NYI
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (MIN)
  2. 2026 3rd round pick (COL)
MIN
  1. Lee, Anders ($3,500,000 retained)
NYI
  1. 2025 3rd round pick (OTT)
OTT
  1. Pageau, Jean-Gabriel ($2,500,000 retained)
  2. Wahlstrom, Oliver [RFA Rights]
NYI
    Future Considerations
    CHI
    1. Palmieri, Kyle
    2. 2025 3rd round pick (OTT)
    NYI
    1. Brisson, Brendan
    2. 2024 1st round pick (VGK)
    3. 2025 3rd round pick (SJS)
    NYI
    1. Chychrun, Jakob
    Additional Details:
    Long term deal signed
    OTT
    1. Bolduc, Samuel
    2. 2024 1st round pick (VGK)
    3. 2024 2nd round pick (NYI)
    4. 2025 1st round pick (NYI)
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the MIN
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    Logo of the NYI
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    24$87,500,000$78,160,000$0$137,500$9,340,000
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Iginla or Eiserman, Tij or Cole
    $935,000$935,000
    Logo of the New York Islanders
    $8,500,000$8,500,000
    C
    NTC
    UFA - 7
    $9,150,000$9,150,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 7
    $900,000$900,000
    C
    RFA
    Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
    $925,000$925,000
    C, LW, RW
    RFA - 1
    $870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
    RW
    RFA - 2
    $3,000,000$3,000,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 6
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    C
    UFA - 3
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW
    RFA
    $867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
    LW
    RFA - 2
    $900,000$900,000
    LW, C
    RFA
    $775,000$775,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LW, RW
    UFA
    $787,500$787,500
    RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    Logo of the Ottawa Senators
    $4,600,000$4,600,000
    LD/RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $8,250,000$8,250,000
    G
    NMC
    UFA - 8
    $5,750,000$5,750,000
    LD
    NTC
    UFA - 5
    $6,150,000$6,150,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    G
    NTC
    UFA - 3
    $2,500,000$2,500,000
    LD
    RFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    RD
    NTC
    UFA - 6
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    LD
    UFA
    $775,000$775,000
    RD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Mar. 20 at 11:40 p.m.
    Palms isn't a negative asset in the sense of him costing a pick to dump. He might only get FC but I honestly think we can get a 3rd or 4th for him. Also Mike Riley doesn't get that much
    tm0000 and MattyIce91 liked this.
    Mar. 20 at 11:50 p.m.
    VGKNation702
    Kelly already said we’re making our pick in the Sphere
    MattyIce91 liked this.
    Mar. 21 at 2:08 a.m.
    MNBassman
    STOP with the Lee to Minnesota trades already!!
    Mar. 21 at 6:24 a.m.
    Quoting: FoxYou727
    Palms isn't a negative asset in the sense of him costing a pick to dump. He might only get FC but I honestly think we can get a 3rd or 4th for him. Also Mike Riley doesn't get that much

It definitely won't be CHI then. It costs to dump Palmieri imo and a 5th won't get the deal done. Chicago is loaded with bottom six guys so there really isn't room for him anyways. If you can find a team willing to trade assets for him, have at it. Unfortunately in today's post-Covid NHL, not many teams can afford him.
    Garak and Hawksguy81 liked this.
    Mar. 21 at 7:00 a.m.
    CHI declines. CHI will deal with teams that actually want to pay for their cap dumps, they aren't a dumping ground. General rule of thumb for Kyle Davidson should be to take on contracts that actually bring quality assets into the rebuild. We don't need anymore mid to late round picks. The only way I could see him doing this is if he is confident he can flip him at the deadline for a 2nd or better, but another rule of thumb for KD is that he should not be making trades based on POSSIBLE future transactions. If it's a cap dump you pay for it, if you don't want to pay for it, find another team or keep the contract. I don't care how many goals Palmieri has this year, he will be 34 next year, is very expensive, won't put up those kinds of points on a bottom team, and likely won't garner any interest at the deadline. He has been in decline for years, one year isn't going to change that trajectory, only he can change that trajectory and I wouldn't bet on that happening. So, again, pay for him like a cap dump or find someone else. We aren't handing other teams $5M in cap space for what essentially amounts to nothing.
    JK74, Hawksguy81 and PaulKorea liked this.
    Mar. 21 at 8:53 a.m.
    Quoting: JK74
    It definitely won't be CHI then. It costs to dump Palmieri imo and a 5th won't get the deal done. Chicago is loaded with bottom six guys so there really isn't room for him anyways. If you can find a team willing to trade assets for him, have at it. Unfortunately in today's post-Covid NHL, not many teams can afford him.

It shouldn't be Chicago, but they can probably move him to a non-rebuilding team that misses out on their UFA targets looking for a decent short term option for a mid round pick.
    JK74 liked this.
    Mar. 21 at 8:57 a.m.
    Quoting: Garak
    CHI declines. CHI will deal with teams that actually want to pay for their cap dumps, they aren't a dumping ground. General rule of thumb for Kyle Davidson should be to take on contracts that actually bring quality assets into the rebuild. We don't need anymore mid to late round picks. The only way I could see him doing this is if he is confident he can flip him at the deadline for a 2nd or better, but another rule of thumb for KD is that he should not be making trades based on POSSIBLE future transactions. If it's a cap dump you pay for it, if you don't want to pay for it, find another team or keep the contract. I don't care how many goals Palmieri has this year, he will be 34 next year, is very expensive, won't put up those kinds of points on a bottom team, and likely won't garner any interest at the deadline. He has been in decline for years, one year isn't going to change that trajectory, only he can change that trajectory and I wouldn't bet on that happening. So, again, pay for him like a cap dump or find someone else. We aren't handing other teams $5M in cap space for what essentially amounts to nothing.

Jason Zucker was worth a 6th at the deadline. He had 9 goals when he was traded, and has only had one good season in the last four years. If he's not a negative asset then neither is Palmieri. Chicago doesn't make sense as a destination, but Palms is not a straight cap dump.
    Garak, MattyIce91 and FoxYou727 liked this.
    Mar. 21 at 9:59 a.m.
    Quoting: tm0000
    Jason Zucker was worth a 6th at the deadline. He had 9 goals when he was traded, and has only had one good season in the last four years. If he's not a negative asset then neither is Palmieri. Chicago doesn't make sense as a destination, but Palms is not a straight cap dump.

Palms is a straight cap dump TOO CHI, because CHI are not buyers. Jason Zucker was also coming from a NON-PLAYOFF TEAM that had zero need to move his contract other than for positive value. Also, as you've already stated, Zucker was a DEADLINE RENTAL acquisition. If the Isles are looking to move him before next season starts, that is an entirely different type of transaction.

Conversely, If the Isles are approaching CHI with a trade to create cap space for themselves, that would imply there are no buyers for that given player. So, proposing a trade to CHI implies that HE IS a pure cap dump that no one else will take. IF that is the case, then it is going to cost the Isles to move his contract. Also, it is highly unlikely that ANY TEAM is going to help NYI create cap space without being compensated, especially without retention. This is an obvious and predictable maneuver to create cap space, which any GM will be able to see right through and demand to be compensated, whether that be at a reduced cost than he would be at face value, or as a negative value acquisition.

If he isn't valuable to a team like NYI with cup aspirations, what makes you think another team is going to pay for him? Fit, maybe? Banking on him being better with them than he is with NY? Idk, it's possible. But again, any GM knocking on that door will be looking for a discount. So, maybe the Isles could get a 6th for him, but that would likely have to be at then 2025 trade deadline and likely with retention.

To get CHI to take him over the summer, the possibility of flipping him for a 6th round pick at the 2025 deadline is NOT enough. We would need to be compensated for taking his cap hit, and then anything beyond that is our own business.
    JK74 and PaulKorea liked this.
    Mar. 21 at 10:35 a.m.
    Palms is a straight cap dump TOO CHI, because CHI are not buyers. Jason Zucker was also coming from a NON-PLAYOFF TEAM that had zero need to move his contract other than for positive value. Also, as you've already stated, Zucker was a DEADLINE RENTAL acquisition. If the Isles are looking to move him before next season starts, that is an entirely different type of transaction.

Conversely, If the Isles are approaching CHI with a trade to create cap space for themselves, that would imply there are no buyers for that given player. So, proposing a trade to CHI implies that HE IS a pure cap dump that no one else will take. IF that is the case, then it is going to cost the Isles to move his contract. Also, it is highly unlikely that ANY TEAM is going to help NYI create cap space without being compensated, especially without retention. This is an obvious and predictable maneuver to create cap space, which any GM will be able to see right through and demand to be compensated, whether that be at a reduced cost than he would be at face value, or as a negative value acquisition.

If he isn't valuable to a team like NYI with cup aspirations, what makes you think another team is going to pay for him? Fit, maybe? Banking on him being better with them than he is with NY? Idk, it's possible. But again, any GM knocking on that door will be looking for a discount. So, maybe the Isles could get a 6th for him, but that would likely have to be at then 2025 trade deadline and likely with retention.

To get CHI to take him over the summer, the possibility of flipping him for a 6th round pick at the 2025 deadline is NOT enough. We would need to be compensated for taking his cap hit, and then anything beyond that is our own business.

I agree he makes no sense for Chicago. The Isles may move him because it's obvious that they need to do some retooling of the current roster, but that doesn't mean he's not still a useful player, especially as a one year rental. Palms is likely the odd man out primarily because he probably does have some positive value and would not cost assets to move like some of the other high cap hit guys with multiple years of term left (looking at you Pageau and Lee).
    Garak liked this.
    Mar. 21 at 4:41 p.m.
    Rest is a weapon
    sens accept both
    MattyIce91 liked this.
    Mar. 21 at 5:16 p.m.
    we miss leo k
    The Palmieri dump makes zero sense to me - before we even get to arguing whether it's worth it for the Hawks to take it I think we have to acknowledge that you've cleared more than enough money to keep Palmieri on board for the last year of his deal. There is too much term (and too much talent in goal and on the blueline) for this team to fully tank, so I can't imagine any GM running out a lineup where 5 of your top 12 forwards are rookies - so instead of spending money to move a guy who's pretty consistently been a 20 goal/45 point guy on the island, keep him around and have him set an example for the kids.
    Garak liked this.
    Mar. 22 at 1:35 a.m.
    Quoting: FoxYou727

Fair on Reilly price but its more about filling the cap in case another money deal can be moved to stay cap compliant. I thought about 1.25 or 1.5 but with the projected cap hit here its not a deal breaker for 1 year.
    Mar. 22 at 9:48 a.m.
    Quoting: dannibalcorpse
    The Palmieri dump makes zero sense to me - before we even get to arguing whether it's worth it for the Hawks to take it I think we have to acknowledge that you've cleared more than enough money to keep Palmieri on board for the last year of his deal. There is too much term (and too much talent in goal and on the blueline) for this team to fully tank, so I can't imagine any GM running out a lineup where 5 of your top 12 forwards are rookies - so instead of spending money to move a guy who's pretty consistently been a 20 goal/45 point guy on the island, keep him around and have him set an example for the kids.

That is a great point. I'm just so jaded from being inundated with fans of other teams proposing awful trades to CHI, that I automatically went on the defensive. But, yeah, why would the Isles move him anyway?
    PaulKorea liked this.
    Mar. 23 at 4:39 p.m.
    That is a great point. I'm just so jaded from being inundated with fans of other teams proposing awful trades to CHI, that I automatically went on the defensive. But, yeah, why would the Isles move him anyway?

Too much money due to his inconsistency when he isn't scoring he is a complete defensive liability as well as injury/speed issues he hasnt played a full season in over 8 seasons.
    Garak liked this.
    Mar. 23 at 6:11 p.m.
    Quoting: MattyIce91
    Too much money due to his inconsistency when he isn't scoring he is a complete defensive liability as well as injury/speed issues he hasnt played a full season in over 8 seasons.

I know, but what I'm saying, and what I think Dannibal is saying is, is it really worth the price of dumping him?

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll