Aug. 9, 2017 at 4:28 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DavidBooth7
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

read it again.

Its not worth wasting my time further over it, sorry

ok
Aug. 9, 2017 at 4:30 p.m.
Look RAIF, the point of hockey is to win by scoring goals. Your only looking at the product, while we are looking at the process *not Joel Embiid*. You need to score goals to win, but you must have shots in order to do that. That concept applies to every sport --> you need hits in baseball to score runs, you need completed passes in football to score touchdowns, you need to shoot in basketball to score points.

you don't, but are you saying that if you're coming in on goal and the goalie in on the same side of the net as you you should just keep shooting in that spot over and over again instead of moving across and taking a shot/passing it to another guy to take the shot?

your looking at this in a vacuum. clearly you should pass it over, but that still counts as a shot, no? you should try to get as many shots on net as possible (quantity over quality).
nobody liked this.
Aug. 9, 2017 at 4:37 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Look RAIF, the point of hockey is to win by scoring goals. Your only looking at the product, while we are looking at the process *not Joel Embiid*. You need to score goals to win, but you must have shots in order to do that. That concept applies to every sport --> you need hits in baseball to score runs, you need completed passes in football to score touchdowns, you need to shoot in basketball to score points.

you don't, but are you saying that if you're coming in on goal and the goalie in on the same side of the net as you you should just keep shooting in that spot over and over again instead of moving across and taking a shot/passing it to another guy to take the shot?

your looking at this in a vacuum. clearly you should pass it over, but that still counts as a shot, no? you should try to get as many shots on net as possible (quantity over quality).

i know you need to take shots, but if a team wins while taking less shots, they're probably the better team in that game.
Aug. 9, 2017 at 4:38 p.m.

i know you need to take shots, but if a team wins while taking less shots, they're probably the better team in that game.

thats a bad take
Aug. 9, 2017 at 4:48 p.m.
HockeySen
Top of my list includes Yzerman, Bowman, Poile, and MacLellan. Bottom would be Benning, Sakic, Blake. Sweeney would be towards the bottom if he didn't stack the Bruins prospects
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Aug. 9, 2017 at 4:49 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: HockeySen
Top of my list includes Yzerman, Bowman, Poile, and MacLellan. Bottom would be Benning, Sakic, Blake. Sweeney would be towards the bottom if he didn't stack the Bruins prospects

Stan Bowman? And Garth Snow has to be near the bottom.
Aug. 9, 2017 at 5:17 p.m.
Below Market Value
Edited Aug. 9, 2017 at 5:43 p.m.

No, Scotty Bowman.
krakowitz, phillyjabroni and Caufzi liked this.
Aug. 9, 2017 at 5:35 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Pasta88Sauce

thats a bad take

Thank you guys for handling it, because as a salty Caps fan, I would have gone off (and most likely getting a few infractions in the process)
Pasta88Sauce liked this.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 12:57 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast

No, Scotty Bowman.

i wasn't asking what Bowman, i was asking why he was near the top.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 12:31 p.m.
HockeySen

Bowman has kept the Hawks very competitive even after having to dump cap almost every year. Byfuglien, Ladd, and Sopel in 20110. Sharp and Saad a few years back. This year Panarin. Even though they aren't looking as good as usual for next year, they will still be very competitive
Aug. 10, 2017 at 12:41 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Bowman has kept the Hawks very competitive even after having to dump cap almost every year. Byfuglien, Ladd, and Sopel in 20110. Sharp and Saad a few years back. This year Panarin. Even though they aren't looking as good as usual for next year, they will still be very competitive

Why about after the 2015 cup?
Aug. 10, 2017 at 12:52 p.m.
Below Market Value

They finished with 47 wins in 15-16 and won the Central with 50 wins this season.

"But hurr durr they lost in the first round."

Yeah, they lost to teams that were better than them. St. Louis had a hot goalie in Elliott and went to the WCF, while Nashville also had a hot goalie in Rinne and went to the SCF. They are still a competitive team that has finished at or around 100 points since 2008.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 12:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

They finished with 47 wins in 15-16 and won the Central with 50 wins this season.

Yeah, they lost to teams that were better than them. St. Louis had a hot goalie in Elliott and went to the WCF, while Nashville also had a hot goalie in Rinne and went to the SCF. They are still a competitive team that has finished at or around 100 points since 2008.

and in 5 years they'll be horrible.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 1:47 p.m.
Below Market Value

Well then in five years you can make another thread with GM rankings, and then we can reassess. But as of now, he's a good GM.
Sahil2020 liked this.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 1:50 p.m.
DocB, do you want to become my assistant GM in the GM Game?
Aug. 10, 2017 at 1:56 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

Well then in five years you can make another thread with GM rankings, and then we can reassess. But as of now, he's a good GM.

yeah, he did the Ladd trade, he got rid of Leddy, Sharp, Johns, and then he trades Daley for that guy (i ca't even remember his name) and then trades Garrett for Sekac who they lose not long after ... he trades Saad and then to get him back he gives up Panarin, and he signs horrible contracts.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 2:49 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018

yeah, he did the Ladd trade, he got rid of Leddy, Sharp, Johns, and then he trades Daley for that guy (i ca't even remember his name) and then trades Garrett for Sekac who they lose not long after ... he trades Saad and then to get him back he gives up Panarin, and he signs horrible contracts.

There's a reason he moved Panarin. He knows that Kane can play with anyone, and he needed to have Toews find his offensive game again. The Hjalmarsson trade I'm not a fan of, but he's built a team that can contend for Cups year after year.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 3:18 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
This season so far Shero and Hextall are the best GMs. They had their balls, lottery balls drop correctly to move up in the draft.

Unbelievably the # 1 has to Rutherford. I know he has Sid and Geno but his other moves wins Cups.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 4:33 p.m.
Below Market Value

And guess what? Despite those poor trades, the Chicago Blackhawks are still a good, competitive team.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 4:33 p.m.
Below Market Value

Wow assistant to the GM? Sure!
Aug. 10, 2017 at 4:39 p.m.

Wow assistant to the GM? Sure!

all right. I'll add you in as "DoctorBreakfast - Assistant to the GM"
Aug. 10, 2017 at 5:14 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

And guess what? Despite those poor trades, the Chicago Blackhawks are still a good, competitive team.

they won't be for long. right now, in 2017-18 i see them as a playoff team but not a real, top, cup contender.
Aug. 10, 2017 at 5:15 p.m.
Below Market Value

they won't be for long. right now, in 2017-18 i see them as a playoff team but not a real, top, cup contender.

Aug. 10, 2017 at 5:16 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

unsure

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll