Forums/Armchair-GM

Carolina Fans

Created by: ForsbergForVezina
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 25, 2019
Published: Dec. 25, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Don't get too upset lol just testing values.

Mrazek has been okay this season, but I'd automatically consider Carolina in a league of their own if they just had that final piece in net. Chicago could use another bluechip prospect, regardless of position and Carolina has a couple really attractive ones.

Would be interested in a deal like this? Between Bean and Suzuki, who would CAR be more interested in moving, if either?

Genuinely interested idk
Trades
CHI
  1. Bean, Jake
  2. Mrázek, Petr
Additional Details:
Either Bean or Suzuki
CAR
  1. Koekkoek, Slater
  2. Lehner, Robin ($2,500,000 retained)
Additional Details:
Lehner agrees to a multi-year extension (I have no idea what that would look like)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$70,296,686$0$7,665,000$11,203,314
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 3
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$775,833$775,833 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes
$3,125,000$3,125,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 25, 2019 at 6:09 p.m.
I would have to guess they would rather keep Bean since Edmundson is a UFA and Gardiner has been underwhelming to say the least. But then again I'm not a Carolina fan
Dec. 25, 2019 at 6:13 p.m.
Quoting: Jesus
I would have to guess they would rather keep Bean since Edmundson is a UFA and Gardiner has been underwhelming to say the least. But then again I'm not a Carolina fan

I'd move Bean, we still have Pesce Dougie Slavin Fleury Priskie, McKeown, and maybe Kaski all signed or RFA's next year, then Honka Fensore and Webber in the system, and though we have similar forwards, imo Suzuki has a higher ceiling than Bean
Dec. 25, 2019 at 6:20 p.m.

Gardiner's been very good since the game vs. Boston. He isn't going anywhere. Personally I'm willing to give up both Bean and Suzuki for Lehner if an extension is in place, but if not, I'd probably focus on a package surrounding Bean.
Dec. 25, 2019 at 6:37 p.m.
Lehner is worth a lot more then a A-/B+ prospect and a overpaid backup goalie; this is terrible for the Hawks. Lehner, a top 5 goalie in the league, should get a 1st round pick and a prospect back but recognizing the Hawks would have to eat a backup goalie's cap hit in the process.
Dec. 25, 2019 at 7:44 p.m.
Edited Dec. 25, 2019 at 10:38 p.m.
Nope. Rental goalie who wants to hit the market. Not getting that. Sorry. Demand won’t be that high either, won’t be a bidding war. ??‍♂️ Non-playoff teams won’t be interested and most playoff teams are set. Small demand market, rental, rich goalie market in offseason. Cards are stacked against you, no matter how well he is playing.

If he had term...then you could get the kind of return you are looking for. But you would not be trading him then.
Dec. 26, 2019 at 6:57 a.m.
Hawks should just re-sign Lehner. They aren't going to get top prospects like Liljegren or Bean, and I doubt you'd get an unconditional 1st either.
Dec. 26, 2019 at 8:38 a.m.
exo2769
It'll be interesting for sure. STARTING goalies don't really get traded much. Carolina and Edmonton need starting goalies. We'll find out about AZ when Darcy gets back. Backups are a different story, but then it's a backup price. I'm a Hawks fan and I'm for extending Lehner, but if CAR was serious about winning they should give up one of their 1sts. Heck this is probably why they took on Marleau in the 1st place. Imagine last summer you could drastically improve your goalie and lose literally nothing, except some cash which Dundon is willing to do. It's a net win any way you look at it. Send TOR's 1st and there's literally no way to lose that trade from a CAR perspective. CAR isn't my favorite team (previously stated Hawks fan), but it's 2nd or 3rd because Dundon's been willing to make moves to make his team better.
Dec. 26, 2019 at 11:23 a.m.
CHI NYI

Edmundson has been pretty good for Carolina in a third pair, shutdown role. I can't imagine he'd cost too much to extend. He'll probably stick around. Gardiner could definitely be a trade target for the right team, but I can't imagine Carolina cuts bait too fast. He's been unlucky as hell this year, I think he'll bounce back.

That doesn't mean they won't move him if they need to clear money, but the numbers say he isn't supposed to be as bad as he's been
Dec. 26, 2019 at 11:29 a.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: ChiHawk
Lehner is worth a lot more then a A-/B+ prospect and a overpaid backup goalie; this is terrible for the Hawks. Lehner, a top 5 goalie in the league, should get a 1st round pick and a prospect back but recognizing the Hawks would have to eat a backup goalie's cap hit in the process.

I agree to a certain extent, but this guy is on a one year deal and the Hawks are potentially entering a more extended retool. I suppose if they could pull off a sign+trade they could get more back because he'd be locked in, but even then a solid, if flawed goalie in Mrazek and Bean, who has top-4 upside and has played great with Charlotte isn't a terrible return, maybe throw in a 2nd to replace the one they lost (which will unfortunately be mid 50s probably, but better than nothing).

If Lehner doesn't agree to an extension with whoever they trade him to, Chicago is probably going to get even less or at the very least, less of a guarantee (picks probably)
Dec. 26, 2019 at 11:38 a.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: Gofnut999
Nope. Rental goalie who wants to hit the market. Not getting that. Sorry. Demand won’t be that high either, won’t be a bidding war. ??‍♂️ Non-playoff teams won’t be interested and most playoff teams are set. Small demand market, rental, rich goalie market in offseason. Cards are stacked against you, no matter how well he is playing.

If he had term...then you could get the kind of return you are looking for. But you would not be trading him then.

You're telling me a team like Carolina, Calgary or even Florida (with how badly Bob has played) wouldn't take a shot on a top-10 goalie in the league, even if it was just a rental situation?

Carolina could legitimately contend for the Stanley Cup this season, but I don't trust Mrazek or Reimer to be the guy to take them deep. Maybe a top prospect wouldn't be what the Hawks get back if there's no extension in place, but an early pick, maybe a B prospect and a backup, cap dump goalie in return is completely fair.
Dec. 26, 2019 at 11:39 a.m.
Quoting: ForsbergForVezina
I agree to a certain extent, but this guy is on a one year deal and the Hawks are potentially entering a more extended retool. I suppose if they could pull off a sign+trade they could get more back because he'd be locked in, but even then a solid, if flawed goalie in Mrazek and Bean, who has top-4 upside and has played great with Charlotte isn't a terrible return, maybe throw in a 2nd to replace the one they lost (which will unfortunately be mid 50s probably, but better than nothing).

If Lehner doesn't agree to an extension with whoever they trade him to, Chicago is probably going to get even less or at the very least, less of a guarantee (picks probably)

Historically if you look at past TDL for rentals, guys like Hartman got a 1st round pick; look what Evander Kane pulled in. Lehner being a top 5 goalie isn't going to come cheap based on history. A 1st round pick and A-/B+ prospect is not out of the cards.
Dec. 26, 2019 at 11:45 a.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: ChiHawk
Historically if you look at past TDL for rentals, guys like Hartman got a 1st round pick; look what Evander Kane pulled in. Lehner being a top 5 goalie isn't going to come cheap based on history. A 1st round pick and A-/B+ prospect is not out of the cards.

Trust me when I say I'd love to get that kind of haul for him (I'd love to keep him and be good more but...). I just have my doubts. If they traded him today, then absolutely that would be the asking price, but at the deadline all sorts of crazy deals go down. In fairness, Hartman never should've been traded for that much. I guess it depends on whoever is more desperate
ChiHawk liked this.
Dec. 26, 2019 at 11:51 a.m.
Trust me when I say I'd love to get that kind of haul for him (I'd love to keep him and be good more but...). I just have my doubts. If they traded him today, then absolutely that would be the asking price, but at the deadline all sorts of crazy deals go down. In fairness, Hartman never should've been traded for that much. I guess it depends on whoever is more desperate

That's it, it's all about what a team is looking for and what is the available market. A #1 goalie of Lehner's talent is just not available and for Carolina, Lehner would be the difference of going the distance and not as Reimer and Mrazek aren't going to cut it. Hawks can get a better return then what Hartman got for that reason. Kane got a 1st, 4th and B- prospect. Lehner is worth more then E Kane.
Dec. 26, 2019 at 12:18 p.m.
Edited Dec. 26, 2019 at 12:45 p.m.
You're telling me a team like Carolina, Calgary or even Florida (with how badly Bob has played) wouldn't take a shot on a top-10 goalie in the league, even if it was just a rental situation?

Carolina could legitimately contend for the Stanley Cup this season, but I don't trust Mrazek or Reimer to be the guy to take them deep. Maybe a top prospect wouldn't be what the Hawks get back if there's no extension in place, but an early pick, maybe a B prospect and a backup, cap dump goalie in return is completely fair.

Carolina would. Doubt Florida will. Tho it sounds like they are interested in Craig Anderson as a backup so maybe. Calgary iffy. That’s the point. Only a couple of teams would be interested. Will keep the price dowm.

Historically goalie trade value has always been lower than it should be.

Lehner had a 2 year 5m offer from Carolina and turned it down to take 1 year from Chicago. Not sure they are going to be in any hurry to trade for him. Rantaa would be a better option for them. He has term Zona says they’d make him available. They can’t afford a 4m+ backup.

Teams are not giving away 1sts like they are candy anymore. I doubt you’d get much more than a 2nd for 2 months of a goalie rental unless it was part of bigger package. Or there was an extension involved.

Mrazek is garbage. Reimer has been every bit as good as Lehner if not better. Do i trust him...no. But 2 years ago Lehner was garbage too. Turned it around. Maybe Reimer is as well. Maybe not. If they can upgrade at a reasonable cost. If not they are not worried about it currently.
I_Am_Atem liked this.
Dec. 26, 2019 at 2:31 p.m.
CHI NYI
Quoting: Gofnut999
Carolina would. Doubt Florida will. Tho it sounds like they are interested in Craig Anderson as a backup so maybe. Calgary iffy. That’s the point. Only a couple of teams would be interested. Will keep the price dowm.

Historically goalie trade value has always been lower than it should be.

Lehner had a 2 year 5m offer from Carolina and turned it down to take 1 year from Chicago. Not sure they are going to be in any hurry to trade for him. Rantaa would be a better option for them. He has term Zona says they’d make him available. They can’t afford a 4m+ backup.

Teams are not giving away 1sts like they are candy anymore. I doubt you’d get much more than a 2nd for 2 months of a goalie rental unless it was part of bigger package. Or there was an extension involved.

Mrazek is garbage. Reimer has been every bit as good as Lehner if not better. Do i trust him...no. But 2 years ago Lehner was garbage too. Turned it around. Maybe Reimer is as well. Maybe not. If they can upgrade at a reasonable cost. If not they are not worried about it currently.

I mean I guess it depends on how highly you value Lehner. He’s still fairly young (three years on Reimer), in the middle of a second consecutive .920+ SV% season and plays behind a horrendous defense. I think he’s a top-10 (maybe top-5) goalie in the league, well worth the proposed deal and maybe more if you can extend him (which I did mention a prospective deal would include).

Goalies of this caliber don’t get traded mid-season often, so there isn’t much of a recent precedent, which is why gauging value is so difficult. I guess the most recent example would be Ryan Miller? I think the Hawks would be lucky to get that kind of package but I don’t think they’re going to settle for a pick in the middle of the 2nd round either, especially with Carolina really needing that final piece.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll