M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
Logo of the New York Rangers
$8,500,000$8,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$828,333$828,333 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW
RFA - 1
$4,437,500$4,437,500
C, LW
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW
RFA
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$450,000$450K)
LW
RFA - 2
$787,500$787,500
C
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$820,000$820,000
C, RW
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LD
RFA
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
UFA - 5
$5,666,667$5,666,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$3,872,000$3,872,000
LD
RFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
RD
RFA
$1,275,000$1,275,000 (Performance Bonus$25,000$25K)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
LD
RFA - 1
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 14 at 1:49 p.m.
The only way I think CHI would be willing to acquire Trouba is if he is willing to stop being such an unnecessarily dirty scumbag on the ice and take on more of a mentor/protector role, rather than an enforcer/goon. If so, I think he could be a great mentor to our young dmen, to help them build defensive skills and physicality. But I very much doubt he would be willing to do that. That dude wants to win.
Hawksguy81 and CoachQ liked this.
Apr. 14 at 2:01 p.m.
If Trouba will waive for Chicago (which doesn't seem likely), Hawks probably accept
Snowhawk18 liked this.
Apr. 14 at 2:03 p.m.
Quoting: Garak
The only way I think CHI would be willing to acquire Trouba is if he is willing to stop being such an unnecessarily dirty scumbag on the ice and take on more of a mentor/protector role, rather than an enforcer/goon. If so, I think he could be a great mentor to our young dmen, to help them build defensive skills and physicality. But I very much doubt he would be willing to do that. That dude wants to win.

What a hot take. How many times has he been suspended in 3 years? How many bone crushing hits has he thrown in those 3 years that have had people like yourself in tears because you think it’s dirty
Fox_Czar_Cup liked this.
Apr. 14 at 2:55 p.m.
B

TMZ hot take here.
He's not very fluid cause of his size & handles the puck like a grenade yet all he does is mentor, with hard minutes & imposing presence. He lifts the team & scares opponents with his legal bone crunching hits & league best timing.
Goon, he is not lol
Apr. 14 at 3:22 p.m.
Edited Apr. 14 at 4:16 p.m.
Quoting: NYR1983
What a hot take. How many times has he been suspended in 3 years? How many bone crushing hits has he thrown in those 3 years that have had people like yourself in tears because you think it’s dirty

Quoting: Fox_Czar_Cup
TMZ hot take here.
He's not very fluid cause of his size & handles the puck like a grenade yet all he does is mentor, with hard minutes & imposing presence. He lifts the team & scares opponents with his legal bone crunching hits & league best timing.
Goon, he is not lol

What is your point here? I am not trying to give you some hot take, I am being objective, and he makes a lot questionable and objectively dirty goony/scumbag plays on the ice. That is just a fact. It has nothing to do with how I personally feel about him or whether I personally would like a player like that on my team. In fact, I think he seems like a pretty good dude off the ice and certainly does play a style that is desirable to the right teams in the right situation. It has to do with the kind of roster, play-style, and culture, Kyle Davidson is trying to build in CHI, and I don't think the way Trouba plays would fit his vision.

Honestly, I never really thought he fit with the Rangers either. I think they were trying to force some gritty tough guy identity into a lineup filled with motor and skill, and got the balance all wrong, which lead to NYR missing out on a large portion of their window of contention. I think there were other ways the Rangers could've added grit to the lineup without trading valuable assets for and committing such a large portion of their cap to him. And, on a similar note, although I do like Panarin in their lineup, I think that by rushing things and shoe-horning Panarin and Trouba into the lineup they artificially put their rebuild on the back burner and messed with the development of some of their prized prospects, possibly screwing some of them up beyond repair, and burying others in depth that will be difficult for them to overcome, forcing them into roles that they shouldn't be in.

I'm not crying about anything. I just don't think he fits with CHI unless he is willing to pivot from a tough guy contender mentality, to more of a mentor role. Which is not something I see him being willing to do at this stage of his career. Considering he has a 15 team No Trade List, I'd be willing to bet CHI is on it.
LivingAnew and exo2769 liked this.
Apr. 14 at 7:36 p.m.
What is your point here? I am not trying to give you some hot take, I am being objective, and he makes a lot questionable and objectively dirty goony/scumbag plays on the ice. That is just a fact. It has nothing to do with how I personally feel about him or whether I personally would like a player like that on my team. In fact, I think he seems like a pretty good dude off the ice and certainly does play a style that is desirable to the right teams in the right situation. It has to do with the kind of roster, play-style, and culture, Kyle Davidson is trying to build in CHI, and I don't think the way Trouba plays would fit his vision.

Honestly, I never really thought he fit with the Rangers either. I think they were trying to force some gritty tough guy identity into a lineup filled with motor and skill, and got the balance all wrong, which lead to NYR missing out on a large portion of their window of contention. I think there were other ways the Rangers could've added grit to the lineup without trading valuable assets for and committing such a large portion of their cap to him. And, on a similar note, although I do like Panarin in their lineup, I think that by rushing things and shoe-horning Panarin and Trouba into the lineup they artificially put their rebuild on the back burner and messed with the development of some of their prized prospects, possibly screwing some of them up beyond repair, and burying others in depth that will be difficult for them to overcome, forcing them into roles that they shouldn't be in.

I'm not crying about anything. I just don't think he fits with CHI unless he is willing to pivot from a tough guy contender mentality, to more of a mentor role. Which is not something I see him being willing to do at this stage of his career. Considering he has a 15 team No Trade List, I'd be willing to bet CHI is on it.

A big body check that is clean isn’t “dirty and goonie” it’s part of the game and he’s one of(if not THE) best at it. You want protection and mentors, he is just that 😂 you getting the point now?!
Apr. 14 at 11:14 p.m.
Snowhawk
If Trouba would waive for the Hawks, they would accept in a heartbeat. Hell Chicago could retain 50% and flip Trouba for a significant haul, teams would line up for a big physical RHD.
Apr. 15 at 6:36 a.m.
A big body check that is clean isn’t “dirty and goonie” it’s part of the game and he’s one of(if not THE) best at it. You want protection and mentors, he is just that 😂 you getting the point now?!

Nope
Apr. 15 at 7:37 a.m.
Nope

In its simplest form.. your initial statement couldn’t be more wrong. The furthest from the truth some may say. Here is an example of an equally wrong comment; “Bedard isn’t ready for the NHL”
Apr. 15 at 8:11 a.m.
In its simplest form.. your initial statement couldn’t be more wrong. The furthest from the truth some may say. Here is an example of an equally wrong comment; “Bedard isn’t ready for the NHL”

Just because officials have let him get away with controversial, reckless, and extremely dangerous checks to the head, boarding, and charging on many occasions, doesn't mean it is ok. I stand by my previous comments. As I stated previously, I think that is desirable to a lot of teams, but from what I understand about Kyle Davidson's plan, he doesn't want anything to do with that sort of play. Not that he doesn't want his players to play with some level of physicality, but he wants it to be "by the book."

What does it matter to you, anyway? Don't you want to keep him? Are you trying to sell him to me? And, if so, why are you trying to sell him?
PaulKorea liked this.
Apr. 15 at 10:54 a.m.
exo2769
Edited Apr. 15 at 11:57 a.m.
As a Hawks fan...I'll admit I'm looking for a physical RD & I'll admit that I'm on here on record saying that I'd be willing to overpay that person (contract wise) to be limited to a 2-year deal. Those pieces should tell me that this would be a perfect fit for what I'm looking for. However, I am on the side that he's out there with the intent to do damage and damage is the 1st priority...the 2nd is timing/elbows/head or not/player safety/etc../small stuff to him. Not the other way around. I don't give a $hit if the NHL has suspended him or not yet. BUT, I'm also the guy that likes Duncan Keith who took it too far TWICE and put his stick in Carter's and Coyle's face. To be fair...I did say he shouldn't have done those and that has no part in the game. Maybe this is just a you hate to play against these guys, but when they're on your team situation? IDK
Garak liked this.
Apr. 15 at 12:22 p.m.
Quoting: exo2769
As a Hawks fan...I'll admit I'm looking for a physical RD & I'll admit that I'm on here on record saying that I'd be willing to overpay that person (contract wise) to be limited to a 2-year deal. Those pieces should tell me that this would be a perfect fit for what I'm looking for. However, I am on the side that he's out there with the intent to do damage and damage is the 1st priority...the 2nd is timing/elbows/head or not/player safety/etc../small stuff to him. Not the other way around. I don't give a $hit if the NHL has suspended him or not yet. BUT, I'm also the guy that likes Duncan Keith who took it too far TWICE and put his stick in Carter's and Coyle's face. To be fair...I did say he shouldn't have done those and that has no part in the game. Maybe this is just a you hate to play against these guys, but when they're on year team situation?

Yeah. Again, I'm not saying that I personally wouldn't like to have him, because, as you said, when guys like that are on your team, you love it. But, when I hear KD preach over and over that he wants to build a team that "plays the right way" along with some of his other rhetoric/philosophy, it tells me that he doesn't want cheaters, goons, or controversy in general. There is a fine line between being "big and physical" and being "dirty", and Trouba rides and crosses that line on a regular enough basis for me to think KD might not be interested.
Apr. 15 at 5:58 p.m.
Just because officials have let him get away with controversial, reckless, and extremely dangerous checks to the head, boarding, and charging on many occasions, doesn't mean it is ok. I stand by my previous comments. As I stated previously, I think that is desirable to a lot of teams, but from what I understand about Kyle Davidson's plan, he doesn't want anything to do with that sort of play. Not that he doesn't want his players to play with some level of physicality, but he wants it to be "by the book."

What does it matter to you, anyway? Don't you want to keep him? Are you trying to sell him to me? And, if so, why are you trying to sell him?

😂 “Player Safety” has reviewed all of those hits that you and a few crybabies don’t like. Officials “let him get away with it” but then the player safety confirms it was a legal hit. You don’t have to like the hit but it doesn’t change that it was legal. Maybe hockey is too rough a sport for ya.
Apr. 16 at 6:58 a.m.
😂 “Player Safety” has reviewed all of those hits that you and a few crybabies don’t like. Officials “let him get away with it” but then the player safety confirms it was a legal hit. You don’t have to like the hit but it doesn’t change that it was legal. Maybe hockey is too rough a sport for ya.

lol. Yep... You definitely aren't intellectually challenged. Your comprehension skills definitely jump off the charts!
Apr. 16 at 7:31 a.m.
lol. Yep... You definitely aren't intellectually challenged. Your comprehension skills definitely jump off the charts!

😂😂 right…
Garak liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll