SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

Leafs 2023 2024 Season Discussion Part 6 - Nearly Playoffs

Apr. 22 at 8:04 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: Random2152
Yeah.

We needed to trade Mitch last summer. Hes doing it again. Hes compeltely lost out there. No mans land for both goals against. Done nothing of value in either game.

Maybe if we bully him enough he'll waive for Utah

I’m only just tuning into the game but I literally didn’t even notice him in game 1. It just makes too much sense, trading him will free up enough cap space to land a couple top 4 d men and a starting goalie.
Leafsfan98 and Trickster liked this.
Apr. 22 at 8:07 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: aadoyle
We needed to make a few changes they didnt and now they stuck with them

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Like imagine the Kings random TOR could have got for either or both the pending wings

CAR apparently is eyeing a Necas trade and Pesce on this team would have been very interesting

You then go trade the other guy for a more pick based haul to set up for later and with the remaining cap space keep Domi, Bertuzzi, etc

Quoting: Saskleaf
I’m only just tuning into the game but I literally didn’t even notice him in game 1. It just makes too much sense, trading him will free up enough cap space to land a couple top 4 d men and a starting goalie.

Send him to Utah along with Kampf for local boys Crouse, McBain, and Doan. With Mitch's contract up I doubt we could get more
Saskleaf and Trickster liked this.
Apr. 22 at 8:09 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Quoting: Random2152
Send him to Utah along with Kampf for local boys Crouse, McBain, and Doan. With Mitch's contract up I doubt we could get more

We cant trade the only other guy whose scored in this series so far that would be bad.

But in all seriousness despite Reaves I have liked the 4th line

Dewar and Kampf just seem to have nice chemistry. Just wish Willy wasnt hurt so we could have Jarnkrok down there lul

Cause to me Dewar-Kampf-Jarnkrok would be nice to see at least once
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 22 at 8:17 p.m.
Rip
Quoting: aadoyle
Yep and I just hope BOS dont goat anyone else into one

Marchand has that ability and man with some guys on this team with short fuses its a pray moment

Just pls Domi, McCabe, whoever do not take anymore stupid penalties/pull a Kadri

This team just doesn't want to learn
Apr. 22 at 8:22 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Last year we stole Bertuzzi from BOS even though it was for only one year

Can we do Debrusk this summer lul
Apr. 22 at 8:35 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 22 at 8:54 p.m.

If your trading him your taking cap back to make it work for said opposing team. As I dont see TOR wanting futures

Nobody really good is just taking the entire deal and the ones that can probs not in his interested in going list

And then if you trade said player and have a plan to target ABC if u miss em man its gonna get ugly quick

Cause lets say you trade TOR and your plan is Roy, Debrusk, and Talbot and all three sign elsewhere and you traded Marner

Oh boy
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 22 at 8:41 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Other than the Jarnkrok chance man this PP is anemic

The one thing I have liked is Bertuzzi on unit 1.

If we can get Willy back and keep Bertuzzi on unit 1 I think thats when we see magic
Apr. 22 at 8:46 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Yea when I saw that I went it looked a bit high

For **** sakes
Apr. 22 at 8:52 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Now that was a good period

BOS took a too many men penalty

Leafs scored a PP goal

Goalie made saves

And no stupid penalties for us applaud

Play like that in the third and goat Marchand into taking a stupid penalty and were set
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 22 at 8:55 p.m.
Rip

Nah, it will get us an overpriced goalie and 2 older defenceman who are already 29-30. If Marner figures it out, and he looked better tonight, he's not someone you can really trade.
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 22 at 9:00 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Now can we get one more goal to break this streak of not being able to score more than 2 in our last 8

Going with yes if they play like they did the second period
Apr. 22 at 9:04 p.m.
Amirov Forever
Blaming Marner for that Pastrnak goal is crazy, that lands on Benoits shoulders.

Marner is a great player whose given a short leash. He's either forced to be Matthews' personal assistant or carry the load of Tavares and Knies. Under another coaches system, Marner would pot 40 goals.

If we were to trade him (which would be a huge mistake), I actually don't hate @Random2152 's idea. I'd love to get Doan out of Arizona / Utah, big fan of that kid. I think Crouse would be an unmitigated disaster under Keefe though, he seems to struggle with players like that. Unless you are a low maintenance speedy 2 way winger, you won't find success under Keefe. He completely fails to utilize those wildcard players to their strengths. The only teams that make sense for Marner IMO are New Jersey and Utah. Again though, I'd be crushed to see him dealt
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 22 at 9:07 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Edited Apr. 22 at 9:19 p.m.
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05
Blaming Marner for that Pastrnak goal is crazy, that lands on Benoits shoulders.

Marner is a great player whose given a short leash. He's either forced to be Matthews' personal assistant or carry the load of Tavares and Knies. Under another coaches system, Marner would pot 40 goals.

If we were to trade him (which would be a huge mistake), I actually don't hate Random2152 's idea. I'd love to get Doan out of Arizona / Utah, big fan of that kid. I think Crouse would be an unmitigated disaster under Keefe though, he seems to struggle with players like that. Unless you are a low maintenance speedy 2 way winger, you won't find success under Keefe. He completely fails to utilize those wildcard players to their strengths. The only teams that make sense for Marner IMO are New Jersey and Utah. Again though, I'd be crushed to see him dealt

Both Dman blew where they should have been and Marner lost his man I got the picture

Why the Dman are where the forwards should be and why Marner's just skating around is odd
Apr. 22 at 9:07 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: NorthernLeafsFan05

If we were to trade him (which would be a huge mistake), I actually don't hate Random2152 's idea. I'd love to get Doan out of Arizona / Utah, big fan of that kid. I think Crouse would be an unmitigated disaster under Keefe though, he seems to struggle with players like that. Unless you are a low maintenance speedy 2 way winger, you won't find success under Keefe. He completely fails to utilize those wildcard players to their strengths. The only teams that make sense for Marner IMO are New Jersey and Utah. Again though, I'd be crushed to see him dealt

Seems like a Trev kind of trade. 2 big local kids, a good young prospect whos also thr Son of our AGM - the possibility of an all Arizona line.
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 22 at 9:15 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
NVM

Reaves is a genius lul
Apr. 22 at 9:26 p.m.
Go leafs go
Quoting: RipNasty
Nah, it will get us an overpriced goalie and 2 older defenceman who are already 29-30. If Marner figures it out, and he looked better tonight, he's not someone you can really trade.

Yah but it just seems it’s the same stuff year after year lol. And if the big 4 Marner makes the most sense to trade
Apr. 22 at 9:27 p.m.
Go leafs go
Yah but it just seems it’s the same stuff year after year lol. And if the big 4 Marner makes the most sense to trade

Though I agree he’s been a little better tonight, as has the team in general
Apr. 22 at 9:34 p.m.
Hakuna Matata
Though I agree he’s been a little better tonight, as has the team in general

Yep much better all around

Funny enough was gonna go off on Reaves but he big brained for a 4 on 4 lul
Saskleaf liked this.
Apr. 22 at 9:35 p.m.
Go leafs go
Number 70 lol! Hopefully Papi can keep up scoring when it counts
Apr. 22 at 9:36 p.m.