SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2018 Playoffs discussion thread

Apr. 27, 2018 at 11:26 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: palhal
What I learned (by knew already). One player such as Doughty, isn't going to change the Leafs fortunes if it costs them three good players in a trade. Gee, the Doughty can't help the Kings win one game.
Despite the dreams of Ottawa fans that Karlsson and Ryan aren't going to be packaged to Vegas.... Why should Vegas trade with any team, it would only hurt their club.
Mike Babcock is poor game coach.
Jake Gardiner is a fine player for half his games, and lousy for the other half. Too bad for Leafs fans he was the latter in game seven,
If Holtby and/or Grubauer lose to the Pens...their trade value isn't as great as Cap fans hope.
Chara isn't nearly as good as he once was. All he does is win.

Doughty helps the Kings, it's just that one player doesn't do it all, even the goalie. For example, tonight in Smashville, Hellebuyck was unbelievable, but the Jets had decent offence and defence in the game too.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 12:53 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: palhal
What I learned (by knew already). One player such as Doughty, isn't going to change the Leafs fortunes if it costs them three good players in a trade. Gee, the Doughty can't help the Kings win one game.
Despite the dreams of Ottawa fans that Karlsson and Ryan aren't going to be packaged to Vegas.... Why should Vegas trade with any team, it would only hurt their club.
Mike Babcock is poor game coach.
Jake Gardiner is a fine player for half his games, and lousy for the other half. Too bad for Leafs fans he was the latter in game seven,
If Holtby and/or Grubauer lose to the Pens...their trade value isn't as great as Cap fans hope.
Chara isn't nearly as good as he once was. All he does is win.

My only disagree with u is about Bab. Man, did u remember what he did coaching Red Wings for 10 years? All those seasons going to playoffs as most of them as top contenders, 1 cup and he also brokes Jack Adams winning record for the Wings franchise.

And I have to remember u that Leafs was a below average team before he comes to Toronto.

I don't think he's the problem in your team. Most of the top guys in Toronto are too young and if your name isn't Crosby or McDavid, that's a relevant thing to consider in playoffs. Besides, having Gardiner as your D leader can't lead Toronto to anywhere much better than this in postseason. You probably know that.

If I were a Leafs fan, I'd still keep my faith in Bab to lead my team to the cup. Ask for any Wings fan if I'm wrong to do that...
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 1:12 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
My only disagree with u is about Bab. Man, did u remember what he did coaching Red Wings for 10 years? All those seasons going to playoffs as most of them as top contenders, 1 cup and he also brokes Jack Adams winning record for the Wings franchise.

And I have to remember u that Leafs was a below average team before he comes to Toronto.

I don't think he's the problem in your team. Most of the top guys in Toronto are too young and if your name isn't Crosby or McDavid, that's a relevant thing to consider in playoffs. Besides, having Gardiner as your D leader can't lead Toronto to anywhere much better than this in postseason. You probably know that.

If I were a Leafs fan, I'd still keep my faith in Bab to lead my team to the cup. Ask for any Wings fan if I'm wrong to do that...

Agreed. However, the Leafs have Rielly, so Gardiner isn't their #1 d-man. But i agree, he's a great coach.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 2:32 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Okay, one of the exciting times in the playoffs is the draft lottery. That's tomorrow PT, today ET ...

I'm gonna try a simulator:

Okay:
1. Montreal
2. Detroit
3. Arizona

Interesting how they're doing picks 15-4 at 5 PT/8 ET-ish, and then the top 3 on the second intermission of the Sharks vs. Golden Knights game.

About the game, i'm hoping to see San Jose win. Idk who i'm cheering for in the series but i want to see them tie the series.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 2:35 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Okay, one of the exciting times in the playoffs is the draft lottery. That's tomorrow PT, today ET ...

I'm gonna try a simulator:

Okay:
1. Montreal
2. Detroit
3. Arizona

Interesting how they're doing picks 15-4 at 5 PT/8 ET-ish, and then the top 3 on the second intermission of the Sharks vs. Golden Knights game.

About the game, i'm hoping to see San Jose win. Idk who i'm cheering for in the series but i want to see them tie the series.

So if Montreal wins the lottery, that really helps them. Dahlin would be a HUGE add to their team, adding to their defence. They could maybe put him with Weber, that would be a great top pairing. And putting him with an expierienced d-man in Weber would really help in his rookie season.

Detroit would probably go for Svechnikov. Evgeny is his brother and might make the team next season ... and anyway, he's pretty good too, and they'd probably take him 2nd anyway.

Arizona would probably take Zadina. Idk a ton about the draft prospects but he'd probably go 3rd with what i've read.

Buffalo and Ottawa would get pretty unlucky if this happened.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 2:35 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Boston and Tampa Bay game 1 tomorrow/today (depending on the time zone you're in) ... this should be a good, close series.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 8:26 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Agreed. However, the Leafs have Rielly, so Gardiner isn't their #1 d-man. But i agree, he's a great coach.

He's surely is. As for Gardiner, you're right, Rielly has a higher role than him. But anyway, his role is higher than should be. I see him as a top 6 d-man. Not a top 4. He could be a top 4 in a below average team. Maybe playing for the Flyers...(kidding Flyers fans! Or not...lol).

Anyway...if Leafs want to win a cup again, I see 2 key factors. They have to keep Bab and sign a d-man like Ryan Ellis in 2019 FA.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 8:49 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Boston and Tampa Bay game 1 tomorrow/today (depending on the time zone you're in) ... this should be a good, close series.

This is the most unpredictable series in this round in my opinion. A pretty exciting one. I'm eager to see the battle between their top lines. They're arguably the best top lines of the league. Another great battle in this series is between 2 elite goalies. Rask and Vasilevsky are huge.

And speaking about Vasilevsky, he and Murray are the best young goalies of the league to me. I see both just above Gibson. And now I put Hellebuyck in that list.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 1:16 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
This is the most unpredictable series in this round in my opinion. A pretty exciting one. I'm eager to see the battle between their top lines. They're arguably the best top lines of the league. Another great battle in this series is between 2 elite goalies. Rask and Vasilevsky are huge.

And speaking about Vasilevsky, he and Murray are the best young goalies of the league to me. I see both just above Gibson. And now I put Hellebuyck in that list.

I mean, this is a great series, but i wouldn't say it's quite unpredictable as you are saying. I mean, it's the playoffs, and anything can happen. But i think the most unpredictable is Nashville vs. Winnipeg. That one really could go either way. I'm still picking Nashville though.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Hey, guess who scored in the Lightning - Bruins game? Girardi! Sticking Out Tongue
Apr. 28, 2018 at 5:01 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Rask should be suspended for throwing that skate blade. Whether it was the right call or not, you can't throw a skate blade. It didn't hit anyone, but that's a stupid thing to do.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 6:04 p.m.
Rask should be suspended for throwing that skate blade. Whether it was the right call or not, you can't throw a skate blade. It didn't hit anyone, but that's a stupid thing to do.

LOL, really? Show me where or under what rule it should be a suspension.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 8:09 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: ON3M4N
LOL, really? Show me where or under what rule it should be a suspension.

Idk what all the suspension rules are but that is NOT something you should EVER do. Ever. That is a stupid thing to do that could have really hurt someone. That is the dumbest thing anyone has done in the playoffs and whether the rules say he should be suspended or not, he should be. The rules SHOULD say that is a suspension, whether they do or not. Dumb thing for him to do. So stupid.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 8:51 p.m.
Idk what all the suspension rules are but that is NOT something you should EVER do. Ever. That is a stupid thing to do that could have really hurt someone. That is the dumbest thing anyone has done in the playoffs and whether the rules say he should be suspended or not, he should be. The rules SHOULD say that is a suspension, whether they do or not. Dumb thing for him to do. So stupid.

He didn't throw it at anyone and admitted in is post game that he looked before throwing it to ensure no one was in the area. Are we going to start suspending players for breaking sticks over the post next? I mean what if the stick after breaking hits another player or goes into the crowd? Give me a break on this crap.
Apr. 28, 2018 at 10:26 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: ON3M4N
He didn't throw it at anyone and admitted in is post game that he looked before throwing it to ensure no one was in the area. Are we going to start suspending players for breaking sticks over the post next? I mean what if the stick after breaking hits another player or goes into the crowd? Give me a break on this crap.

I watched it again, and it wan't as bad as it looked i guess ... i guess i overreacted, it wasn't as terrible as i made it sound, but it's still a dumb thing to do. It could have bounced off the glass and hit someone.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 11:28 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
I mean, this is a great series, but i wouldn't say it's quite unpredictable as you are saying. I mean, it's the playoffs, and anything can happen. But i think the most unpredictable is Nashville vs. Winnipeg. That one really could go either way. I'm still picking Nashville though.

You're right when you say that Preds x Jets are the most equal series in this round. But to me Bruins x Bolts are the second one. Then Sharks x Vegas. And of course the last one is Pens x Caps.

I'm not saying Pens is 100% favorite to win. But Pens are the most favorite team to win this round. Most because of outside factors than inside ones.

But I'm exciting to what's gonna happen between Sharks and Vegas after a thrilling game 2.
Apr. 29, 2018 at 4:06 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
You're right when you say that Preds x Jets are the most equal series in this round. But to me Bruins x Bolts are the second one. Then Sharks x Vegas. And of course the last one is Pens x Caps.

I'm not saying Pens is 100% favorite to win. But Pens are the most favorite team to win this round. Most because of outside factors than inside ones.

But I'm exciting to what's gonna happen between Sharks and Vegas after a thrilling game 2.

Go Caps vs. the Pens! That series could go either way, Washington was pretty good in the 1st period of game 2.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 10:08 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Go Caps vs. the Pens! That series could go either way, Washington was pretty good in the 1st period of game 2.

No surprise to me in Capitals victory in game 2. I was never thinking about Pens sweeping them. I still think we will beat them in 7. It'll be a tough series. The most important thing here is Pens stole the Caps home advantage. Losing both games to Washington would be a terrible scenario, cause they'd put a huge pressure om us to win both games at home. So, I'm ok with game 2 loss.

Btw, I think they deserved the victory. They outplayed us most part of the game.

Game 3 will be pretty important. If we win, we put them a huge pressure to win game 4, cause a 3x1 in favour of Pens coming to game 5 would be terrinle for the Caps. But if we lose, then we will have such pressure, cause a 3x1 to Caps coming to game 5 in Washington would be even more terrible.

So, I'm really looking for next game.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 10:22 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
No surprise to me in Capitals victory in game 2. I was never thinking about Pens sweeping them. I still think we will beat them in 7. It'll be a tough series. The most important thing here is Pens stole the Caps home advantage. Losing both games to Washington would be a terrible scenario, cause they'd put a huge pressure om us to win both games at home. So, I'm ok with game 2 loss.

Btw, I think they deserved the victory. They outplayed us most part of the game.

Game 3 will be pretty important. If we win, we put them a huge pressure to win game 4, cause a 3x1 in favour of Pens coming to game 5 would be terrinle for the Caps. But if we lose, then we will have such pressure, cause a 3x1 to Caps coming to game 5 in Washington would be even more terrible.

So, I'm really looking for next game.

Well Washington might win the series still. Not saying they will, but they could. That was a huge win for the Caps yesterday.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 11:46 a.m.
Below Market Value
Well Washington might win the series still. Not saying they will, but they could. That was a huge win for the Caps yesterday.

Well Pittsburgh might win the series still. Not saying they will, but they could. That was a huge win for the Pens in Game 1.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 1:07 p.m.
Let's go Pens!

You're right. But I prefer DoctorBreakfast point view, of course. lol

We need Geno and Hagelin back as soon as possible. Both are huge part of our game. Many people think Hagelin is a useless player, but that's not true at all. Our PK was very good in regular season and he was one of the main reasons of that. He has a great defensive awareness. And Geno is Geno. He's a underrated player by many people, just because he plays in the same team that Crosby. But he's a top 5 player in the league. If both can't get back in the series, then we'll have many troubles to beat Capitals. In fact, in this case I'd put them as favorites. So, I hope to see both playing next game. We'll see...
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 8:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
You're right. But I prefer DoctorBreakfast point view, of course. lol

We need Geno and Hagelin back as soon as possible. Both are huge part of our game. Many people think Hagelin is a useless player, but that's not true at all. Our PK was very good in regular season and he was one of the main reasons of that. He has a great defensive awareness. And Geno is Geno. He's a underrated player by many people, just because he plays in the same team that Crosby. But he's a top 5 player in the league. If both can't get back in the series, then we'll have many troubles to beat Capitals. In fact, in this case I'd put them as favorites. So, I hope to see both playing next game. We'll see...

They had Letang and Murray injured last year against the Caps, and Sheary at one point, and at one point some guy named Sidney Crosby ... but it would be great for them to get those guys back, yes. And i agree about Hagelin.
Apr. 30, 2018 at 8:25 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Well Pittsburgh might win the series still. Not saying they will, but they could. That was a huge win for the Pens in Game 1.

squinty smile lol
May 1, 2018 at 5:54 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Go Caps tonight ... once again.
May 1, 2018 at 9:37 p.m.
So can we talk about Tom Wilson getting away with another ridiculous hit, again? 3rd time this playoffs?

It's almost like the league had something they could have done to prevent this...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll