teams to work with you are at their mercy and have to decide if it’s worth moving him.
Mar. 16 at 1:47 p.m.

You won’t find any mention of it. Remember that story that came out after the season started about 1 team made a legit offer for Ullmark. There was nothimg more said about it. I have it from someone close to the situation was that it was Ottawa and Ullmark blocked it.

If you go back and look at the time of it , the teams that were in the market fora goalie, had the cap space to take him, and pieces that B’s wanted. Ottawa was about the only team that fit.

Moving Ullmark is not going to be simple. There will be very few options if any and they will have to take less of return than you are expecting. Similar to Hall or Tarasenko, if there is only 1 or 2 teams to work with you are at their mercy and have to decide if it’s worth moving him.

I heard from someone that the deal that fell apart in the summer would've sent Ullmark to the Pens as part of a bigger package that would've gotten their first round pick, and that's why we requested a last minute interview with Oliver Moore at the draft. The deal fell apart, and the Pens re-signed Jarry instead.

No one knows the truth, and end of the day Ullmark knows his days are numbered here. I think there's an equal chance he works with Sweeney to find him a new long term home rather then dragging his feet and forcing Sweeney to keep him and let him walk as a UFA.
Mar. 16 at 1:50 p.m.
Quoting: Tbrew

I'd take Geekie...don't think he would be a dump situation.
Mar. 16 at 1:53 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
I'd take Geekie...don't think he would be a dump situation.

He wouldn't, he's a decent bottom 6 guy and is good value at 2mil. Not a great skater or very good defensively, but his effort is always consistent and his shot is an absolute cannon. He's a good depth scoring option, and still pretty young with RFA control.
NHLfan10506 liked this.
Mar. 16 at 1:56 p.m.

I heard from someone that the deal that fell apart in the summer would've sent Ullmark to the Pens as part of a bigger package that would've gotten their first round pick, and that's why we requested a last minute interview with Oliver Moore at the draft. The deal fell apart, and the Pens re-signed Jarry instead.

No one knows the truth, and end of the day Ullmark knows his days are numbered here. I think there's an equal chance he works with Sweeney to find him a new long term home rather then dragging his feet and forcing Sweeney to keep him and let him walk as a UFA.

Ullmark to Ottawa...that is interesting. I had not seen that. I saw a bunch of LAK...and just assumed it was them.

There were some saying NJD talked to BOS about Ullmark too...but it sounds like those conversations didn't get too far.

And then there was Kevin Weekes' tweet saying CGY, LAK, BOS and NJD are in discussion for possible 3-way trade

(I wanted the 4-way trade...just for the sake of seeing a 4-way trade)
Mar. 16 at 2:09 p.m.
Quoting: NHLfan10506
Ullmark to Ottawa...that is interesting. I had not seen that. I saw a bunch of LAK...and just assumed it was them.

There were some saying NJD talked to BOS about Ullmark too...but it sounds like those conversations didn't get too far.

And then there was Kevin Weekes' tweet saying CGY, LAK, BOS and NJD are in discussion for possible 3-way trade

(I wanted the 4-way trade...just for the sake of seeing a 4-way trade)

Ullmark to Ottawa was before the season started when Boston was trying to clear cap space
NHLfan10506 liked this.
Mar. 16 at 2:26 p.m.

Someone on here heard Detroit was involved . 🤷🏻‍♂️

Regardless, Ullmark is happy in Boston. He was battling depression in Buffalo (not saying Buffalo was the issue) and considered leaving the NHL and returning home to play when his contract ran out. I’m not so sure he is going to be helpful in being moved. You can’t put a value on happiness.

I think you’d have to find a place he’d be willing to go, and they would have to offer an extension that would be hard to say no to. Otherwise he can just wait it out and deal with it in free agency. He’ll be 32 in that offseason. I don’t see teams lining up to give him 5+ years for big $. It will likely be his last contract with term and starter $ so it will be hard to walk away from that , but extending in Boston to be Sways backup is an option as well, likely a slim one, but an option.
Mar. 16 at 3:24 p.m.

Let’s get real:

Guess what…he does not get traded unless he is willing, and he isn’t, because there is nobody not on his list that wants or needs him.

My belief based on reports

1. All west coast teams are on his NMC because of distance away from family

*** (not sure if that is his immediate family in the US or those in Sweden who supposedly visit him quite a bit or both).

2. All Canadian teams are in his NMC because of tax reasons

He craves stability and Boston is easily the most stable situation now, but I seriously doubt he systematically rigs his NMC to take out teams that could offer him more stability and an extension timed to when he’s been the best goalie in the league for the past two years.

Maybe that will be the case, but I would guess his representation would talk him out of it because Boston will NO LONGER offer long term stability compared to other teams. With regards to stability, it might be one of the least stable situations for him if any team is willing to offer an extension

Whether a contract extension opens up the East coast Canadian teams or a team like LA is an open question when it will be the only time where additional stability is added onto the equation.

I love Linus and would be just as happy with him staying for the year at his salary. We have the cap room to keep him unless we get a haul. Trading him for cap relief would be utterly stupid and Sweeney is not stupid.
Mar. 16 at 3:33 p.m.
I don't think you need to pay to move Geekie, he's good value at 2mil and is an rfa after next season. Might need to pay to move Forsberg, but I can live with that.

Geekie might be the best value on the roster next year. He’ll be back and we’ll be happy about it

If a Ullmark for Chychrun deal were happening, my guess is Ottawa makes it a requirement that we take Korpisalo with maybe a $1M in retention

They’d also have to give Ullmark a contract where he is net neutral with money. I’d think LA would be more attractive, but I can see it not being depending on his priority with his family flying over to visit.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll