Forums/Armchair-GM

Other teams sharks trade that I like

Created by: glarson17
Team: 2024-25 San Jose Sharks
Initial Creation Date: Apr. 28, 2024
Published: Apr. 28, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
This is a team compiled of trades other teams made with the sharks on AGM. These are trades that I think make sense, or that is good value and reasonable, for San Jose. These are not trade I made, they are from other teams, don’t get upset if the value is off, it’s literally copied from someone else.

The sharks also sign UFAs here in Zadorov and DeBrusk. They add size and skill to a team that badly needs more of it. Their contracts are based on an estimation by AFP Analytics.

This roster assumes couture is still out injured and doesn’t include trades of RFAs who could be moved such as Zadina, Addison and Chmelevski.

Sharks draft based on current drafting positions
1st Celebrini
14th Adam Jiricek
26th Dominick Badinka
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
2$1,250,000
2$1,250,000
2$1,250,000
3$3,000,000
UFAYEARSCAP HIT
5$6,000,000
5$6,500,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Celebrini, Macklin
3$950,000
Jiricek, Adam
3$950,000
Badinka, Dominik
3$950,000
Trades
SJS
  1. Korpisalo, Joonas
  2. Norris, Joshua
  3. 2024 1st round pick (BOS)
  4. 2025 3rd round pick (FLA)
  5. 2025 3rd round pick (OTT)
Additional Details:
Many reposes said sharks decline this, but I don’t mind it for the most part. Sharks take on a ton of cap but have plenty to spare. They get picks. I guess Norris can be a risk with injury but both players could bounce back in a big way.

I like both Blackwood and Ferraro. Ferraro has struggled but is a great guy in the room and young. Blackwood had a great year and I’d rather keep him but he struggles to stay healthy.
OTT
  1. Blackwood, Mackenzie
  2. Ferraro, Mario
Additional Details:
Ottawa adds while moving out cap
SJS
  1. Lee, Anders
  2. 2025 2nd round pick (NYI)
  3. 2025 3rd round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Obviously Lee would have to waive, which I doubt would happen, but this trade benefits both sides. NYI get a ton of cap space while moving out a guy who has been struggling for relatively cheap at his cap hit. Sharks get a character guy to rebuild the team.
NYI
    Future considerations.

Could be pending RFAs even
    SJS
    1. Alnefelt, Hugo [RFA Rights]
    2. Sheary, Conor
    3. 2025 4th round pick (EDM)
    4. 2025 7th round pick (ARI)
    Additional Details:
    Tampa moves out cap. Not sure they want to move Alnefelt but Grier mentioned in his season ending presser that they are looking to add goaltending depth.
    TBL
      Future considerations
      SJS
      1. Reaves, Ryan
      2. 2026 3rd round pick (TOR)
      Additional Details:
      Toronto moving out cap. Sharks get a bruiser which makes Grier smile
      TOR
        Future considerations
        Buyouts
        Retained Salary Transactions
        Buried
        DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
        Logo of the SJS
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the BOS
        Logo of the SJS
        Logo of the NJD
        Logo of the TBL
        Logo of the VGK
        Logo of the CHI
        Logo of the PIT
        Logo of the SJS
        Logo of the SJS
        Logo of the VGK
        Logo of the SJS
        Logo of the NYI
        Logo of the FLA
        Logo of the OTT
        Logo of the NYI
        Logo of the SJS
        Logo of the WPG
        Logo of the EDM
        Logo of the SJS
        Logo of the NJD
        Logo of the ARI
        Logo of the SJS
        Logo of the SJS
        Logo of the TOR
        Logo of the SJS
        Logo of the SJS
        Logo of the SJS
        ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
        23$87,500,000$85,581,667$0$1,250,000$1,918,333
        Left WingCentreRight Wing
        Logo of the San Jose Sharks
        $863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
        LW
        RFA - 2
        $5,000,000$5,000,000
        C, RW
        UFA - 1
        $1,450,000$1,450,000
        RW
        RFA - 1
        Logo of the New York Islanders
        $7,000,000$7,000,000
        LW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        Celebrini, Macklin
        $950,000$950,000
        $6,500,000$6,500,000
        RW, LW
        UFA
        $1,250,000$1,250,000
        C, LW
        RFA
        Logo of the Ottawa Senators
        $7,950,000$7,950,000
        C
        UFA - 6
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        LW, RW
        RFA - 1
        Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        LW, RW
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        $2,000,000$2,000,000
        C
        UFA - 1
        $3,000,000$3,000,000
        RW, C
        RFA
        Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
        $1,250,000$1,250,000
        LD
        RFA
        $6,000,000$6,000,000
        LD/RD
        UFA
        Logo of the Ottawa Senators
        $4,000,000$4,000,000
        G
        M-NTC
        UFA - 4
        $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
        LD
        RFA - 1
        $1,250,000$1,250,000
        RD
        UFA - 2
        $3,400,000$3,400,000
        G
        UFA - 1
        $2,750,000$2,750,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 1
        $1,250,000$1,250,000
        RD
        RFA
        ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
        $1,100,000$1,100,000
        LD/RD
        UFA - 2
        $8,000,000$8,000,000
        C
        M-NTC
        UFA - 3
        $7,000,000$7,000,000
        LD/RD
        M-NTC
        UFA - 2
        Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
        $1,350,000$1,350,000
        RW
        UFA - 2
        Taxi Squad
        Jiricek, Adam
        $950,000$950,000 ($0$0$0$0)
        Badinka, Dominik
        $950,000$950,000 ($0$0$0$0)

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
        • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
        Apr. 28 at 3:18 p.m.
        sensonfire
        Even if it made sense for San Jose, it doesn't make sense for Ottawa.

Ottawa under current management would decline.
        Apr. 28 at 3:21 p.m.
        If TB gives more than a 6 to dump Sheary they're morons. A buy-out cost $583,333 and they certainly aren't paying someone to take Alnefelt. They could just not qualify him
        Apr. 28 at 3:22 p.m.
        KFTW
        I hate this trade for ottawa . Norris is valuable and no point in doing any trade with Korpisalo before buying him out.

Ferraro doesn’t fit here we need a top 4 RD
        Apr. 28 at 4:10 p.m.
        Quoting: sensonfire
        Even if it made sense for San Jose, it doesn't make sense for Ottawa.

Ottawa under current management would decline.

Quoting: csick
        I hate this trade for ottawa . Norris is valuable and no point in doing any trade with Korpisalo before buying him out.

Ferraro doesn’t fit here we need a top 4 RD

I don’t see it either but everyone on the original post said the sharks would decline, which i disagree with. If Ottawa wants cap flexibility it works well moving out over $50 mil
        csick liked this.
        Apr. 28 at 4:23 p.m.
        ... We're a "Team"..
        Quoting: glarson17
        I don’t see it either but everyone on the original post said the sharks would decline, which i disagree with. If Ottawa wants cap flexibility it works well moving out over $50 mil

The way I see it, I would absolutely go after Blackwood for like... a 4th round pick and middling prospect like Kevin Riedler. That is if Korpisalo is bought out. Under current management, that won't happen as Staios has already said they are running it back with Korpi and Forsy (which is a... interesting decision).

The thing I don't get is that SJS just moved on from Hertl and now you'd want to go after an even bigger contract and question mark in Norris? It doesn't make sense for SJS to do something like this when the goal is certainly scorched earth right now. If they could, they'd absolutely move on from Vlasic and Couture... problem is no one wants those contracts.

From Ottawa's perspective, it only makes sense to move on from Norris if they get immediate help on the blue line in the form of a shutdown RHD that can pair with either Chabot or Sanderson (more for Chabot now considering Sanderson and Zub were our best and top 10 in the league in terms of offensive and defensive metrics are concerned). The other thing to keep in mind is that Norris has the "potential" to be a 30 goal scorer again, which is huge for Ottawa. One worst case scenario, he's done for his career and is put on LTIRetired forever. Even worse case scenario is that he's playing and only averages 30pts a year as a guy making just under 8 million for the next forever.
        Apr. 28 at 4:24 p.m.
        KFTW
        Quoting: glarson17

I actually really like Norris. He wasn’t the same player this season and was still on pace for 50pts. He played with Kubalik who was historically bad this year too.
        Apr. 28 at 4:24 p.m.
        KFTW
        Quoting: Green4D4
        The way I see it, I would absolutely go after Blackwood for like... a 4th round pick and middling prospect like Kevin Riedler. That is if Korpisalo is bought out. Under current management, that won't happen as Staios has already said they are running it back with Korpi and Forsy (which is a... interesting decision).

The thing I don't get is that SJS just moved on from Hertl and now you'd want to go after an even bigger contract and question mark in Norris? It doesn't make sense for SJS to do something like this when the goal is certainly scorched earth right now. If they could, they'd absolutely move on from Vlasic and Couture... problem is no one wants those contracts.

From Ottawa's perspective, it only makes sense to move on from Norris if they get immediate help on the blue line in the form of a shutdown RHD that can pair with either Chabot or Sanderson (more for Chabot now considering Sanderson and Zub were our best and top 10 in the league in terms of offensive and defensive metrics are concerned). The other thing to keep in mind is that Norris has the "potential" to be a 30 goal scorer again, which is huge for Ottawa. One worst case scenario, he's done for his career and is put on LTIRetired forever. Even worse case scenario is that he's playing and only averages 30pts a year as a guy making just under 8 million for the next forever.

I would only move Norris in a deal for Marner with like Chychrun going too
        Apr. 28 at 4:25 p.m.
        ... We're a "Team"..
        I would only move Norris in a deal for Marner with like Chychrun going too

Marner says no though....
        Apr. 28 at 4:29 p.m.
        KFTW
        Marner says no though....

He’d be stupid to. He can play with Tkachuk here
        Apr. 28 at 4:32 p.m.
        ... We're a "Team"..
        He’d be stupid to. He can play with Tkachuk here

He's playing with better players in TO... I don't think he'd want anything to do with Canada anymore. With the way the media already tears him apart, I think he'd love a fresh start in Utah or otherwise. Just not in a Canadian city. Watch him become a force in the playoffs next year on another team like FLA or something.
        csick liked this.
        Apr. 28 at 5:24 p.m.
        If Sheary will waive, Tampa Bay probably accepts. That's a reasonable price to move 2x$2m on Sheary.
        Apr. 28 at 5:28 p.m.

Hertl is also older and has had multiple torn up knees. I understand the idea though, that they just shed all that cap why take back another long contract? Just seems less likely to turn into an anchor
        Apr. 28 at 6:24 p.m.
        RecycleShark
        Kudos on all the research you put into this.

1. A 1st is fair for Ferraro. That leaves Blackwood for Korpisalo, Norris, and two 3rds. I'd rather have Blackwood than Korpisalo. Norris is a question mark due to injuries, but so is Blackwood. This is primarily a gamble on Norris. It's close, but I think the Sharks still decline.

2. Sharks accept! Lee and the NYI's probably don't.

3. Not sure either team would be very interested.

4. Sharks could get a cheaper bruiser on a shorter contract, such as Blais, Carrier, or Clutterbuck who are UFA's, but the 3rd makes it worth it.

To create a post please Login or Register
        Question:
        Options:
        Add Option
        Submit Poll