$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$2,916,667$2,916,667
C
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
C, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,600,000$7,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 5
$3,150,000$3,150,000
LD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$60,000$60K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,225,000$1,225,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$175,000$175K)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jul. 4, 2019 at 1:01 a.m.
Lehkonen = Bottom 6 winger
Juulsen = Bottom pair D
2021 first round pick = so far away from being an NHLer.

Montreal is not getting proverov for that
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 1:07 a.m.
Interesting offer but our LW core is our strength.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 1:11 a.m.
Zuke is the goat
Quoting: mhockey91
Juulsen = Bottom pair D

Replace Juulsen with Petry
Jul. 4, 2019 at 1:19 a.m.
Quoting: math731

Petry is good but the age gap is just too big. Proverov is untouchable imo.
Phil2893 and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 1:24 a.m.
Bandwagon fairweathe
Jets don’t want prospects for Connor or laine, if they are trading there youth, there going to want something established. If philly goes Connor for provarov, wpg stops there
mhockey91 liked this.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 1:36 a.m.
Billy739
its a good idea but as a MTL fan , you didnt offer enough
both players have value but we're getting an undispute #1 D prospect , WPG giving up a Top line Wing Goal Scorer .
we need to give up more

Drouin , Primeau and a 1st .
top Goalie prospect at every level he's competed. U18 WJC gold ,U20 WjC Silver, NCAA Reigning Mike Richter Award holder for Top Collegiate Goalie and 2/2 time All Star Goalie at NCAA level before age 19. Brought on for Team USA's World Championship team to learn from fellow Jersey Goaltender Corey Schneider. (i felt i needed to state the obvious , i've had asshats go '' never heard of him , pass'' more then once on Primeau so i stopped including him in deals a while ago)

Drouin's a great fit with Ehlers. Drouin-Mckinnon were great together but Drouin-Ehlers had chemistry on another level .
Putting them back together with Little in the middle and i think you got a good chance at them hitting 65-70pts each if Little can screen for them they can pepper goalies collecting eachothers rebounds . (in junior that's what Drouin would do alot and Ehlers would come in expecting a rebound and bam! its in the net)

2nd round pick -Conditional = if MTL makes ECF with Provorov playing 50% or more games the 2nd becomes a 1st in 2021
Jul. 4, 2019 at 2:16 a.m.
Quoting: Billy739
its a good idea but as a MTL fan , you didnt offer enough
both players have value but we're getting an undispute #1 D prospect , WPG giving up a Top line Wing Goal Scorer .
we need to give up more

Drouin , Primeau and a 1st .
top Goalie prospect at every level he's competed. U18 WJC gold ,U20 WjC Silver, NCAA Reigning Mike Richter Award holder for Top Collegiate Goalie and 2/2 time All Star Goalie at NCAA level before age 19. Brought on for Team USA's World Championship team to learn from fellow Jersey Goaltender Corey Schneider. (i felt i needed to state the obvious , i've had asshats go '' never heard of him , pass'' more then once on Primeau so i stopped including him in deals a while ago)

Drouin's a great fit with Ehlers. Drouin-Mckinnon were great together but Drouin-Ehlers had chemistry on another level .
Putting them back together with Little in the middle and i think you got a good chance at them hitting 65-70pts each if Little can screen for them they can pepper goalies collecting eachothers rebounds . (in junior that's what Drouin would do alot and Ehlers would come in expecting a rebound and bam! its in the net)

2nd round pick -Conditional = if MTL makes ECF with Provorov playing 50% or more games the 2nd becomes a 1st in 2021

But what team takes on Primeau? And what team has room for him especially as a major part of the trade?
Jul. 4, 2019 at 7:48 a.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
Juulsen = Bottom pair D

Quoting: math731

You forgot that Kulikov has a negative value (cap dump) and he's a part of the trade...
Billy739 liked this.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 1:08 p.m.
Quoting: yanp007
You forgot that Kulikov has a negative value (cap dump) and he's a part of the trade...

It’s not a great deal but it’s not worth dumping to lose Connor for less than fair value. Look at the mason+ Armia Trade last offseason. That makes more sense for Winnipeg. Package a decent bottom 6 forward to dump kulikov.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 10:14 p.m.
Billy739
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
But what team takes on Primeau? And what team has room for him especially as a major part of the trade?

PHI gets Connor and he's a prospect IMO just ahead of Provorov .
even tho Provo's a #1 D prospect , Connor's a #1 Goal Scoring Winger
the only team getting screwed was WPG but if they got Drouin , Primeau and a 1st pick it gives them value .

Drouin -Ehlers together gets them listening
Primeau gets them excited
the 1st closes the deal .

Its a TON for MTL to give up for just Provorov But its rare D like that become available unless drafted.
its not rare however to get a Drouin type player .
if Primeau was just coming off his first year Pro with success at AHL level we'd get more for him
but right now he's just a top goalie prospect and not proven to be as Elite as i know he'll be
Jul. 4, 2019 at 11:04 p.m.
PHI gets Connor and he's a prospect IMO just ahead of Provorov .
even tho Provo's a #1 D prospect , Connor's a #1 Goal Scoring Winger
the only team getting screwed was WPG but if they got Drouin , Primeau and a 1st pick it gives them value .

Drouin -Ehlers together gets them listening
Primeau gets them excited
the 1st closes the deal .

Its a TON for MTL to give up for just Provorov But its rare D like that become available unless drafted.
its not rare however to get a Drouin type player .
if Primeau was just coming off his first year Pro with success at AHL level we'd get more for him
but right now he's just a top goalie prospect and not proven to be as Elite as i know he'll be

I understand all of that, was just saying if Primeau is ready for the big show in lets just say a year or two(from what I've heard,correct me if I'm wrong) then the Jets have to make a decision on either Primeau or Hellabuck(most likely the latter) then it creates another problem(a good one) to try and get fair market value. Is all i was trying to say, but hey maybe I'm way off base as I don't know to much about Primeau, other than what uve posted on here.
Billy739 liked this.
Jul. 4, 2019 at 11:35 p.m.
Billy739
I understand all of that, was just saying if Primeau is ready for the big show in lets just say a year or two(from what I've heard,correct me if I'm wrong) then the Jets have to make a decision on either Primeau or Hellabuck(most likely the latter) then it creates another problem(a good one) to try and get fair market value. Is all i was trying to say, but hey maybe I'm way off base as I don't know to much about Primeau, other than what uve posted on here.

Primeau is really good right now in small samples .
played NCAA Round Robins Playoffs your looking at like under 50 games a year of actual play
then factor in the fact that they have no long road trips as events are around school as well
as the fact Primeau played 36/42 regular season games.

Given that Goalies from the CHL here in Canada go through the long road trips , long playoffs and long seasons
yet still need 2 years minimum in the AHL i think you're looking at Primeau starting by his 23rd birthday in 4 years .

then again he could do like Poehling , find his weakness and train the **** out of it .
Poehling was called slow , he worked on it year 1
called out for not being strong enough , puts on 25lbs of muscle in his 2nd year
this year they said he wasnt conditioned enough for a full season so he opted out of an off season
and is training for a full 82 game season .

Some players have that special drive where they're like '' dont tell me what i cant do , get out of my way while i do it '' attitude
Primeau does but whether or not that will move him along quicker or not is hard to tell ... like anything it will depend on who his teacher is in Laval
(waite doesnt handle AHL goalie in Laval , if needed he meets them in Brassard but 85% for Waite's job is Carey Price)

now i should clarify , he could start in the AHL in years potentially but it would be as a back up which is not ideal.
you never want a guy who's clearly going to be an NHL starter on some team only playing 10-20 games IF Carey allows him.
Price threw shade at Primeau last week when a reporter wouldnt shut up about Primeau and he shut him down '' doesnt mean anything until he does it in the NHL''
granted Price could be stating from experience how rough it is to come in and carry a team to quickly
but i honestly just saw it as him perceiving Primeau as a real threat
Jul. 5, 2019 at 12:09 a.m.
Primeau is really good right now in small samples .
played NCAA Round Robins Playoffs your looking at like under 50 games a year of actual play
then factor in the fact that they have no long road trips as events are around school as well
as the fact Primeau played 36/42 regular season games.

Given that Goalies from the CHL here in Canada go through the long road trips , long playoffs and long seasons
yet still need 2 years minimum in the AHL i think you're looking at Primeau starting by his 23rd birthday in 4 years .

then again he could do like Poehling , find his weakness and train the **** out of it .
Poehling was called slow , he worked on it year 1
called out for not being strong enough , puts on 25lbs of muscle in his 2nd year
this year they said he wasnt conditioned enough for a full season so he opted out of an off season
and is training for a full 82 game season .

Some players have that special drive where they're like '' dont tell me what i cant do , get out of my way while i do it '' attitude
Primeau does but whether or not that will move him along quicker or not is hard to tell ... like anything it will depend on who his teacher is in Laval
(waite doesnt handle AHL goalie in Laval , if needed he meets them in Brassard but 85% for Waite's job is Carey Price)

now i should clarify , he could start in the AHL in years potentially but it would be as a back up which is not ideal.
you never want a guy who's clearly going to be an NHL starter on some team only playing 10-20 games IF Carey allows him.
Price threw shade at Primeau last week when a reporter wouldnt shut up about Primeau and he shut him down '' doesnt mean anything until he does it in the NHL''
granted Price could be stating from experience how rough it is to come in and carry a team to quickly
but i honestly just saw it as him perceiving Primeau as a real threat

I should start by saying I've never seen you say that Primeau should be the habs backup goalie next year. I've see other habs fans talking about it which is why i thought a year or two. Also I respect and value your opinions as we have had unbiased conversations before, you are very straightforward no bias(which is refreshing). Now that uve explained that to me i retract my previous statement. I personally liked the deal just thought Primeau was closer to the nhl. Your right it would not be good to have him play as a backup(at any level) as it would stunt his development. I love players with the same attitude that Poehling has. And I did hear Price's comment and i agree I think he was throwing shade(just my opinion). All that being said Provorov or a player like him would make Montreal all the more scary and competitive. I hope that MB can find that defenceman because I want to see Montreal, make the playoffs. I'd love to see my leafs and your habs meet in the playoffs, it would be a very exciting and entertaining series that the league has missed for far to longsmile good luck with the rest of your off-season. I hope it goes well.
Billy739 liked this.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 1:19 a.m.
Billy739
I should start by saying I've never seen you say that Primeau should be the habs backup goalie next year. I've see other habs fans talking about it which is why i thought a year or two. Also I respect and value your opinions as we have had unbiased conversations before, you are very straightforward no bias(which is refreshing). Now that uve explained that to me i retract my previous statement. I personally liked the deal just thought Primeau was closer to the nhl. Your right it would not be good to have him play as a backup(at any level) as it would stunt his development. I love players with the same attitude that Poehling has. And I did hear Price's comment and i agree I think he was throwing shade(just my opinion). All that being said Provorov or a player like him would make Montreal all the more scary and competitive. I hope that MB can find that defenceman because I want to see Montreal, make the playoffs. I'd love to see my leafs and your habs meet in the playoffs, it would be a very exciting and entertaining series that the league has missed for far to longsmile good luck with the rest of your off-season. I hope it goes well.

first off i appreciate that , i try to talk hockey not just for habs as i watched a lot of these kids develop in Junior and am just happy to see them succeed .
i have my moments , the Aho Offer sheet i knew couldnt happen but boy o boy did i come up with 100 reasons why i could some fast hahaha

i'm gonna say something that will be looked at as wishful thinking to some but i think we'll end up moving Primeau before he takes Price's spot one way or the other . we're here in MTL the goalie Factory with Stephane Waite the man who built Price into what he is today (Price's words )with Coach Joel Bouchard leading development in the AHL . Why all this matter is that it makes Eric Crawford who's been lights out in every draft since Joining MTL from VAN in 2016.Crawford and Timmons have brought use Sergachev , Poehling,Kotkanemi,Caufield ,Brook,Mete Romanov ,Struble ,Fleury, Primeau ofcourse and those are just the one's who have or i guarantee to make they will make the NHL . We got another Half Dozen quality pieces from them in Olofsson ,Ylonen , Iknoen ,Vejdemo , and Pitlick who are about a 50/50 shot after 3 -4 years development .(Vedejmo's closer then those in europe and NCAA but still 2 seasons from being good enough to crack the habs roster without becoming screwed into a situation like Charles Hudon,Nicholas Deslauriers and Mathew Peca last year

What they do is grab goalies with size and mobility like Primeau , like Hawkey ,like Dichow-Nissen choosing to develop drafted goalies in NCAA or Europe while pulling undrafted goalies like Codon ,and Lindgren from the NCAA after graduation .

We dont attract **** for UFA's (love Chariot though) that being said we draft really well since Eric Crawford left VAN after stocking their cupboards with you.Timmons was great but adding his longtime friend to his staff created a 1-2 punch that see's us trade up with PHI of all teams to get the pick to take Primeau (i make fun of my boss about it constantly , he's a die hard Flyer fan)
Timmons and Crawford will find another awesome talent like Primeau and make him Price's replacement and although i love Primeau we're likely to leverage him in a trade with NJD who could use a NJ born 2nd generation superstar to help put butts in seats so the NHL can stop paying their operation cost's every year :P. Primeau's got value but for MTL we know there will always be another goalie , a top pair LD who could play 15+ years here if he chose to stay we dont develop as regularly .
Jul. 5, 2019 at 11:04 a.m.
first off i appreciate that , i try to talk hockey not just for habs as i watched a lot of these kids develop in Junior and am just happy to see them succeed .
i have my moments , the Aho Offer sheet i knew couldnt happen but boy o boy did i come up with 100 reasons why i could some fast hahaha

i'm gonna say something that will be looked at as wishful thinking to some but i think we'll end up moving Primeau before he takes Price's spot one way or the other . we're here in MTL the goalie Factory with Stephane Waite the man who built Price into what he is today (Price's words )with Coach Joel Bouchard leading development in the AHL . Why all this matter is that it makes Eric Crawford who's been lights out in every draft since Joining MTL from VAN in 2016.Crawford and Timmons have brought use Sergachev , Poehling,Kotkanemi,Caufield ,Brook,Mete Romanov ,Struble ,Fleury, Primeau ofcourse and those are just the one's who have or i guarantee to make they will make the NHL . We got another Half Dozen quality pieces from them in Olofsson ,Ylonen , Iknoen ,Vejdemo , and Pitlick who are about a 50/50 shot after 3 -4 years development .(Vedejmo's closer then those in europe and NCAA but still 2 seasons from being good enough to crack the habs roster without becoming screwed into a situation like Charles Hudon,Nicholas Deslauriers and Mathew Peca last year

What they do is grab goalies with size and mobility like Primeau , like Hawkey ,like Dichow-Nissen choosing to develop drafted goalies in NCAA or Europe while pulling undrafted goalies like Codon ,and Lindgren from the NCAA after graduation .

We dont attract **** for UFA's (love Chariot though) that being said we draft really well since Eric Crawford left VAN after stocking their cupboards with you.Timmons was great but adding his longtime friend to his staff created a 1-2 punch that see's us trade up with PHI of all teams to get the pick to take Primeau (i make fun of my boss about it constantly , he's a die hard Flyer fan)
Timmons and Crawford will find another awesome talent like Primeau and make him Price's replacement and although i love Primeau we're likely to leverage him in a trade with NJD who could use a NJ born 2nd generation superstar to help put butts in seats so the NHL can stop paying their operation cost's every year :P. Primeau's got value but for MTL we know there will always be another goalie , a top pair LD who could play 15+ years here if he chose to stay we dont develop as regularly .

Np, and me too. I like hockey but the team i root for the hardest is the leafs. You have every rea2to get excited about the Aho offer sheet as he's a fun and exciting player to watch. I think moving Primeau makes sense as like you said you can always draft or find another goalie. Give it a few years we also used to have trouble attracting fa success will take care of that and I think Montreal is alot closer then alot of ppl might think. Also i said it watching the draft and still maintain that Montreal got the steal of the draft(I'm a little jealous even though we didn't have a pick). Just curious what do you think about Jake Gardiner signing with you?
Billy739 liked this.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 9:55 p.m.
Billy739
Np, and me too. I like hockey but the team i root for the hardest is the leafs. You have every rea2to get excited about the Aho offer sheet as he's a fun and exciting player to watch. I think moving Primeau makes sense as like you said you can always draft or find another goalie. Give it a few years we also used to have trouble attracting fa success will take care of that and I think Montreal is alot closer then alot of ppl might think. Also i said it watching the draft and still maintain that Montreal got the steal of the draft(I'm a little jealous even though we didn't have a pick). Just curious what do you think about Jake Gardiner signing with you?

Honestly he's not a bad player so i say this with Respect
MTL doesnt need him , Romanov's in his final year of his KHL contract .
he's man handle 31 year old goons on the ice as a 18/19 year old reigning KHL Champ
he's built kinda small but he lays out some of the most gruesome clean hits you'll see in today's game.
as good as he is in a Physical role , his ability to make long 2 line passes that are Markov-esq is what will define him.
i truly believe h walks in a top 4 guy for the MTL Canadiens .

this year with Chariot ,Mete and Kulak i'm a little less confident but optimistic as its a solid group compared to last year.
really Gardiner's biggest hitch to me is he's just good enough to make us barely a playoff team this year then be in our way the next 6 after we get him.

IF Gardiner came in one a 3 year deal like Chariot knowing he's there to train his replacement and protect the youth with 0% chance of staying here longterm then i'd love to have him .
Jul. 5, 2019 at 10:40 p.m.
Honestly he's not a bad player so i say this with Respect
MTL doesnt need him , Romanov's in his final year of his KHL contract .
he's man handle 31 year old goons on the ice as a 18/19 year old reigning KHL Champ
he's built kinda small but he lays out some of the most gruesome clean hits you'll see in today's game.
as good as he is in a Physical role , his ability to make long 2 line passes that are Markov-esq is what will define him.
i truly believe h walks in a top 4 guy for the MTL Canadiens .

this year with Chariot ,Mete and Kulak i'm a little less confident but optimistic as its a solid group compared to last year.
really Gardiner's biggest hitch to me is he's just good enough to make us barely a playoff team this year then be in our way the next 6 after we get him.

IF Gardiner came in one a 3 year deal like Chariot knowing he's there to train his replacement and protect the youth with 0% chance of staying here longterm then i'd love to have him .

Couldn't agree more about Gardiner. Personally I wouldn't want to see the habs get him(that's a good thing). I've watched gards since his first game with us and honestly he's not that good. I only asked because I've seen alot of Montreal fans signing him in their threads. Gardiner will\would drive you nuts. He plays scared and makes too many mental lapses. Every once and a while he will show you glimpses of Brian Leetch, but they are few and far between. Personally i think he would do well if paired with Weber (who can cover for said mental lapses) as he would be able to carry the puck out of your zone while Weber stays back. But i think that's the only way it would work. You wouldn't want him teaching your younger players (unless its skating tips). Your probably better to just stay away especially since he had back problems late this year.
Billy739 liked this.
Jul. 5, 2019 at 10:57 p.m.
Billy739
Couldn't agree more about Gardiner. Personally I wouldn't want to see the habs get him(that's a good thing). I've watched gards since his first game with us and honestly he's not that good. I only asked because I've seen alot of Montreal fans signing him in their threads. Gardiner will\would drive you nuts. He plays scared and makes too many mental lapses. Every once and a while he will show you glimpses of Brian Leetch, but they are few and far between. Personally i think he would do well if paired with Weber (who can cover for said mental lapses) as he would be able to carry the puck out of your zone while Weber stays back. But i think that's the only way it would work. You wouldn't want him teaching your younger players (unless its skating tips). Your probably better to just stay away especially since he had back problems late this year.

yeah , the law of average's unfortunately apply's due to our size .
every fanbase has a healthy % of fans who dont know crap about the game , never played or learned the rules.
these people tend to be heavily into '' fantasy hockey'' so they only understand the individual success not the team's .

because MTL is so big , just like TML we have more fans who don't know hockey then some expansion teams have fans period .

i've always remained firm in saying that if you can find a Canadian junior hockey fan you're more then likely going find a knowledgeable fan .those who support players from the ground all the way to stardom tend to appreciate the journey where at best with Fantasy Fans you got 5 years before they start seeing you as a negative value .

i look at our conversation the last 2 message's alone has more practical hockey talk then i see on some posts 3 pages long .
this is what CapGeek's forum used to be like before its owner shut it down upon knews of his approach death .
it used to be a mix a amater scouts and fans talking value not price tag.
Jul. 7, 2019 at 5:13 a.m.
yeah , the law of average's unfortunately apply's due to our size .
every fanbase has a healthy % of fans who dont know crap about the game , never played or learned the rules.
these people tend to be heavily into '' fantasy hockey'' so they only understand the individual success not the team's .

because MTL is so big , just like TML we have more fans who don't know hockey then some expansion teams have fans period .

i've always remained firm in saying that if you can find a Canadian junior hockey fan you're more then likely going find a knowledgeable fan .those who support players from the ground all the way to stardom tend to appreciate the journey where at best with Fantasy Fans you got 5 years before they start seeing you as a negative value .

i look at our conversation the last 2 message's alone has more practical hockey talk then i see on some posts 3 pages long .
this is what CapGeek's forum used to be like before its owner shut it down upon knews of his approach death .
it used to be a mix a amater scouts and fans talking value not price tag.

Your absolutely right. Every fan base has their unreasonable, unrealistic, immature, biased, fans who live in denial. and their reasonable, realistic, mature, unbiased, fans who live in reality. Unfortunately for us our fan bases (Tor & Mon) are the largest in the game so we tend too be out numbered by the former ( as you said it the laws of average) which makes our fan bases look foolish to outsiders. I've seen alot of Marner offer sheet threads on here lately. I keep trying to explain to the fans of the other teams that they can have Mitch (for 4 1st's) they try to say that I'm really scared of an offer sheet and that I'm just putting on a front, but I tell them that either way its a win win scenario for us. Either your team offer sheets him and we take the pics (which we most likely use as trade bait) as well as the cap space to balance out our team, or we match and keep Mitch and figure out the rest latter. I mean Marner is a very fun and exciting player to watch\have on your team but he's not worth that amount of money. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that thought MM is a uber talented player he's just that and no one player makes or breaks your team. With or without Mitch we're still a playoff team who likely can't get out of the first round (depending on the match up and what we could do with those pics if we dont match). I also enjoy watching players start from the ground up and follow them after they are drafted. The last player I followed like that was Seth Jones (my favorite plaer in the NHL) however I just don't usually have enough time anymore now that I have two little ones, although i still try every chance i get. And that's why I enjoy our chats as we have no bias towards our own players or other teams players, its just good ole hockey talk. Most people I know don't follow sports enough to have or carry a conversation with. I wish it still was as I wasn't on here then? but now people take these ACGM'S way to personally. I mean why have a heart attack over what somebody posts? This is all just supposed to be for fun right.?? lol

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll