2. 2024 2nd round pick (LAK)
CHI
  1. Kämpf, David
  2. Minten, Fraser
  3. Reaves, Ryan
  4. Robertson, Nicholas
  5. 2024 1st round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Kampf and Reeves are simply added to try and balance the salary of Jones without Chicago having to retain salary.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$87,700,000$86,346,334$0$0$1,353,666
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA
$13,250,000$13,250,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$1,350,000$1,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
RFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$11,500,000$11,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 8
$800,000$800,000
C, LW
RFA - 1
$904,667$904,667
LW, C
RFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA
$2,100,000$2,100,000
RW, C, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
RFA
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RW
UFA
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
RFA
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,500,000$7,500,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 6
$766,667$766,667
G
RFA - 1
$1,350,000$1,350,000
LD
UFA - 3
$1,100,000$1,100,000
RD
RFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 6 at 12:02 p.m.
I don't mind a deal around MM for a Binnington/Parayko but STL will want more.

The Chicago deal is not needed Leaf's need to save the limited number of assets they have and fix the D via UFAs
May 6 at 12:07 p.m.
Quoting: kous
I don't mind a deal around MM for a Binnington/Parayko but STL will want more.

The Chicago deal is not needed Leaf's need to save the limited number of assets they have and fix the D via UFAs

Jones is being brought in to help fix the defense
May 6 at 12:08 p.m.
If CHI wanted to move on from Jones and his contract for some reason, this might be interesting to some extent, but they don't... Or at least, they shouldn't. This would also be a big step backward, which is the opposite of what our GM has stated he wants to accomplish next season. Unless they have some other trade(s) worked out and/or free agents they are making space for and Jones asks for a trade.
Hawksguy81 liked this.
May 6 at 12:17 p.m.
St. Louis does this if Marner signs an 8 year X 2 million contract
May 6 at 12:24 p.m.
Quoting: Kato
Jones is being brought in to help fix the defense

I get that but they can do it without trading away Minten, the 1st and cost effective player like Robinson. They can go after UFAs. They don't have any cap space next year but will have lots the year after.
May 6 at 12:25 p.m.
Quoting: Garak
If CHI wanted to move on from Jones and his contract for some reason, this might be interesting to some extent, but they don't... Or at least, they shouldn't. This would also be a big step backward, which is the opposite of what our GM has stated he wants to accomplish next season. Unless they have some other trade(s) worked out and/or free agents they are making space for and Jones asks for a trade.

The reason I made for trading Jones is that he doesn't really fit with the Blackhawks timeline. He's 29 now and the Blackhawks will be out of the playoffs for at least 2 more years and maybe more beyond that. Then they will take their lumps in the playoffs for a couple of seasons. By that point Jones is nearing 35 and probably declining so you don't get much from him when you really need it. Minten is a middle six center. Probably best suited as a top end 3C and he fits with the Bedard timeline. Robertson has really good scoring ability he just needs top play in the top 6. If he got the chance to play with Bedard I think he could be a 30+ goal guy. He's also young enough to fit into a future core. The other guys just finish out their contract in Chicago. Reeves makes sure a team doesn't take liberties with Bedard and Kampf is a responsible defensive center that wins draws and kills penalties. He's a guy that a contending team would have interest in at the deadline with less term on his deal and he can probably get back a 3rd at the deadline if they wanted to move off him.
Garak liked this.
May 6 at 12:28 p.m.
mokumboi
The Blues are not a suitor for Marner. Not happening.
May 6 at 12:29 p.m.
I get that but they can do it without trading away Minten, the 1st and cost effective player like Robinson. They can go after UFAs. They don't have any cap space next year but will have lots the year after.

You won't get anyone with the upside of Jones. You'll either get guys who are puck movers but cant handle physicality or giants who can't move the puck. There is a luxury to that type of player. It's hard to get a right shot player that can do that and be your new number 1 defenseman. The top guys in free agency like Montour and Pesce don't offer what Jones can. Hanafin would have but he's off the market so if you want a guy that can play both sides of defense and that is big you need to pay up for it in trade.
May 6 at 12:34 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
The Blues are not a suitor for Marner. Not happening.

I think the Blues are not running it back after missing the playoffs so their will be moves made. I actually think they are one of the top destinations for Marner. I don't see them entering a rebuild so getting faster helps in the West if they want to be in the playoffs next season.
May 6 at 12:36 p.m.
mokumboi
I think the Blues are not running it back after missing the playoffs so their will be moves made. I actually think they are one of the top destinations for Marner. I don't see them entering a rebuild so getting faster helps in the West if they want to be in the playoffs next season.

The Blues are not a destination for Marner at all. And definitely not for that package.
May 6 at 12:37 p.m.
Hawks easily decline. This trade is essentially Jones and a 2nd for Minten and a 1st. Robertson, Kampf and Reaves add zero value from Hawks perspective. Trading their minute munching #1 RD for more futures does nothing to help the Hawks improve this season. The stated goal of GM Kyle from Chicago.
Garak and PaulKorea liked this.
May 6 at 12:37 p.m.
The reason I made for trading Jones is that he doesn't really fit with the Blackhawks timeline. He's 29 now and the Blackhawks will be out of the playoffs for at least 2 more years and maybe more beyond that. Then they will take their lumps in the playoffs for a couple of seasons. By that point Jones is nearing 35 and probably declining so you don't get much from him when you really need it. Minten is a middle six center. Probably best suited as a top end 3C and he fits with the Bedard timeline. Robertson has really good scoring ability he just needs top play in the top 6. If he got the chance to play with Bedard I think he could be a 30+ goal guy. He's also young enough to fit into a future core. The other guys just finish out their contract in Chicago. Reeves makes sure a team doesn't take liberties with Bedard and Kampf is a responsible defensive center that wins draws and kills penalties. He's a guy that a contending team would have interest in at the deadline with less term on his deal and he can probably get back a 3rd at the deadline if they wanted to move off him.

Sure. I am very familiar with all of the players involved. I have scouted most drafted prospects/players to some extent from the entire league. Reaves played in CHI's division for a long time, and Kampf came into the NHL with the Blackhawks. But CHI has no reason to sell low on Jones. Trading up a round, taking on two cap dumps, a reclamation project, and a possible future bottom 6 center, is not a very alluring proposal.

What I was trying to say is that CHI is not looking to move on from Jones, and if they were he is a lot more valuable than this.
Hawksguy81 liked this.
May 6 at 1:27 p.m.
You won't get anyone with the upside of Jones. You'll either get guys who are puck movers but cant handle physicality or giants who can't move the puck. There is a luxury to that type of player. It's hard to get a right shot player that can do that and be your new number 1 defenseman. The top guys in free agency like Montour and Pesce don't offer what Jones can. Hanafin would have but he's off the market so if you want a guy that can play both sides of defense and that is big you need to pay up for it in trade.

But its not a luxury the Leaf's can afford with their current CAP hit and prospect pool.
May 6 at 2:12 p.m.

Robertson has basically no value. Minten and the late 1st are only things of value in that trade. Reaves and Kampf are negative value for Hawks. So this deal doesn't get off the ground.
PaulKorea liked this.
May 6 at 2:16 p.m.
The reason I made for trading Jones is that he doesn't really fit with the Blackhawks timeline. He's 29 now and the Blackhawks will be out of the playoffs for at least 2 more years and maybe more beyond that. Then they will take their lumps in the playoffs for a couple of seasons. By that point Jones is nearing 35 and probably declining so you don't get much from him when you really need it.

Jones' value to the Hawks is the veteran presence on the right had side of the D pairings. Hawks NHL ready prospect depth is LD. They don't have RD close to NHL. Jones steadies the ship to get he LD acclimated until others can come in and fill in the right side. As the cap goes up Jones deal look less and less like an anchor. He is not hurting the team at all now. Maybe in 2-3 years Hawks trade him when the retention cost is lower. But trading him now is like putting a giant hole in the side of their ship.
May 6 at 2:30 p.m.
Quoting: klassic
Robertson has basically no value. Minten and the late 1st are only things of value in that trade. Reaves and Kampf are negative value for Hawks. So this deal doesn't get off the ground.

I disagreed with Robinson he's 22 and produced a 20 goal clip in a limited role. The Leaf's need cost controlled players
May 6 at 2:47 p.m.
I disagreed with Robinson he's 22 and produced a 20 goal clip in a limited role. The Leaf's need cost controlled players

Awesome. Hawks don't need more bottom 6 wingers. Reclamation projects don't have the value you are projecting. Keep him yourself. I am sure the deal to sign him will be cheap since he can't stay healthy.
PaulKorea liked this.
May 6 at 4:34 p.m.
I think Seth Jones will be moved either this off-season or sometime next season. It's clear that they will make Bedard the next captain of the team. You also don't want to be retaining on a contract and move him later on when you really need the cap space to compete. Always better to move a player a year too early than a year too late.

Minten has the value of a first rounder that can come in and play right away. Robinson has the potential to develop in a top 6 role which will be tough to come by in Toronto but not too difficult in Chicago. It's all about fits. Jones doesn't really fit with the timeliness the Blackhawks are currently in and wasting his prime years doesn't make sense. It's less than they paid to get him but he's also a lot more expensive and older now. It allows them to get some valuable pieces that can grow with Bedard from game 1 of next season.
May 6 at 4:50 p.m.
I think Seth Jones will be moved either this off-season or sometime next season. It's clear that they will make Bedard the next captain of the team. You also don't want to be retaining on a contract and move him later on when you really need the cap space to compete. Always better to move a player a year too early than a year too late.

Minten has the value of a first rounder that can come in and play right away. Robinson has the potential to develop in a top 6 role which will be tough to come by in Toronto but not too difficult in Chicago. It's all about fits. Jones doesn't really fit with the timeliness the Blackhawks are currently in and wasting his prime years doesn't make sense. It's less than they paid to get him but he's also a lot more expensive and older now. It allows them to get some valuable pieces that can grow with Bedard from game 1 of next season.

Did you read anything I said? Leafs fans are just clueless. Hawks aren't trading Jones unless it is an over pay. Hawks aren't retaining for 6 years on Jones. He has WAY more value to Hawks than what you are offering right now. He may not have that value to your team. But he does to the Hawks.

Same thing I have said time and time again about Foligno. He has way more value in the Hawks locker room right now. I wouldn't take his leadership lightly and Foligno over Bedard at this point in their career is the more likely Captain.
May 7 at 12:30 a.m.
There is a zero percent chance the next captain of the Chicago Blackhawks is not Bedard

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll