RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 2
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $787,500$787,500
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
    C
    UFA - 1
    $2,100,000$2,100,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    LW, C
    UFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $675,000$675,000
    C
    UFA - 2
    $863,333$863,333
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $650,000$650,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 4
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RD
    UFA - 6
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $4,050,000$4,050,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $675,000$675,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $675,000$675,000
    G
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333
    LD/RD
    UFA - 2
    $800,000$800,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Dec. 4, 2018 at 8:05 p.m.
    Smokewise Ganja
    typical leaf fans smh
    Dec. 4, 2018 at 8:24 p.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Hainsey has had his ups and downs for sure... but I’m with you. If he can’t start clearing the puck and being harder in it he needs to be replaced.
    DJSums17 liked this.
    Dec. 4, 2018 at 8:33 p.m.
    The guy is just too old and being played far too much. He’d probably be better on 16-18 minutes, but 21 is way too much. Give it to Ozhiganov. Also, Hainsey needs to get of the 1PK unit.
    Dec. 4, 2018 at 8:47 p.m.
    Typical leafs fan showing no respect for the guy rocking a +16, the best on the team. Maybe if interest was showed in the defense the leafs could have a better d core and Hainsey could play less minutes. Hainsey is old and they have him playing 21 minutes a night. You should be happy he's doing that for you because I don't see what other options are to be had.
    Eli liked this.
    Dec. 4, 2018 at 8:59 p.m.
    Who adds what?
    Quoting: TheJonSnow
    Typical leafs fan showing no respect for the guy rocking a +16, the best on the team. Maybe if interest was showed in the defense the leafs could have a better d core and Hainsey could play less minutes. Hainsey is old and they have him playing 21 minutes a night. You should be happy he's doing that for you because I don't see what other options are to be had.

This is just like all them young whippersnappers complaining about Brooks Orpik. What you twerps don't understand about being 38 is that your body gets less flexible, heals less quickly from small injuries, and you can all get off my lawn, and turn down that newfangled "rock and roll" music!

All that said, I think being fired into the Sun is a heroic and fitting retirement for a great hockey player.
    Dec. 4, 2018 at 9:30 p.m.
    Quoting: Eli
    This is just like all them young whippersnappers complaining about Brooks Orpik. What you twerps don't understand about being 38 is that your body gets less flexible, heals less quickly from small injuries, and you can all get off my lawn, and turn down that newfangled "rock and roll" music!

All that said, I think being fired into the Sun is a heroic and fitting retirement for a great hockey player.

"and you can all get off my lawn" lmao
    Eli liked this.
    Dec. 5, 2018 at 1:32 a.m.
    Quoting: smokewiseganja
    typical leaf fans smh

Yes cause every Leafs fan sees he's the most useless player on the ice every game. Hell at this point I'd take Marincin over him. At least Marry knows how to play defence.
    Dec. 5, 2018 at 10:26 a.m.
    Quoting: Eli

That's an awesome take! And a fitting ending for a "gud" pro, and a "gud" man.
    Eli liked this.
    Dec. 5, 2018 at 10:52 a.m.
    Quoting: NucksFanForLife
    The guy is just too old and being played far too much. He’d probably be better on 16-18 minutes, but 21 is way too much. Give it to Ozhiganov. Also, Hainsey needs to get of the 1PK unit.

I agree with this...maybe not the part about giving the minutes to Ozhiganov...but Hainsey is being worked too hard for his age. They'd do well to find a solid vet d-man that can take some of the load off him. Pending UFA's like Deryk Engelland, Nick Jensen or Adam McQuaid could be deadline adds
    Dec. 5, 2018 at 11:23 a.m.
    Quoting: Juice
    I agree with this...maybe not the part about giving the minutes to Ozhiganov...but Hainsey is being worked too hard for his age. They'd do well to find a solid vet d-man that can take some of the load off him. Pending UFA's like Deryk Engelland, Nick Jensen or Adam McQuaid could be deadline adds

I agree with you here, Juice. And with what Eli posted. The body is just not as resilient at Hainsey's age. But I really wish leafs fans could just sit back and enjoy the current run of success. I mean, we haven't even seen their full lineup on the ice yet this year. But even with hainsey losing a step he's still doing well right now, and for whatever reason, he's helping Reilly to have the season that he's having. Even so, i think they'll look to beef up the right side of the blue line by the trade deadline, and push Hainsey down next to Dermott.

Someone posted a deadline trade with the wings for Jensen and Nyquist awhile ago. That seems possible to me, and would shore up two relatively soft areas for the leafs with a LW and RD. But the problem with every trade is that it doesn't come for free... and despite spending too much time reading/thinking about the leafs right now, I'm not clear on what needs to remain in the budget for performance bonuses this year. I read somewhere that its $2M and change, given that its unlikely that Marner or Matthews will take home any hardware this year. It's a fair bit more if they do. And even with the Matthews injury, its not out of the realm of possibility that Marner/Matthews don't win something at year end
    NucksFanForLife liked this.
    Dec. 5, 2018 at 11:44 a.m.
    Quoting: blowing_the_zone
    I agree with you here, Juice. And with what Eli posted. The body is just not as resilient at Hainsey's age. But I really wish leafs fans could just sit back and enjoy the current run of success. I mean, we haven't even seen their full lineup on the ice yet this year. But even with hainsey losing a step he's still doing well right now, and for whatever reason, he's helping Reilly to have the season that he's having. Even so, i think they'll look to beef up the right side of the blue line by the trade deadline, and push Hainsey down next to Dermott.

Someone posted a deadline trade with the wings for Jensen and Nyquist awhile ago. That seems possible to me, and would shore up two relatively soft areas for the leafs with a LW and RD. But the problem with every trade is that it doesn't come for free... and despite spending too much time reading/thinking about the leafs right now, I'm not clear on what needs to remain in the budget for performance bonuses this year. I read somewhere that its $2M and change, given that its unlikely that Marner or Matthews will take home any hardware this year. It's a fair bit more if they do. And even with the Matthews injury, its not out of the realm of possibility that Marner/Matthews don't win something at year end

Marner is capped at $850k in performance bonuses as his ELC didn't include schedule B bonuses. Matthews, on the other hand, can get the $850k + and additional $2m in Schedule B bonuses. He hits this if he finishes in the top 10 for goals/assists/points or top 10 in points per game (or if he wins a major award). Either way, he's currently on pace to hit the additional $2m.
    Dec. 5, 2018 at 1:26 p.m.
    Marner is capped at $850k in performance bonuses as his ELC didn't include schedule B bonuses. Matthews, on the other hand, can get the $850k + and additional $2m in Schedule B bonuses. He hits this if he finishes in the top 10 for goals/assists/points or top 10 in points per game (or if he wins a major award). Either way, he's currently on pace to hit the additional $2m.

huh, it might be helpful then if he has another short injury, eh?

i idon't really mean that..
    Dec. 5, 2018 at 1:42 p.m.
    huh, it might be helpful then if he has another short injury, eh?

i idon't really mean that..

Last year's injury derailed him from getting the $2m....so...silver lining?

Leafs have built enough cap room this year to be able to cover off performance bonuses but that may change if they make a big deadline add
    blowing_the_zone liked this.
    Dec. 5, 2018 at 1:46 p.m.

Leafs have built enough cap room this year to be able to cover off performance bonuses but that may change if they make a big deadline add

fascinating. it's almost they desinged the cap in such a way to create drama and add some excitement to an accountants daily life!
    Dec. 5, 2018 at 10:20 p.m.
    Quoting: Jamiepo
    Hainsey has had his ups and downs for sure... but I’m with you. If he can’t start clearing the puck and being harder in it he needs to be replaced.

I would even accept him getting less minutes but I like my option better. Force Babcocks hand. Lol
    Dec. 5, 2018 at 10:23 p.m.
    fascinating. it's almost they desinged the cap in such a way to create drama and add some excitement to an accountants daily life!

This is the time that Pridham earns his money. Then again he made a HUGE chunk of his money on that Clarkson and Phaneuf trades. Lol
    blowing_the_zone liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll