Forums/Armchair-GM

I feel bad for Pens fans

Created by: Brad_Treliving
Team: 2024-25 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: May 3, 2024
Published: May 3, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
It's going to be a tough 7 years for Pens fans. Enjoy those Denis Malgins, Alex Kerfeets, Pierre Engvalls, Tyson NoBarries, and Justin Holls. We are already seeing it with Erik Karlsson, Ryan Graves, Michael Bunting, and Jesse Puljujarvi
Free Agent Signings
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$1,100,000
3$1,100,000
Trades
ARI
  1. 2025 3rd round pick (PIT)
TOR
  1. 2024 2nd round pick (PIT)
  2. 2024 6th round pick (PIT)
PIT
  1. 2024 6th round pick (SEA)
DET
    FC
    Buyouts
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the PHI
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the SEA
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the NYR
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    Logo of the PIT
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    22$87,700,000$80,841,009$0$57,500$6,858,991
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    LW, RW
    RFA
    Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
    $8,700,000$8,700,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 1
    $5,125,000$5,125,000
    RW, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $6,100,000$6,100,000
    C
    NMC
    UFA - 2
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $925,000$925,000
    LW
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $800,000$800,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $900,000$900,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $2,450,000$2,450,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    RW, LW
    RFA
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $4,025,175$4,025,175
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $10,000,000$10,000,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 3
    $5,375,000$5,375,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 4
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 5
    $6,100,000$6,100,000
    RD
    NMC
    UFA - 4
    $886,667$886,667 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
    G
    RFA - 2
    Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $1,100,000$1,100,000
    RD
    RFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    C, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $775,000$775,000
    LD
    RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    May 3 at 1:25 p.m.
    Give it up already 😂; vendettas against people who don’t know you are kind weird and pathetic. Starting to wonder if Dubas owes you money or worse
    SydBarrett and TheEarthmaster liked this.
    May 3 at 1:26 p.m.
    Syd Barret
    Don't feel bad? Pens have 5 cups in the last 35 years.
    Undisputed best team of the cap era. Pens fans know of the cost of being the best team. Gonna be rough years ahead but that's the cost of maximizing sids prime.
    Who you should feel bad for are lafs fans. When was their last cup win?
    heck, when was the last time they even played in a conference final? That is pretty embarrassing for "Canada's team"
    May 3 at 1:26 p.m.
    I'd have to imagine Yzerman saying "Yes!" as quickly as possible while immediately faxing over the confirmation of trade and then yelling "no give backs!" before hanging up the phone
    DanielSan92 liked this.
    May 3 at 1:37 p.m.
    Danny B is here
    You act like the NHL isn’t going to rig the lottery to get the first pick like they did with Lemieux and Crosby and for the Blackhawks last year with Bedard. Just threaten relocation or have a giant sexual assault scandal and the league will shut all of that talk down with winning the lottery
    May 3 at 2:22 p.m.
    That's weird because everyone of us feels bad for you lol
    SydBarrett liked this.
    May 3 at 2:24 p.m.
    I feel bad for Arizona fans and Sabers fans. Pens fans can use their recent cups to help them through the pain
    SydBarrett liked this.
    May 3 at 2:24 p.m.
    Quoting: MitchJr
    Give it up already 😂; vendettas against people who don’t know you are kind weird and pathetic. Starting to wonder if Dubas owes you money or worse

Hope not. Dubas blew all his money on four players.
    May 3 at 2:25 p.m.
    Quoting: GMDannyB
    You act like the NHL isn’t going to rig the lottery to get the first pick like they did with Lemieux and Crosby and for the Blackhawks last year with Bedard. Just threaten relocation or have a giant sexual assault scandal and the league will shut all of that talk down with winning the lottery

There was no lottery for Mario - and please tell me you don't actually believe they rigged the Crosby pick for the Pens haha
    SydBarrett liked this.
    May 3 at 2:28 p.m.
    Tank it baby
    Somehow I think Pens fans are good with their 3 recent Cups. LOL
    SydBarrett liked this.
    May 3 at 2:29 p.m.
    Tank it baby
    Quoting: jaysinhorror
    I'd have to imagine Yzerman saying "Yes!" as quickly as possible while immediately faxing over the confirmation of trade and then yelling "no give backs!" before hanging up the phone

Yzerman would be like Brad Pitt in the movie Moneyball after he made the Rincon trade with Cleveland. LOL
    jaysinhorror liked this.
    May 3 at 2:31 p.m.
    Syd Barret
    Quoting: JSEB93
    There was no lottery for Mario - and please tell me you don't actually believe they rigged the Crosby pick for the Pens haha

Kinda funny to see sad chirps like this coming from a team that hasn't won since 1975.
    Remember when they all acted like Claude was better than Sid lmao. Some of the funniest comments and ideas I have ever seen tears of joy
    May 3 at 2:36 p.m.
    Danny B is here

I’m not a conspiracy theorist but the league has a few instances of teams winning the lottery after major issues happen with the organization. Penguins threatening relocation and Chicago’s sexual assault scandal are just two instances of it.

The NHL is a business, making sure giant organizations like Chicago and Pittsburgh are only being talked about in a positive way for decades drives more money.

You can choose to believe whatever you want but people also never believed referees were picking and choosing when to call penalties until they started getting caught on hotmics
    JSEB93 liked this.
    May 3 at 3:45 p.m.
    I’m not a conspiracy theorist but the league has a few instances of teams winning the lottery after major issues happen with the organization. Penguins threatening relocation and Chicago’s sexual assault scandal are just two instances of it.

The NHL is a business, making sure giant organizations like Chicago and Pittsburgh are only being talked about in a positive way for decades drives more money.

You can choose to believe whatever you want but people also never believed referees were picking and choosing when to call penalties until they started getting caught on hotmics

Okay cool - just wanted to make sure haha. The Pens had the highest odds in the Crosby sweepstakes - so there's really no reason to think they were given special treatment or the lottery was rigged for them. If they made some giant leap up, then I can at least see people pointing to that as "evidence". Also, what makes the Pens a giant organization? They're bottom half of the league valuation wise(would've been much lower around the time of the 05 lottery) and Pittsburgh is a small city. That argument might make sense for Chicago, but I don't really think it applies to Pittsburgh. If the NHL wanted to benefit a big organization they would've sent Crosby to New York. There's also been multiple teams that either relocated, or thought about relocating since the lottery was introduced, so why wouldn't the league haven given them the top pick as well?

As for Chicago, if anything, I think them winning the lottery was bad for the league in my eyes. It brought significantly more attention to the organizational issues - and even had people complaining that they were even allowed to keep the pick. To me it definitely brought more negative attention to the league than positive.

Sure - we can all believe what we want. And who doesn't love a good conspiracy theory haha. I just don't see any evidence that there's some nefarious things going on with the lottery, specifically those two as well.
    May 3 at 4:31 p.m.
    DNP1932
    Should probably worry about treliving more than dubas, the dude seems to have his own “players” just big or chippy guys, the D core looks awful. And while i dont like everything about Dubas i think hes done an alright job.
    RipNasty liked this.
    May 3 at 6:47 p.m.
    Quoting: DNP1932
    Should probably worry about treliving more than dubas, the dude seems to have his own “players” just big or chippy guys, the D core looks awful. And while i dont like everything about Dubas i think hes done an alright job.

Im taking the Leafs defense group over whatever that is in PIT
    May 3 at 7:03 p.m.
    DNP1932
    Quoting: Brad_Treliving
    Im taking the Leafs defense group over whatever that is in PIT

Lmao, that’s crazy, not saying either is good, but I’m gonna go with the pens blue line. Unless you take age into account I guess
    May 3 at 8:24 p.m.
    SkateOrDie
    penguins decline all of those trades, just awful.

Don't feel bad for us, we didn't feel bad beating all of you on the way to cups.

We actually look forward to the rebuild process, hope some other teams who were on the bottom get their chance. Looking at you CBJ
    May 4 at 2:00 p.m.
    Rip
    Quoting: SydBarrett
    Don't feel bad? Pens have 5 cups in the last 35 years.
    Undisputed best team of the cap era. Pens fans know of the cost of being the best team. Gonna be rough years ahead but that's the cost of maximizing sids prime.
    Who you should feel bad for are lafs fans. When was their last cup win?
    heck, when was the last time they even played in a conference final? That is pretty embarrassing for "Canada's team"

Don't pile on us for this guys Dubas hate. He's lost and isn't a leaf fan. Just a Dubas hater
    May 4 at 2:02 p.m.
    Rip
    That's weird because everyone of us feels bad for you lol

Don't feel bad for him, and please leaf fans out of this. This guy has a crazy obsession with Dubas and Dennis Malgin. It's beyond weird.
    JSEB93 liked this.
    May 4 at 2:05 p.m.
    Rip
    Quoting: DanielSan92
    Hope not. Dubas blew all his money on four players.

It's funny how this is bad but none of those players signed for as big a cap percentage as Crosby did when he signed his last deal and much less percentage than Malkin. It's a perspective thing and at this point considering how many teams have a top heavy pay structure (show me a team that doesn't, or at least doesn't have multiple bad contracts that hamper their cap more than elite players). Dubas didn't overpay anyone. It was a rising market and the pandemic kept the cap level for several seasons. Just let go of this nonsense rhetoric.
    May 4 at 2:05 p.m.
    Rip

This conspiracy theory thought to a T. Correlation does not equal causation.
    May 4 at 2:06 p.m.
    Rip
    Quoting: DNP1932
    Lmao, that’s crazy, not saying either is good, but I’m gonna go with the pens blue line. Unless you take age into account I guess

They both aren't great.
    May 4 at 3:13 p.m.
    DNP1932
    Quoting: RipNasty
    They both aren't great.

Nope, youre right lol, it be a lot different if graves wasnt a black hole, probably wouldve made the playoffs if he played up to expectations, but nothing we can do, most pens fans were super excited and thought it was a great signing. Things just dont always work out, cant totally blame dubas for that. I wanted gavrikov but he got signed before hitting FA sadly.
    May 4 at 4:42 p.m.
    Quoting: RipNasty
    It's funny how this is bad but none of those players signed for as big a cap percentage as Crosby did when he signed his last deal and much less percentage than Malkin. It's a perspective thing and at this point considering how many teams have a top heavy pay structure (show me a team that doesn't, or at least doesn't have multiple bad contracts that hamper their cap more than elite players). Dubas didn't overpay anyone. It was a rising market and the pandemic kept the cap level for several seasons. Just let go of this nonsense rhetoric.

When your justification is "None of them signed for what Crosby did."

Yeah... Because none of them are ****ing Crosby lol.
    May 4 at 5:08 p.m.
    Rip
    Quoting: DanielSan92
    When your justification is "None of them signed for what Crosby did."

Yeah... Because none of them are ****ing Crosby lol.

You're missing the point big time. Even Matthews new deal which is the biggest in the league, that is still a smaller cap percentage than Crosby signed for. And Matthews is a top 3 player in the game. He isn't overpaid. Neither is Marner or Willy. JT at the time left money on the table to play in TO and he has 1 year left before getting a massive pay cut. But this is cap friendly, where all that matters is making stuff up to make bad articles.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll