Forums/Armchair-GM

New Ideas

Created by: GMDannyB
Team: 2024-25 Philadelphia Flyers
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 24, 2024
Published: Apr. 24, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Per usual, ur not the GM and ur word isn’t law. Try to keep it civil.

This leaves the Flyers with 4 first round picks and 2nd round picks for the next 2 drafts and doesn’t even include what they could possibly get for Laughton which would add another 1st or 2nd.

The Flyers could obviously add to these trades as needed. Brink is a candidate that could be moved as a piece and Andrae also could be too.
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,500,000
2$1,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
1$9,500,000
Trades
PHI
  1. Kulich, Jiri
  2. 2025 1st round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
Top 10 protected
BUF
  1. Farabee, Joel
  2. 2025 2nd round pick (PHI)
PHI
SJS
  1. Atkinson, Cam ($2,900,000 retained)
  2. 2025 3rd round pick (PHI)
PHI
  1. McGroarty, Rutger [Reserve List]
  2. 2025 1st round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
Is this a need for Winnipeg? I’m just a fan of Rutger and would love for him to be a Flyer.
WPG
  1. Konecny, Travis
Additional Details:
Comes with reasonable extension
ANA
  1. 2025 1st round pick (PHI)
  2. 2025 1st round pick (BUF)
  3. 2025 2nd round pick (ANA)
  4. 2026 2nd round pick (PHI)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the STL
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
Logo of the PHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$87,700,000$86,843,094$245,000$32,500$856,906
Left WingCentreRight Wing
$9,500,000$9,500,000
LW, C
UFA
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers
$6,200,000$6,200,000
RW, LW
UFA - 8
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$918,333$918,333
C, LW
RFA - 2
$2,100,000$2,100,000
C
RFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
RW
RFA - 1
$2,625,000$2,625,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$7,750,000$7,750,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
RFA
$3,000,000$3,000,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$2,375,000$2,375,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LD/RD
RFA - 1
$6,250,000$6,250,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 7
$1,450,000$1,450,000
G
RFA - 2
$2,700,000$2,700,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 4
$2,300,000$2,300,000
RD
RFA - 2
$3,275,000$3,275,000
G
UFA - 2
$903,333$903,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LD
RFA - 2
$5,100,000$5,100,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$6,250,000$6,250,000
RD
UFA - 3
$950,000$950,000
LW, C
RFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD
RFA

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Apr. 25 at 12:52 a.m.
Shibbal18
Farabee is the last thing Buffalo needs
AntiAnalytics liked this.
Apr. 25 at 12:53 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
Quoting: GMDannyB
Well yeah I mean if he isn’t available then 75% of teams on here are useless lol. But it’s fair to think he could be available and frankly every player is available for a price. It’s been confirmed that Briere had talks with Anaheim and Ottawa for Zegras and Chychrun. Whether they told Danny to piss off of that they could talk in the summer who knows but they definitely had talks that’s been confirmed, and tbh if ur a GM not listening to potential offers ur not doing ur job.

You've got too many RW, we need a RW, we've got too many centers, you need a center, don't overcomplicate things, build a trade based around Foerster or Tippett.
Apr. 25 at 1:26 a.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
You've got too many RW, we need a RW, we've got too many centers, you need a center, don't overcomplicate things, build a trade based around Foerster or Tippett.

I mean we have been over this 100 times, Tippett has spent the last 2 years at LW where we are extremely thin so that won’t happen. And Foerster is simply untouchable. Verbeek gets that offer for Zegras that I put above he takes it and runs. There’s a handful of players better than Zegras in the NHL that didn’t even get that much back in a trade.
Apr. 25 at 1:27 a.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: Shibbal18

I mean I have seen more than a few of ur fans on here say they want Farabee so I made a mock of it.
Apr. 25 at 1:32 a.m.
Future Ducks legend
I mean we have been over this 100 times, Tippett has spent the last 2 years at LW where we are extremely thin so that won’t happen. And Foerster is simply untouchable. Verbeek gets that offer for Zegras that I put above he takes it and runs. There’s a handful of players better than Zegras in the NHL that didn’t even get that much back in a trade.

No, he doesn't, and if that's your stance, there's no trade to be made. That's a crap offer for a top 6 player that we have NO REASON to move.

Eichel forced his way out of Buffalo and had an unknown surgery. Debrincat and Tkachuk refused to sign with their organizations and had very short lists where they were willing to sign long term with. All of these things depreciate value.

Zegras is under contract, not in a contract year, there's no leverage to depress his value. The reason the comps are low, is because the teams holding the contracts had no leverage, that's not the case in Anaheim. When the holding team has all the cards, these trades don't happen.

And I'll point out, if you're light at LW, just go sign someone, Left shot wingers are the easiest thing to find in this league.
Apr. 25 at 1:58 a.m.
Ducks have zero interest in that return. They’re trying to exit a rebuild, not start one
Apr. 25 at 7:06 a.m.
That was a year ago and he played a full 82 games this season and had career highs lol. Do they think his neck is just going to randomly fall off his body? He’s perfectly fine.

I mean he’s 24 and just broke 50 points playing basically 2nd and 3rd line minutes who is cost controlled for a handful of years he’s gonna cost more than a 2nd lol

Cool, then keep him
We don’t want your players & we aren’t gonna overpay for them- get that through your head
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Apr. 25 at 7:07 a.m.
Quoting: Shibbal18

THIS

I mean I have seen more than a few of ur fans on here say they want Farabee so I made a mock of it.

NO, u absolutely have not
Apr. 25 at 7:11 a.m.
That’s fair, I do think Buffalo are good trade partners with the Flyers but you’re really only talking about Farabee, Laughton, and Cates. U all hate Laughton, Cates is gonna take an overpay to move, and then there’s Farabee so feel like the most reasonable option. But then ur not gonna get a 24 year old that just broke 50 points for cheap.

NO, we are NOT good trade partners
Good for you maybe
But IN REAL LIFE we don’t want ANY of the guys you’re talking about
AND we aren’t giving you our good young prospects

FIND ANOTHER TEAM
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Apr. 25 at 8:36 a.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: Jded
Ducks have zero interest in that return. They’re trying to exit a rebuild, not start one

You finishing at the bottom of the league for like the 5th year in a row doesn’t suggest ur coming out of a rebuild and really shows ur probably still in one for a few years but we can agree to disagree
Apr. 25 at 8:38 a.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
No, he doesn't, and if that's your stance, there's no trade to be made. That's a crap offer for a top 6 player that we have NO REASON to move.

Eichel forced his way out of Buffalo and had an unknown surgery. Debrincat and Tkachuk refused to sign with their organizations and had very short lists where they were willing to sign long term with. All of these things depreciate value.

Zegras is under contract, not in a contract year, there's no leverage to depress his value. The reason the comps are low, is because the teams holding the contracts had no leverage, that's not the case in Anaheim. When the holding team has all the cards, these trades don't happen.

And I'll point out, if you're light at LW, just go sign someone, Left shot wingers are the easiest thing to find in this league.

Well it’s fine man we can agree to disagree but basically nobody commands the return I gave above lol so it’s definitely fair
Apr. 25 at 9:22 a.m.
I think McGroarty is the prospect the Jets are the most high on. Its unlikely they trade him.
GMDannyB and Windjammer liked this.
Apr. 25 at 9:23 a.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: Mr_Canoehead
I think McGroarty is the prospect the Jets are the most high on. Its unlikely they trade him.

Yeah that’s totally fair I’m high on him too that’s why I want him 😂
Mr_Canoehead liked this.
Apr. 25 at 9:57 a.m.
Yeah that’s totally fair I’m high on him too that’s why I want him 😂

I don't blame you. He ticks alot of boxes.
GMDannyB liked this.
Apr. 25 at 10:12 a.m.
Well it’s fine man we can agree to disagree but basically nobody commands the return I gave above lol so it’s definitely fair

The value isn't the issue and that is what you seem too hard headed to understand. Anaheim wants a roster player for Zegras it's that simple. And that's why Gibby keeps harping on Foerester or Tippett... they are roster players.

The Ducks already have a top 3 prospect / under 23 pipe line. Then the team will take another top 5 pick this draft followed by three more 1st and 2nd round picks. There is no lacking of picks and prospects in Anaheim. In contrast, players that score goals are in VERY short supply.
Apr. 25 at 10:20 a.m.
Danny B is here
Quoting: CHAR
The value isn't the issue and that is what you seem too hard headed to understand. Anaheim wants a roster player for Zegras it's that simple. And that's why Gibby keeps harping on Foerester or Tippett... they are roster players.

The Ducks already have a top 3 prospect / under 23 pipe line. Then the team will take another top 5 pick this draft followed by three more 1st and 2nd round picks. There is no lacking of picks and prospects in Anaheim. In contrast, players that score goals are in VERY short supply.

And I keep telling you guys that if the Flyers trade Tippett or Foerster then there’s no point in getting Zegras lol. You would trade for Zegras to have a real top line of Tippett - Zegras - Foerster. A Zegras deal isn’t going to include either of those two players and Philly has the most to offer if Zegras is available and it won’t be for those two players
Apr. 25 at 10:27 a.m.
You finishing at the bottom of the league for like the 5th year in a row doesn’t suggest ur coming out of a rebuild and really shows ur probably still in one for a few years but we can agree to disagree

This is probably worth responding to also. From a guy that watches every Ducks game, win or lose, there were some VERY positive signs of improvement this season. Do I expect them in the playoffs next season? Of course not. But they shouldn't be bottom 5 in the league any more. You have to start building or you never stop re-building (see Buffalo).

Injuries wrecked this team with key guys being out all season. It was a rotation of Zegras out, McTavish out, Killorn out, Carlssson out, Mintyukov out, etc, etc. We saw for a large part of the season what the team looks like without Zegras on the ice. It was bad. The team looks a whole lot better when he was playing.

The other key area that is a coachable fix is penalties. The team had bad special teams, both the PK and the PP (missing all those guys listed above). On top of having a bad PK they took more penalties than any one else by a mile. The times the Ducks were short handed compared to their opponents was triple digits. Taking less penalties and having special teams in the 18-22 range of the league would be an easy 10 more wins IMO. The Flyers had 11 more wins than the Ducks did this season. Granted, "take less penalties" is easy to say and it's on the players to actually do it. But there's no reason the players can't do it, penalties are largely mental.
Apr. 25 at 10:30 a.m.
Danny B is here
This is probably worth responding to also. From a guy that watches every Ducks game, win or lose, there were some VERY positive signs of improvement this season. Do I expect them in the playoffs next season? Of course not. But they shouldn't be bottom 5 in the league any more. You have to start building or you never stop re-building (see Buffalo).

Injuries wrecked this team with key guys being out all season. It was a rotation of Zegras out, McTavish out, Killorn out, Carlssson out, Mintyukov out, etc, etc. We saw for a large part of the season what the team looks like without Zegras on the ice. It was bad. The team looks a whole lot better when he was playing.

The other key area that is a coachable fix is penalties. The team had bad special teams, both the PK and the PP (missing all those guys listed above). On top of having a bad PK they took more penalties than any one else by a mile. The times the Ducks were short handed compared to their opponents was triple digits. Taking less penalties and having special teams in the 18-22 range of the league would be an easy 10 more wins IMO. The Flyers had 11 more wins than the Ducks did this season. Granted, "take less penalties" is easy to say and it's on the players to actually do it. But there's no reason the players can't do it, penalties are largely mental.

I don’t disagree with really anything you said. That being said I still don’t see them as a playoff team for another few years so if that’s the case you still have the time to build ur team up through the draft with picks because in 3 years those players should be ready to help contribute
Apr. 25 at 11:30 a.m.
I don’t disagree with really anything you said. That being said I still don’t see them as a playoff team for another few years so if that’s the case you still have the time to build ur team up through the draft with picks because in 3 years those players should be ready to help contribute

Another thing that could be true in three years is Zegras is a 26 yr-old stud in his prime years scoring 100+ points. That would be a pretty nice piece to have on a playoff team. It's perfectly fine if Philly doesn't want to trade Tippett or Foerester because the Ducks are just as fine with keeping Zegras. All this "he's available" chatter is coming out of places that conveniently want to acquire him: Montreal, Philly, Detroit and so on. You've heard not one comment from Verbeek or the coaches or the Anaheim players that Zegras is a bad fit or available.
GMDannyB liked this.
Apr. 25 at 11:39 a.m.
Danny B is here
Another thing that could be true in three years is Zegras is a 26 yr-old stud in his prime years scoring 100+ points. That would be a pretty nice piece to have on a playoff team. It's perfectly fine if Philly doesn't want to trade Tippett or Foerester because the Ducks are just as fine with keeping Zegras. All this "he's available" chatter is coming out of places that conveniently want to acquire him: Montreal, Philly, Detroit and so on. You've heard not one comment from Verbeek or the coaches or the Anaheim players that Zegras is a bad fit or available.

Oh I don’t disagree. There’s a difference between a barely being available and actively shopped versus a player teams want and teams reach out to. It’s been confirmed that Briere reached out to Verbeek about Zegras and that’s where the smoke comes from. Now Verbeek could have told Briere to piss off lol we have no clue but we do know they had a conversation about Zegras and he perfectly fits what the Flyers need but only in the right scenario. That scenario may not fit what Anaheim needs and there may be no deal to be had but what I put is probably the Flyers best over. Whether Verbeek is good with that or not I guess we will see this summer lol. I doubt it’s the only conversation they will have about Zegras and I would be talks resume closer to the draft this summer.
Apr. 25 at 12:50 p.m.

It’s not a personal opinion. It’s the GM’s own words as of 2 days ago. His offseason goals are to sign a top 6RW, top 4RD, and to be pushing for a playoff spot next season.

You can disagree if you want, but the GM (the guy who negotiated trades) being the one with the opinion makes a draft pick return for one of our most productive forwards a pretty clear cut ‘nope’

By the way, remember how PHI went from bottom 4 in the league to pushing for playoffs 2 seasons later?..
Apr. 25 at 12:54 p.m.
Danny B is here
It’s not a personal opinion. It’s the GM’s own words as of 2 days ago. His offseason goals are to sign a top 6RW, top 4RD, and to be pushing for a playoff spot next season.

You can disagree if you want, but the GM (the guy who negotiated trades) being the one with the opinion makes a draft pick return for one of our most productive forwards a pretty clear cut ‘nope’

By the way, remember how PHI went from bottom 4 in the league to pushing for playoffs 2 seasons later?..

Yeah it’s called a fluke lol we massively overachieved and should have been right next to you in standings.
Apr. 25 at 12:58 p.m.
Yeah it’s called a fluke lol we massively overachieved and should have been right next to you in standings.

Doesn’t address the meat of the comment as to why the trade is a very clear decline, nor the fact that (despite your opinion) your own team is an example this year as to why the GMs POV isn’t totally farfetched. It’s okay to concede that the ANA feedback was accurate, this isn’t an interesting return for what ANA is looking to do. Nobody expects the league to be up to date on Anaheim news. Thats for us poor Ducks fans

Depending on how the lottery and draft goes, maaaybe a Bonk + Foerster for Zegras +. Too expensive? Awesome, we love Z and will gladly keep him.

Wish your boys luck next year 👍
Apr. 25 at 12:59 p.m.
Danny B is here
Doesn’t address the meat of the comment as to why the trade is a very clear decline, nor the fact that (despite your opinion) your own team is an example this year as to why the GMs POV isn’t totally farfetched. I think you should just embrace that the feedback was accurate. Depending on how the lottery and draft goes, maaaybe a Bonk + Foerster for Zegras +. Too expensive? Awesome, we love Z and will gladly keep him.

Wish your boys luck next year 👍

U guys are so funny man this is such a waste of time the other guy literally just said they would take Bonk or Foerster and now ur saying it takes both of them like u guys literally contradict each other by the minute it’s comical
Apr. 25 at 1:02 p.m.
U guys are so funny man this is such a waste of time the other guy literally just said they would take Bonk or Foerster and now ur saying it takes both of them like u guys literally contradict each other by the minute it’s comical

It’s almost like we’re different people with slightly different opinions 🤯

Btw, it was both for Zegras +, not straight up. But yes, choosing between Z and either of them individually it’s easily Z

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll