SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2018 Playoffs discussion thread

May 6, 2018 at 7:46 p.m.
Love how the rest of the league is starting to see just how good Point is. Tyler Johnson had an amazing series in the faceoff circle though.
May 6, 2018 at 7:51 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
@PaulDunnill thoughts?
Buchnevesey liked this.
May 6, 2018 at 7:55 p.m.
Quoting: Jimmybooboo
Love how the rest of the league is starting to see just how good Point is. Tyler Johnson had an amazing series in the faceoff circle though.

That's a terrible thing. Now everyone knows our secret weapon... onto Cirelli...
Rangsey and rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 6, 2018 at 7:57 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Jimmybooboo

It’s a shame that he doesn’t get more recognition. Anyone that pays halfway decent attention to the league knows that Point has been straight lethal this year.
Rangsey and rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 6, 2018 at 9:24 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I thought Tampa was gonna win but i'm surprised it ended in 5.
May 6, 2018 at 9:34 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Go Sharks. I wouldn't mind seeing them finally win a cup.

Me neither. However, I'm more excited to see Vegas winning. If Pens are eliminated, of course. Unfortunately, I think we'll finally be beaten by the Capitals. 21st century Miracle is about to be written...
May 6, 2018 at 9:35 p.m.
Quoting: Willian_Cardoso
Me neither. However, I'm more excited to see Vegas winning. If Pens are eliminated, of course. Unfortunately, I think we'll finally be beaten by the Capitals. 21st century Miracle is about to be written...

The Capitals going to Capitals.
krakowitz liked this.
May 6, 2018 at 9:46 p.m.
Let's go Pens!
I hope you're right about the part in Bold.

I won't change my mind just because we lost game 5. As I just said, I think Caps will finally beat us. Unfortunately.

But if that's happen indeed, I'll have a consolation prize. Not just me, but all brazilians who watch the nhl on ESPN Brazil. The ESPN announcer and analyst will make a NHL broadcast costumed as penguins, because they bet with each other if Capitals beat Pens, both would do so. It'll be funny and bizarre if that happens. Lol
May 6, 2018 at 10:48 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
In my playoff pool, I needed the Bruins to advance. But after the watching the stupid behaviour of Marchand, I'm just as happy not. seeing him playing again this season.
PS. more outraged that the NHL and the officials didn't enforce the rules in the first place which would have stopped the BS immediately.
May 7, 2018 at 1:44 a.m.
Black Lives Matter

Please be right
May 7, 2018 at 1:45 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I also felt like whoever won game 5 would win the WSH-PIT series ... so a good ending to game 5.
May 7, 2018 at 1:45 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
I won't change my mind just because we lost game 5. As I just said, I think Caps will finally beat us. Unfortunately.

But if that's happen indeed, I'll have a consolation prize. Not just me, but all brazilians who watch the nhl on ESPN Brazil. The ESPN announcer and analyst will make a NHL broadcast costumed as penguins, because they bet with each other if Capitals beat Pens, both would do so. It'll be funny and bizarre if that happens. Lol

I never said you'd change your mind. It's just that after game 5 i decided i wanted you to be right. Sticking Out Tongue
May 7, 2018 at 1:46 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: palhal
In my playoff pool, I needed the Bruins to advance. But after the watching the stupid behaviour of Marchand, I'm just as happy not. seeing him playing again this season.
PS. more outraged that the NHL and the officials didn't enforce the rules in the first place which would have stopped the BS immediately.

I don't understand Marchand.
May 7, 2018 at 1:47 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
6 teams left ...
May 7, 2018 at 8:19 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
Quoting: BoltsPoint21
The Capitals going to Capitals.

Your team will be favorite to win the series no matter Pens or Capitals win the series. As a hockey fan, I don't think any of them can beat Lightning in best of 7. But as a Pens fan, I'll keep my faith in a rally against Washington and Pens winning the 3peat.

Btw, congrats on the convincing victory against Bruins. I think no one, even you Bolts fans, thought Tampa could beat Boston in just 5 games. That's a big surprise and will boost their morale even more.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 7, 2018 at 8:23 a.m.
Let's go Pens!
I never said you'd change your mind. It's just that after game 5 i decided i wanted you to be right. Sticking Out Tongue

I know. But someone could thought that just because Pens lost game 5 I'd change my mind. But I won't...anyway, as a Pens fan, I'll keep my faith till the last second...when you have players like Sid, Geno, Murray and Guentzel on fire, everything is possible...
rangersandislesfan liked this.
May 7, 2018 at 9:11 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I know. But someone could thought that just because Pens lost game 5 I'd change my mind. But I won't...anyway, as a Pens fan, I'll keep my faith till the last second...when you have players like Sid, Geno, Murray and Guentzel on fire, everything is possible...

William, you're correct when you say mention "that anything is possible". Of course Cap fans know their team and "that anything is possible" (like losing a close series).

In April 2013 when the Leafs had taken 4-1 lead against the Bruins, Bruins fans were shown leaving the building. I thought to myself, "Don't leave, you don't know the Leafs." Unfortunately I was correct.
Willian_Cardoso liked this.
May 7, 2018 at 10:22 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: palhal
William, you're correct when you say mention "that anything is possible". Of course Cap fans know their team and "that anything is possible" (like losing a close series).

In April 2013 when the Leafs had taken 4-1 lead against the Bruins, Bruins fans were shown leaving the building. I thought to myself, "Don't leave, you don't know the Leafs." Unfortunately I was correct.

I wasn't actually watching the game but i remember checking the score and it was 4-1 Leafs in the 3rd. I was thinking to myself, "Oh, that's great for the Leafs!" And i saw what happened later and i was like, "WHAT????!?!?!?!" That was a crazy end.
May 7, 2018 at 10:22 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Your team will be favorite to win the series no matter Pens or Capitals win the series. As a hockey fan, I don't think any of them can beat Lightning in best of 7. But as a Pens fan, I'll keep my faith in a rally against Washington and Pens winning the 3peat.

Btw, congrats on the convincing victory against Bruins. I think no one, even you Bolts fans, thought Tampa could beat Boston in just 5 games. That's a big surprise and will boost their morale even more.

I had Tampa winning, but not in 5 lol.
May 7, 2018 at 11:07 a.m.
Looks like the Sharks didn't play that well as a team....
krakowitz liked this.
May 7, 2018 at 7:05 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Backstrom is out, probably with a broken hand. Here’s how this plays out - Pittsburgh exploits our center depth and then we play a typical Capitals Game 7.
May 7, 2018 at 7:35 p.m.
get ur corsi up
Quoting: krakowitz
Backstrom is out, probably with a broken hand. Here’s how this plays out - Pittsburgh exploits our center depth and then we play a typical Capitals Game 7.

You've lost hope that Washington may finally defeat Pittsburgh? Can't say I disagree with you...
May 7, 2018 at 7:41 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Daryl
You've lost hope that Washington may finally defeat Pittsburgh?

I have hope, just not belief. For 10 years now, I’ve had faith in this team, and for 10 years they’ve done nothing but fail. As much as I want them to win, I don’t expect anything but for us to find a way to blow it. Especially missing THREE top six forwards against one of the top offenses in the league, including an elite center against the best 1-2-3 center core in the league.

Doesn’t look good
May 7, 2018 at 7:50 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: awatt
Looks like the Sharks didn't play that well as a team....

They went up against a good team ...
May 7, 2018 at 7:51 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I have hope, just not belief. For 10 years now, I’ve had faith in this team, and for 10 years they’ve done nothing but fail. As much as I want them to win, I don’t expect anything but for us to find a way to blow it. Especially missing THREE top six forwards against one of the top offenses in the league, including an elite center against the best 1-2-3 center core in the league.

Doesn’t look good

Well, if this is finally when you don't think they can do it, what if they really do it this time?
My pre-season prediction was that they'll win the cup this year. Coming into the playoffs i had Nashville but i still had Washington getting past round 2, same coming into this series.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll