Initial Creation Date: Apr. 2, 2024
Published: Apr. 2, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Free Agent Signings
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,500,000
Trades
PHI
    Frost- Shows flashes of brilliance but can't put it all together. Torts always complains about his play away from the puck. Last nights fumble in OT was icing on the cake. Also plays "soft". Still a valuable change of scenery guy for the flyers in a trade, I think they move him.
    Atkinson- he's done, shows nothing most games you don't even notice him, he will either retire or they will bury the contract in the minors. With one year left doesn't make sense to buy him out.
    Johansen- injured so I don't know, but if the flyers can move him they will retain half and do it. if not he's dead cap space buried in the minors.
    Laughton- still well loved by upper management and torts but I think they finally give in at the draft and take picks for him or a young reclamation project. I think he fetches a very late first or early second rounder, plus a prospect.
    Risto- many teams have called on him according to good sources. I think the flyers move him at the draft and retain 1.5 mil or so.
    ANA
    1. Atkinson, Cam
    2. Frost, Morgan
    3. Johansen, Ryan
    4. Laughton, Scott
    5. Ristolainen, Rasmus
    Additional Details:
    These guys are more than likely to move IMO.
    PHI
      Brink- In and out of the lineup, has looked great at times, but flyers are extremely deep at RW. I think its possible they use him in a trade to upgrade a need now at C or D. Has a ton of upside but Torts views Foerster in a higher regard.
      Ginning- Looked great in the games he played, but writing is on the wall for him that without injury he probably won't get in the line up here. I think he walks.
      Zamula- could be a decent trade chip. Has mostly looked reliable this year but I think they may move him.
      Farabee- 50/50 chance he's moved imo, torts comments last night seem to group him in with the lack of ice time, his play has dropped off. Could be one of the best trade chips the flyers have still at his age and contract.
      Deslauriers- Flyers love toughness but for the right deal I could see him being moved.
      Cates- play dropped off this year, I think he could be moved depending on what another team sees in him.
      ANA
      1. Brink, Bobby [RFA Rights]
      2. Cates, Noah
      3. Deslauriers, Nicolas
      4. Farabee, Joel
      5. Ginning, Adam [RFA Rights]
      6. Zamula, Yegor [RFA Rights]
      Additional Details:
      These guys could possibly be on the move.
      PHI
        I could see Coots asking for a trade but grouped him below as he's the only one I see as unmovable given his long contract, injury history and NTC. I think only way he's moved is if he asks.
        ANA
        1. Couturier, Sean
        Additional Details:
        Could ask for a trade
        PHI
          For the most part Torts loves this group, I don't think there's anyway any of these guys get moved unless they ask for a trade or become part of a deal the flyers cannot refuse.
          Buyouts
          Retained Salary Transactions
          Buried
          DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the FLA
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the CBJ
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the LAK
          Logo of the VGK
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the STL
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the COL
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the ANA
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the CAR
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the PHI
          Logo of the PHI
          ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
          10$87,700,000$24,878,094$245,000$407,500$62,821,906
          Left WingCentreRight Wing
          Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
          Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
          $1,500,000$1,500,000
          G
          UFA - 2
          $925,000$925,000
          G
          RFA - 2
          ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
          $860,000$860,000
          RW
          RFA - 2
          $6,250,000$6,250,000
          RD
          UFA - 3
          $913,333$913,333 (Performance Bonus$80,000$80K)
          C
          RFA - 3
          $830,833$830,833 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
          RW
          RFA - 2
          $787,500$787,500
          RW
          RFA - 1
          $950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
          RD
          RFA - 2
          $903,333$903,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
          LD
          RFA - 2
          $800,000$800,000
          C
          RFA - 2
          $825,000$825,000 (Performance Bonus$12,500$12K)
          C, LW
          RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
          • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
          Apr. 2 at 1:58 p.m.
          Future Ducks legend
          I'd be interested in seeing Risto in Anaheim Orange, for the right acquisition price. We wouldn't need any retention which may be more appealing to Philly even at a lower return.
          OldNYIfan and vinny82 liked this.
          Apr. 2 at 2:03 p.m.
          Once a Kings Fan Too
          Thanks for the survey!
          Apr. 2 at 2:04 p.m.
          Frost isn't going to be moved. He is the only young center on this team with potential to be something else than a bottom 6 guy, they are not moving him.

Chance of Farabee being moved is absolutely not 50/50. Despite what torts said he is still a good young player on a good long-term contract. Flyers LW is already weak and Farabee is the only top 6 Left handed winger on the team.

The rest I can agree with.
          johum7 liked this.
          Apr. 2 at 2:10 p.m.
          Quoting: GiggywithGibby
          I'd be interested in seeing Risto in Anaheim Orange, for the right acquisition price. We wouldn't need any retention which may be more appealing to Philly even at a lower return.

Why? What do you find interesting about him in Anaheim.
          Apr. 2 at 2:18 p.m.
          Greb

What would Anaheim be willing to give up?
          Apr. 2 at 2:37 p.m.
          Future Ducks legend
          Quoting: Roperttos
          Why? What do you find interesting about him in Anaheim.

His defensive game has improved markably in Philly, it went from a weakness to a strength, at least in the advanced stats category.

Size and the ability to skate 20 minutes a night helps too, would be a good 2nd line defensive D for one of our youngsters.

Yeah, he's overpaid for what he brings, but that's not an issue in Anaheim for the duration of his contract.

Quoting: Grebby14
          What would Anaheim be willing to give up?

I dunno, Boston 2nd and a B prospect, maybe Helleson to resupply RHD. Certainly not what you paid for him, but you also paid for a top pairing all around D, and paid him as such contract wise, and he's a 2nd line guy with minimal offense left.
          Grebby14 liked this.
          Apr. 2 at 2:45 p.m.
          Greb
          His defensive game has improved markably in Philly, it went from a weakness to a strength, at least in the advanced stats category.

Size and the ability to skate 20 minutes a night helps too, would be a good 2nd line defensive D for one of our youngsters.

Yeah, he's overpaid for what he brings, but that's not an issue in Anaheim for the duration of his contract.

I dunno, Boston 2nd and a B prospect, maybe Helleson to resupply RHD. Certainly not what you paid for him, but you also paid for a top pairing all around D, and paid him as such contract wise, and he's a 2nd line guy with minimal offense left.

Agreed. I’d take that.
          Apr. 2 at 3:31 p.m.
          Get the feeling Cates will be a Sabre on draft day. Idk what goes the other way though, just seems like a guy they'd target.
          Apr. 2 at 4:25 p.m.
          Quoting: Roperttos
          Frost isn't going to be moved. He is the only young center on this team with potential to be something else than a bottom 6 guy, they are not moving him.

Chance of Farabee being moved is absolutely not 50/50. Despite what torts said he is still a good young player on a good long-term contract. Flyers LW is already weak and Farabee is the only top 6 Left handed winger on the team.

The rest I can agree with.

Im super high on Farabee and I agree with you they aren't super deep at LW, but if he's the center piece of getting a potential 1C I see them parting ways. They recently have been playing Foerster on the left side as well.
          Apr. 2 at 4:36 p.m.

I must be dreaming. Non Flyers fan who understands that Ristolainen is a lot better than his reputation.

And I'm sure no one is expecting same kind of return what we paid for him. And everyone also knows that he's not worth his current cap hit, but ~3,5M would be closer.

And your suggestion about Boston 2nd + Helleson w/o retention on Risto could and maybe should be something Flyers would accept if they're about to move him.
          Apr. 2 at 4:43 p.m.
          Quoting: Ujeje
          I must be dreaming. Non Flyers fan who understands that Ristolainen is a lot better than his reputation.

And I'm sure no one is expecting same kind of return what we paid for him. And everyone also knows that he's not worth his current cap hit, but ~3,5M would be closer.

And your suggestion about Boston 2nd + Helleson w/o retention on Risto could and maybe should be something Flyers would accept if they're about to move him.

Risto has played really well this year when he wasn't hurt. I think he still has positive value if they retain. I wouldn't even be mad if the flyers kept him, Torts seems to like his game, just not sure how the front office feels about him or the contract.
          Apr. 2 at 5:16 p.m.
          Future Ducks legend
          Quoting: Ujeje

He's never going to not get dragged for what Philly paid for him, and then paid him. I think Buffalo completely mishandled him and branded him as this unicorn D that Philly's GM bought into to acquire, but simple fact is he was asked to do way to much for a long time.

He's never going to be good enough to justify that cost, but that doesn't mean he isn't a useful player.

To create a post please Login or Register
          Question:
          Options:
          Add Option
          Submit Poll