NTC
UFA - 4
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,533,333$4,533,333
G
M-NTC
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Should PK run for Prime Minister
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Aug. 8, 2018 at 2:21 p.m.
I-LOVE-HOCKEY
David krecji isn’t that bad yes overpay but he worth 5,5-6 so close and in terms his contract is not that bad
Aug. 8, 2018 at 2:22 p.m.
ya hes not the worst on this list because he can still play an effective game but with his style of play, age and contract in the next 2 years it will get ugly
Aug. 8, 2018 at 2:24 p.m.
No Carey Price?
DirtyDangles liked this.
Aug. 8, 2018 at 2:31 p.m.
Suter has no merit being on this list. This guy has done nothing to say his contract is awful. Will he slow down? Yes. But this is a list that should be based off of current production on the given contract. And Suter has not underperformed.
Aug. 8, 2018 at 2:31 p.m.
Dubinsky has got to be on the list in comparison to what he contributes in scoring the last few years.
Kesler should probably also be considered.
Aug. 8, 2018 at 2:38 p.m.
GO BOLTS
Bobby Ryan 4 years at 7,250,000
DirtyDangles liked this.
Aug. 8, 2018 at 2:42 p.m.
Bcarlo25
any guy with a 3 year term or less shouldn't even be considered for this list, because there are definitely worse contracts. Carey Price HAS to be on that list. If we're considering 3 year deals, David Backes should bump David Krejci. Bruin for Bruin, David for David.
F50marco liked this.
Aug. 8, 2018 at 2:43 p.m.
how can you have a bad contracts list without bobby ryan?
Aug. 8, 2018 at 2:43 p.m.
and luongos contract isnt bad
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:11 p.m.
Weber's contract isn't even that bad. (Not great obviously but I'd take his contract over anyone elses who has 5+ years left on theirs.)

- No NMC/NTC.
- Has a contract with high cap - low salary.
- Crazy big recapture penalty to Nashville should he retire early due to injury/preference, etc so Nashville will need to trade for him back to not have to pay it.
- Plays great when he does play and should still be effective for a while. Chara is 41. Kronwall is 37. Keith is 35. Weber is 32!

Habs are only really screwed if he regresses so badly but stays healthy enough to play and is hard headed about it. but what do we know? He's already proving to be injury prone and surely won't enjoy playing in his latter years if that continues and he knows he's a nuisance to the team. He probably won't want to put his body through the rigors of NHL hockey while making only 1M a year neither. Let's just imagine he gets a rash of some sorts that stops him from playing...

So realistically, Weber is really signed for 7.8m x 5 years. He's been a stud ever since coming to MTL so I can imagine if he can stay healthy, he'll give MTL another 3-4 years of quality top pairing minutes. The 5th year may be a little harder but will he become absolutely worthless in the span of one year? Probably not. By that time he can take on a top 4 role if needed. Then after that 5th year, options start falling into the Habs lap.

Teams needing to reach the cap floor can do so with one player at a bare minimum cost as well as a having a solid mentor for other youngsters. If he decides not wanting to play for a 1M contract anymore and retires, Nashville now has to pay assets to get him back. Imagine Chicago or St Louis trading for Weber and not trading him back to Nashville if decides to retire? Crippling one of your division opponents like that could be a HUGE advantage.

So while yes his contract isn't exactly ideal, its not nearly as bad as those Parise and Suter deals where the player has all the control. Or even Seabrook who is far worse player than Weber is. Heck I'd take Weber's contract over even Boychucks whose signed for less long yes, but is also 2 years older, has a full NMC and isn't half the player Weber is now......

People need to stop looking at the 8 years and automatically considering him a cap dump. There's more to this deal that the others don't offer.
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:14 p.m.
Quoting: CD282
No Carey Price?

true but its carey price what are you gunna do. as long as he can get back into form he will earn his contract
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:19 p.m.
Quoting: F50marco
Weber's contract isn't even that bad. (Not great obviously but I'd take his contract over anyone elses who has 5+ years left on theirs.)

- No NMC/NTC.
- Has a contract with high cap - low salary.
- Crazy big recapture penalty to Nashville should he retire early due to injury/preference, etc so Nashville will need to trade for him back to not have to pay it.
- Plays great when he does play and should still be effective for a while. Chara is 41. Kronwall is 37. Keith is 35. Weber is 32!

Habs are only really screwed if he regresses so badly but stays healthy enough to play and is hard headed about it. but what do we know? He's already proving to be injury prone and surely won't enjoy playing in his latter years if that continues and he knows he's a nuisance to the team. He probably won't want to put his body through the rigors of NHL hockey while making only 1M a year neither. Let's just imagine he gets a rash of some sorts that stops him from playing...

So realistically, Weber is really signed for 7.8m x 5 years. He's been a stud ever since coming to MTL so I can imagine if he can stay healthy, he'll give MTL another 3-4 years of quality top pairing minutes. The 5th year may be a little harder but will he become absolutely worthless in the span of one year? Probably not. By that time he can take on a top 4 role if needed. Then after that 5th year, options start falling into the Habs lap.

Teams needing to reach the cap floor can do so with one player at a bare minimum cost as well as a having a solid mentor for other youngsters. If he decides not wanting to play for a 1M contract anymore and retires, Nashville now has to pay assets to get him back. Imagine Chicago or St Louis trading for Weber and not trading him back to Nashville if decides to retire? Crippling one of your division opponents like that could be a HUGE advantage.

So while yes his contract isn't exactly ideal, its not nearly as bad as those Parise and Suter deals where the player has all the control. Or even Seabrook who is far worse player than Weber is. Heck I'd take Weber's contract over even Boychucks whose signed for less long yes, but is also 2 years older, has a full NMC and isn't half the player Weber is now......

People need to stop looking at the 8 years and automatically considering him a cap dump. There's more to this deal that the others don't offer.

hold your horses with this novel first. u can type as many words as you want it wont change the fact that hes signed for 8 more years at 7.8 and has barely played any games. and wont play for at least half of next year. he will be useless by the time he hits 35 and still be under contract for 5 more years. crippling montreal when there relevent again.
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:19 p.m.
Quoting: sens65
and luongos contract isnt bad

your delusional
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:21 p.m.
Quoting: Bcarlo25
any guy with a 3 year term or less shouldn't even be considered for this list, because there are definitely worse contracts. Carey Price HAS to be on that list. If we're considering 3 year deals, David Backes should bump David Krejci. Bruin for Bruin, David for David.

a 34 year old signed for another 3 years at 7.25 is not good. i had backes on here originally but bumped him for the other david
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:24 p.m.
Quoting: jasalex
Bobby Ryan 4 years at 7,250,000[/quote

ya thats a bad one but idk hes only 31 and think he has another 2 decent season left in him if he was on a better team. he was very good when they made that run to ECF
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:26 p.m.
Quoting: Goldendelicious
Suter has no merit being on this list. This guy has done nothing to say his contract is awful. Will he slow down? Yes. But this is a list that should be based off of current production on the given contract. And Suter has not underperformed.

HE IS SIGNED UNTIL HE IS 40 AT OVER 7 MIL LOL. the whole thing about a contract is the productivity throughout the entire length. obviosly he not underperforming when hes still in his prime thats why he got the contract. but in a few years its not gunna be fun for minny with those 2 contracts
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:32 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: theturnaround
a 34 year old signed for another 3 years at 7.25 is not good. i had backes on here originally but bumped him for the other david

ya that would be awful.....

good thing he's 32 and not turning 33 until the damn playoffs start.
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:35 p.m.
hold your horses with this novel first. u can type as many words as you want it wont change the fact that hes signed for 8 more years at 7.8 and has barely played any games. and wont play for at least half of next year. he will be useless by the time he hits 35 and still be under contract for 5 more years. crippling montreal when there relevent again.

So any player that gets injured, can't come back? he played almost the full year last year and this injury is leading into the same one that had him out last year so.....

Andrei Markov had consecutive torn ACL's and played some his best hockey afterwards........at 33 years old.....

But I can already see Im wasting my time with my many words on you. Would you prefer grunts? Ehhhhhuenen arararragggghhhh uuuughhhhhssslsllslslllspsploserpspssis!!!!

You clearly have a crystal ball that can predict the future so no point debating anything right? Except I pointed out facts and potential things people aren't seeing. Where as all your doing is AAARRRRGGGHHHHH EEEHHEHEUEHEUEEHAAARARARAAAALL.....

rolling eyes
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:38 p.m.
ya that would be awful.....

good thing he's 32 and not turning 33 until the damn playoffs start.

ill give u that one. ill put a little respect on his name. i just looked at his numbers they aint that bad. not 7.25 mil worth but not terible. He didnt play very well in the playoffs against Toronto tho he looked gased.
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:42 p.m.
So any player that gets injured, can't come back? he played almost the full year last year and this injury is leading into the same one that had him out last year so.....

Andrei Markov had consecutive torn ACL's and played some his best hockey afterwards........at 33 years old.....

But I can already see Im wasting my time with my many words on you. Would you prefer grunts? Ehhhhhuenen arararragggghhhh uuuughhhhhssslsllslslllspsploserpspssis!!!!

You clearly have a crystal ball that can predict the future so no point debating anything right? Except I pointed out facts and potential things people aren't seeing. Where as all your doing is AAARRRRGGGHHHHH EEEHHEHEUEHEUEEHAAARARARAAAALL.....

rolling eyes

hahahahahaha lol i dont really know why your grunting. at end of the day your a canadians fan and thats bad enough as it is so. PK for prime minister. arrggggggggggggggg im a huge weber fan too im just saying its by far the worst contract in the league. dont doubt he can come back and compete but his years are past. give your head a shake
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:43 p.m.
Bcarlo25
ill give u that one. ill put a little respect on his name. i just looked at his numbers they aint that bad. not 7.25 mil worth but not terible. He didnt play very well in the playoffs against Toronto tho he looked gased.

pretty sure he was a point per game player in that series.

He's a 5.5 mill player getting an extra 1.75 pretty short term. Meh.
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:45 p.m.
Bcarlo25
hahahahahaha lol i dont really know why your grunting. at end of the day your a canadians fan and thats bad enough as it is so. PK for prime minister. arrggggggggggggggg im a huge weber fan too im just saying its by far the worst contract in the league. dont doubt he can come back and compete but his years are past. give your head a shake

He's not the worst contract in the league. Seabrook is waaaaaaaaaaaay worse. He's a million less and a year less right? and he can't play hockey anymore. Weber is still a first pairing d man who's really really good when healthy.
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:48 p.m.

The question wasn't are his best years behind him. If it was, I wouldn't have said anything because i would agree 100%. It was if it was the worst contract in the league or not, which I elaborated why it wasn't. With my many words.... but clearly those words flew over your head as half of your original comment was answered in my novel......
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:49 p.m.
pretty sure he was a point per game player in that series.

He's a 5.5 mill player getting an extra 1.75 pretty short term. Meh.

playing against the leafs D i could be a point per game player lol. No he had bad turnovers and weak d zone coverage. he always has decent offensive numbers so you cant really conplain
Aug. 8, 2018 at 3:54 p.m.
The question wasn't are his best years behind him. If it was, I wouldn't have said anything because i would agree 100%. It was if it was the worst contract in the league or not, which I elaborated why it wasn't. With my many words.... but clearly those words flew over your head as half of your original comment was answered in my novel......

you wanna know how i know he is the worst contract in the league. because in your original novel you were already thinking of ways to dump his contract or get out of it by trading. you dont do that if you are confident in your top pairing D man.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit