Forums/Armchair-GM

Helenius to Anaheim

Created by: NHLInsider67
Team: 2023-24 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: May 6, 2024
Published: May 6, 2024
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
If the rumours about Anaheim wanting Helenius are true, Montreal HAS to do whatever they can to trade for Anaheim’s pick (assuming that Anaheim picks ahead of the Canadiens)
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Demidov, Ivan
3$950,000
Trades
MTL
  1. Zegras, Trevor
  2. 2024 1st round pick (ANA)
ANA
  1. Barron, Justin
  2. Guhle, Kaiden
  3. 2024 1st round pick (MTL)
  4. 2025 2nd round pick (MTL)
Additional Details:
Probably need to add a bit more, not sure what though
MTL
  1. 2025 1st round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
I’m completely unsure of Matheson’s value, but he has to go because we have too many defensemen and we need Hutson on PP1.
MTL
  1. 2026 1st round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
Deadline deal at half salary. Doesn’t have to be Toronto, but they need defence.
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CGY
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$87,700,000$70,462,083$1,170,000$3,640,000$17,237,917
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$7,850,000$7,850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 8
$7,875,000$7,875,000
C
UFA - 7
$950,000$950,000 (Performance Bonus$3,500,000$4M)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$5,750,000$5,750,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$3,362,500$3,362,500
C, RW
RFA - 3
Demidov, Ivan
$950,000$950,000
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,900,000$2,900,000
C, LW
RFA - 4
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 4
$1,700,000$1,700,000
C
UFA - 2
$4,450,000$4,450,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$812,500$812,500
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$950,000$950,000
LD
RFA - 3
$875,000$875,000 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RD
RFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$766,667$766,667
RD
UFA - 2
$890,000$890,000
G
RFA - 2
$867,500$867,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD
RFA - 2
$828,333$828,333
LD/RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$762,500$762,500
RD
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 6 at 5:16 p.m.
Where did these rumors come from? Let’s not forget Verbeek doesn’t let leaks like these out either
jfkst1 and GiggywithGibby liked this.
May 6 at 5:17 p.m.
not a he )
So Anaheim pays you to move down in the draft? Give your head a shake.
May 6 at 5:17 p.m.
KFTW
Quoting: GeneralLandro
Where did these rumors come from? Let’s not forget Verbeek doesn’t let leaks like these out either

Verbeek taking Helenius would be very 2021 McTavish like
GiggywithGibby liked this.
May 6 at 5:24 p.m.
I know it says could be anywhere. But how the heck does Toronto need defence lmao
May 6 at 5:28 p.m.
Quoting: squashmaple
So Anaheim pays you to move down in the draft? Give your head a shake.

Look at it as 2 separate trades

1. Guhle + MTL pick for ANA pick

2. Barron + 2nd for Zegras (Zegras isn’t worth much more than that imo, he’s severely overrated)
May 6 at 5:49 p.m.
Future Ducks legend
Edited May 6 at 5:57 p.m.
Quoting: NHLInsider67

2. Barron + 2nd for Zegras (Zegras isn’t worth much more than that imo, he’s severely overrated)

We have Guhle at home his name is Mintyukov, and if you want Zegras it'll take your 6OA pick +, since your opinion is frankly junk.

Lastly, why would we be chasing Helenius? Name your source.
squashmaple and OldNYIfan liked this.
May 6 at 6:34 p.m.
Quoting: GiggywithGibby
We have Guhle at home his name is Mintyukov, and if you want Zegras it'll take your 6OA pick +, since your opinion is frankly junk.

Lastly, why would we be chasing Helenius? Name your source.

Sourse was an article that did a mock draft by Montreal hockey now, they only suggested that the Ducks could go off the board and select Helenius at 4 since he fits what Verbeek described he was looking for this off season (top 6 RS forward or top 4 RHD) the article was just a mock and wasn't based on any specific rumors. They mocked Celebrini, Demidov and Levshunov going top 3 then suggested the Helenius pick

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2024/05/06/mhn-pre-lottery-2024-nhl-mock-draft/
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 6 at 6:43 p.m.

Its actually not, the value of trading up 1 spot in the draft is a 2nd round pick, Guhle has way more value than that. You proposal actually breaks down like this Ana 1st for Mon 1st + 2nd - Guhle + Barron for Zegras. Now the value for Zegras is fine but the parts are not, as was stated by a Ducks fan previously they don't need Guhle, so if you take him out of the deal you are gonna have to replace him with another 1st (lottery protected 2025) or someone we dont want to move (Reinbacher, Slafkovsky, Mailloux, ect...) which kills any deal. The problem with a Ducks/Habs trade is we are in similar situations with regards to our rebuilds and our rosters are missing similar peices (top 6 forward or top pairing RD) so trades are gonna be extremely difficult.
OldNYIfan liked this.
May 6 at 8:17 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

1. Although a very fine player, and a prospect who may mature into a #1LD, Guhle is of little interest to Anaheim because the Ducks already have Pavel Mintyukov playing #1LD. So the trade fails on that ground.

2. Player A: 211 games, 55 goals + 99 assists = 154 points, -40; Player B: 205 games, 81 goals + 68 assists = 149 points, -39

Saying those two entirely comparable players are only worth Barron and a future top-40 second is the worst misjudgment you will make until the draft.
squashmaple liked this.
May 6 at 8:53 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
Sourse was an article that did a mock draft by Montreal hockey now, they only suggested that the Ducks could go off the board and select Helenius at 4 since he fits what Verbeek described he was looking for this off season (top 6 RS forward or top 4 RHD) the article was just a mock and wasn't based on any specific rumors. They mocked Celebrini, Demidov and Levshunov going top 3 then suggested the Helenius pick

https://montrealhockeynow.com/2024/05/06/mhn-pre-lottery-2024-nhl-mock-draft/

I read this article. The article starts by saying PV wants a top 6RHW winger and a top 4RHD, which is correct. Somehow the writer comes to a conclusion suggesting Konsta Heleinus is their man because of his gritty style of play and ANA need at RW. Then vaguely says "Multiple sources have spoken to Anaheim’s strong appreciation for Helenius". In no way does this comment suggest ANA is going to pick him. It purely states they like his style of play. I can guarantee you that if PV was asked about any other prospect he would comment saying something similar. I'd love to know who these "Multiple sources" are, they are not listed in the article. The majority of people who are familiar with the Ducks organisation know PV keeps a tight ship, hence no one knew about the Drysdale-Guthier trade and the selection of Leo Carlson over Adam Fantili.

It's made by the Montreal media, therefore it must be accurate, definitely not clickbait promoting the "Cayden Lindstrom going to MTL agenda". In the comments of that article you have someone else bagging the article. Do your research and crosscheck what you write.

The Guhle + MTL pick for ANA pick to move up 1-2 spots. Value wise tipped towards MTL, but as pointed out isn't worth it for ANA. He would become a scratched/ third-string guy on our future team.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Are you suggesting Zegras is worth a MID second and a 3rd pair shutdown defenceman?
Because if you do believe this, you have some problems up top. Have you not learned from everyone suggesting Hughes is a bust, and even Slafkovsky until finally somewhat breaking out this year? What's worse Zegras has been injured all year. When he finally returned he became a PPG player. This accusation of Zegras being horrible defensively has been based on previous years. This year (although the sample size has been small) Zegras has improved his defence drastically. At this stage, you are just picking and choosing the worst attributes of Zegras's game over the past years just so you can offer this horrendous deal.

EDIT: Sorry if I was a bit harsh, I had a bad morning. I didn't mean to sound like an A-hole
May 6 at 8:56 p.m.
Quoting: ItsDuckSeason
I read this article. The article starts by saying PV wants a top 6RHW winger and a top 4RHD, which is correct. Somehow the writer comes to a conclusion suggesting Konsta Heleinus is their man because of his gritty style of play and ANA need at RW. Then vaguely says "Multiple sources have spoken to Anaheim’s strong appreciation for Helenius". In no way does this comment suggest ANA is going to pick him. It purely states they like his style of play. I can guarantee you that if PV was asked about any other prospect he would comment saying something similar. I'd love to know who these "Multiple sources" are, they are not listed in the article. The majority of people who are familiar with the Ducks organisation know PV keeps a tight ship, hence no one knew about the Drysdale-Guthier trade and the selection of Leo Carlson over Adam Fantili.

It's made by the Montreal media, therefore it must be accurate, definitely not clickbait promoting the "Cayden Lindstrom going to MTL agenda". In the comments of that article you have someone else bagging the article. Do your research and crosscheck what you write.

The Guhle + MTL pick for ANA pick to move up 1-2 spots. Value wise tipped towards MTL, but as pointed out isn't worth it for ANA. He would become a scratched/ third-string guy on our future team.
Correct me if I'm wrong. Are you suggesting Zegras is worth a MID second and a 3rd pair shutdown defenceman?
Because if you do believe this, you have some problems up top. Have you not learned from everyone suggesting Hughes is a bust, and even Slafkovsky until finally somewhat breaking out this year? What's worse Zegras has been injured all year. When he finally returned he became a PPG player. This accusation of Zegras being horrible defensively has been based on previous years. This year (although the sample size has been small) Zegras has improved his defence drastically. At this stage, you are just picking and choosing the worst attributes of Zegras's game over the past years just so you can offer this horrendous deal.

EDIT: Sorry if I was a bit harsh, I had a bad morning. I didn't mean to sound like an A-hole

I think you are confusing me for someone else, I only answered where the OP got his supposed sources from, I even said that it was speculation and not fact. I was defending the Ducks fans POV not supporting the OP's.
ItsDuckSeason liked this.
May 6 at 9:05 p.m.
Quoting: Campabee
I think you are confusing me for someone else, I only answered where the OP got his supposed sources from, I even said that it was speculation and not fact. I was defending the Ducks fans POV not supporting the OP's.

Sorry, I shouldn't have directed it towards you. I meant the OP.
Campabee liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll