SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

End Of Season Mock

End Of Season Mock

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: jykl
Published: Apr. 20 at 3:37 p.m.
Description
A first guess on what teams will do at the draft.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Columbus Blue JacketsColumbus Blue Jackets (4→1)
  2. Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens (5→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Celebrini-Fantilli will be a nightmare to deal with.
2Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-I wouldn't do this, but I just get the sense that Canadiens like unicorn type players (see Slafkovsky).
3Logo of the San Jose Sharks-They have a lot of right shot D prospects but none who have upside as a 1st pairing D-Man. I'm not that big a fan of Levshunov, but I see the appeal and he can develop into that high in the lineup role.
4Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Adding Demidov to Chicago would make them terrifying down the road. Could be the most gifted offensive player in the class.
5Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-I'm not a huge Dickinson fan, but I feel like he's a profile of player that the Ducks would love. Big, strong, with some kinks to work out in his game. He won't wow anyone, but he'll be effective in time.
6Logo of the Arizona Coyotes-Arizona don't have a lot of offensive minded D prospects and their pool has a lot of LD. Zayne Parekh adds both ingredients to their pool. However, there are real concerns regarding his defensive game and I'm not sold on his offensive projection. Still, he's got insane upside and Arizona has the personnel to pair him with players who could make up for his deficiencies.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Another player I'm not really a fan of, but Ottawa likes big and he is big.
8Logo of the Seattle Kraken-I considered Berkly Catton here because I think he's got the highest upside and is the 3rd most offensively gifted player in the class. But I just think the way the season played out for them and how last years playoffs went will push them towards Lindstrom who is a fantastic center in his own right and will make Seattle formidable down the middle for years to come.
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-When all is said and done, Catton could end up being the third best player in the class. He's got everything you want in a center. He's dynamic through neutral ice and in the o-zone, and he's detailed in his own end. If NHL teams would stop obsessing over size and/or Catton was 2-inches taller, he'd be a clear 3rd overall (maybe even 2nd).
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Kind of reach here, but I struggled really to think of who they might target. In Greentree, they get a guy who needs to gain more foot speed and pace to his game, but is just really clever and uses his size to his advantage. He'll play and produce as a middle six in the show.
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Buffalo strikes me as a team that would take a chance on Cole Eiserman. Eiserman has a lot of great qualities that just need to time coalesce together. I think if you're patient with him you can get a really great play who does the hardest thing to do in hockey: score goals.
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-There are a bunch of guys I'd consider here for Philly, but I think they take Buium. He's the best player left and I don't think he's that far away from the show. He could be a big steal at 12.
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-The draft opens up at this point a bit more with Konsta Helenius being my next best available. Just really intelligent with more skill and creativity that people don't give him credit for. I thought he had a solid world juniors too. He needs some time in North America and likely a couple years in the minors, but he'll be a really great middle six point producer.
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsWho better to pair with Will Smith than a Ryan Leonard like-player? Not saying that MBN is as good as Leonard (he's not, lets be clear on that), but he's the kind of profile (that sort of power forward with a bit of skill) who would work with Smith and set him up for success down the road.
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-I don't understand why he's so low on so many boards. A clear first-rounder for me and just a wonderful skater who uses it to his full advantage. Competent in the offensive end, good at killing rush chances, and a really great puck mover. Another candidate for steal of the first round.
16Logo of the Washington Capitals-I struggled with this one. The caps prospect pool is poor and without a lot of center depth. I'm not sure Tij is a center, but either way he'd be a nice player to pair with Ryan Leonard down the road.
17Logo of the St. Louis Blues-If he wasn't injured earlier in the season, I think Jiricek would be a candidate for the top 10. Really toolsy and intelligent player that the Blues don't have in their prospect pool.
18Logo of the New York Islanders-Not sure what the Islanders will do. Their pool is interesting, but still kinda poor. Boisvert will add size and some scoring. Plus you can be patient with him while he goes to North Dakota.
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Not as much info on, but goes to a team that can afford to wait for him.
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningI just remember the video of Kyle Davidson when he knew Oliver Moore was going to fall to him last year. I think he'll be just as excited about getting Stiga who is just as determined and 200 ft as Moore is.
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Just an engine of a player. Gives everything he's got every shift and has nice qualities. I think he plays.
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-I feel like this is a move Nashville would make. Draft a D with good upside who can make plays.
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Probably the highest upside player I have left outside of Connelly. He's young, he's skilled, and you can afford to be patient.
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersAnaheim likes size and he has size.
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-Young, lots of offensive upside. A team that afford to be patient with the player and help him maximize his potential.
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsYou didn't think Anaheim was the only team that liked size did you?
27Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksA solid bet to be a middle six pro. Showed a reasonable 200 ft game (albeit in the circus of Liiga). Has a lot of tools that would fit well in Calgary.
28Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersI'm not a fan of Mews. I think he's got flashes of quality that haven't come together (like pieces of a puzzle that just don't fit). Still, if you have the right development plan, you could be getting decent bottom 4 d-man.
29Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsI like Ziemer's intensity and intelligence. I think he could be a nice piece for Montreal's middle 6.
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Honestly, I don't know what to make of Connelly. He could be one of the top players in the class, but his defensive deficiencies could hold him back quite a bit in addition to the off-ice noise. Carolina just seems like a team that would take that chance on Connelly. They could end up with a very special player.
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-Only really saw him at the Hlinka, but looked the part of a really smooth skating distributor.
32Logo of the New York Rangers-Produced well for an 18 year old in the KHL. Team can afford to be patient.
Apr. 20 at 4:02 p.m.
Dorion liked big players and he is gone. I think Staios will pick best players available to restock the prospect pool hopefully. Also at 26 IF Connelly is there I would absolutely beg Staios to take him. Character issues sure but he is a top 10 talent and I believe once he matures he'll just be a complete stud.
Apr. 20 at 4:04 p.m.
Player Model Maker
Montreal is probably looking for forwards😭
Caufield liked this.
Apr. 20 at 5:00 p.m.
power forward
Quoting: MontysPython
Montreal is probably looking for forwards😭

They are high on iginla
Caufield and MontysPython liked this.
Apr. 21 at 10:51 a.m.
No way Montreal takes another LHD, especially when there’s Demidov and Lindstrom that they could take at #2. Heck even trade back, no need for another LHD prospect
Apr. 21 at 11:25 a.m.
Stiga or Hage i'm guessing will be the Hawks 2nd 1st round pick, both are very interesting unless Eiserman falls further than we all think.

Demidov, Lindstrom, Catton, or Levshunov will be their 1st pick I'm guessing.
Apr. 22 at 6:36 a.m.
A lot of us Sharks fans are hoping that Quentin Musty can fill the Leonard role on a line with Smith.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll