SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/GM Game 2017-18

2017-18 GM Game - Messages to the BOE Thread

Jan. 21, 2018 at 4:44 p.m.
Go Jackets
Other Notes of Importance:
1. For those wondering about what the draft order will be, the FINAL CONFIGURATION is based on 70% of a team's win now ability, and 30% of the team's trade ratings rank under the current GM. Win now ability will be calculated either by: an NHL 18 full season simulation with all rosters being put into the same configuration as they are in game, or if we are unable to get that, we will use the power rankings and try and assemble that list by win now ability as best as we can. Another option is to use ownthepuck.ca's lineup creator, but it has not been updated since last season and it does not factor in goalie play. It is based solely on advanced metrics so that method likely will not be an option.
2. The in game trade deadline will be April 1, 2018 at 3:00 PM EST.
3. The draft lottery will be conducted in mid-march, @phillyjabroni has more details on that.
4. The draft itself will begin sometime in may probably. Not a hard date, but based on past experience, free agency takes an extremely long time which requires the draft to be pushed up. However, we will work on trying to expedite the free agency process as much as possible so the draft can be held near the same time as the IL draft.
Jan. 21, 2018 at 4:46 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: Rodzikhockey93
No one in this league agrees that trades that were revised should have happened. This rule should have been implemented when the league happened or it should only be in affect to trades AFTER THE RULE IS IN PLACE

Um, once the rule is passed it will apply to trades. Sorry I don't have a time machine and can't go implement the rule from the beginning of the season.
Jan. 21, 2018 at 4:47 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Quoting: ricochetii
@flamesfan419

If you check back for matt's original proposal, the current discussion is an alternative. The previously suggested trade revisions would no longer take place with this suggestion put into effect.

I understand, and I'm also aware it may end up meaning I give back the 2018 1st that was part of the original trade. Technically "I, ME" never had that pick when I started the game so I can't complain too much.
Am I correct in how I'm thinking this through?
Jan. 21, 2018 at 4:53 p.m.
Go Habs Go
Quoting: flamesfan419
I understand, and I'm also aware it may end up meaning I give back the 2018 1st that was part of the original trade. Technically "I, ME" never had that pick when I started the game so I can't complain too much.
Am I correct in how I'm thinking this through?

It seems you already processed the "revision"? So yes, you would undo that revision and no longer have any additional assets that were granted that way.
The BOE has identified your team as being mismanaged in the past, so they may decide to add pick compensation prior to the draft, but continue as if that won't happen.
flamesfan419 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2018 at 5:03 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: matt59
Um, once the rule is passed it will apply to trades. Sorry I don't have a time machine and can't go implement the rule from the beginning of the season.

ya you don't have to have a time machine. You implement it now and go back to all those trades you revised and put them back to normal
Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:08 p.m.
Go Jackets
ya you don't have to have a time machine. You implement it now and go back to all those trades you revised and put them back to normal

You do realize that’s what’s happening right? The trades that were revised are being put back to normal.
Jan. 21, 2018 at 6:58 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Edited Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:03 p.m.
You do realize that’s what’s happening right? The trades that were revised are being put back to normal.

What was once lost was then found and since lost. Circle of life I guess.
So then, am I to go into my team page a undo the trade revision I made a few days ago.
Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:04 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Other Notes of Importance:
1. For those wondering about what the draft order will be, the FINAL CONFIGURATION is based on 70% of a team's win now ability, and 30% of the team's trade ratings rank under the current GM. Win now ability will be calculated either by: an NHL 18 full season simulation with all rosters being put into the same configuration as they are in game, or if we are unable to get that, we will use the power rankings and try and assemble that list by win now ability as best as we can. Another option is to use ownthepuck.ca's lineup creator, but it has not been updated since last season and it does not factor in goalie play. It is based solely on advanced metrics so that method likely will not be an option.
2. The in game trade deadline will be April 1, 2018 at 3:00 PM EST.
3. The draft lottery will be conducted in mid-march, @phillyjabroni has more details on that.
4. The draft itself will begin sometime in may probably. Not a hard date, but based on past experience, free agency takes an extremely long time which requires the draft to be pushed up. However, we will work on trying to expedite the free agency process as much as possible so the draft can be held near the same time as the IL draft.

Just one thing i'm wondering about: Why is the draft lottery before the trade deadline?
Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:08 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Final Proposal before Public Voting:

1. All "Trade Revisions" posted on Thursday, January 18, 2018 are considered null and void.
2. New Trade Revision Policy: In order for a trade to need to be revised or undone, the average trade rating must be >4.5 for one team OR <1.5 for the other. Thus a 3 way trade with an average rating of 4-4-1 is eligible to be considered for revision. On top of this, ALL GMs involved in the trade being considered MUST be notified WITHIN A WEEK of the trade being posted in the "Official Trades Thread". NOTE: just because a trade has an average rating >4.5 for one team or <1.5 for another team DOES NOT mean it will AUTOMATICALLY be reverted and redone. In addition, ALL 5 BOE members must agree that the trade needs to be undone/revised for it to be considered for reversion.
3. How GMs will be notified of a Concerning Deal: within a week of the troubling trade being identified, all GMs involved will receive a notice that the deal between them may be problematic, with an explanation as to why there are issues with the deal from the BOE. The GMs involved will be given a chance to explain as to why they think the deal is fair for them and why they agreed to the deal. If it is agreed among all parties (BOE and all involved GMs) that it is best for the deal to be undone and revised, it will be THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of the involved GMs to change or nullify the deal entirely. The BOE can only suggest that one or more parties were not compensated fairly. The BOE may NOT explicitly state what that compensation is or should be.
4. Once the involved GMs have come to an agreement on what should be done, the trade can be re-published (not counting as an additional trade for the month). As long as the average rating of the deal is less than 4.5 for one team and 1.5 for the other, the deal will be final. If a new deal is unable to be struck, the deal falls through entirely.

Example Process of Deal Reversion or Not:
Trade A average rating: 4.75-1.25, made on 2-1-2018
Trade B average rating: 4.6-1.4, made on 2-2-2018

BOE unanimously agrees that Trade A is problematic for the general balance of the game in a timely fashion. All GMs are notified PRIOR to 2-8-18 that the deal is problematic and reasons why are outlined. GMs are asked to explain their stance on why the trade was made/ why it is fair for them at this time.
BOE discusses problems with Trade B but is not in full agreement that Trade B is problematic for the balance of the game. Trade B is FINAL.

GMs explain their stances on Trade A, agree that trade is imbalanced. Deal is reverted and the GMs involved attempt to create a new and more fair deal. If they are unable to agree on a more fair deal, the deal does not occur and both GMs keep that trade "available" for the month. If they are able to find a fairer deal, and it meets criteria to pass, Trade A is now FINAL.

If at seasons end, it is recognized that a team is in dire need of replenished assets, BOE-Compensation Picks may be issued. These are a LAST RESORT option, only to be used if a team was direly mismanaged in the past. These picks ARE NOT tradeable, and will be issued within 2 weeks from the start of the draft. The player selected with a BCP may NOT be moved until ONE YEAR after being drafted. The exact placement and number of picks used is TBD. No team will ever recieive more than two BCPs in total and if a first round BCP is granted, that is the ONLY BCP they will recieve. BCPs will NEVER fall in the lottery pick range if used in Round 1. GMs are NOT allowed to "try" and get a BCP. Proof of intentionally making moves to purposefully obtain a BCP will result in termination from a GM position.

**If there is anything I forgot, let me know and I will add it back into this proposal**

I don't think 1st round picks should be given out as BCPs. Maybe 2nds but not 1sts.
Plus maybe 5 days could be the amount of time. This one isn't a big deal but 5 days would be a bit better IMO.
Other than those two things, i like this idea.
Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Will the trade limit go up at the deadline?
Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:56 p.m.
Go Jackets
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Just one thing i'm wondering about: Why is the draft lottery before the trade deadline?

Should say mid April, my bad
Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:58 p.m.
@matt59 @rangersandislesfan

The draft lottery will be conducted on April 15th. A couple of hours before, I will notify everyone the exact time of my simulation, which I will video to be kept as evidence if GMs do not trust the lottery results. After the simulation, I will reveal the lottery results one by one on CapFriendly.
matt59 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2018 at 7:59 p.m.
Will the trade limit go up at the deadline?

We will have a more firm answer at a later time
Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:13 p.m.
Go Jackets
What was once lost was then found and since lost. Circle of life I guess.
So then, am I to go into my team page a undo the trade revision I made a few days ago.

Yes, all the trade revisions posted on Thursday are null and void.
flamesfan419 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2018 at 8:18 p.m.
Go Jackets
I don't think 1st round picks should be given out as BCPs. Maybe 2nds but not 1sts.
Plus maybe 5 days could be the amount of time. This one isn't a big deal but 5 days would be a bit better IMO.
Other than those two things, i like this idea.

1sts will only be granted if the situation is extreme. As of now, there are no plans of 1st round BCPs being granted and hopefully it stays that way. The limitations period should remain a week so that if there is a trade that occurs on a Sunday night/ Monday there is time on a weekend for it to be addressed. There’s lots of people with busy school and work schedules during the weekdays so a 7 day period ensures everyone can get caught up with what’s going on on weekends at some point.
Jan. 21, 2018 at 10:02 p.m.
Go Jackets
Official League Proposal:

1. All "Trade Revisions" posted on Thursday, January 18, 2018 are considered null and void.
2. New Trade Revision Policy: In order for a trade to need to be revised or undone, the average trade rating must be >4.5 for one team OR <1.5 for the other. Thus a 3 way trade with an average rating of 4-4-1 is eligible to be considered for revision. On top of this, ALL GMs involved in the trade being considered MUST be notified WITHIN A WEEK of the trade being posted in the "Official Trades Thread". NOTE: just because a trade has an average rating >4.5 for one team or <1.5 for another team DOES NOT mean it will AUTOMATICALLY be reverted and redone. In addition, ALL 5 BOE members must agree that the trade needs to be undone/revised for it to be considered for reversion. Trades made within one week before the date the policy is finalized ARE eligible for the reversion process if necessary (Ex: this policy is made official on 1/25, deals made after 1/18 are eligible to undergo the revision process).
3. How GMs will be notified of a Concerning Deal: within a week of the troubling trade being identified, all GMs involved will receive a notice that the deal between them may be problematic, with an explanation as to why there are issues with the deal from the BOE. The GMs involved will be given a chance to explain as to why they think the deal is fair for them and why they agreed to the deal. If it is agreed among all parties (BOE and all involved GMs) that it is best for the deal to be undone and revised, it will be THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY of the involved GMs to change or nullify the deal entirely. The BOE can only suggest that one or more parties were not compensated fairly. The BOE may NOT explicitly state what that compensation is or should be.
4. Once the involved GMs have come to an agreement on what should be done, the trade can be re-published (not counting as an additional trade for the month). As long as the average rating of the deal is less than 4.5 for one team and 1.5 for the other, the deal will be final. If a new deal is unable to be struck, the deal falls through entirely.

BOE unanimously agrees that Trade A is problematic for the general balance of the game in a timely fashion. All GMs are notified PRIOR to 2-8-18 that the deal is problematic and reasons why are outlined. GMs are asked to explain their stance on why the trade was made/ why it is fair for them at this time.
BOE discusses problems with Trade B but is not in full agreement that Trade B is problematic for the balance of the game. Trade B is FINAL.

GMs explain their stances on Trade A, agree that trade is imbalanced. Deal is reverted and the GMs involved attempt to create a new and more fair deal. If they are unable to agree on a more fair deal, the deal does not occur and both GMs keep that trade "available" for the month. If they are able to find a fairer deal, and it meets criteria to pass, Trade A is now FINAL.

If at seasons end, it is recognized that a team is in dire need of replenished assets, BOE-Compensation Picks may be issued. These are a LAST RESORT option, only to be used if a team was direly mismanaged in the past. These picks ARE NOT tradeable, and will be issued within 2 weeks from the start of the draft. The player selected with a BCP may NOT be moved until ONE YEAR after being drafted. The exact placement and number of picks used is TBD. No team will ever recieive more than two BCPs in total and if a first round BCP is granted, that is the ONLY BCP they will recieve. BCPs will NEVER fall in the lottery pick range if used in Round 1. GMs are NOT allowed to "try" and get a BCP. Proof of intentionally making moves to purposefully obtain a BCP will result in termination from a GM position.
flamesfan419 and ricochetii liked this.
Jan. 21, 2018 at 10:13 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
Yes, all the trade revisions posted on Thursday are null and void.

Thank you, I'll change it tonight.

May I suggest possibly allowing us 5 trades per month in the 2018/19 season?
matt59 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2018 at 10:17 p.m.
Go Jackets
Thank you, I'll change it tonight.

May I suggest possibly allowing us 5 trades per month in the 2018/19 season?

It’s a possibility. Odds are we will keep the 4 Trades a month policy for in season, but during the off-season the number may go up to 5. Even with 4 trades a month that’s like 28 Trades you get per season haha. Also remember that deals involving unsigned prospects and draft picks only do not count towards the monthly trade limit.
Jan. 21, 2018 at 10:40 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
It’s a possibility. Odds are we will keep the 4 Trades a month policy for in season, but during the off-season the number may go up to 5. Even with 4 trades a month that’s like 28 Trades you get per season haha. Also remember that deals involving unsigned prospects and draft picks only do not count towards the monthly trade limit.

I did not know that. So if I trade an unsigned guy for a draft pick that doesn't count as 1 of my 4. Is that correct
Jan. 21, 2018 at 10:41 p.m.
Go Jackets
I did not know that. So if I trade an unsigned guy for a draft pick that doesn't count as 1 of my 4. Is that correct

Correct
Jan. 21, 2018 at 10:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Official League Proposal:

2. New Trade Revision Policy: In order for a trade to need to be revised or undone, the average trade rating must be >4.5 for one team OR <1.5 for the other. Thus a 3 way trade with an average rating of 4-4-1 is eligible to be considered for revision. On top of this, ALL GMs involved in the trade being considered MUST be notified WITHIN A WEEK of the trade being posted in the "Official Trades Thread". NOTE: just because a trade has an average rating >4.5 for one team or <1.5 for another team DOES NOT mean it will AUTOMATICALLY be reverted and redone. In addition, ALL 5 BOE members must agree that the trade needs to be undone/revised for it to be considered for reversion. Trades made within one week before the date the policy is finalized ARE eligible for the reversion process if necessary (Ex: this policy is made official on 1/25, deals made after 1/18 are eligible to undergo the revision process).

is this the same post again?
Jan. 21, 2018 at 10:49 p.m.
Still a Leafs Fan

oh I got confused on what u meant by null... but would that also affect trades that happened... For example if u put my trade back to normal then the trade between Vancouver and Vegas can't happen because I already own that 1st 2019 VAN
Jan. 21, 2018 at 11:04 p.m.
Go Jackets
is this the same post again?

pretty much. added one detail at the end of point 2, but the rest is the same.

oh I got confused on what u meant by null... but would that also affect trades that happened... For example if u put my trade back to normal then the trade between Vancouver and Vegas can't happen because I already own that 1st 2019 VAN

Yes, we're aware of that. However, it's a smaller impact scale and overall better for the game if it's done this way.
Jan. 22, 2018 at 12:59 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
There is a common theme in trades in the GM Game that i've noticed that i believe should be taken back if these trades are made, but i'm only going to say it if you don't get mad at me for mentioning something that i believe is very unrealistic and it doesn't happen in real life. If i say it are you sure you won't tell me that i shouldn't have mentioned this?
Jan. 22, 2018 at 11:00 a.m.
There is a common theme in trades in the GM Game that i've noticed that i believe should be taken back if these trades are made, but i'm only going to say it if you don't get mad at me for mentioning something that i believe is very unrealistic and it doesn't happen in real life. If i say it are you sure you won't tell me that i shouldn't have mentioned this?

This forum is designed for ideas to make the GM Game better. If you have an idea/observation/etc. that you believe will make the Game better off, however you so define, don't hold back. Fire your observation away!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll