$7,000,000$7,000,000
RW
UFA - 6
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$1,100,000$1,100,000
LW
UFA - 2
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,250,000$3M)
C
RFA - 2
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 3
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$412,500$412K)
LW
RFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, LW
RFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$6,500,000$6,500,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,400,000$6,400,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$918,333$918,333 (Performance Bonus$800,000$800K)
LD
RFA - 2
$812,500$812,500
G
RFA - 1
$844,167$844,167
LD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 4 at 12:42 a.m.
mokumboi
Definitely super mega not. And I'm not at all sure why the Blues would need to add here, let alone an A- prospect who just graduated to the NHL.
Apr. 4 at 1:09 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: mokumboi
Definitely super mega not. And I'm not at all sure why the Blues would need to add here, let alone an A- prospect who just graduated to the NHL.

Which one is the A- prospect who just graduated to the NHL?
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 4 at 1:23 a.m.
mokumboi
Edited Apr. 4 at 1:48 a.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
Which one is the A- prospect who just graduated to the NHL?

Just to be clear, I'm not saying that I have decided Bolduc's an A- prospect. I'm going off how he has been and is rated by the various prospect pundits. To be fair, his ranking has varied widely on occasion, with a couple weirdly higher and a couple rudely lower, but most places have him between 70-80 in the group with like Kemell and Bystedt and Stenberg and Casey and Bourque and Honzek, guys like that. He's pretty much been steady A- since being drafted, hasn't changed much at all.

And I'm not sure if you've seen him much or not, so... he's a clever little sh** in the O zone but very responsible 200 ft (dude almost never misses on a zone exit attempt). His best attribute is his wicked shot, he skates well, makes good decisions with the puck, currently has a 10-3 takeaway/giveaway split in 18 NHL games. There's not much to dislike about him, and his floor is pretty high. If he turns into a solid 2nd line LW and PP weapon, it will be about right, I think.
Apr. 4 at 4:05 a.m.
Edited Apr. 4 at 12:13 p.m.
Just to be clear, I'm not saying that I have decided Bolduc's an A- prospect. I'm going off how he has been and is rated by the various prospect pundits. To be fair, his ranking has varied widely on occasion, with a couple weirdly higher and a couple rudely lower, but most places have him between 70-80 in the group with like Kemell and Bystedt and Stenberg and Casey and Bourque and Honzek, guys like that. He's pretty much been steady A- since being drafted, hasn't changed much at all.

And I'm not sure if you've seen him much or not, so... he's a clever little sh** in the O zone but very responsible 200 ft (dude almost never misses on a zone exit attempt). His best attribute is his wicked shot, he skates well, makes good decisions with the puck, currently has a 10-3 takeaway/giveaway split in 18 NHL games. There's not much to dislike about him, and his floor is pretty high. If he turns into a solid 2nd line LW and PP weapon, it will be about right, I think.

At Bolduc’s age Zegras had his first of back-to-back 60+ point NHL seasons. Bolduc has managed 18 games with a whopping 4 points, and hasn’t cracked .5pt/g in the AHL. Snuggerud looks great, and ANA should’ve snagged him when they had the chance instead of reaching on Gaucher. Unless ANA is insanely confident in Snuggerud, there’s no reason to even consider this. Even then, I just dont see why it’d be worth the risk. Keep Zegras as a lock in the top 6 at either LW or C to provide offense and creativity that ANA desperately needs more, not less of
Apr. 4 at 9:10 a.m.
Yeah don't really seeing the blues targeting Zegras. Zegras is a good offensive player but from what i've heard and read is that he is weak defensively. Don't think the blues want another Kyrou type player who they will have to pay big bucks in the future.
Goose1227 liked this.
Apr. 4 at 9:37 a.m.
Xercuses
Quoting: Tennisman142
Yeah don't really seeing the blues targeting Zegras. Zegras is a good offensive player but from what i've heard and read is that he is weak defensively. Don't think the blues want another Kyrou type player who they will have to pay big bucks in the future.

Weak defensively.......Dont want another Kyrou type......... Those two things do not go hand in hand, in fact Kyrou has been great defensively
mokumboi liked this.
Apr. 4 at 11:01 a.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: Jded
At Bolfuc’s age Zegras was en route to his first of back-to-back 60+ point seasons.

At Bolduc’s age Zegras had his first of back-to-back 60+ point NHL seasons. Bolduc has managed 18 games with a whopping 4 points, and hasn’t cracked .5pt/g in the AHL. Snuggerud looks great, and ANA should’ve snagged him when they had the chance instead of reaching on Gaucher. Unless ANA is insanely confident in Snuggerud, there’s no reason to even consider this. Even then, I just dont see why it’d be worth the risk. Keep Zegras as a lock in the top 6 at either LW or C to provide offense and creativity that ANA desperately needs more, not less of

Who got there first doesn't automatically mean they'll end up better. Lots of Anaheim players get to the NHL and get big minutes early because, well, that's a much easier roster to crack. And they draft much higher anyway. And then you have the situation the Blues are in presently, which is not the trade big futures for a big piece situation.

And frankly, considering all factors, I'd have no interest in Zegras anyway. None of this is a fit for the Blues and the price is astronomical.
Apr. 4 at 12:11 p.m.
Who got there first doesn't automatically mean they'll end up better. Lots of Anaheim players get to the NHL and get big minutes early because, well, that's a much easier roster to crack. And they draft much higher anyway. And then you have the situation the Blues are in presently, which is not the trade big futures for a big piece situation.

And frankly, considering all factors, I'd have no interest in Zegras anyway. None of this is a fit for the Blues and the price is astronomical.

To be honest I’m not sure your argument stands. Zegras scored >0.8pt/g in the NHL in his 20/21 and 21/22 seasons. Bolduc hasn’t managed 0.5pt/g in the AHL. Are you suggesting TOI is why Zegras produced 60-70% more in a far superior league at the same age? Or that somehow comparing their performances isn’t relevant to their respective values?

It’s totally fair to say this trade isn’t a fit for either team, and also that Bolduc is a fine prospect that any team would love to have. But if we’re trying to rationalize that those 2 players are remotely close in value, it’s some fantasy stuff
Apr. 4 at 1:11 p.m.
To be honest I’m not sure your argument stands. Zegras scored >0.8pt/g in the NHL in his 20/21 and 21/22 seasons. Bolduc hasn’t managed 0.5pt/g in the AHL. Are you suggesting TOI is why Zegras produced 60-70% more in a far superior league at the same age? Or that somehow comparing their performances isn’t relevant to their respective values?

It’s totally fair to say this trade isn’t a fit for either team, and also that Bolduc is a fine prospect that any team would love to have. But if we’re trying to rationalize that those 2 players are remotely close in value, it’s some fantasy stuff

I dont think he is trying to compare Bolduc as much as saying that Zegras isn't a fit. IMO there is no doubt that Zegras can score points and is a creative player, but other parts of his game worry me. I wouldn't care for him on my team until he is able to reach the 90 pt threshold. Bolduc is a fine prospect, obviously has done anything to be compared to Zegras yet, but there are contextual factors that would make me want to just keep Bolduc instead.
mokumboi liked this.
Apr. 4 at 1:56 p.m.
Quoting: BDHockey
I dont think he is trying to compare Bolduc as much as saying that Zegras isn't a fit. IMO there is no doubt that Zegras can score points and is a creative player, but other parts of his game worry me. I wouldn't care for him on my team until he is able to reach the 90 pt threshold. Bolduc is a fine prospect, obviously has done anything to be compared to Zegras yet, but there are contextual factors that would make me want to just keep Bolduc instead.

You totally may be right. His first comment was about who’d end up better, so that was just my interpretation.

That’s all good man! There’s not a fan I know in ANA who wants to convince another team to go acquire him, so frankly I’m happy you feel that way, haha. We’re absolutely stoked on him here and are totally cool if the media and other teams want to label him some sort of way just because he tries the Michigan a few times a year. Wish your Blues well!
Apr. 4 at 2:13 p.m.
You totally may be right. His first comment was about who’d end up better, so that was just my interpretation.

That’s all good man! There’s not a fan I know in ANA who wants to convince another team to go acquire him, so frankly I’m happy you feel that way, haha. We’re absolutely stoked on him here and are totally cool if the media and other teams want to label him some sort of way just because he tries the Michigan a few times a year. Wish your Blues well!

Thanks! I would just hold Zegras if I were the Ducks, He will be a fine player once the other prospects mature a little bit more. Ideally he starts to become a little more engaged and a consistent 80-100 point player.
Jded liked this.
Apr. 5 at 10:50 a.m.
mokumboi

Where do you imagine I ever said Bolduc by himself is worth as much as Zegras? There's another massive bit of value in that trade proposal. And both in ELC land for a while, which adds extra value.

My comment was that Bolduc is and has been an A- prospect since being drafted. That was my argument.
Apr. 5 at 11:49 a.m.
Where do you imagine I ever said Bolduc by himself is worth as much as Zegras? There's another massive bit of value in that trade proposal. And both in ELC land for a while, which adds extra value.

My comment was that Bolduc is and has been an A- prospect since being drafted. That was my argument.

The entirety of your first paragraph was about Zegras’s TOI inflating his production and that Bolduc’s slower development doesn’t mean he’ll wind up being worse head to head. So apologies if I didn’t catch that the main point was simply that Bolduc is a valuable prospect. We could’ve agreed on that without mentioning Zegras’ name.
Apr. 5 at 12:52 p.m.
mokumboi
The entirety of your first paragraph was about Zegras’s TOI inflating his production and that Bolduc’s slower development doesn’t mean he’ll wind up being worse head to head. So apologies if I didn’t catch that the main point was simply that Bolduc is a valuable prospect. We could’ve agreed on that without mentioning Zegras’ name.

Heh. The first comment on this AGM is me calling Bolduc an A- prospect. The second comment is someone cleverly implying that he is not an A- prospect. The third one is me explaining why I called him an A- prospect. Not sure how you missed my original main point, brother.

And I did not say or suggest that Zegras' ice time inflated his production. I noted that getting a lot of prime ice time gave him the opportunity to produce so much, an opportunity he would not have had to such an extent with many teams - the Blues, for instance. I also said nothing of Bolduc's development speed or what it means. I stated the obvious that he who gets their first is not inherently going to be the one who ends up being better. That's a highly uncontroversial statement, there's decades upon decades of evidence.
Apr. 5 at 1:40 p.m.
Heh. The first comment on this AGM is me calling Bolduc an A- prospect. The second comment is someone cleverly implying that he is not an A- prospect. The third one is me explaining why I called him an A- prospect. Not sure how you missed my original main point, brother.

And I did not say or suggest that Zegras' ice time inflated his production. I noted that getting a lot of prime ice time gave him the opportunity to produce so much, an opportunity he would not have had to such an extent with many teams - the Blues, for instance. I also said nothing of Bolduc's development speed or what it means. I stated the obvious that he who gets their first is not inherently going to be the one who ends up being better. That's a highly uncontroversial statement, there's decades upon decades of evidence.

Just because you made a main point doesn’t mean my response must argue for or against that main point. I never addressed him being an A- prospect (though there are definitely some arguments against it). A discussion flows man, it doesn’t just have to start and end on one point.

I’m not really sure this is productive, feels like there’s more of an intent to condescend than to chat about what’s actually an original trade idea (however good, bad, or unrealistic it might be). We’re all doing this in our free time man, it’s for fun. Wish you well
Apr. 5 at 2:48 p.m.
mokumboi
Just because you made a main point doesn’t mean my response must argue for or against that main point. I never addressed him being an A- prospect (though there are definitely some arguments against it). A discussion flows man, it doesn’t just have to start and end on one point.

I’m not really sure this is productive, feels like there’s more of an intent to condescend than to chat about what’s actually an original trade idea (however good, bad, or unrealistic it might be). We’re all doing this in our free time man, it’s for fun. Wish you well

Again with the condescension... meanwhile, my response was bone dry. And nobody said a conversation cannot flow, but as for my part, the only thing I've done is establish Bolduc as an A- prospect. Anything else is beyond my responsibility. I can't defend things I didn't say.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll