$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$875,000$875,000
LD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 21 at 5:26 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
You would be paying Washington to solve your cap problem and give you six more years of term at RW, not the other way around.
NoVaSpartan liked this.
Apr. 21 at 6:25 a.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
You would be paying Washington to solve your cap problem and give you six more years of term at RW, not the other way around.

Leafs don’t have a cap problem to solve.

Wilson’s long term contract is also much worse than Marner’s 1 year expiring deal.

So yes, Washington in fact adds more to get Marner.

Thank you, troll again later.
Apr. 21 at 7:16 a.m.
OTT declines
Apr. 21 at 7:54 a.m.
SkateOrDie
you got to give it to the RAT, he lives in TOR head. They didn't even drop the puck and he was under Domi skin, no surprise he drew a penalty.
He just straight played TOR.

Post like this just show how much BOS lives rent free. That game last night, they were so worried about playing "tough" guy that they got out played up and down the ice. But they were even in hits!
They got punked into starting Reeves because "they need a fighter" so Domi feels 3" taller, and he gave up the back breaking goal that TOR couldn't over come.

This TOR team will never win. You don't need Wilson, or a better coach, you need a better sports Psychologist because they are mental midgets up and down the organization. Who just make dumb moves.

You have the better centers, arguably the better forward depth. The difference between the blue line in BOS isn't all that past McAvoy. I mean hell that 3rd pairing of Peeke and Shattenkirk ain't scaring no one. But yet somehow TOR gets roped into playing a physical game instead of actually pushing through and beating them with skill. So guys like Knies gets 10 minutes on the ice so Domi can get 15..... you never going to win that way.

Hell once BOS pulled ahead they sat Pasta, he only played 16:37. They didn't need to play him any further, they knew all they had to do is go out there and keep hitting TOR and they would keep playing that game instead of focusing on scoring. It was more important to look tough than actually win.

Someone might want to show TOR the old games of the Pens vs WSH and CBJ. Where the pens were always out hit and took a pounding.... but never got knocked off their game. Didn't allow WSH or CBJ to dictate how it was going to go and made them pay for their over eagerness to lay a hit.
Which is exactly what BOS did to them last night catching idiot Reeves pinching and breaking their back. Dragging TOR into penalties they shouldn't be taking. Leaving them down 1 game to none with everyone knowing it was going to happen.
Apr. 21 at 10:51 a.m.
Rip

Are you suggesting Wilson has more value than Marner? The mob has broken you sir
Apr. 21 at 10:53 a.m.
Rip
Quoting: LuckyMoneyPuck
you got to give it to the RAT, he lives in TOR head. They didn't even drop the puck and he was under Domi skin, no surprise he drew a penalty.
He just straight played TOR.

Post like this just show how much BOS lives rent free. That game last night, they were so worried about playing "tough" guy that they got out played up and down the ice. But they were even in hits!
They got punked into starting Reeves because "they need a fighter" so Domi feels 3" taller, and he gave up the back breaking goal that TOR couldn't over come.

This TOR team will never win. You don't need Wilson, or a better coach, you need a better sports Psychologist because they are mental midgets up and down the organization. Who just make dumb moves.

You have the better centers, arguably the better forward depth. The difference between the blue line in BOS isn't all that past McAvoy. I mean hell that 3rd pairing of Peeke and Shattenkirk ain't scaring no one. But yet somehow TOR gets roped into playing a physical game instead of actually pushing through and beating them with skill. So guys like Knies gets 10 minutes on the ice so Domi can get 15..... you never going to win that way.

Hell once BOS pulled ahead they sat Pasta, he only played 16:37. They didn't need to play him any further, they knew all they had to do is go out there and keep hitting TOR and they would keep playing that game instead of focusing on scoring. It was more important to look tough than actually win.

Someone might want to show TOR the old games of the Pens vs WSH and CBJ. Where the pens were always out hit and took a pounding.... but never got knocked off their game. Didn't allow WSH or CBJ to dictate how it was going to go and made them pay for their over eagerness to lay a hit.
Which is exactly what BOS did to them last night catching idiot Reeves pinching and breaking their back. Dragging TOR into penalties they shouldn't be taking. Leaving them down 1 game to none with everyone knowing it was going to happen.

Right? Like how can anyone rationalize that more hot headed tough guys would have helped the situation yesterday? Morons going for huge hits and putting themselves out of position, Domi going nuts etc etc. None of that helps us. Yeah they need to be tougher than past seasons but last night was just silly b
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 21 at 11:03 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Ryminister_92
Leafs don’t have a cap problem to solve.

Wilson’s long term contract is also much worse than Marner’s 1 year expiring deal.

Quoting: RipNasty
Are you suggesting Wilson has more value than Marner? The mob has broken you sir

No, the obvious point of this ACGM (at least, it's obvious to all of us non-homers) is that Toronto needs to get rid of Marner's cap hit. That is the OP's opinion, not mine.
Apr. 21 at 11:32 a.m.
Rip
No, the obvious point of this ACGM (at least, it's obvious to all of us non-homers) is that Toronto needs to get rid of Marner's cap hit. That is the OP's opinion, not mine.

A 100 point player (I know he hasn't technically scored 100 points but he's been on the pace to do so for 3-4 straight seasons) is not a cap issue. His cap doesn't hurt the leafs this year in anyway. Other contracts are problems.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 21 at 11:39 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
A 100 point player (I know he hasn't technically scored 100 points but he's been on the pace to do so for 3-4 straight seasons) is not a cap issue. His cap doesn't hurt the leafs this year in anyway. Other contracts are problems.

I agree, but my three points remain: (1) it's the OP's opinion that he would prefer to have Wilson's cap hit than Marner's, (2) not mine, and (3) trading Marner isn't going to be on advantageous terms due to his cap hit because he's a lame duck.
Apr. 21 at 11:41 a.m.

You directly said “Toronto would be paying Washington to solve their cap problems” .. only problem is there is no cap problem. They have just under $19.5M in cap space to sign 5-6 roster players. None of which are a significant role in the lineup (3C and 1 top 4 RD would be the most). That’s an average of $3.25M per player signed.. considering some will be lower and closer to the league minimum for the depth spots, they can easily add the 3C and top 4 RD for over $5M each. & that’s with keeping Marner. So what cap problem are you even talking about?

Toronto doesn’t have a cap issue. They have a personnel issue. 2 completely different issues. That doesn’t rake a “homer” to see.

Funny how your username is about the Islanders, you always claim to be a Kings and Ducks fan, yet you keep commenting on Toronto posts and seem to claim you know the answer to their problems 🤔 … I smell a troll.
Apr. 21 at 11:44 a.m.
Rip
I agree, but my three points remain: (1) it's the OP's opinion that he would prefer to have Wilson's cap hit than Marner's, (2) not mine, and (3) trading Marner isn't going to be on advantageous terms due to his cap hit because he's a lame duck.

Mob thought here sir. On any other team, even a pending FA of his calibre would have immense value, but not when it's TO. Marner is a cap dump now. Better than all but 2-3 RW depending on the season but he makes a lot so no one will want him eh? Typical of this site
Apr. 21 at 11:46 a.m.
Rip
You directly said “Toronto would be paying Washington to solve their cap problems” .. only problem is there is no cap problem. They have just under $19.5M in cap space to sign 5-6 roster players. None of which are a significant role in the lineup (3C and 1 top 4 RD would be the most). That’s an average of $3.25M per player signed.. considering some will be lower and closer to the league minimum for the depth spots, they can easily add the 3C and top 4 RD for over $5M each. & that’s with keeping Marner. So what cap problem are you even talking about?

Toronto doesn’t have a cap issue. They have a personnel issue. 2 completely different issues. That doesn’t rake a “homer” to see.

Funny how your username is about the Islanders, you always claim to be a Kings and Ducks fan, yet you keep commenting on Toronto posts and seem to claim you know the answer to their problems 🤔 … I smell a troll.

Nah, that guy is stand-up act. Not a troll at all. He's falling victim to some mob thought here but he's no troll. Generally a polite and insightful person.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Apr. 21 at 11:51 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

Then you should take a bath.
Apr. 21 at 11:53 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Mob thought here sir. On any other team, even a pending FA of his calibre would have immense value, but not when it's TO. Marner is a cap dump now. Better than all but 2-3 RW depending on the season but he makes a lot so no one will want him eh? Typical of this site

That may be mob thought, but it's not mine and my response to this ACGM reacting to the underlying premise shouldn't afford anyone an opportunity to entirely misrepresent it.
Apr. 21 at 11:58 a.m.
Then you should take a bath.

Oouu.. good one bud 🙄
Apr. 21 at 12:30 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Oouu.. good one bud 🙄

Thanks! I was afraid it would go over your head.
Apr. 21 at 12:49 p.m.
Thanks! I was afraid it would go over your head.

Kinda like the Leafs “cap problem” went over yours?
Apr. 21 at 2:05 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Kinda like the Leafs “cap problem” went over yours?

No, absolutely not anything like that -- how many times do you have to hear that I don't think that Toronto has a cap problem before it sinks in? Or is it that you just won't hear what you don't want to hear?

Here (pun intended) is my Toronto ACGM from a month ago in which I found enough cap space for the Maple Leafs to sign 4 free agents aggregating $14 million in cap and still had a half-million left over:

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4995701
Apr. 21 at 3:09 p.m.
No, absolutely not anything like that -- how many times do you have to hear that I don't think that Toronto has a cap problem before it sinks in? Or is it that you just won't hear what you don't want to hear?

Here (pun intended) is my Toronto ACGM from a month ago in which I found enough cap space for the Maple Leafs to sign 4 free agents aggregating $14 million in cap and still had a half-million left over:

https://www.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/4995701

^ that was your original comment. Stating that Washington was helping Toronto out of their cap problem in this thread. Not anywhere else was a cap problem mentioned by the thread starter or anyone else. You were the one to state it. So maybe you should check your wording or logic next time to avoid confusion if now you’re trying to say there is no cap problem
Apr. 21 at 4:14 p.m.
Skip skibbity
Caps pass. Don't care what the argument is, Caps pass.
OldNYIfan and NoVaSpartan liked this.
Apr. 21 at 4:37 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
^ that was your original comment. Stating that Washington was helping Toronto out of their cap problem in this thread. Not anywhere else was a cap problem mentioned by the thread starter or anyone else. You were the one to state it. So maybe you should check your wording or logic next time to avoid confusion if now you’re trying to say there is no cap problem

And, for the third time, the fact that you clearly fail to understand the point of this ACGM betrays how shallow your comprehension is.

Obviously, repeating the same simple and inescapable fact again and again is making no impression on you, so I'm not going to waste any more time trying to din it into you.
Apr. 21 at 4:41 p.m.
And, for the third time, the fact that you clearly fail to understand the point of this ACGM betrays how shallow your comprehension is.

Obviously, repeating the same simple and inescapable fact again and again is making no impression on you, so I'm not going to waste any more time trying to din it into you.

Ah the ol’ “result to insults when I’m called out” tactic.. nice. Again, no one mentioned a cap problem but you. The thread starter didn’t mention it, you assumed it because of a Marner trade - when in all likelihood Marner was moved in this thread to change the team to be more physical with the addition of Wilson (I can’t speak for the thread starter but with no mention of cap being a reason and Toronto’s issue of physical play it seems entirely like the reason).

Maybe you’re comprehension skills are too shallow to actually see that though 🤔

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll