SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Top 5 teams…who do you want?

Top 5 teams…who do you want?

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: westcoasthabslifer
Published: Apr. 29 at 12:40 a.m.
Description
Just put in the top 15 by the draft order listed here. But SJ,Chicago,Anaheim,Columbus fans, who do you want if drafting 2-4?? And who do you think your team will likely take?
Apr. 29 at 7:11 a.m.
I can't speak for the other teams, but Anaheim needs a RHD, not a LHD, but a right-handed defenceman. I think ANA's main target is Artyom Levshunov. If Levshunov is off the board, then they could potentially reach for Zayne Parekh or potentially Carter Yakemchuk if ANA prefers size over skill. If Anaheim gets caught in an awkward situation where Artyom Levshunov is off the board and they don't want to reach for a RHD. They could select either Ivan Demidov or Cayden Lindstrom. smile
Apr. 29 at 8:06 a.m.
Quoting: ItsDuckSeason
I can't speak for the other teams, but Anaheim needs a RHD, not a LHD, but a right-handed defenceman. I think ANA's main target is Artyom Levshunov. If Levshunov is off the board, then they could potentially reach for Zayne Parekh or potentially Carter Yakemchuk if ANA prefers size over skill. If Anaheim gets caught in an awkward situation where Artyom Levshunov is off the board and they don't want to reach for a RHD. They could select either Ivan Demidov or Cayden Lindstrom. smile

With Ottawa in the same position, Parekh at 3 wouldn't be a reach. Guy could go 2nd and it wouldn't surprise me I think his upside is ridiculous.
Apr. 29 at 10:44 a.m.

Quoting: GDubb2Shiesty
With Ottawa in the same position, Parekh at 3 wouldn't be a reach. Guy could go 2nd and it wouldn't surprise me I think his upside is ridiculous.

Same with Chicago. RHD is a gap as well as top 6 forwards, but LHD is stacked already so very unlikely Chicago would consider LHD even though Silayev is a stud
Apr. 29 at 1:26 p.m.
Sharks need anything, literally just best player available

Chicago needs a top 6 winger or RHD

Anaheim desperately needs a RHD

Columbus needs a centre behind Fantilli, they have reportedly also liked Dickinson specifically

Montreal needs forwards, they have all the left and right shot D's they could need

So assuming that the order right now is the final order, and also Anaheim and Chicago look at next year as a forward heavy draft (which is what I think they will do), I see it going:

1) SJS: Celebrini
2) CHI: Levshunov
3) ANA: Parekh
4) CBJ: Lindstrom
5) MTL: Demidov
Apr. 29 at 8:41 p.m.
Quoting: ReadyToGetFlamed
Sharks need anything, literally just best player available

Chicago needs a top 6 winger or RHD

Anaheim desperately needs a RHD

Columbus needs a centre behind Fantilli, they have reportedly also liked Dickinson specifically

Montreal needs forwards, they have all the left and right shot D's they could need

So assuming that the order right now is the final order, and also Anaheim and Chicago look at next year as a forward heavy draft (which is what I think they will do), I see it going:

1) SJS: Celebrini
2) CHI: Levshunov
3) ANA: Parekh
4) CBJ: Lindstrom
5) MTL: Demidov

Sharks do have some solid prospects, still BPA has to be the focus, don’t look for the sharks to take any Russians this draft though! Our Russian scout was less than worthless and was fired midway through the year so we have little to no scouting on any Russians not over in the states already.
And while Demidov is appealing, getting a guy top 3 with no scouting is very dangerous. Same with Silayev.
I will say the sharks a strongest at LW and LD so if those 2 positions are on the board sharks might reach a bit for a C or RD to fill bigger needs.
ReadyToGetFlamed liked this.
Apr. 30 at 12:08 p.m.
Edited Apr. 30 at 12:17 p.m.
Quoting: Rob32sjsharks
Sharks do have some solid prospects, still BPA has to be the focus, don’t look for the sharks to take any Russians this draft though! Our Russian scout was less than worthless and was fired midway through the year so we have little to no scouting on any Russians not over in the states already.
And while Demidov is appealing, getting a guy top 3 with no scouting is very dangerous. Same with Silayev.
I will say the sharks a strongest at LW and LD so if those 2 positions are on the board sharks might reach a bit for a C or RD to fill bigger needs.

Very interesting, I never heard about the Russian scout being fired, was he the only Russian scout they had? Also I think RD is more likely if the don't get Celebrini, cause they have Musty and Bystedt as good C prospects. The only RHD I could find that was decent was Hävelid and he definitely isn't 1st pair calibre like a Levshunov or Parekh could be.
Rob32sjsharks liked this.
Apr. 30 at 3:03 p.m.
Quoting: ReadyToGetFlamed
Very interesting, I never heard about the Russian scout being fired, was he the only Russian scout they had? Also I think RD is more likely if the don't get Celebrini, cause they have Musty and Bystedt as good C prospects. The only RHD I could find that was decent was Hävelid and he definitely isn't 1st pair calibre like a Levshunov or Parekh could be.

Yea we only had 1 Russian scout and he wasn’t good, apparently he didn’t have any real knowledge or scouting reports and was let go, not sure if we hired another Russian scout but even if we already have he didn’t have enough time to settle in and provide any real scouting breakdowns.

Musty is a LW
Smith is their best C prospect (and prospect overall) but I have a feeling he ends up more a RW where we can shelter his defensive liability and utilize his offensive skill.
And while Lund Bystedt and Edstrom are all decent C prospects sharks are lacking a true #1 C so getting Celebrini would be huge for us, after him Levshunov has to be the top target after that I would venture Lindstrom or Parekh maybe but don’t be surprised if sharks end up 3OA and Levshunov and Celebrini are gone that they trade down
sharksdoee liked this.
Apr. 30 at 3:37 p.m.

Quoting: ChiHawk
Same with Chicago. RHD is a gap as well as top 6 forwards, but LHD is stacked already so very unlikely Chicago would consider LHD even though Silayev is a stud

Quoting: GDubb2Shiesty

Honestly, same for Columbus. Jiricek is the only RHD prospect in the system that looks like he could crack the NHL anytime soon, or be a top-4 option. The issue is we already have a ton of offensive-minded D (Werenski, Mateychuk, Boqvist, Severson, Bean), so someone like Parekh or Dickinson doesn't really fill the need.

I'd like to see another center prospect, a top-flight winger, or a shutdown/dominant RHD, and this draft has a ton of good options.

In order of personal preference:
1. Celebrini
2. Levshunov
3. Demidov
4. Lindstrom
5. Catton
6. Yakemchuk

We'd be guaranteed to have at least one of those guys on the board by the time we pick, and I'd be very happy with any of them. Even if we take a LHD like Dickinson or Silayev, I wouldn't be mad.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll