UFAYEARSCAP HIT
3$5,000,000
2$3,750,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
2nd Line, Center
1$700,000
Trades
BUF
    Offer me a top 6 forward, all of these players, picks and prospects on the table.
    ANA
    1. Borgen, William
    2. Bryson, Jacob
    3. Davidsson, Marcus
    4. Hutton, Carter
    5. Johnson, Ryan
    6. Laaksonen, Oskari
    7. Luukkonen, Ukko-Pekka
    8. McCabe, Jake
    9. Pekar, Matej
    10. Ristolainen, Rasmus
    11. Samuelsson, Mattias
    12. Thompson, Tage
    13. 2020 1st round pick (BUF)
    14. 2020 2nd round pick (BUF)
    15. 2021 1st round pick (BUF)
    16. 2021 2nd round pick (BUF)
    17. 2022 1st round pick (BUF)
    18. 2022 2nd round pick (BUF)
    Buyouts
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the DAL
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    Logo of the BUF
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    20$81,500,000$72,943,334$1,487,500$4,337,500$8,556,666
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
    $9,000,000$9,000,000
    LW, RW
    NMC
    UFA - 7
    $10,000,000$10,000,000
    C
    UFA - 6
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 2
    $4,500,000$4,500,000
    LW, RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    2nd Line, Center
    $700,000$700,000
    $7,000,000$7,000,000
    RW
    UFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    $894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
    C, LW
    UFA - 3
    $1,750,000$1,750,000
    LW, RW, C
    UFA - 1
    $845,000$845,000
    LW, C
    RFA - 1
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    RW, C
    UFA - 2
    $6,000,000$6,000,000
    RW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    $925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
    RD
    RFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD/RD
    UFA - 4
    $4,250,000$4,250,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    G
    UFA - 3
    $1,000,000$1,000,000
    LD
    UFA
    $3,875,000$3,875,000
    RD
    UFA - 2
    $3,750,000$3,750,000
    G
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 2:08 p.m.
    Quoting: OldNYIfan
    You can't trade the seventh overall 2020 first.

But if you lose your mind and put it on the table, we'll take it off for Adam Henrique and the Boston first. If you get bumped down to ninth, it changes to our own second.

not trading it for henrique
    Jdfitz77 liked this.
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 2:23 p.m.
    Once a Kings Fan Too
    Quoting: sabres1108
    not trading it for henrique

See that slot on your diagram, marked "2nd Line, Center"? I thought everyone agreed with you that you need one.
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 2:26 p.m.
    See that slot on your diagram, marked "2nd Line, Center"? I thought everyone agreed with you that you need one.

Id rather just put Reinhart or Cozens at 2C than trade a top 10 pick to get a 30 year old Adam Henrique
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 2:33 p.m.
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.
    Quoting: Lsendel3
    10% share of goals increase with him then without.. but doesn’t help the team win. If he isn’t anything more then a decent 3rd pairing, like you keep implying (which is just not close to accurate, but l’ll bite) why would you want to trade for him on your team anyways knowing that the price would be inflated because if draft position for caliber of player? Logic seems faulty here, unless it’s just to bash a 19 year old with 84 points already to his name.

I'm not bashing him at all, I'm just telling the truth. I'm sorry if that hurts.

I haven't made a trade offer because I wanted to gauge Sabres fans attitude towards the player, and obviously you guys think he's a human cheat mode. I looked up the stats to confirm and formulate an offer, and I find that the actual hockey results differ vastly from the prevailing attitude. So there really isn't an offer here at all, Dahlin doesn't move the needle and I'd have to give up several players who actually do, which is counter productive for a team that is now in it's window of contending. I think Dahlin will be a very good player - possibly a top-10 defenseman - but he isn't close to that now and the Oilers aren't in early build mode.

To be honest, I was disappointed at what I found today; I though he was playing at least 2nd pairing comp and probably killing those minutes. Hopefully we see a massive step forward next year, because I'm a big fan of the player and want him to succeed.

As for the numbers, you'd expect a +2.48 CF% rel from just about any player who was given the treatment Dahlin has been - well over 60% OZ starts, easiest comp, OTF starts, etc. Frankly that possession number is pretty poor given the advantageous ice-time he's being gifted. For comparison, Drew Doughty achieved better numbers (+2.65 CF% rel and +10.14 GF% rel and +4.30 xGF% rel) in his second season despite playing the toughest minutes of any player on his team. Dahlin's possession numbers this year are similar to Sergachev's from his 19-year-old (rookie) season in Tampa - massive amount of sheltering and lots of offensive opportunities, mediocre possession numbers and 40 points. Their scoring rates at 5v5 were identical: 1.29 P/60 for Sergachev and 1.28 P/60 for Dahlin. Dahlin had better GF% rel, but worse xGF% rel. Keep in mind it more difficult to put up great "rels" on a very good team like Tampa Bay.

Sergachev is a very good young player so that's not a bad comp, but he isn't in the same echelon as the superstar forwards mentioned above.
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 3:09 p.m.

okay so you're knocking him for getting PP ice time. The kid is quarterbacking a PP1 as a teenager d-man...

He didn't play 25 mins a night against top competition and win the norris as a 19 y.o. so hes a bust lol
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 3:21 p.m.
    Quoting: CD282
    I'm not bashing him at all, I'm just telling the truth. I'm sorry if that hurts.

I haven't made a trade offer because I wanted to gauge Sabres fans attitude towards the player, and obviously you guys think he's a human cheat mode. I looked up the stats to confirm and formulate an offer, and I find that the actual hockey results differ vastly from the prevailing attitude. So there really isn't an offer here at all, Dahlin doesn't move the needle and I'd have to give up several players who actually do, which is counter productive for a team that is now in it's window of contending. I think Dahlin will be a very good player - possibly a top-10 defenseman - but he isn't close to that now and the Oilers aren't in early build mode.

To be honest, I was disappointed at what I found today; I though he was playing at least 2nd pairing comp and probably killing those minutes. Hopefully we see a massive step forward next year, because I'm a big fan of the player and want him to succeed.

As for the numbers, you'd expect a +2.48 CF% rel from just about any player who was given the treatment Dahlin has been - well over 60% OZ starts, easiest comp, OTF starts, etc. Frankly that possession number is pretty poor given the advantageous ice-time he's being gifted. For comparison, Drew Doughty achieved better numbers (+2.65 CF% rel and +10.14 GF% rel and +4.30 xGF% rel) in his second season despite playing the toughest minutes of any player on his team. Dahlin's possession numbers this year are similar to Sergachev's from his 19-year-old (rookie) season in Tampa - massive amount of sheltering and lots of offensive opportunities, mediocre possession numbers and 40 points. Their scoring rates at 5v5 were identical: 1.29 P/60 for Sergachev and 1.28 P/60 for Dahlin. Dahlin had better GF% rel, but worse xGF% rel. Keep in mind it more difficult to put up great "rels" on a very good team like Tampa Bay.

Sergachev is a very good young player so that's not a bad comp, but he isn't in the same echelon as the superstar forwards mentioned above.

Truth doesn’t hurt, neither does what your doing, which is misleading and making false equivalencies. Dahlin does just fine whether starting in his own end or in the Ozone. Serg is playing for Tampa, of course his numbers will be better. You say he’s excelling, but call what Dahlin is doing not good enough. If you actually watched (again, you prolly don’t and frankly have admitted as much) you’d know that his usage has gone up as the season wore on and he returned from a cheap shot elbow to the head. The guy is going to be a stud, that’s all there is to say. If you trade budding stars, you better be getting a star back. Otherwise you end up trading Hall for Larsson. That’s not a knock as your an oilers fan, that’s an example of why you don’t trade stars for average players. Sorry RNH isn’t getting Dahlin, and you’re right that’s right now he’s not worth McDavid or Drai. But he has that high of a ceiling. Will he hit it? I hope so. And there’s not much else you have to offer that would make me hand over that gamble so someone else can reap the rewards. That make sense?
    sabres1108 liked this.
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 3:25 p.m.
    Truth doesn’t hurt, neither does what your doing, which is misleading and making false equivalencies. Dahlin does just fine whether starting in his own end or in the Ozone. Serg is playing for Tampa, of course his numbers will be better. You say he’s excelling, but call what Dahlin is doing not good enough. If you actually watched (again, you prolly don’t and frankly have admitted as much) you’d know that his usage has gone up as the season wore on and he returned from a cheap shot elbow to the head. The guy is going to be a stud, that’s all there is to say. If you trade budding stars, you better be getting a star back. Otherwise you end up trading Hall for Larsson. That’s not a knock as your an oilers fan, that’s an example of why you don’t trade stars for average players. Sorry RNH isn’t getting Dahlin, and you’re right that’s right now he’s not worth McDavid or Drai. But he has that high of a ceiling. Will he hit it? I hope so. And there’s not much else you have to offer that would make me hand over that gamble so someone else can reap the rewards. That make sense?

thank you for taking the time to type out my exact thoughts that I cant while at work lol

perfect explanation and I will add to that, that while Dahlin isnt as good as Draisaitl and McDavid now he has shown more to lead one to think he WILL become that good than hes shown he wont.

you honestly couldnt have asked for him to do much more than he has already accomplished as a 18-19 y.o kid d-man stepping right into the NHL with all the pressure of a #1 overall pick....

some people are just idiots....
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 5:36 p.m.
    okay so you're knocking him for getting PP ice time. The kid is quarterbacking a PP1 as a teenager d-man...

He didn't play 25 mins a night against top competition and win the norris as a 19 y.o. so hes a bust lol

Wow, you're thick. I'm not knocking him for getting PP ice time or calling him a bust (is Sergachev a bust?), I'm simply stating the fact of his usage and the fact of his results. HIS results, not mine.
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 5:52 p.m.
    Truth doesn’t hurt, neither does what your doing, which is misleading and making false equivalencies.

Nothing I've stated is misleading, neither have I made any false equivalencies. Please quote my exact words you think are either misleading or false.

Serg is playing for Tampa, of course his numbers will be better.

I was using "rel" numbers, which is short for "relative to teammate". It's HARDER to put up good rels on a good team; on a team full of below average players, an average player should shine. Dahlin's positive rels are okay, but not great when considering he's on a much worse team than Tampa was in Sergachev's rookie year.

You say he’s excelling, but call what Dahlin is doing not good enough.

This is false.

If you actually watched (again, you prolly don’t and frankly have admitted as much) you’d know that his usage has gone up as the season wore on and he returned from a cheap shot elbow to the head.

He was actually more sheltered in the second half of the season. Open the links below and look at the date range and the CTOI%.

http://puckiq.com/woodmoney?tier=Elite&positions=d&team=buf&group_by=player_season_team&from_date=1569988800000&to_date=1577768400000
    http://puckiq.com/woodmoney?tier=Elite&positions=d&team=buf&group_by=player_season_team&from_date=1577854800000&to_date=1586318400000

If you trade budding stars, you better be getting a star back. Otherwise you end up trading Hall for Larsson.

This is true.

you’re right that’s right now he’s not worth McDavid or Drai.

This is also very true.

But he has that high of a ceiling. Will he hit it? I hope so.

I'm beginning to question what his ceiling is. I've been watching Dahlin for at least 6 years now. Up until a year ago I would have said that his ceiling was the best defenseman since Lidstrom, and maybe, possibly Lidstrom's equal. Now I'm not so sure - he certainly isn't on that trajectory at the moment.

And there’s not much else you have to offer that would make me hand over that gamble so someone else can reap the rewards. That make sense?

I agree. I don't see a trade between Edmonton and Buffalo involving Dahlin.
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 6:23 p.m.
    Nothing I've stated is misleading, neither have I made any false equivalencies. Please quote my exact words you think are either misleading or false.

I was using "rel" numbers, which is short for "relative to teammate". It's HARDER to put up good rels on a good team; on a team full of below average players, an average player should shine. Dahlin's positive rels are okay, but not great when considering he's on a much worse team than Tampa was in Sergachev's rookie year.

This is false.

He was actually more sheltered in the second half of the season. Open the links below and look at the date range and the CTOI%.

http://puckiq.com/woodmoney?tier=Elite&positions=d&team=buf&group_by=player_season_team&from_date=1569988800000&to_date=1577768400000
    http://puckiq.com/woodmoney?tier=Elite&positions=d&team=buf&group_by=player_season_team&from_date=1577854800000&to_date=1586318400000

This is true.

This is also very true.

I'm beginning to question what his ceiling is. I've been watching Dahlin for at least 6 years now. Up until a year ago I would have said that his ceiling was the best defenseman since Lidstrom, and maybe, possibly Lidstrom's equal. Now I'm not so sure - he certainly isn't on that trajectory at the moment.

I guess breaking the best defenseman of all time's records isnt a good trajectory for 19 year old....get a grip
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 9:09 p.m.

This is false.

This is true.

This is also very true.

Actually fancy stats only tell half the story. I watch the games, and I know that playing with better players will result in a more positive outcome more often then not. The problem with rel Corsi is that it relies on its own formula for the “starting” corsi of other players to create it. If you know anything about statistics and variables, you know using one variable that is directly correlated with another is a good way to get skewed data. I’m not saying it’s useless, but it’s flawed to say the least and doesn’t tell the whole picture. Basically if all you’re using is adv stats that’s bad, if all you’re using is eye test, that’s not great either. Sheltered min don’t mean a thing. You go from offense to defense in 2 seconds in the nhl. He is the Sabres biggest threat in the Ozone in the back end... of course you’ll put him out there to take ozone draws if possible. Every team does that. Doesn’t mean he’s a liability in his own end. All if this is what I call misleading when you take a narrative that he is a third pairing right now. Ask anyone who actually watches and they will tell you he is the Sabres best offensive defenseman, and far from the worst defensive defenseman. Just because Ralph chooses to play McCabe (who actually is bad) in the dzone isn’t a reflection of Dahlin at all. He’s right where he needs to be to take that jump to the next level. Again, will he take it? I hope so. He’s still damn good if he only gets slightly better. Also, go look up Hedman's first couple years... hardly the world beater he is now. I think Dahlin will be better. But choose to think only in adv stats if you want.
    sabres1108 liked this.
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 9:22 p.m.
    Quoting: wojme
    Get UPL outta there

Right?!?!
    Why the hell would we wanna trade him?
    wojme liked this.
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.

Except Henrique is nowhere near worth a top10 pick
    He’s not worth a low 1st even
    HARD PASS

That pick should pretty much be untouchable for us anyways
    sabres1108 liked this.
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 9:34 p.m.
    Quoting: KakkoForMauriceRichardAward
    Thomspon to NYR with a pick for Lias Andersson, he likely isn't playing in NY anyway.

Sure, done deal
    sabres1108 liked this.
    Apr. 8, 2020 at 9:36 p.m.
    Quoting: StoneFan
    Glass for UPL

Idk why he’s got UPL as available?
    Can’t imagine we’d even consider moving him
    Apr. 9, 2020 at 11:01 a.m.
    Quoting: Jdfitz77
    Idk why he’s got UPL as available?
    Can’t imagine we’d even consider moving him

@wojme

Ya, who needs elite goalie prospects when you have an elite starting goalie and good backup... Oh wait. UPL isn't someone you just trade for a top 6 forward. That would be a ridiculous mistake by management.

okay I'm sure Jack would be totally on board if I became GM and came to him one on one " Hey captain I know your sick of losing for your enitire career here so far in Buffalo (just like everybody else is for the past like 10 years) but if you just wait maybe like 3 more years of sucking we got this young goalie kid who has never played an NHL game before but I know he is what will turn this franchise around so just keep waiting bud!"
    Apr. 9, 2020 at 11:43 p.m.
    @wojme

Ya, who needs elite goalie prospects when you have an elite starting goalie and good backup... Oh wait. UPL isn't someone you just trade for a top 6 forward. That would be a ridiculous mistake by management.

okay I'm sure Jack would be totally on board if I became GM and came to him one on one " Hey captain I know your sick of losing for your enitire career here so far in Buffalo (just like everybody else is for the past like 10 years) but if you just wait maybe like 3 more years of sucking we got this young goalie kid who has never played an NHL game before but I know he is what will turn this franchise around so just keep waiting bud!"

Jack isn’t gonna win jack **** if we don’t get some better goaltending

You’re whole line of thinking would dictate us trading picks/prospects for established players
    Which is fine in theory
    But it’s a salary Cap league

We aren’t even a playoff contender yet
    Let’s BUILD this team into Cup Contenders
    THEN, we can start trading picks & prospects like the Pens do every year

If we do that NOW...
    then we’re gonna be in Chicago Blackhawks territory where we can’t even afford to keep these guys more than a year or 2

100% guarantee Botts isn’t moving UPL
    Apr. 10, 2020 at 10:44 a.m.
    Quoting: Jdfitz77
    Jack isn’t gonna win jack **** if we don’t get some better goaltending

You’re whole line of thinking would dictate us trading picks/prospects for established players
    Which is fine in theory
    But it’s a salary Cap league

We aren’t even a playoff contender yet
    Let’s BUILD this team into Cup Contenders
    THEN, we can start trading picks & prospects like the Pens do every year

If we do that NOW...
    then we’re gonna be in Chicago Blackhawks territory where we can’t even afford to keep these guys more than a year or 2

100% guarantee Botts isn’t moving UPL

Ullmark was good this year and is still young, and got rid of Hutton for a top 10 backup in the league...

and ummm I'm fine with getting into "Chicago Blackhawks territory" they won 3 cups dude
    Apr. 10, 2020 at 11:35 p.m.
    Ullmark was good this year and is still young, and got rid of Hutton for a top 10 backup in the league...

and ummm I'm fine with getting into "Chicago Blackhawks territory" they won 3 cups dude

We’d be in Blackhawks territory WITHOUT the Cups though
    You sure did miss the point

And Ullmark is not a Stanley Cup winning goalie
    He’s a low end starter who’d be great as a #2

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll