Who will win?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:04 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Vote away.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:14 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I've got Tampa. High end talent and depth at all positions. As long as Vasilevskiy proves he can carry a starter's load, they should be all set for a Cup run.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:17 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: krakowitz
I've got Tampa. High end talent and depth at all positions. As long as Vasilevskiy proves he can carry a starter's load, they should be all set for a Cup run.

I agree Tampa has elite offense, and I think Vasilevskiy is ready. However, it is Tampa's defense that concerns me most.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:23 p.m.
Either Edmonton or Tampa for me
Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:23 p.m.
And who the hell voted for the Islanders?

It's either RAIF, bolts, or PastaSauce laugh
Daryl liked this.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:25 p.m.
Quoting: DavidBooth7

giphy.gif
Caufzi, awatt and phillyjabroni liked this.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:31 p.m.
get ur corsi up

Well if they sign Jeff Finger to solidify their D, then their a lock to win.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 3:58 p.m.

I havent voted yet.
nobody liked this.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Um ... just because i'm a fan doesn't mean i think they'll win ... i'm a Rangers fan too ... the Rangers are a real, cup contender ... the Isles ... not really ...

It's so hard to pick between Washington and Nashville but at the moment i'll give it to the Preds. They have an amazing top 4, some good forwards, and a great goalie. Something tells me that they're gonna do it this year ... and they also have a great coach.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:21 p.m.
Below Market Value
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

Um ... just because i'm a fan doesn't mean i think they'll win ... i'm a Rangers fan too ... the Rangers are a real, cup contender ... the Isles ... not really ...

It's so hard to pick between Washington and Nashville but at the moment i'll give it to the Preds. They have an amazing top 4, some good forwards, and a great goalie. Something tells me that they're gonna do it this year ... and they also have a great coach.

Sounds like you need to make a predictions update thread!
Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:22 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

Sounds like you need to make a predictions update thread!

the only unlocked one is locked now, i made predictions yesterday, i just didn't post them on CapFriendly.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:34 p.m.
I'm not too high on Tampa because of the current goaltender situation. Andrei Vasilevskiy, while I think he has a very high ceiling, is still isn't proven enough for me. Another concern is health. If they can stay healthy, they can make a strong push, but if Stamkos, or anyone who vital crashes, send your condolences to Tampa. The "subtraction by addition" of Dan Girardi is another red flag for me. The guy cannot suppress a shot if his life depended on it.

Washington lost some key defenders, and Holtby is shaky in the postseason. I think that if they play Pittsburgh or New York Rangers, they are going to have a hard time to get past the 2nd round, something that hasn't been done in the 21st century. Not a knock on Washington, just evaluating the "cold hand fallacy", where a team fails year after year and individuals become more susceptible to believing that they will fail again. I just can't reasonably conclude that they beat PIT or NYR in the y'offs.

While Nashville does a have a very deep core, I think that they peaked last season. They have very talented players on both ends, and arguably the best top-4 in the NHL, however, with the hype of being a lovable team brings mental hardship IMO. I think that individuals on the team cave in on the mental side.

Edmonton has another high chance to do it, just my only concern is how Ryan Strome will play compared to Jordan Eberle. You know what to expect from McNut and Klefbom and Talbot, but can they win is the real question.

I voted that Pittsburgh will win the Cup. Not a popular vote by any regard, just basing it off of realism and facts. It's hard to envisioning them not winning with the roster they have, even with the 3c depletion.
deadfred liked this.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:43 p.m.
2 votes for the Canucks.....

I would like to call the accused, boltscharge17 and DoctorBreakfast to the stand....
Aug. 4, 2017 at 5:56 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
2 votes for Vancouver, yep. squinty smile
Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:15 p.m.
Habs
Quoting: phillyjabroni
I'm not too high on Tampa because of the current goaltender situation. Andrei Vasilevskiy, while I think he has a very high ceiling, is still isn't proven enough for me. Another concern is health. If they can stay healthy, they can make a strong push, but if Stamkos, or anyone who vital crashes, send your condolences to Tampa. The "subtraction by addition" of Dan Girardi is another red flag for me. The guy cannot suppress a shot if his life depended on it.

Washington lost some key defenders, and Holtby is shaky in the postseason. I think that if they play Pittsburgh or New York Rangers, they are going to have a hard time to get past the 2nd round, something that hasn't been done in the 21st century. Not a knock on Washington, just evaluating the "cold hand fallacy", where a team fails year after year and individuals become more susceptible to believing that they will fail again. I just can't reasonably conclude that they beat PIT or NYR in the y'offs.

While Nashville does a have a very deep core, I think that they peaked last season. They have very talented players on both ends, and arguably the best top-4 in the NHL, however, with the hype of being a lovable team brings mental hardship IMO. I think that individuals on the team cave in on the mental side.

Edmonton has another high chance to do it, just my only concern is how Ryan Strome will play compared to Jordan Eberle. You know what to expect from McNut and Klefbom and Talbot, but can they win is the real question.

I voted that Pittsburgh will win the Cup. Not a popular vote by any regard, just basing it off of realism and facts. It's hard to envisioning them not winning with the roster they have, even with the 3c depletion.

I don't think Girardi will even play regular minutes if Jon Cooper just uses his eyes.
Hedman-Stralman
Coburn-Dotchin
Sergachev-Sustr
Is scary-looking
Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:19 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

With the exception of this past playoff, Holtby's one of the best goaltenders in playoff history. He still is, actually. A .932 SV% is second only to Tim Thomas, and his 1.99 GAA is 10th all time in the postseason. He was nowhere near good enough this season in the playoffs, that is very well documented. But he's still one of the top individual playoff performers of all time at his position, and I'd fully expect him to be on his game in the playoffs next season.

As far as the defense goes, the loss of Schmidt will hurt us the most. Alzner and Shattenkirk leaving were more than expected, but Schmidt was supposed to be in our top 4. However, it creates opportunities for players like Christian Djoos and Madison Bowey (both oozing with potential) to show they can play in the NHL. While it isn't ideal, it's not nearly as bad as it could be
Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:26 p.m.
I feel that if Holtby was shaky this past postseason with established players, how will he perform with not-so established players in front of him?

Girardi shouldn't ever gotten a contract, but here we are, 3M later. I doubt Cooper wasn't in before the signing, so I doubt they'll pay him to spectate the game.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:27 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: OpaqueZoo

I don't think Girardi will even play regular minutes if Jon Cooper just uses his eyes.
Hedman-Stralman
Coburn-Dotchin
Sergachev-Sustr
Is scary-looking

Girardi will get a spot in the lineup.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:31 p.m.

Hedman-Stralman
Coburn-Dotchin
Sergachev-Sustr
Is scary-looking

Girardi will get a spot in the lineup.

Which is an atrocity
Pasta88Sauce, LicMysak and nobody liked this.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:42 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I think that Edmonton will win the cup, but Dallas will be a surprise contender. I have TBL, CBJ, NSH, and EDM in the conference finals.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 6:44 p.m.

Hedman-Stralman
Coburn-Dotchin
Sergachev-Sustr
Is scary-looking

Hedman-Dotchin
Sergachev-Stralman
Coburn-Koekkoek/Sustr
Would be better.
Girardi to the ECHL
Pasta88Sauce and nobody liked this.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:12 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Hedman-Stralman
Sergachev-Dotchin
Girardi-Sustr
Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:13 p.m.
Hedman-Stralman
Sergachev-Dotchin
Girardi-Sustr

wait, are you saying that Girardi would play over Coburn?
nobody liked this.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce
Hedman-Stralman
Sergachev-Dotchin
Girardi-Sustr

wait, are you saying that Girardi would play over Coburn?

i'd likely put Coburn in the lineup ... but i also want those 6 guys ... don't most people think Coburn is 'terrible', or 'trash' or something? I obviously don't think so, but he's a 7th d-man probably ... Sergachev might be sent to the minors, or Dotchin might be scratched.
Aug. 4, 2017 at 7:22 p.m.

i'd likely put Coburn in the lineup ... but i also want those 6 guys ... don't most people think Coburn is 'terrible', or 'trash' or something?I obviously don't think so, but he's a 7th d-man probably ... Sergachev might be sent to the minors, or Dotchin might be scratched.

switch coburn with Girardi
nobody liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit