Forums/Armchair-GM

Vet C ideas

Created by: Dmaz026
Team: 2024-25 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 22, 2024
Published: Mar. 22, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
What are the prices on these guys, ignore the NMC and stars align and they wave (unlikely im aware)
Trades
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
17$87,500,000$80,581,070$0$2,500,000$6,918,930
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$855,833$855,833
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$7,142,857$7,142,857
C
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 3
$7,100,000$7,100,000
C, LW
UFA - 6
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 1
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$650,000$650K)
LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 5
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$4,425,000$4,425,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,850,000$3,850,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 8
$8,350,000$8,350,000
LD/RD
UFA - 7
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$1,000,000$1M)
G
RFA - 1
$4,285,714$4,285,714
LD
UFA - 6
$3,333,333$3,333,333
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 22 at 12:55 p.m.
None of those teams are rebuilding so it would cost talent off the roster, I would imagine they could have at least some interest in Samuelsson but idk if they would do a 1-for-1 swap.
Mar. 22 at 12:56 p.m.
Wildly different costs. JEE is about as good of contract as you will see in the league for what he brings. Danault could be had, but would probably cost a lot more than you’d like. Bennett could be possibly had on the cheap if Fla resigns the other Sam. Obviously I didn’t put values on this, but just some overarching thoughts.
DangleCat and Dmaz026 liked this.
Mar. 22 at 1:00 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
No chance that Los Angeles trades Phillip Danault. He's the centerpiece (pun intended) of our most consistently productive line and his acquisition is what GM Rob Blake points to whenever someone brings up Pierre-Luc DuBois.
Mar. 22 at 1:25 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
No chance that Los Angeles trades Phillip Danault. He's the centerpiece (pun intended) of our most consistently productive line and his acquisition is what GM Rob Blake points to whenever someone brings up Pierre-Luc DuBois.

Well that certainly doesn’t sound like deflection at all 😐
Mar. 22 at 1:51 p.m.
Ek and Danault are for sure not available.

Bennett is the perfect idea and if he'd extend I would trade a ton for him
Dmaz026 liked this.
Mar. 22 at 2:35 p.m.
The first two are non starters, Bennett wont sign in BUF.

A canes fan posted this a day or two ago and I think they are right on the money: Jokiharju for Jack Drury.
Mar. 24 at 3:05 a.m.
Sabres fan
Quoting: Stadel
The first two are non starters, Bennett wont sign in BUF.

A canes fan posted this a day or two ago and I think they are right on the money: Jokiharju for Jack Drury.

The biggest problem with trading Jokiharju to get Drury is he’s one of only two right handed defenseman on the roster. Not to mention if you take his last name away and consider only what he’s actually done, there’s no logical reason it should cost so much to trade for Jack Drury.
Dmaz026 and gretzkyghosts liked this.
Mar. 24 at 1:13 p.m.
Quoting: Tjm220
The biggest problem with trading Jokiharju to get Drury is he’s one of only two right handed defenseman on the roster. Not to mention if you take his last name away and consider only what he’s actually done, there’s no logical reason it should cost so much to trade for Jack Drury.

And this has famously stopped the Sabres? I think you're overrated Joker and underrating Drury a bit. Hes a solid defensive centre, and on a contending/playoff team, Joker is a good 3rd pair d-man. They clearly dont care about handedness either. Traded the only forward producing this year for a LHD who cant defend.
Mar. 24 at 2:42 p.m.
Sabres fan
And this has famously stopped the Sabres? I think you're overrated Joker and underrating Drury a bit. Hes a solid defensive centre, and on a contending/playoff team, Joker is a good 3rd pair d-man. They clearly dont care about handedness either. Traded the only forward producing this year for a LHD who cant defend.

I think of it this way, Jack Drury is a very good player, but I think you might be overrating him only because of his last name. He’s not his cousin, in fact, they are very few players like him left in the league in the first place. He is a better player than Connor Dewar, but not by as much as you would think. He’s played on a much better team, and has about the same number of points for his career in one less season. Dewar was traded this year for next to nothing. Nothing says we have to overpay (even by a marginal amount) just because a guy is related to a far better former player.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Mar. 24 at 2:48 p.m.
I think of it this way, Jack Drury is a very good player, but I think you might be overrating him only because of his last name. He’s not his cousin, in fact, they are very few players like him left in the league in the first place. He is a better player than Connor Dewar, but not by as much as you would think. He’s played on a much better team, and has about the same number of points for his career in one less season. Dewar was traded this year for next to nothing. Nothing says we have to overpay (even by a marginal amount) just because a guy is related to a far better former player.

I dont actually care about his last name, I was just doing a bit. Drury has 27 pts in 63 games. Dewar has 15 in like 65. Drury also has above average underlying defensive numbers, even relative to his teammates which is important given Carolina's structure.

It's a low risk low reward move, but strictly in terms of wins added Drury is on par with Jokiharju. He's not great, neither is Joker. But both are young and better than Connor Dewar. If the Sabres shopped Jokiharju at the deadline hed get a 2nd rounder. If the canes shop Drury this summer they'll also probably get a 2nd rounder. Neither team wants a draft pick right now, so they'll make this swap instead.
Mar. 24 at 2:59 p.m.
Sabres fan
I dont actually care about his last name, I was just doing a bit. Drury has 27 pts in 63 games. Dewar has 15 in like 65. Drury also has above average underlying defensive numbers, even relative to his teammates which is important given Carolina's structure.

It's a low risk low reward move, but strictly in terms of wins added Drury is on par with Jokiharju. He's not great, neither is Joker. But both are young and better than Connor Dewar. If the Sabres shopped Jokiharju at the deadline hed get a 2nd rounder. If the canes shop Drury this summer they'll also probably get a 2nd rounder. Neither team wants a draft pick right now, so they'll make this swap instead.

I could see the Sabres trying to trade Joker if his contract demands are out of hand. But they would have to replace him if they were to do that. Young right handed defenders, are simply more valuable than lefties, because they’re not easy to come by. He has a lot of experience for his age. If he were the piece that the other team wanted in return for a player the Sabres had to have that would be the reason to trade him. I don’t think you bring Drury in and then sequester him on the fourth line, and I think they don’t want to bump Krebs back down there again either. I find it more likely they would go after a player who fits a fourth line role and won’t be angry when he doesn’t get more playing time because we brought him in here to be a fourth line center.
Mar. 24 at 3:07 p.m.
I could see the Sabres trying to trade Joker if his contract demands are out of hand. But they would have to replace him if they were to do that. Young right handed defenders, are simply more valuable than lefties, because they’re not easy to come by. He has a lot of experience for his age. If he were the piece that the other team wanted in return for a player the Sabres had to have that would be the reason to trade him. I don’t think you bring Drury in and then sequester him on the fourth line, and I think they don’t want to bump Krebs back down there again either. I find it more likely they would go after a player who fits a fourth line role and won’t be angry when he doesn’t get more playing time because we brought him in here to be a fourth line center.

In fairness, in my scenario I assume Krebs gets dealt too separately because I agree that they wouldnt want either to be a 4C. The way I see them doing this is:

Joker for Drury (or drury equivelant)

Krebs + B prospect for someone slightly better than greenway

4C vet who isnt terrible at faceoffs

and potentially if he walks, a girgensons replacement in FA.
Mar. 24 at 3:11 p.m.
Sabres fan
In fairness, in my scenario I assume Krebs gets dealt too separately because I agree that they wouldnt want either to be a 4C. The way I see them doing this is:

Joker for Drury (or drury equivelant)

Krebs + B prospect for someone slightly better than greenway

4C vet who isnt terrible at faceoffs

and potentially if he walks, a girgensons replacement in FA.

I would think if Girgensons were going to walk, he would have been traded at the deadline. Somebody would have wanted him, and we would’ve gladly taken whatever draft pick they were willing to offer, like we did with Okposo. I think he gets another one year deal. I don’t think they want to give up on Krebs unless he is the dealbreaker in a trade they really want to make. Otherwise they probably keep Mittelstadt and move him instead. I would try to make a deal with the Sharks for Sturm and Luke Kunin. You can probably get both without giving up a lot, and they fill needs for this team.
Mar. 24 at 3:18 p.m.
I would think if Girgensons were going to walk, he would have been traded at the deadline. Somebody would have wanted him, and we would’ve gladly taken whatever draft pick they were willing to offer, like we did with Okposo. I think he gets another one year deal. I don’t think they want to give up on Krebs unless he is the dealbreaker in a trade they really want to make. Otherwise they probably keep Mittelstadt and move him instead. I would try to make a deal with the Sharks for Sturm and Luke Kunin. You can probably get both without giving up a lot, and they fill needs for this team.

i mean kunin sucks so he doesnt really fill a need other than he's the quintessential played for granato guy. I think krebs' time is done. most of the fans have turned on him, he didnt really get a fair shake but since the coach isnt going anywhere its clearly not going to work. He's probably the other side of a laughton deal unfortunately.

Thats true on Girgs though I expect him to come back but you never know.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll