4$5,750,000
4$5,750,000
1$5,000,000
Trades
WSH
  1. 2024 1st round pick (BOS)
  2. 2025 3rd round pick (FLA)
Additional Details:
Sens needs... RSD, Goalie (cheap) ... Adding Dowd to the bottom 6 also helps although idk if that's a "need"

Jensen @50% = 3rd
Dowd + Lindgren = 1st (Boston) assuming its 27+oa
WSH
  1. 2024 3rd round pick (BUF)
WSH
  1. Liljegren, Timothy [RFA Rights]
  2. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
TOR
  1. Carlson, John ($4,000,000 retained)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the COL
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the WSH
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$87,500,000$88,305,000$2,252,500$1,252,500-$805,000
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Washington Capitals
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
UFA
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$750,000$750K)
LW
RFA - 2
$4,250,000$4,250,000
LW, C
RFA
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 7
$3,375,000$3,375,000
RW, LW, C
UFA - 5
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$445,000$445K)
C
RFA - 1
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW
RFA
$775,000$775,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$850,000$850,000
RW
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LD
UFA
$5,750,000$5,750,000
RD
UFA
$5,250,000$5,250,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$4,600,000$4,600,000
LD
UFA - 5
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RD
RFA
$775,000$775,000
G
UFA - 3
$2,675,000$2,675,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$814,167$814,167 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
RD
RFA - 2
$825,000$825,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$9,200,000$9,200,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$2,062,500$2,062,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 12 at 3:46 p.m.
I'd consider that, but I'd rather TVR instead of Jensen.
Capitalfail67 and csick liked this.
Apr. 12 at 3:46 p.m.
Value is fine but I don think the Leafs pass based on Carlsons age. I would rather keep Lily + our 1st. There are a few really good RD options in FA this year. Roy, Pesce, Demelo, Walker to name a few.
Apr. 12 at 3:47 p.m.
I don't think three okay pieces get you a 1st and a 3rd
Apr. 12 at 3:53 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: sens65
I'd consider that, but I'd rather TVR instead of Jensen.

Either one will do tbh. I was just offering who i thought was the better play
sens65 liked this.
Apr. 12 at 3:54 p.m.
Quoting: TheBoyDuddus

Lindgren is better than an okay piece, he's a cheap goalie who would be a huge upgrade over what the Sens have currently. The other two pieces add depth where we need it.
csick and Capitalfail67 liked this.
Apr. 12 at 3:56 p.m.
Caps fan idk why

okay pieces?

Dowd was getting offers of 2nd + at the deadline.
Lindgren atm is a top 7-10 goalie in the NHL. literally carrying the Capitals to a maybe playoff spot.
Jensen @ 2m a year is a great deal.

28oa + 3rd might not be enough for all those players if im being honest. Lindgren makes 1.1m Dowd makes 1.3m and Jensen @ 2m you fill 3 positions for very low $$
sens65 liked this.
Apr. 12 at 4:24 p.m.
honestly yeah I think I’d probably do that for the Sens. I can definitely live with the Sens moving Boston’s 1st for the right reasons and you certainly took the care to properly address the Sens’ needs here. I think the hesitation comes from that these aren’t necessarily bonafide “perfect, now the Sens are set” pieces. Jensen (or TVR) are somewhat sorta bubble 2nd pairing guys and Lindgren has been playing like a true starter this year, but we all know how goalies can be. Sens might do this trade but still need to do more for the same positions. either way, I don’t dislike it at all. value seems reasonable enough too
Capitalfail67 and OwnGoal liked this.
Apr. 12 at 4:27 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: emoprettyboy
honestly yeah I think I’d probably do that for the Sens. I can definitely live with the Sens moving Boston’s 1st for the right reasons and you certainly took the care to properly address the Sens’ needs here

your profile pic is fkng hilarious lol.
emoprettyboy liked this.
Apr. 12 at 4:28 p.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
your profile pic is fkng hilarious lol.

lmao ty
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Apr. 12 at 4:31 p.m.
Rest is a weapon
I think the value is fine and helps the Sens a ton but the Sens need to restock their prospect pool so bad I'm just not sure it makes sense
Capitalfail67 and OwnGoal liked this.
Apr. 12 at 4:36 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Who_is_Jimmy_Stu
I think the value is fine and helps the Sens a ton but the Sens need to restock their prospect pool so bad I'm just not sure it makes sense

Cant they just trade Chabot or Chychrun and get a better 1st round pick + prospect? they are also selecting in the top 10 which will give them a high end player

edit:
i also had them wanting to immediately compete and make playoffs next year
Who_is_Jimmy_Stu and OwnGoal liked this.
Apr. 13 at 3:50 a.m.
Quoting: sens65
Lindgren is better than an okay piece, he's a cheap goalie who would be a huge upgrade over what the Sens have currently. The other two pieces add depth where we need it.

okay pieces?

Dowd was getting offers of 2nd + at the deadline.
Lindgren atm is a top 7-10 goalie in the NHL. literally carrying the Capitals to a maybe playoff spot.
Jensen 2m a year is a great deal.

28oa + 3rd might not be enough for all those players if im being honest. Lindgren makes 1.1m Dowd makes 1.3m and Jensen 2m you fill 3 positions for very low $$

No offence at all but Dowd carries little to no value in the deal. Lindgren is okay but one year left is not appealing at all, especially after 7 years of doing nothing in the league, one year of mediocre play and one year of good play. Either he kills it in Ottawa and they watch him walk in free agency or theyre on the hook for a big deal to a 31 year old with, at that point, 2/10 years of good play in the league. Not exactly the goaltender I'd be targeting and not what I'd want my first round pick used on.

Jensen is a bottom 4 RD which isnt exactly what Ottawa needs but could be of use especially with Washington retaining 2m for the next 2 years. Helpful but none of that equates to giving up a first even if it is likely a very late one.
Apr. 15 at 11:44 a.m.
Caps fan idk why
No offence at all but Dowd carries little to no value in the deal. Lindgren is okay but one year left is not appealing at all, especially after 7 years of doing nothing in the league, one year of mediocre play and one year of good play. Either he kills it in Ottawa and they watch him walk in free agency or theyre on the hook for a big deal to a 31 year old with, at that point, 2/10 years of good play in the league. Not exactly the goaltender I'd be targeting and not what I'd want my first round pick used on.

Jensen is a bottom 4 RD which isnt exactly what Ottawa needs but could be of use especially with Washington retaining 2m for the next 2 years. Helpful but none of that equates to giving up a first even if it is likely a very late one.

Dowd immediately makes your bottom 6 better. "carries little to value" is just a ignoranrt statement from someone who obviously hasnt watch him play / is okay w Sens sucking again next year
Lindgren becomes your best goalie..... id argue that Sens haven't made an intelligent goalie signing in a long long time. Lindgren at worst is a fantastic backup.
Jensen might be the Sens best RSD if traded to them lol
Apr. 16 at 11:06 p.m.
Dowd immediately makes your bottom 6 better. "carries little to value" is just a ignoranrt statement from someone who obviously hasnt watch him play / is okay w Sens sucking again next year
Lindgren becomes your best goalie..... id argue that Sens haven't made an intelligent goalie signing in a long long time. Lindgren at worst is a fantastic backup.
Jensen might be the Sens best RSD if traded to them lol

In no world is Jensen better than Zub, THAT's ignorant.

Theres nothing wrong with Dowd, I made that clear, just that he doesnt add value to the deal for Ottawa. Ottawa is littered with middle 6 and bottom 6 forwards, the upgrade he would provide is marginal at best. Makes even less sense when you realise how glaring the holes are elsewhere.

Anderson, Bishop and Lehner was the golden age of Ottawa goaltending. Since then it's been iffy for sure but that doesnt justify giving a 1st and a 3rd for spare parts from Washington.

Even if we ignore the goalie carousel that Ottawa would have to navigate or the fact that theyd likely also have to add assets on top of this trade to move Forsberg or Korpi out, do you really think that Lindgren would be the best option available to them if they were willing to dangle a 1st and 3rd? A 30 year old with one good season under his belt with one year left on his deal and in need of a new contract. Pass.
Apr. 18 at 12:01 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
In no world is Jensen better than Zub, THAT's ignorant.

Theres nothing wrong with Dowd, I made that clear, just that he doesnt add value to the deal for Ottawa. Ottawa is littered with middle 6 and bottom 6 forwards, the upgrade he would provide is marginal at best. Makes even less sense when you realise how glaring the holes are elsewhere.

Anderson, Bishop and Lehner was the golden age of Ottawa goaltending. Since then it's been iffy for sure but that doesnt justify giving a 1st and a 3rd for spare parts from Washington.

Even if we ignore the goalie carousel that Ottawa would have to navigate or the fact that theyd likely also have to add assets on top of this trade to move Forsberg or Korpi out, do you really think that Lindgren would be the best option available to them if they were willing to dangle a 1st and 3rd? A 30 year old with one good season under his belt with one year left on his deal and in need of a new contract. Pass.

Jensen is at worst equal to Zub but again adding him would make you have 2 2nd pairing Dmen that are good which is better than your current situation lol
Apr. 18 at 12:27 p.m.
Jensen is at worst equal to Zub but again adding him would make you have 2 2nd pairing Dmen that are good which is better than your current situation lol

I would argue that just the fact that there are so many capitals agm's floating around with Jensen trades speaks to the fact that he's in no way close to equal. At 4.6m Zub is almost a steal considering what he does for the defence which is why you'll almost never see him in a mock trade from a sens fan.

If Jensen was equal or even jut a bit less of a player/value, at 4m for two more years then theres no way Washington would ever consider moving him out when theyre trying to compete with the last years of Ovi.
Apr. 18 at 1:08 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
I would argue that just the fact that there are so many capitals agm's floating around with Jensen trades speaks to the fact that he's in no way close to equal. At 4.6m Zub is almost a steal considering what he does for the defence which is why you'll almost never see him in a mock trade from a sens fan.

If Jensen was equal or even jut a bit less of a player/value, at 4m for two more years then theres no way Washington would ever consider moving him out when theyre trying to compete with the last years of Ovi.

Jensen is being moved to make room for Iorio. Zub isnt being moved bc Sens are dog**** at RSD. Id argue that Ceci would be an upgrade on the side. When you have too much of something and need to open cap space you generational move the older player or did i miss something? Like why would Philly move Walker when he was superior and arguably one of their 3 best overall defenders? Why did La move Durzi? i can go on and on with examples but Washington SHOULD look to move him or TVR to open a spot for a young player looking for a roster spot

Capitals want to compete they need to add significantly to their top 6.
Apr. 18 at 2:08 p.m.
Jensen is being moved to make room for Iorio. Zub isnt being moved bc Sens are dog**** at RSD. Id argue that Ceci would be an upgrade on the side. When you have too much of something and need to open cap space you generational move the older player or did i miss something? Like why would Philly move Walker when he was superior and arguably one of their 3 best overall defenders? Why did La move Durzi? i can go on and on with examples but Washington SHOULD look to move him or TVR to open a spot for a young player looking for a roster spot

Capitals want to compete they need to add significantly to their top 6.

Ceci is a third pairing RD that can be insulated when moving up to a second pair role. Ceci needs insulation, Zub IS the insulation for other players moving up and down. Every single sens dman plays their best when theyre on the ice for Zub, the preferred partner for every single Senator. Chychrun, Sanderson, Chabot and Brannstrom. It's a lot easier to be a bad player and go to a good team that can help hide a lot of your weaknesses than it is to be a good player on a bad team that cant help you hide weaknesses and also actively puts you in a bad situations that should make you look worse. You couldnt get Zub from Ottawa for the same 1st and a 3rd that you want for these three and thats without retention. He stands out on a bad team so it's only fair to assume he'd look even better on a good one. Also as a side not I would bet real money that Ceci wouldnt get into the lineup over JBD in Ottawa, Edmonton makes him look like he's not bad but theres a reason Ottawa, Toronto and Pittsburgh didnt want him.

If you think Jensen and Ceci are equivalent then thats all I need to hear on Jensen. But if this trade is supposed to be a cap dump then the fact that you're willing to retain 4m over the next two years on Jensen should also speak to his value. Your argument is circular, saying that Jensen is a valuable middle 4 piece but again if he was valuable to the team in his role then why move him out to make room for Iorio? If he carried value like zub then you would be looking elsewhere to cut salary or make room.

Walker was moved because hes a rental and likely goes to free agency this year, philly realised they couldnt re-sign him. LA moved Durzi because they had better options and already went to arb once with him after they picked him up from Toronto and also wanted to clear space for the PLD trade. Neither are good comparisons but thats doesnt mean I dont agree that Washington should move on from TVR or Jensen.

Best of luck to the Captials if they do choose to move on from any of these players but i do hope Ottawa isnt invloved with any of them.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll