Best Team Fits

Best Team Fits

Draft Class: 2024
Created By: Logicalicesports
Published: Apr. 29 at 1:24 p.m.
Description
Got a little wild with it
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Arizona CoyotesArizona Coyotes (6→1)
  2. Logo of the Seattle KrakenSeattle Kraken (8→2)
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
2Logo of the Seattle Kraken-Seattle gets their Franchise Defenseman which is much needed with the prospects they have up front.
3Logo of the San Jose Sharks-San Jose needs to take the best player they can get. a legit top line winger that is maybe the best Russian prospect in the past 10 years. (YES BETTER THAN MICHKOV) he might not have the same type but he is an animal.
4Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-Chicago needs more RHD prospects outside of Rinzel. I believe Yakemchuk is better than Parekh so they go with the best RHD on the board.
5Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-The Ducks really need a high end right wing prospect and Helenius is looking like the second best RW prospect after Demidov.
6Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus could round out their centers in an order of Fantilli, Catton and Sillinger as a very talented and deep center ice group.
7Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-The Canadians need to get tougher, Lindstrom is a big body with skill that would not only add some grit but also round out their need of a great 2C behind Suzuki.
8Logo of the Ottawa Senators-The Silayev slide stops with the Sens. The get a second elite LHD to go behind Sanderson or even pair with him as Silayev has been playing the right side in the KHL.
9Logo of the Calgary Flames-This is obvious and everyone sees it even though there are some elite talents left on the board.
10Logo of the New Jersey Devils-The Devils get a steal of Defenseman at 10th overall. Their LHD would now look like Dickinson, Hughes and Bahl going forward.
11Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Sabres need is clearly RHD and Parekh is projected to be anywhere from top 5 to top 15 so this isn't really a slide. Would definitely help the sabres right side of the blueline immediately.
12Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Philly gets the left side of their future top pairing to go with either Drysdale or Bonk.
13Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Minny gets a legit top goal scorer. He can be taught the rest of his game, but the goal scoring and shot is something special and will be an elite talent in the near future after developing his skating and defensive zone.
14Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsThe Sharks reach slightly for a solid RHD which is a huge Franchise need, they can make this reach as they already got a huge piece in Demidov earlier.
15Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-The Wings could certainly use another RW prospect, They are pretty well set everywhere else. Could trade this pick for a goaltender but we will see what happens.
16Logo of the St. Louis Blues-The Blues should probably be focusing on getting a defenseman with their first pick this year. Hutson has proved to be an elite puck moving defenseman in college and could be a solid building block for their back end going forward.
17Logo of the Washington Capitals-One of the more NHL ready players in the draft and my hope for the Capitals to draft. Needs on defense can be postponed as we really only need RHD and there are no other current options at this pick and the 1-2 punch of Leonard and MBN would be great for years to come.
18Logo of the New York Islanders-Islanders are a BPA type of team that needs to work on their prospect depth pretty much everywhere.
19Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-Vegas could really use a good defensive prospect. Realistically they have traded most of their prospects so they could use anything.
20Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Tampa Bay LightningChicago got a defenseman earlier in the draft and should look into getting some more winger depth. Greentree is a beast and a steal of a pick at 20th.
21Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-LA gets a high end winger that has matured a lot over the past several months and could add great offensive depth in the near future.
22Logo of the Nashville Predators-The Preds grab a legit wing prospect that is arguably the second best Russian Forward in the draft.
23Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs-Leafs are a BPA type team
24Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Edmonton OilersI see Stiga going in the late teens and early 20's. The Ducks would be a great landing spot for him with all the young talent already in action there.
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-The Avs add another Ritchie to the prospect pool.
26Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the Boston BruinsLegit top 6 RW that will have some time to develop before being called upon by the Sens
27Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Vancouver CanucksUnderrated talent that the Flames take advantage of in the late first.
28Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Florida PanthersPhilly Trades this pick to the Capitals along with Ryan Johansen for Nick Dowd, Vegas' Second Round Selection, and the Bruin's Third Round Selection. Capitals Select Henry Mews, a huge position of need in the Washington depth charts.
29Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Winnipeg JetsFitting pick for the Habs, not only do they get the Son of a former legend but they get a monster of a center at 6'8".
30Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-Freij falls further than most would think landing with the Hurricanes, he fits their style of play and would be ideal for their organization.
31Logo of the Dallas Stars-Dallas is very good drafting in the first round and they see the product that Howe has become with and without playing with top talent like Bedard and takes the shot on selecting him.
32Logo of the New York Rangers-The Rangers do not shy away from drafting Russian talent. Artamonov is a great player that could very well be the steal of the first round in a few years.
ROUND 2TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
33Logo of the San Jose Sharks-The fist goaltender gets taken at the start of the second round. San Jose gets a kid that has played well in the OHL and should be rising up some draft boards. The rest of the picks will have no comment unless I feel like it.
34Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
35Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-
36Logo of the Philadelphia FlyersLogo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
37Logo of the Winnipeg JetsLogo of the Montreal Canadiens
39Logo of the Ottawa Senators-
40Logo of the Seattle Kraken-
41Logo of the Calgary Flames-
42Logo of the San Jose SharksLogo of the New Jersey Devils
43Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-Fitting
44Logo of the Pittsburgh PenguinsLogo of the Philadelphia Flyers
45Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Super underrated winger with great vision.
46Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
47Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-
48Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
49Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Washington Capitals
50Logo of the New York Islanders-
51Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
52Logo of the Washington CapitalsLogo of the Vegas Golden KnightsFlyers Pick
53Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
54Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Los Angeles Kings
55Logo of the Nashville Predators-
56Logo of the St. Louis BluesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
57Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
58Logo of the Montreal CanadiensLogo of the Colorado Avalanche
59Logo of the Anaheim DucksLogo of the Boston Bruins
60Logo of the Chicago BlackhawksLogo of the Vancouver Canucks
61Logo of the Arizona CoyotesLogo of the Florida PanthersHave had good luck with Swiss defensemen recently
62Logo of the Nashville PredatorsLogo of the Winnipeg Jets
63Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
64Logo of the Calgary FlamesLogo of the Dallas Stars
65Logo of the Seattle KrakenLogo of the New York Rangers
Apr. 29 at 1:25 p.m.
I mixed up the sizes of Satan Jr. and Koivu. My bad
Apr. 29 at 1:57 p.m.
Caps fan idk why
Quoting: Logicalicesports
I mixed up the sizes of Satan Jr. and Koivu. My bad

Nabokov is likely going mid to late 2nd round. Best goalie in this draft
Apr. 29 at 2:00 p.m.
Quoting: Capitalfail67
Nabokov is likely going mid to late 2nd round. Best goalie in this draft

I completely forgot I missed him. You are correct there
Capitalfail67 liked this.
Apr. 29 at 2:14 p.m.
Jesse Pullkinnen?
Apr. 29 at 2:35 p.m.
Quoting: BDHockey
Jesse Pullkinnen?

3rd Round Selection in the draft
Apr. 29 at 2:36 p.m.
3rd Round Selection in the draft

Fair enough. I'm kind of hoping my team grabs him in the second.
Apr. 29 at 2:39 p.m.
Quoting: BDHockey
Fair enough. I'm kind of hoping my team grabs him in the second.

Who knows what will happen. The only thing I can say for certain is Iggy's son will be a Flame
BDHockey liked this.
Apr. 29 at 2:55 p.m.
Who knows what will happen. The only thing I can say for certain is Iggy's son will be a Flame

Unless the Habs nab him.
Apr. 29 at 2:58 p.m.
It seems more likely than not that Johansen is going to either LTIR or just be bought out, if Philly were to move a 1st I definitely don't see it being for cap flexibility and depth moves. Agree with a lot of the writeups, Hage seems incredibly low here though
Apr. 29 at 3:09 p.m.
My hot takes on where guys fit…

MIN trades up for Buium
PHI takes the big active center in Boisvert

Sahlin Wallenius goes before Freij
Apr. 29 at 3:27 p.m.
Best fit: Hey Devils you love log jams at D? here you go. Wouldnt the best fit be A BIG WINGER or evn Eisermen why do ppl think NJ needs more Dmen. Minny will trade with NJ if Buium fall hell any dmen fall top 10 Nj need to trade the pick.
Apr. 29 at 4:41 p.m.
Quoting: DH28Hockey
It seems more likely than not that Johansen is going to either LTIR or just be bought out, if Philly were to move a 1st I definitely don't see it being for cap flexibility and depth moves. Agree with a lot of the writeups, Hage seems incredibly low here though

He is, I have him slipping out of the first round
Apr. 29 at 4:43 p.m.
Quoting: TyeZerker
Best fit: Hey Devils you love log jams at D? here you go. Wouldnt the best fit be A BIG WINGER or evn Eisermen why do ppl think NJ needs more Dmen. Minny will trade with NJ if Buium fall hell any dmen fall top 10 Nj need to trade the pick.

They have a decent left side but they could use another high end left handed defenseman to be a 1-2 punch for hughes.
Apr. 29 at 4:44 p.m.
He is, I have him slipping out of the first round

Curious as to why you think that, I know his omission from the U18 was noteworthy, but from a DY performance/position/style perspective he strikes me as closer to a top-15 candidate than a 2nd round faller
Apr. 29 at 4:47 p.m.
Quoting: DH28Hockey
Curious as to why you think that, I know his omission from the U18 was noteworthy, but from a DY performance/position/style perspective he strikes me as closer to a top-15 candidate than a 2nd round faller

I have the injury he suffered delaying his pick with some hesitancy from teams. yes he rebounded very well, but I still think it will factor into the pick unless his combine is flat out insane and the medical records show he is 100% healed.

The risk of re-injury in my eyes is going to have his name called later
DH28Hockey liked this.
Apr. 29 at 8:23 p.m.
Sanderson - Silayev could be very interesting. Sens could also play it safe with Buium/Dickinson.

Silayev, Luchanko and Hemming I would be very happy with that draft honestly tho.
Apr. 30 at 1:18 a.m.
If Levshunov is off the board, Chicago takes Catton, Demidov or Lindstrom. Also Hage is someone they will target later
Apr. 30 at 9:40 a.m.
Josh Anderson Sucks
I like Sacha Boisvert but his upside is lower than Sitga and Connelly IMO, so we go that way if it were up to me. However, Lou probably goes someone random like Jecho lol
Apr. 30 at 11:07 a.m.
Edited Apr. 30 at 11:18 a.m.
Quoting: TyeZerker

They have a decent left side but they could use another high end left handed defenseman to be a 1-2 punch for hughes.

TyeZerker is 100% correct. No way Devils draft a top defensemen here. They'd get paid a healthy ransom to fill roles they actually need if Dickinson is available at 10.

Also, Blues will not draft another undersized transitional defensemen. They do not fit their system. ie Krug, Perunovich. Devils/Blues could be perfect trade scenario with the way your projected draft is though.
Apr. 30 at 9:17 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: StutzlesNumber1Fan
Sanderson - Silayev could be very interesting. Sens could also play it safe with Buium/Dickinson.

Silayev, Luchanko and Hemming I would be very happy with that draft honestly tho.

I’m done with trying left shots on the right side . Take a RD . If it’s a reach then just take a forward
StutzlesNumber1Fan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll