SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2018 Playoffs discussion thread

Apr. 18, 2018 at 10:05 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
I had Colorado in 6 coming into the series.

Wow! I just see this reply and I'm stunned!! Predators is one of the most favorites teams to win the cup.

Avalanche has my favorite player to win the Hart this season (Mackinnon, of course) and he's keeping his pace in playoffs, but Predators is one of the most balanced teams in this playoffs and they still has Rinne. So, There're few teams (probably Pens, Bolts and Bruins) that I think are better than Nashville.

Avalanche has a less "prepared to win team" than Leafs and a similar level to Devils. Another two young teams. So, to me they can be considered contenders just in the next few years. For now, just come back to playoffs is already a "winning season" to them.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 18, 2018 at 10:26 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: phillyjabroni
Yeah, didn't get Mason in that deal.

I have said Mason is a top ten goaltender before - his objective numbers don't necessarily lie. He had a great 5v5 SV% with some of the worst defense in the game + terrible penalty killer. His mental toughness is his biggest liability and is why he isn't to the same caliber as he was before.

I don't mean they got Mason in that deal, i meant because he was their starter eventually.
Apr. 18, 2018 at 10:28 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
Wow! I just see this reply and I'm stunned!! Predators is one of the most favorites teams to win the cup.

Avalanche has my favorite player to win the Hart this season (Mackinnon, of course) and he's keeping his pace in playoffs, but Predators is one of the most balanced teams in this playoffs and they still has Rinne. So, There're few teams (probably Pens, Bolts and Bruins) that I think are better than Nashville.

Avalanche has a less "prepared to win team" than Leafs and a similar level to Devils. Another two young teams. So, to me they can be considered contenders just in the next few years. For now, just come back to playoffs is already a "winning season" to them.

I tried to say Nashville. I just wasn't thinking and typed in Colorado. I had Nashville in 6 i meant to say.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
Apr. 18, 2018 at 10:28 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
That's just not fair that the Penguins won 5-0. I wanna see philly come back and win.
Apr. 19, 2018 at 1:15 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I had San Jose beating Anaheim, but i didn't expect a sweep.
Apr. 19, 2018 at 7:00 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I had San Jose beating Anaheim, but i didn't expect a sweep.

Without seeing the series, I wonder if time is catching up with Perry and Kesler, and maybe even Getzalf.
Apr. 19, 2018 at 8:50 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
I tried to say Nashville. I just wasn't thinking and typed in Colorado. I had Nashville in 6 i meant to say.

That's much more reasonable. Lol

But it seems like Predators will beat Avalanche in just 5. However, this series is more equal than I thought. All Nashville wins were tough ones. Colorado fans must be proud of their young team.
Apr. 19, 2018 at 9:08 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: palhal
Without seeing the series, I wonder if time is catching up with Perry and Kesler, and maybe even Getzalf.

All those guys had an embarassing series. I expected much more, specially from Getzlaf. If I were Ducks fan, I'd be pissed of with all the top guys. Specially those 3, because they are leaders and they weren't capable to do their job in and out of the rink either.

The fact is Ducks never played in playoffs indeed. They were pathetic and deserved to be sweeped by an inspired Sharks.

I'm pretty exciting about Vegas x Sharks matchup. I think it'll be a much more equal series with few goals, like Vegas x Kings. Both teams have great goalies and very good D. Vegas doesn't have any great name in their defense, but they're pretty well trained by Gallant and their assistant coaches. He must be Jack Adams winner this season. What he's doing this season is remarkable.
palhal and rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 19, 2018 at 9:43 a.m.
I'm a Skatman
That's much more reasonable. Lol

But it seems like Predators will beat Avalanche in just 5. However, this series is more equal than I thought. All Nashville wins were tough ones. Colorado fans must be proud of their young team.

I had Avs in 7, but that's just because I include wishful thinking in my bracket.
Apr. 19, 2018 at 9:50 a.m.
Buchnevesey
Just cause Vegas swept LA doesn't change the Anaheim San Jose series.

Obviously?
Apr. 19, 2018 at 10:16 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
All those guys had an embarassing series. I expected much more, specially from Getzlaf. If I were Ducks fan, I'd be pissed of with all the top guys. Specially those 3, because they are leaders and they weren't capable to do their job in and out of the rink either.

The fact is Ducks never played in playoffs indeed. They were pathetic and deserved to be sweeped by an inspired Sharks.

I'm pretty exciting about Vegas x Sharks matchup. I think it'll be a much more equal series with few goals, like Vegas x Kings. Both teams have great goalies and very good D. Vegas doesn't have any great name in their defense, but they're pretty well trained by Gallant and their assistant coaches. He must be Jack Adams winner this season. What he's doing this season is remarkable.

Thanks for your insight on the Ducks. Vegas goes against the sport thought that it takes years for a club to build continuity to be good, to be contenders. You're right, what they have done is remarkable.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
Apr. 19, 2018 at 10:20 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Buchnevesey
Obviously?

Nobody said one series changed another, but i was just mentioning that. Of course it's obvious.
Apr. 19, 2018 at 10:22 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'm going San Jose in 7 over Vegas. No joke. I was saying coming into the playoffs i thought they were an underrated team and so far they've been pretty good. They have a good goalie and a ton of underrated forwards, as well as a great defence. The series could go either way, but in the end i'm giving it to the Sharks.
Apr. 20, 2018 at 4:33 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
So Claude Giroux guaranteed a win for the Flyers tonight ... wow.
Apr. 20, 2018 at 5:46 p.m.
So Claude Giroux guaranteed a win for the Flyers tonight ... wow.

1 pt, -7 in 4 games in this series.

Doesn't really have room to guarantee anything with that.
Apr. 20, 2018 at 6:43 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: mtdavis311

Claude ain't Joe. For you youngsters, that's Joe Namath guaranteeing the upstart AFL Jets beating the NHL Colts.
Apr. 20, 2018 at 9:54 p.m.
Quoting: mtdavis311

Claude can thank Coots for that one.
Apr. 21, 2018 at 12:38 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Well, i guess Giroux was right.
Apr. 21, 2018 at 11:53 p.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Was it just me or was the officiating really bad in the Leafs vs Bruins game?
Rodzikhockey93 liked this.
Apr. 22, 2018 at 12:02 a.m.
Still a Leafs Fan
Quoting: Jarvis

typical
Apr. 22, 2018 at 12:33 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Am i the only one that noticed they sent Bozak to the box when they should've sent Kapanen?
Apr. 22, 2018 at 12:34 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

A lot of time was wasted, lol, and yeah, not great officiating.
Apr. 22, 2018 at 12:56 a.m.
Follow CapFriendly
Am i the only one that noticed they sent Bozak to the box when they should've sent Kapanen?

when? Bozak got the interference penalty after he broke his stick taking a faceoff
Apr. 22, 2018 at 2:07 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
when? Bozak got the interference penalty after he broke his stick taking a faceoff

I forget what point in the game it was, i think it was some time in the first half of the 2nd period but i'm not sure. I thought Kapanen tripped someone and Bozak got the penalty.
Apr. 22, 2018 at 2:07 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Because Bozak is #42 and Kapanen is #24.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll