LW, C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$4,500,000$4,500,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$4,025,000$4,025,000
RD
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 2
$800,000$800,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$4,650,000$4,650,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Mar. 11, 2019 at 1:34 a.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: jonesryan
Lol those are the dumbest comments I've read. No offence. But Nylander for Pesce is Hall for Larsson 2.0. Carolina gets a steal on that. Pesce is heavily defensive minded just like Larsson., Nylander is one of the best youngest pure talents in the league. Pesce and Larsson are both seen as 3-4 dman, Nylander and Hall are both seen as top line wingers that can play centre.. that's just a horrible trade for Toronto. There's a reason why they didn't make it when Nylander didn't have a contract: because its not fair value.

This is bad, and you should feel bad
capsin9 and mhockey91 liked this.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 1:41 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: mhockey91
I’m not even wasting my time to argue with clueless Leaf fans like yourself. Most bias person I’ve encountered on here in a long time. Clearly you see every other fan base on here saying nylander=pesce. Bruins fan say it, hawks fans say it, etc... just admit you’re being biased and move on bud. Mr “5 goals” nylander may not even bring in pesce right now Haha. I said the trade won’t happen cause both teams probably don’t have interest in doing it. The deal would’ve been made while nylander was a unsigned. Kappenen probably doesn’t even make Carolina’s top 6 next year lmao. Carolina has zero interest in doing that Trade

I was reading this argument and I laughed very hard at the “nylander is one of the youngest pure talents in the nhl” he’s not even in the top 20 when I think of young talent. He’s the most overrated player on this site. He’s very good but my god.

Also to put things into perspective.. his last month and a half he’s been as productive as Bura.... he’s on the capitals 4th line. So yeah most players a good month would be like 20 points in 15-25 games. He’s nowhere near that
mhockey91 liked this.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 1:52 a.m.
Banned
Lol. You must not watch hockey then. To suggest Nylander's value is at an all time low is pathetic. He's been one of the Leafs best forward for the past month and a half or so. Points are everything there bud. His totals are low cause he started off slow since he missed the first 2 months of the season and training camp. That takes a while to catch up to the rest of the league, shocked he was even able to before the season was over. Again, if the price was Nylander the deal woulda been made when he was a RFA. You continue to make dumb comments.

If Pesce was a true "legit top pairing shutdown dman" as you said, Carolina wouldn't have felt the need to go out and get someone else don't you think? If they already had Pesce as a top pairing guy, they'd use what they gave up for Hamilton for another need on the team. The fact is, Pesce is not a 1 or 2 dman right now. He's a 3-4 guy, and a very good one. But he may have reached his ceiling already and won't be much more than that when he's in the proper role. Even expert hockey analysts say that. So you saying that he's more than that, shows considerable arrogance on your half. Carolina has been rumoured to be very interested in Kapanen and Johnsson. Throw one of them with a 2nd (preferably Kapanen, but that's just my personal preference) and it gets you Pesce for Toronto. It adds what both teams need. Toronto gets their top 4 (not top pairing) guy that can bounce in between the top pairing and middle pairing. & Carolina gets a cost efficient, highly skilled winger to play in their immediate top 6. Both teams get guys with team control (Pesce with years left on his deal, Kapanen/Johnsson being a RFA and can sign ling term in Carolina). It makes more than perfect sense. Nylander is worth much more than Pesce straight up. Hence the reason he was talked about for Pietrangelo (an actually bonafide top pairing dman). Those are facts and analysts from hockey experts. So go watch some hockey and get a better view on it, then respond. Otherwise, I see no point in continuing this conversation.

Since the new year in 29 games nylander has 15 points and you said he’s been one of the leafs best player? The you don’t want him hockey thing is extremely played out. You clearly have little clue as to what a good hockey player is.

Andre Burakovsky in since the new year has played 29 games and also has 15 points. He also must be an elite young player. He’s also in our 4th line. lol man guy like you are funny bc you are so clueless but you get mad like a child who doesn’t get what he wants.
mhockey91 liked this.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 1:53 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Bcarlo25
This is bad, and you should feel bad

Since the new year nylander and Burakovsky have the exact production (29gms 15 points) I guess we have an elite player on our 4th line.
mhockey91 liked this.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 8:12 a.m.
Lol. Love how you blow past my point of actual hockey analysts saying that Pesce isn't worth Nylander. Like I give a **** what other "fans" say.. of course they'd want Toronto to give up more to get less to make them easier to play against. I'm not being biased, I've given you facts that are out there for everyone to look up and see. So I'll "admit to being bias" when you admit that you're making idiotic comments saying that a players value is based purely on his goals/points totals. LOL learn some hockey there kid.

If you don’t think nylander is struggling then you’re blind bud. Point/ goal totals are a big part of hockey if you’re a forward. And if you wanna use the “analytics argument” then you’d know that Brett Pesce is an absolute rock. So either way you’re argument is invalid lmao. Nylander is playing like garbage this year, and Pesce is a great shut down RHD. Kappanen isn’t worth even close to Pesce. Like I said kappanen doesn’t even make Carolina’s top 6 lmao so why would they trade Pesce who could bring in a haul for a 3rd line forward? You’re just being bias at this point lmao. Majority of people on here would agree with me on this one so idc what ONE leafs fan says. Nylander=Pesce end of story
capsin9 liked this.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 8:34 a.m.
Banned
Edited Mar. 11, 2019 at 8:55 a.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
If you don’t think nylander is struggling then you’re blind bud. Point/ goal totals are a big part of hockey if you’re a forward. And if you wanna use the “analytics argument” then you’d know that Brett Pesce is an absolute rock. So either way you’re argument is invalid lmao. Nylander is playing like garbage this year, and Pesce is a great shut down RHD. Kappanen isn’t worth even close to Pesce. Like I said kappanen doesn’t even make Carolina’s top 6 lmao so why would they trade Pesce who could bring in a haul for a 3rd line forward? You’re just being bias at this point lmao. Majority of people on here would agree with me on this one so idc what ONE leafs fan says. Nylander=Pesce end of story

Nylander + = pesce why would the canes want to break up a young fantastic d core for only nylander?
mhockey91 liked this.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 9:05 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: capsin9
Nylander + = pesce***** why would the canes want to break up a young fantastic d core for only nylander?

I'll put in my opinion on Nylander. First I'll never know why the Leafs over paid him. I look what Larkin good 6.1m. and his contract should have been closer to that.
His play, I have nothing against the way he plays. He holds onto the puck, he's tries to make plays in the offensive zone. He's OK defensively. He can play both centre and wing.
He had. two 20 goal seasons. So his production was OK but not great. Even if this year is a "mulligan" , slow start, third line minutes at right wing and centre. So what is his "max". It just might be his like his two seasons of 20 goals 40 assists.
He play especially in the offensive zone, looks better than his actually results.
If you have been reading my posts, he is the most likely candidate to be traded this summer (well if I was GM). Some team won't might his 6.96 cap hit, but will like his 4.9m cap annual cash payout for 5 years. Since the Leafs need cap, the trade will be futures not. for similar cap in return. A trade to the Canes....Nylander for one year of TVR at 2.4m and futures will be more likely deal.
capsin9 liked this.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 9:26 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: palhal
I'll put in my opinion on Nylander. First I'll never know why the Leafs over paid him. I look what Larkin good 6.1m. and his contract should have been closer to that.
His play, I have nothing against the way he plays. He holds onto the puck, he's tries to make plays in the offensive zone. He's OK defensively. He can play both centre and wing.
He had. two 20 goal seasons. So his production was OK but not great. Even if this year is a "mulligan" , slow start, third line minutes at right wing and centre. So what is his "max". It just might be his like his two seasons of 20 goals 40 assists.
He play especially in the offensive zone, looks better than his actually results.
If you have been reading my posts, he is the most likely candidate to be traded this summer (well if I was GM). Some team won't might his 6.96 cap hit, but will like his 4.9m cap annual cash payout for 5 years. Since the Leafs need cap, the trade will be futures not. for similar cap in return. A trade to the Canes....Nylander for one year of TVR at 2.4m and futures will be more likely deal.

That makes a lot of sense. Tvr would add cheap depth how much cap space dobthey need to open up or hard to say?
Mar. 11, 2019 at 10:03 a.m.
Edited Mar. 11, 2019 at 3:09 p.m.
This thread is amusing. Two sides on very opposite ends of the spectrum and I think I disagree with literally every post on here.

For starters...take any comment that says "Toronto would take this...or Carolina would/wouldn't" and throw it right in the trash. It's all meaningless banter unless you guys are in direct conversation with Kyle or Don.

When we're discussing the three guys here...Nylander, Pesce and Kapanen....spouting off that one is way more valuable that the other and claiming to be "right" can also get tossed right in the trash. Those are subjective opinions. A three are great players...but all three are very different players who have similar type roles (ie. probably valued very similarly) on their respective teams.

Nylander....is not overpaid at $6.9...at least not right now. There's a chance he becomes one of the biggest bargains for the leafs as of next year...depends on how he continues to develop. But a guy that puts up 60pts in his first two seasons and is 22yrs old is a very valuable asset. More importantly, I'll gladly wager that he stays a Leaf for the next 3 years. Has nothing to do with a Leaf bias of him being super valuable...it comes from the belief that the Leafs committed to him and view him as part of the core. IMO, he hasn't been one of the best leafs the past month...but it's obvious his legs are back. He's playing 3rd line centre with Brown and Marleau...not slouches...but not premier finishers either. I personally wouldn't trade him for Pesce straight up unless it was done under the premise that they needed to shave cap dollars

Kapanen....his value has sky rocketed. For me, him, Marner and Tavares have been the 3 most consistent leafs night in and night out. He's creating offence almost every time he's on the ice. Where Nylander excels at possession and stickhandling, Kapanen uses his skating to create opportunities. He's easily a top 6 forward and can slide into a 1RW role with relative ease while also being a dangerous penalty killer. I wouldn't want to lose Kapanen from the lineup but not sure how much $$ he's going to be asking for and if it'll fit.

For either Leaf, they will be subject to scrutiny and the question will be...how much of their output can be attributed to their linemates?

Pesce...IMO he is a top shut-down D-man. But that's about it. I'm trying to find a comparable to him...guys that stifle the opposition and can play 20min a night doing so, but can barely break 20 points a season. If you look at the way he suppresses passes to the slot, high scoring chances, etc...he ranks up there with the best in the league....but any guys in a similar category to him put up at least double the offense so it's hard to put a value on him. Realistically, strictly defensive D-men don't get the same love that a lesser 2-way d-man does....IMO he's the perfect pairing beside an offensive d-man either on the first or second pair.

To say who would fetch who is not possible. Don Waddell is typically stingy with his assets so one can imagine that he'd want more than just Kapanen. We're not really sure yet how aggressive a GM Dubas will be...but his comments prior to the deadline that 'we are not trading Kapanen' suggested to me that he WAS okay to move him, but wanted his value in a trade to be higher than other GM's were suggesting.

IMO a lot will come down to 2 things.

1. How each team performs in the playoffs (assuming Carolina gets in, which I think they do). If the leafs get beat by bad D and/or the Hurricanes struggle to score, it may loosen the purse strings for that GM. They match up well as trade partners given the surplus of offence for Toronto and defence for Carolina...but neither side HAS to make a trade...and so I think that's why neither side felt the urge to pull the trigger yet. We'll see if that changes.

In the meantime, I'll continue to believe that any disrespectful arguing involving these 3 guys and debating which side would or wouldn't need to add as being completely trash because it's subjective and will be based on factors many of us are not privy to
EHPower27 liked this.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 11:45 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: capsin9
Since the new year in 29 games nylander has 15 points and you said he’s been one of the leafs best player? The you don’t want him hockey thing is extremely played out. You clearly have little clue as to what a good hockey player is.

Andre Burakovsky in since the new year has played 29 games and also has 15 points. He also must be an elite young player. He’s also in our 4th line. lol man guy like you are funny bc you are so clueless but you get mad like a child who doesn’t get what he wants.

Lol. Another person who thinks hockey is all about points. Sure you aren't clueless too? I also said Nylander has been one of Toronto's top possession players too. But I see you blew right past that fact to try to make a point. Nylander controls the play a lot. He wins face offs. He generates offence. But these are all things that don't necessarily produce points because points are dependant on many things some some things that are out of his control. I really don't care what you think. & the fact that you jump in on a conversation that you weren't involved in just says that you're looking to start something further. Go troll somewhere else kid.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 12:21 p.m.
Banned
Lol. Another person who thinks hockey is all about points. Sure you aren't clueless too? I also said Nylander has been one of Toronto's top possession players too. But I see you blew right past that fact to try to make a point. Nylander controls the play a lot. He wins face offs. He generates offence. But these are all things that don't necessarily produce points because points are dependant on many things some some things that are out of his control. I really don't care what you think. & the fact that you jump in on a conversation that you weren't involved in just says that you're looking to start something further. Go troll somewhere else kid.

Okay jaskin is the capitals best possession player? And I’m not trolling just being honest. Nylander is Toronto’s 4-5th best forward, payed more than he’s actually worth, average at best defensively and seems to be a 60 point guy at best... possession numbers and most advanced stats are misleading. The capitals are brutal when it comes to advanced metrics and they just won a cup. To say points only matter is dumb but to completely say they aren’t important is more dumb. Unless nylander is a Barkov/ berg type player where he’s known for his 2 way game points seem to be an important measuring tool. He’s producing like bura and that’s not very impressive for a guy you said was the leafs best player the last month and a half
Mar. 11, 2019 at 3:10 p.m.
Quoting: Juice
This thread is amusing. Two sides on very opposite ends of the spectrum and I think I disagree with literally every post on here.

For starters...take any comment that says "Toronto would take this...or Carolina would/wouldn't" and throw it right in the trash. It's all meaningless banter unless you guys are in direct conversation with Kyle or Don.

When we're discussing the three guys here...Nylander, Pesce and Kapanen....spouting off that one is way more valuable that the other and claiming to be "right" can also get tossed right in the trash. Those are subjective opinions. A three are great players...but all three are very different players who have similar type roles (ie. probably valued very similarly) on their respective teams.

Nylander....is not overpaid at $6.9...at least not right now. There's a chance he becomes one of the biggest bargains for the leafs as of next year...depends on how he continues to develop. But a guy that puts up 60pts in his first two seasons and is 22yrs old is a very valuable asset. More importantly, I'll gladly wager that he stays a Leaf for the next 3 years. Has nothing to do with a Leaf bias of him being super valuable...it comes from the belief that the Leafs committed to him and view him as part of the core. IMO, he hasn't been one of the best leafs the past month...but it's obvious his legs are back. He's playing 3rd line centre with Brown and Marleau...not slouches...but not premier finishers either. I personally wouldn't trade him for Pesce straight up unless it was done under the premise that they needed to shave cap dollars

Kapanen....his value has sky rocketed. For me, him, Marner and Tavares have been the 3 most consistent leafs night in and night out. He's creating offence almost every time he's on the ice. Where Nylander excels at possession and stickhandling, Kapanen uses his skating to create opportunities. He's easily a top 6 forward and can slide into a 1RW role with relative ease while also being a dangerous penalty killer. I wouldn't want to lose Kapanen from the lineup but not sure how much $$ he's going to be asking for and if it'll fit.

For either Leaf, they will be subject to scrutiny and the question will be...how much of their output can be attributed to their linemates?

Pesce...IMO he is a top shut-down D-man. But that's about it. I'm trying to find a comparable to him...guys that stifle the opposition and can play 20min a night doing so, but can barely break 20 points a season. If you look at the way he suppressed passes to the slot, high scoring chances, etc...he ranks up there with the best in the league....but any guys in a similar category to him put up at least double the offense so it's hard to put a value on him. Realistically, strictly defensive D-men don't get the same love that a lesser 2-way d-man does....IMO he's the perfect pairing beside an offensive d-man either on the first or second pair.

To say who would fetch who is not possible. Don Waddell is typically stingy with his assets so one can imagine that he'd want more than just Kapanen. We're not really sure yet how aggressive a GM Dubas will be...but his comments prior to the deadline that 'we are not trading Kapanen' suggested to me that he WAS okay to move him, but wanted his value in a trade to be higher than other GM's were suggesting.

IMO a lot will come down to 2 things.

1. How each team performs in the playoffs (assuming Carolina gets in, which I think they do). If the leafs get beat by bad D and/or the Hurricanes struggle to score, it may loosen the purse strings for that GM. They match up well as trade partners given the surplus of offence for Toronto and defence for Carolina...but neither side HAS to make a trade...and so I think that's why neither side felt the urge to pull the trigger yet. We'll see if that changes.

In the meantime, I'll continue to believe that any disrespectful arguing involving these 3 guys and debating which side would or wouldn't need to add as being completely trash because it's subjective and will be based on factors many of us are not privy to

This may be the only level-headed, reasonable post in this entire thread

I did not think this would start such a massive flame war on a post that didn't even involve Nylander lol
Juice liked this.
Mar. 11, 2019 at 3:14 p.m.
Quoting: EHPower27
This may be the only level-headed, reasonable post in this entire thread

I did not think this would start such a massive flame war on a post that didn't even involve Nylander lol

haha...I'm all for respectful debate...have no issues with people voicing their opinions...but too many people in this thread (and many others) like to claim the intellectual high ground based entirely on their own opinion.

Based on the fan bases of each side...I think (for CF posters anyway)....Nylander > Pesce > Kapanen. And there's probably not a huge gap between the 3....so when leaf fans hear Pesce will cost Nylander +...they spout off. When Carolina fans see Pesce for Nylander..they want a bit added. All fair and reasonable IMO.
EHPower27 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll