Forums/Armchair-GM

Necas

Created by: BruinsWoahWoah
Team: 2024-25 Boston Bruins
Initial Creation Date: Mar. 28, 2024
Published: Mar. 28, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Whats the cost of Necas? Can the Canes afford to re-sign Guentzel, Jarivs, Pesce, Skjei, Turbo, and Necas?
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
8$7,000,000
8$7,000,000
2$900,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$2,000,000
5$5,000,000
Trades
BOS
  1. Necas, Martin [RFA Rights]
CAR
  1. Geekie, Morgan
  2. Lysell, Fabian
  3. 2025 1st round pick (BOS)
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the BOS
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$87,700,000$85,890,834$50,000$330,000$1,809,166
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
RFA
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$4,750,000$4,750,000
C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$11,250,000$11,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$6,125,000$6,125,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
C, RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
UFA
$2,300,000$2,300,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$870,000$870,000 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
C
RFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, RW
UFA
$900,000$900,000
C, LW
RFA
$925,000$925,000
C
RFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RW
UFA - 1
$787,500$787,500
LW, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD
RFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
$7,000,000$7,000,000
G
RFA
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD
NTC, NMC
UFA - 6
$4,100,000$4,100,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 28 at 8:34 p.m.
With the Canes not looking to rebuild you’d think they wouldn’t look towards picks and prospects but likely a roster player.

Could see a swap of Carlo for Necas if Pesce doesn’t re-sign but other than that I don’t think there’s much Boston has to offer
Mar. 28 at 8:38 p.m.
On the Rod Meal Plan
They likely cannot resign all of those players mentioned. Pesce, Skjei, Turbo, and maybe Guentzel will likely not be back, and then there is plenty of space to sign Necas.

As for the trade, The Canes have plenty of bottom 6 centers, and as much as I liked Geekie in a Canes uniform that's all I think he'll ever be. Lysell and the 1st are good pieces, but I don't think they are the right pieces that Carolina would be looking for. If they are going to be shipping out a top 6 forward, they really should be getting one back in return. Alternatively, I could see Carlo being of interest for the Canes, but I don't know how that trade would look - who adds or if it would even work at all.
tupty liked this.
Mar. 28 at 8:50 p.m.
fromtherivertothesea
Quoting: Huge_Caniac_Abe_Lincoln
They likely cannot resign all of those players mentioned. Pesce, Skjei, Turbo, and maybe Guentzel will likely not be back, and then there is plenty of space to sign Necas.

As for the trade, The Canes have plenty of bottom 6 centers, and as much as I liked Geekie in a Canes uniform that's all I think he'll ever be. Lysell and the 1st are good pieces, but I don't think they are the right pieces that Carolina would be looking for. If they are going to be shipping out a top 6 forward, they really should be getting one back in return. Alternatively, I could see Carlo being of interest for the Canes, but I don't know how that trade would look - who adds or if it would even work at all.

Not signing any of Guentzel Teravainen Pesce Skjei would be a monumental mistake. Nikishin isn’t coming in NA anytime soon, Nadeau isn’t ready. Unger Sorum and Blake are the only ones who could crack the roster with Morrow 100% making it.

Guentzel 6x9M( just look at his overall impact you NEED to bring him back )

Jarvis 2x4.75M ( High Money Bridge )

Necas 8x7M ( Boldy Comp )

Skjei 5x5.75M.

Let Teravainen and Pesce walk. Try to buy out KK to save 4M if necessary. And maybe bring back Martinook/Noesen if they are asking reasonable money.
seanrushton liked this.
Mar. 28 at 9:05 p.m.
Good nerd
I don't like moving assets for Necas, at least when you are bringing back DeBrusk.

Two problems: (1) the Bruins basically have very little in terms of prospects and draft picks, and trading multiple of them away makes that problem worse. It is setting us up for a full rebuild in a few years. Use the cap space and sign UFAs with the idea that we are still in a retool, so we don't need a perfect roster entering next year. (2) Necas isn't a true goal scorer, nor is DeBrusk, and Marchand's production will dry up sometime in the next few years (assuming he re-signs when he is done). Where will the goal scoring come from other than Pasta?
Mar. 28 at 9:14 p.m.
Canes pass. Looking for an roster upgrade
Mar. 28 at 9:36 p.m.
Why not just pursue Guentzel and/or Skjei in free agency?
tupty liked this.
Mar. 28 at 11:01 p.m.
Quoting: batman
Not signing any of Guentzel Teravainen Pesce Skjei would be a monumental mistake. Nikishin isn’t coming in NA anytime soon, Nadeau isn’t ready. Unger Sorum and Blake are the only ones who could crack the roster with Morrow 100% making it.

Guentzel 6x9M( just look at his overall impact you NEED to bring him back )

Jarvis 2x4.75M ( High Money Bridge )

Necas 8x7M ( Boldy Comp )

Skjei 5x5.75M.

Let Teravainen and Pesce walk. Try to buy out KK to save 4M if necessary. And maybe bring back Martinook/Noesen if they are asking reasonable money.

I think $4.75m is a little low for a guy who is about to hit 30 goals.

Buying out KK makes a lot of sense and I think that they could find some cheap depth pretty easily if they move on from Noesen.
batman and BruinsWoahWoah liked this.
Mar. 29 at 7:59 a.m.
You don't have the future pieces to interest Carolina in Boston, so the only way I can see this happening is if Necas is in a package (let me emphasize this because Ottawa fans didn't seem to understand this, in a PACKAGE, meaning Necas +) for something like Pastrnak. Otherwise, there's nothing here interesting
Mar. 29 at 9:27 a.m.
Quoting: Caniac2000
You don't have the future pieces to interest Carolina in Boston, so the only way I can see this happening is if Necas is in a package (let me emphasize this because Ottawa fans didn't seem to understand this, in a PACKAGE, meaning Necas +) for something like Pastrnak. Otherwise, there's nothing here interesting

I agree with the premise that Boston wouldn’t willingly trade the players necessary to secure Necas. The nothing interesting is a fascinating commentary and suggests that you are overrating your goalie tandem. Getting Andersen back helps, but Kochetkov is basically a negative goalie when looking at GSAx (his personality is entertaining though). Looking forward to seeing if that will be your Achilles heel in the playoffs. I expect it will, but bad goalies can get hot for a stretch of time

If Boston offered Swayman, I believe Waddell would seriously consider it, I don’t believe Boston will, so it is irrelevant. They’ll be able to sign any free agent forward they want cap wise and they should be an attractive option to go to,

I’m curious to see how Carolina manages free agency and pending RFA’s. I’ve been a fan of Waddell since I was a season ticket holder for the San Diego Gulls and he convinced Mike Dunham to come there. There isn’t a GM I’d rather have than him if I were a Carolina fan.
Mar. 29 at 9:30 a.m.
Quoting: Celtics21
I agree with the premise that Boston wouldn’t willingly trade the players necessary to secure Necas. The nothing interesting is a fascinating commentary and suggests that you are overrating your goalie tandem. Getting Andersen back helps, but Kochetkov is basically a negative goalie when looking at GSAx (his personality is entertaining though).

If Boston offered Swayman, I believe Waddell would seriously consider it, I don’t believe Boston will, so it is irrelevant. They’ll be able to sign any free agent forward they want cap wise and they should be an attractive option to go to,

I’m curious to see how Carolina manages free agency and pending FA. I’ve been a fan of Waddell since I was a season ticket holder for the San Diego Gulls and he convinced Mike Dunham to come there. There isn’t a GM I’d rather have than him if I were a Carolina fan.

Kochetkov's streaky, but he's also only 24. When he's good, he'll win games on his own. Plus, Andersen has destroyed worlds since coming back. I'd like Swayman in Carolina, but not at the cost of Necas. Goaltenders do not have enough value to net 70+ point wingers. Especially goaltenders that, while looing promising, have never taken a true starting job.
Mar. 29 at 9:43 a.m.
Kochetkov's streaky, but he's also only 24. When he's good, he'll win games on his own. Plus, Andersen has destroyed worlds since coming back. I'd like Swayman in Carolina, but not at the cost of Necas. Goaltenders do not have enough value to net 70+ point wingers. Especially goaltenders that, while looing promising, have never taken a true starting job.

When I’ve watched him, I’ve thought Kochetkov is an athletic goaltender who badly needs a good goaltender coach. Right now, I’d label him as a bad goaltender with tools. Entertaining personality and young with potential to develop, but not very good right now

Andersen is what he is. I respect him and appreciate what he’s come back from. He is a streaky player and perfectly capable of getting on a heater, but also perfectly capable of being the primary reason you lose. Over the course of the playoffs, curious to see which one he is.

I’d rather have Swayman than Necas and believe that if Boston wants, they could just sign Guentzel. I don’t believe that’s the direction they go, but he’d be a good fit and I don’t pay the premium required to trade for Necas vs signing Guentzel or someone like him outright.
Mar. 29 at 9:47 a.m.
When I’ve watched him, I’ve thought Kochetkov is an athletic goaltender who badly needs a good goaltender coach. Right now, I’d label him as a bad goaltender with tools. Entertaining personality and young with potential to develop, but not very good right now

Andersen is what he is. I respect him and appreciate what he’s come back from. He is a streaky player and perfectly capable of getting on a heater, but also perfectly capable of being the primary reason you lose. Over the course of the playoffs, curious to see which one he is.

I’d rather have Swayman than Necas and believe that if Boston wants, they could just sign Guentzel. I don’t believe that’s the direction they go, but he’d be a good fit and I don’t pay the premium required to trade for Necas vs signing Guentzel or someone like him outright.

Kochetkov's been elite recently, what are you talking about? Since December, he's got a .923 sv% and a 8.25 GSAx... bad goaltender? How? Necas is the more valuable player between him and Swayman. Carolina can sign Guentzel, Necas AND Jarvis and leave Boston with nothing up front. You cannot rely on free agency, especially when the player you want in free agency to increase your leverage in a deal like this is currently playing for the team with the player you want to trade with.
Mar. 29 at 9:57 a.m.
Edited Mar. 29 at 10:04 a.m.
Kochetkov's been elite recently, what are you talking about? Since December, he's got a .923 sv% and a 8.25 GSAx... bad goaltender? How? Necas is the more valuable player between him and Swayman. Carolina can sign Guentzel, Necas AND Jarvis and leave Boston with nothing up front. You cannot rely on free agency, especially when the player you want in free agency to increase your leverage in a deal like this is currently playing for the team with the player you want to trade with.

His GSax is below zero for the year. I haven’t watched as much of him as you have, but when I’ve watched him … I’ve seen mediocre play and that’s backed up by his stats over the year. Maybe it is sample dependent though I believe stretches of play tend to even out.

Do you think Carolina is in a cap position to sign Guentzel, Skjei, Pesce, and your other pending restricted free agents? I’m kind of hoping that Skjei goes elsewhere because he’s a pest to play against. I am anticipating that you will have to make some tough decisions if you want to keep Jake.

I’m comfortable that Boston will secure a top free agent forward if that’s what they choose to do. There are going to be quite a few of them on the market and while fans of trying to trade pending free agents talk about how players never make it to free agency … most pending FA’s do make it and Boston will have cap space, opportunity, and winning to sell.

RFA’s are a different story . You should get a boatload for Necas if you trade him. You believe he’s worth more than Swayman. I don’t. It’s an opinion either way.
Mar. 29 at 10:16 a.m.
His GSax is below zero for the year. I haven’t watched as much of him as you have, but when I’ve watched him … I’ve seen mediocre play and that’s backed up by his stats over the year. Maybe it is sample dependent though I believe stretches of play tend to even out.

Do you think Carolina is in a cap position to sign Guentzel, Skjei, Pesce, and your other pending restricted free agents? I’m kind of hoping that Skjei goes elsewhere because he’s a pest to play against. I am anticipating that you will have to make some tough decisions if you want to keep Jake.

I’m comfortable that Boston will secure a top free agent forward if that’s what they choose to do. There are going to be quite a few of them on the market and while fans of trying to trade pending free agents talk about how players never make it to free agency … most pending FA’s do make it and Boston will have cap space, opportunity, and winning to sell.

RFA’s are a different story . You should get a boatload for Necas if you trade him. You believe he’s worth more than Swayman. I don’t. It’s an opinion either way.

Why would they sign Skjei? They have Orlov. They can sign everyone else. Everyone else they can bring back. Kochetkov's very good when he's on, its when he's off that he's unusable. Once again, he's been dominant since the turn of the year
Mar. 29 at 10:20 a.m.
Bcarlo25
this trade just doesn't make any sense for either side, and the contract doesn't make sense for necas.
Mar. 29 at 10:49 a.m.
Why would they sign Skjei? They have Orlov. They can sign everyone else. Everyone else they can bring back. Kochetkov's very good when he's on, its when he's off that he's unusable. Once again, he's been dominant since the turn of the year

I am hopeful that Carolina let’s go of Skjei. He’s a lot more important to that defensive structure than I think he’s being given credit for, but Orlov as a one year flyer isn’t bad and I do like Morrow a great deal. Looking forward to seeing what your KHL defenseman does here.

My belief is that Necas will be asking in the 8.5m to 9.5M range for a long term contract.

We’ll see where you are at on the goaltender position in the offseason. Either way. Fully anticipate Boston to acquire a top forward in free agency.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll