RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$1,050,000$1,050,000
LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 1
$812,500$812,500
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 6, 2019 at 9:56 a.m.
Kings v5 GM
that was such a bad trade for buffalo. they had to do it but they barely got anything in return
Jun. 6, 2019 at 10:00 a.m.
Stripes77
Now build the rest of the roster...

You have Okposo as your 1st line RWer, Reinhart as #2 and nobody else, then there is the blue line issues.

The trade was bad but this roster needs 6 good players to make this a good team and only $16 million in cap space not to mention Reinhart needing a new deal at the end of this season and Dahlin needing one the year after.
Jun. 6, 2019 at 10:03 a.m.
BiscuitBakesHotTaeks
Jason’s Botterill should lose his job over this trade. But he won’t because his bosses, like he is, are cowards and happy to settle for “improvement” and “development.”

We are doomed in Buffalo forever.
SalamiCheese liked this.
Jun. 6, 2019 at 10:05 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Ive heard a year ago that he is a cancer tho lol

Botterill should lose his job over this trade.
Jun. 6, 2019 at 10:42 a.m.
Only an idiot would make a deal like that, or a drunk as a skunk.
Jun. 6, 2019 at 10:52 a.m.
Quoting: SammyT_51

Absolutely lol, the trade is horrible. Also I read yesterday (from a reputable journalist) that Botterill was asking three first rounders from Montreal for ROR, which included last year's third overall selection and the 2019 1st rounder at that point seemed like a sure shot top 10 pick (+ an extra 1st rounder for 2020 I'm assuming). I get their divisional rivals but man that's a seriously ridiculous price, especially compared to what he settled for. Overall he just looks like someone that doesn't really know what he's doing.
Jun. 6, 2019 at 11:10 a.m.
Eichel Tower
Tell me what is the captain of the team purpose?
Is the captain suppose to lead?
How can the captain lead if he has given up?
What do you do with a Captain that has given up?
When did O'Reilly "Lead" the Sabres to the playoffs?
Ottawa had to trade Hoffman last year due to locker room issues. Have you compared his stats to O'Reilly's the three years before their trades? Have you compared the return for each player?
With Perron, O'Reilly and Bozak added the Blues, by how many points did the Blues improve over the previous year?
Where were the Blues prior to Binnington joining the team?
Without O'Reilly, Kane and Lehner did the Sabres improve over last year?
Compare what the Sabres gave up to get O'Reilly, then compare what the Sabre got when he was traded away.
You are all correct, we want players who quit on our team, we will win many cups if we had 20 of them.
You are all correct, it was the worse trade in the team history.
You are all correct, Betterall should be fired.
You are all correct, we want players of character who run away from an accident instead of taking responsibility.
We should trade our next 10 first round picks so he can lead this team to the Stanley cup, just he lead the team to the playoffs.

Quoting: Jack_
that was such a bad trade for buffalo. they had to do it but they barely got anything in return

Quoting: Stripes77
Now build the rest of the roster...

You have Okposo as your 1st line RWer, Reinhart as #2 and nobody else, then there is the blue line issues.

The trade was bad but this roster needs 6 good players to make this a good team and only $16 million in cap space not to mention Reinhart needing a new deal at the end of this season and Dahlin needing one the year after.

Quoting: BiscuitBakesandHotTaeks
Jason’s Botterill should lose his job over this trade. But he won’t because his bosses, like he is, are cowards and happy to settle for “improvement” and “development.”

We are doomed in Buffalo forever.

Quoting: SammyT_51

Quoting: Cheesesauce
Only an idiot would make a deal like that, or a drunk as a skunk.

Quoting: EnglishFitzPercy
Absolutely lol, the trade is horrible. Also I read yesterday (from a reputable journalist) that Botterill was asking three first rounders from Montreal for ROR, which included last year's third overall selection and the 2019 1st rounder at that point seemed like a sure shot top 10 pick (+ an extra 1st rounder for 2020 I'm assuming). I get their divisional rivals but man that's a seriously ridiculous price, especially compared to what he settled for. Overall he just looks like someone that doesn't really know what he's doing.
Jun. 6, 2019 at 11:36 a.m.
Quoting: GMTD
Ottawa had to trade Hoffman last year due to locker room issues. Have you compared his stats to O'Reilly's the three years before their trades? Have you compared the return for each player?
With Perron, O'Reilly and Bozak added the Blues, by how many points did the Blues improve over the previous year?
Compare what the Sabres gave up to get O'Reilly, then compare what the Sabre got when he was traded away.
You are all correct, we want players who quit on our team, we will win many cups if we had 20 of them.
You are all correct, we want players of character who run away from an accident instead of taking responsibility.
We should trade our next 10 first round picks so he can lead this team to the Stanley cup, just he lead the team to the playoffs.

I have no problem to trade. He would not have brought us to the playoffs, given our coach and the overall level of the team. Well, if you're trading ROR, then bring back the good return, not this trash that Botterill brought back from St. Louis, 2C of a great level on the road is not lying, it was a terrible deal and now we're looking for 2C again. This is some kind of vicious circle.
Jun. 6, 2019 at 12:30 p.m.
not to beat the dead horse more, but my instincts tell me this was pegula driven. he seems old school and i feel like the word came down from him he did not want to pay $7 million on july 1 to a guy who said he lost his love for the game. i don't kill him for that statement, it was a tough season he just finished. but having already been paid basically his entire salary 3 months before the season, TP probably figured he would phone it in and ordered the trade prior to the bonus. the problem with that is he's a billionaire. pay the $7 million, and you could have received a better return for him, or, if the return wasn't good enough, hold on to him. he plays well in the world championships, and did again in 2018, so maybe that's all that was needed for him to be excited again. if he really was a locker room cancer, he still would have had the term and the points and defensive reputation to get a good return either at the trade deadline (like a deal to winnipeg for an injured at the time trouba, a good young prospect in roslovic that was stuck behind a logjam, and the late first they spent on a pure rental in kevin hayes) or at this upcoming draft with an increased salary cap and $7.5 for him looking like a better option than paying duchene 9+ million for more years. sorry cloppy, i'm done hitting your corpse now. RIP.
Jun. 6, 2019 at 9:49 p.m.
Eichel Tower
Quoting: ashleyschaeffer
not to beat the dead horse more, but my instincts tell me this was pegula driven. he seems old school and i feel like the word came down from him he did not want to pay $7 million on july 1 to a guy who said he lost his love for the game. i don't kill him for that statement, it was a tough season he just finished. but having already been paid basically his entire salary 3 months before the season, TP probably figured he would phone it in and ordered the trade prior to the bonus. the problem with that is he's a billionaire. pay the $7 million, and you could have received a better return for him, or, if the return wasn't good enough, hold on to him. he plays well in the world championships, and did again in 2018, so maybe that's all that was needed for him to be excited again. if he really was a locker room cancer, he still would have had the term and the points and defensive reputation to get a good return either at the trade deadline (like a deal to winnipeg for an injured at the time trouba, a good young prospect in roslovic that was stuck behind a logjam, and the late first they spent on a pure rental in kevin hayes) or at this upcoming draft with an increased salary cap and $7.5 for him looking like a better option than paying duchene 9+ million for more years. sorry cloppy, i'm done hitting your corpse now. RIP.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll