Forums/Armchair-GM

Opinions on Donald Trump

Created by: johnnyu22
Team: 2018-19 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: Jul. 24, 2018
Published: Jul. 24, 2018
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Lets hear what other Canadians/Americans think about the Donald...
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
10$79,500,000$4,325,286,985$0$0-$4,245,786,985
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Obama, Barack
$4,400,000$4,400,000
Trump, Donald
$4,294,967,295$4,294,967,295
Sanders, Bernie
$650,000$650,000
Palin, Sarah
$4,200,000$4,200,000
Clinton, Hillary
$6,900,000$6,900,000
Ford, Doug
$1,000,000$1,000,000
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
Putin, Vladimir
$6,969,690$6,969,690
Bush, George
$1,000,000$1,000,000
Trudeau, Justin
$4,200,000$4,200,000
Jong-Un, Kim
$1,000,000$1,000,000

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Who is a more effective leader
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Jul. 24, 2018 at 9:50 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Dont ever bring politics into hockey, thank you.
msekkes, ConnorMcHellebucyk, BluesBandit and 5 others liked this.
"Non-constructive criticism posts such as "terrible", "not realistic", "lol" will be deleted and will receive an infraction" I don't think that will pertain to this thread....
SammyT_51, johnnyu22, ConnorMcHellebucyk and 2 others liked this.
Banned
My personal opinion would be, why on earth would this conversation be had anywhere even close to the capfriendly website? This is a place where none of that matters what so ever people argue enough on here about hockey why involve personal views?
Jul. 24, 2018 at 9:51 a.m.
i think Jong-un should be starting with putin there more the same style players. Bush and Trudeau is a better pairing as well. lmao Donald is 1C babyyyyy lmaooo
Jul. 24, 2018 at 9:52 a.m.
Shibbal18
Legit top 5 presidents all time after just 2 years. I’m a registered Dem #walkaway MAGA2020
Jul. 24, 2018 at 9:54 a.m.
Only relevant if he and Joe Biden drop the gloves!
ConnorMcHellebucyk, Shibbal18, johnnyu22 and 1 other person liked this.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 9:56 a.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51
Dont ever bring politics into hockey, thank you.

No one forced you to open/post in this thread - was just looking for how different people viewed him. Don't think that its such an egregious thought.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 9:57 a.m.
Quoting: SmugTkachuk
My personal opinion would be, why on earth would this conversation be had anywhere even close to the capfriendly website? This is a place where none of that matters what so ever people argue enough on here about hockey why involve personal views?

Hockey views are personal views as well, and never once did I ask for an argument or a debate, just asking for opinions.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 9:58 a.m.
Quoting: SuprDave45
Only relevant if he and Joe Biden drop the gloves!

This post might age well come the 2020 election... we will see who runs for the democratic party
Jul. 24, 2018 at 10:01 a.m.
Jangle29
I love that so many people follow what the media says because it's so easy to make money on the stock market now
johnnyu22 and Shibbal18 liked this.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 10:51 a.m.
Who adds what?
Hillary at right wing, maybe, but I think she's a centrist. Bernie clearly plays left wing. Donald at center? Not close. Far right wing. The military parades and the cutting funding for Meals on Wheels, Medicare, and food stamps are pretty good giveaways.

You've got Bernie at right wing and Donald at center. That's just inaccurate.

The walkaway movement started in May, and @Shibbal has been posting in favor of Trump on here since before that.

I'm strongly in favor of the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, for all people between the ages of birth and death, so I have to admit that for profit prisons which put babies in cages to await trial, and kick back to the campaign funds and personal hotels of the government officials who sent them the children are not my cup of tea. This actually is more impeachable, easier to prove, and more problematic than anything the left wing is rallying around: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-private-prison-doral-resort-20171025-story.html

Russia divested of its US treasury shares before meeting with Trump last week, indicating that, if it did hack our election to install this president, it didn't do so for the sake of global economic gains. Putin thinks we're going down. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/07/18/russia-dumped-us-treasuries-before-trump-meeting-putin/794940002/

And I know a lot of Republicans don't believe the American media when it says Putin helped install Trump, but Putin said he attempted to influence our election last week, and he said he wanted Trump to be our President, and the state-controlled media in Russia just announced Trump "belongs" to them. https://www-newsweek-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-belongs-russia-moscows-state-run-media-declares-980774?amp=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=&amp_js_v=0.1#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsweek.com%2Fdonald-trump-belongs-russia-moscows-state-run-media-declares-980774

I voted for the guy who's only been accused of one sexual assault, because that's less than nineteen, and women are people.
SuprDave45 liked this.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 11:02 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
El, I was thinking the same thing for his line combos. Definitely good the right and left sides...mixed.

Regarding trade tariffs. It really hasn't been mentioned why I think Trump and others throughout the years want them. Let's talk 2018. Due to the less tax revenue been taken in by the US government due to lessening of corporate taxes, the treasury has to make up that difference somehow. And its through, tariffs which have always been shown are inflationary. The reality is there will not be a net gain for jobs...for any country. It just makes businesses often more inefficient and raises costs to the consumer ultimately.
Eli and Hockeylover360 liked this.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 11:27 a.m.
Quoting: Eli
Hillary at right wing, maybe, but I think she's a centrist. Bernie clearly plays left wing. Donald at center? Not close. Far right wing. The military parades and the cutting funding for Meals on Wheels, Medicare, and food stamps are pretty good giveaways.

You've got Bernie at right wing and Donald at center. That's just inaccurate.

The walkaway movement started in May, and @Shibbal has been posting in favor of Trump on here since before that.

I'm strongly in favor of the rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, for all people between the ages of birth and death, so I have to admit that for profit prisons which put babies in cages to await trial, and kick back to the campaign funds and personal hotels of the government officials who sent them the children are not my cup of tea. This actually is more impeachable, easier to prove, and more problematic than anything the left wing is rallying around: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-trump-private-prison-doral-resort-20171025-story.html

Russia divested of its US treasury shares before meeting with Trump last week, indicating that, if it did hack our election to install this president, it didn't do so for the sake of global economic gains. Putin thinks we're going down. https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/2018/07/18/russia-dumped-us-treasuries-before-trump-meeting-putin/794940002/

And I know a lot of Republicans don't believe the American media when it says Putin helped install Trump, but Putin said he attempted to influence our election last week, and he said he wanted Trump to be our President, and the state-controlled media in Russia just announced Trump "belongs" to them. https://www-newsweek-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-belongs-russia-moscows-state-run-media-declares-980774?amp=1&usqp=mq331AQCCAE=&amp_js_v=0.1#referrer=https://www.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.newsweek.com%2Fdonald-trump-belongs-russia-moscows-state-run-media-declares-980774

I voted for the guy who's only been accused of one sexual assault, because that's less than nineteen, and women are people.

Interesting take! Sounds as though the majority of your opinion is relatively reflective of the mainstream media's portrayal of Donald Trump, so i would say your views are probably held by many people. As far as your comments regarding the children at the Southern US border, I believe this entire issue has been entirely exaggerated by the media, mainly because the same exact situation has occurred, often times to a further extent, in previous administrations, but the media chooses to single out Trump as the sole proprietor of this situation. This issue is in the way the law is written and enforced, and in order to amend this law, democrats would have to be willing to do so, but they are more interested in maintaining the current visual than they are about actually creating law to change this situation, it seems to me. I think everyone agree children being separated from their parents at any age is terrible, but I think the optics of this situation are incredibly biased.

I find Trumps foreign policy agenda and strategy to be incredibly interesting in that it is unpredictable, but thus far effective (NATO, North Korea, Israel, etc.) I think that he should be more reserved in his words toward the US allies, like the NATO countries, but he is a deal maker at heart and will not bite his tongue when he senses something is off.

As far as any Russian-Trump business goes, I think that anyone who still believes that Trump and his campaign actively sought Russian help is absurd. I agree that Russia certainly meddled in the election, and that has to stop, but if Trump was a pawn of Putin's and was loyal to him, which is an insane assertion often muttered by the left, than he would not be building up NATO, kicking out Russian diplomats, arming Ukraine, and economically sanctioning Russia (all of which are inflammatory actions and unfavourable for Russia).

I think the main issue that most people have with Trump is how he handles rhetoric in a nontraditional manner, because apart from that, there have been few actions that he has taken, apart from the travel ban, that have been inflammatory or marginalizing.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 11:33 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
El, I was thinking the same thing for his line combos. Definitely good the right and left sides...mixed.

Regarding trade tariffs. It really hasn't been mentioned why I think Trump and others throughout the years want them. Let's talk 2018. Due to the less tax revenue been taken in by the US government due to lessening of corporate taxes, the treasury has to make up that difference somehow. And its through, tariffs which have always been shown are inflationary. The reality is there will not be a net gain for jobs...for any country. It just makes businesses often more inefficient and raises costs to the consumer ultimately.

I think you mistake his strategy. Trump is almost certainly not a fan of tariffs and would much prefer open and free trade, but he believes the US is entered into pre-existing trade deals that unfavorably treat the US by either preventing US goods from passing Tariff free into other countries or massively taxing those exports. Tariff implementation is setting the table for the US - eventually, sales for the countries affected will drop due to increased prices to maintain profit, and at this point, countries will be willing to sit down and will be willing to give up more on their end in order to remove the tariffs on their products. The US again has the upper hand in all of these negotiations because they are one of few countries with enough consumers and manufacturers within their own border than they aren't reliant on imports, despite being a consumer of imports. The exporting countries rely on the US to fill their orders, and if heavily tariffed, they will struggle keeping profitability at high levels and will be forced to restructure.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 12:05 p.m.
Who adds what?
Quoting: palhal

So true. We've got factories closing down and moving overseas, but we've also got $2 trillion in new debt since Trump took office. Who would have thought that electing a gameshow host and real estate developer based on his stated desire to improve trade deals and policies painstakingly built by career experts could possibly fail? Oh, right. Most people.

Quoting: johnnyu22
Interesting take! Sounds as though the majority of your opinion is relatively reflective of the mainstream media's portrayal of Donald Trump, so i would say your views are probably held by many people. As far as your comments regarding the children at the Southern US border, I believe this entire issue has been entirely exaggerated by the media, mainly because the same exact situation has occurred, often times to a further extent, in previous administrations, but the media chooses to single out Trump as the sole proprietor of this situation. This issue is in the way the law is written and enforced, and in order to amend this law, democrats would have to be willing to do so, but they are more interested in maintaining the current visual than they are about actually creating law to change this situation, it seems to me. I think everyone agree children being separated from their parents at any age is terrible, but I think the optics of this situation are incredibly biased.

I find Trumps foreign policy agenda and strategy to be incredibly interesting in that it is unpredictable, but thus far effective (NATO, North Korea, Israel, etc.) I think that he should be more reserved in his words toward the US allies, like the NATO countries, but he is a deal maker at heart and will not bite his tongue when he senses something is off.

As far as any Russian-Trump business goes, I think that anyone who still believes that Trump and his campaign actively sought Russian help is absurd. I agree that Russia certainly meddled in the election, and that has to stop, but if Trump was a pawn of Putin's and was loyal to him, which is an insane assertion often muttered by the left, than he would not be building up NATO, kicking out Russian diplomats, arming Ukraine, and economically sanctioning Russia (all of which are inflammatory actions and unfavourable for Russia).

I think the main issue that most people have with Trump is how he handles rhetoric in a nontraditional manner, because apart from that, there have been few actions that he has taken, apart from the travel ban, that have been inflammatory or marginalizing.

I have disagreed with some parts of previous foreign policies as well. Nobody is claiming Trump is the first imperfect President. In the 20th century, as part of the Cold War, the US appeared to interfere with some Latin American elections that resulted in terrible dictators hurting their own people. As a matter of fact, that's probably why so many refugees still seek safety in America, which is something people can do in any country under international law, and shouldn't be jailed for. Trump doesn't seem to agree with that, or seek any advice from anyone who can explain it to him. I agree that for profit prisons were wrong under Obama and they were wrong under George W Bush. I voted for the first candidate who pledged to ban for profit prisons, Hillary Rodham Clinton. Such a bold move against corruption cost her a lot of advertising dollars, and may have contributed to her losing the electoral college, even before Russia hacked elections in at least three states, in what many democracies would consider an act of war, but Trump has responded to by, what was it again.... raising tarriffs on our Nato allies, and taunting them about trade? Right. Way to strengthen our alliances.

I agree with you that Trump could use a reserved tone to be more diplomatic, but I'm not sure what success he achieved with North Korea. He reached an agreement that is not enforcible and doesn't give us the right to check up on their nuclear program after he pulled us out of an Iran deal that was enforcible and did give us the right to check up on their nuclear program. The only reason I can see why both moves make sense is if he is looking to increase global arms sales. Whether that's for his own secret business interests or for someone else's, I have no idea. I certainly have no idea whether he sought Russia's help in winning the election. So far the public quotes on both sides have said all the effort came from the Russian side, but five of Trump's people still somehow seem to have made some sort of legal mistakes along the way, probably just by accepting help from a foreign power in a US election (http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-na-mueller-investigation-one-year/). That's not a thing we do, here, and it used to be something that both sides of the Aisle agreed was out of bounds.

I'm concerned by Trump's and some of his supporters' complaints about our media. Our nation was founded on the idea that free presses could help the people make good decisions and choose the right leaders. A leader who says he is better than reporters does not really embrace that value system. Free speech and a free press are how we maintain a functioning democracy. I would invite anybody who doesn't think the reporters we have today are getting stories quite right to go out and really find out what's happening, either through a news organization, or just start a blog and find out what's happening. Ask people for interviews. Double check the facts they present, against reliable sources, call experts. Figure out what is and isn't happening. Even if some of the stories you discover might surprise me, I'll always be grateful for more people earnestly pursuing truth on all sides. It's a noble profession.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 12:07 p.m.
Habs/Pens fan
I hate Trump too but this is a site about hockey, not Trump.
Jul. 24, 2018 at 12:40 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
More than anything I dislike about any individual's policies or politics is the new degree of "lies". It just wears down some who are seeking truth and correct policies. Is this example we set to young people how to make your way in the world, the biggest liars win and get their way.
I've always hated the party system (though I don't have an alternative) where it's always "us against them". Good policies should be the goal of our elected officials, not the desire to be elected just and being on the winning team.
Jun. 3, 2022 at 11:16 a.m.
RodolfBuck
Edited Jun. 3, 2022 at 2:25 p.m.
I guess it is going to happen again unsure But I think what they did with his tweeter account was totally wrong; It went against the First Amendment. If you read any free speech essays from professional sociologists (https://studyhippo.com/essay-examples/free-speech/), you will realize that freedom of address is a special factor of American democracy. So the right to voluntarily speak without constraint and censoring is a closely guarded human privilege, specifically in the United States.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit