$850,000$850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Boston Bruins
$2,850,000$2,850,000
RD
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000 (Performance Bonus$1,250,000$1M)
G
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD/RD
RFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 12, 2020 at 4:26 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: dartguy22
sorry he said you wont find a bruins fan who thinks that, and he said it and the self proclaimed "most respected bruins fan on this site" had to expose

Oh, the guys an absolute lunatic. He threw an absolute tantrum when a couple bruins posters that he tagged on one of his teams said that they didn’t think it was worth talking about because he traded for “a first line center,” rather than naming a guy. It went on for two pages of him just yelling about how we should respect his worth. It’s legit insane. My guess is it would be hard to find someone on this site that takes him seriously. He’s the king of stating opinions as facts.
dartguy22, ON3M4N and Bruinsbeatz liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 4:37 p.m.
Quoting: Bcarlo25
The team would be happier to just let the player sign a 1 year deal, go to arb the next year, and then trade their RFA rights after getting six years out of the player.

Sure, the team would, but in some cases it makes no sense for the player. RFA's hold stronger negotiation positions now; the league has shifted. Since Tampa is the team on my mind when talking about this, let's use Cirelli as an example. He's proven that he is a good 2C and an elite shutdown guy. He's earned a solid payday, so why take a 1 year deal for less money when he could get injured or just not perform as well as he would've liked? Then all of a sudden he's not making much money on his next deal after that, either. If Tampa could get him to take less money on a deal that takes him straight to UFA (which they should be able to, because straight to UFA contracts hold benefits for the player), it would be dumb not to consider it as it allows them to keep their team better through their window of strong contention.

Is there a reason that it doesn't really happen? Yes, because it doesn't often benefit both the player and the team. But there are situations where it can, so I just don't think it should be written off completely.
May 12, 2020 at 4:54 p.m.
Banned
Doesnt really matter: 4 years takes him to 27 which is right in his Prime.

They will either fo a 2 or 3 year bridge deal (3-4 mil) or a 6+ Long Term Deal (5-6 mil)
CatmanV liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 4:59 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: bsilk18
Doesnt really matter: 4 years takes him to 27 which is right in his Prime.

They will either fo a 2 or 3 year bridge deal (3-4 mil) or a 6+ Long Term Deal (5-6 mil)

Also ignore Bcarlo25 and evidently dartguy22 lol
He is just a dick that always comes to fight .

@bhavikp27 @ON3M4N you see these two baboons tryna talk about us lol its just embarrasing.

Debrusk is a scoring winger, you are wrong, he is right. It is a VERY even deal

quoting: ON3M4N▾

Per Hockey-Reference:

Since 2017-2018 among all LWer's (min 80gp)
Goals: 17th
G/GP: 22nd

Since 2017-2018 among all winger's (min 80gp)
Goals: 42nd
G/GP: 38th

If you don't think DeBrusk is a scoring winger, please define what the criteria is for a "scoring winger" in your opinion.

Coyle and Carlo are low,
Debrusk is medium elite
Marchy low
Chara probably a bit high

Good job with the prospects! and everyone else

OVERALL: good job!

LOL

I never said he was an"Eilte Goalscorer" that post was refering to NHL POTENTIALS. lolololol you are so wrong its hilarious
CatmanV liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 5:02 p.m.
Cmon. 4 years just isn’t even on teh table. 3 years 4 million sounds very fair.

of course its not, but the discussion questions was "what does DeBrusk get for 4yrs." Whether I think he gets 4yrs is a different story, I was commenting based on what the OP was asking.
May 12, 2020 at 5:08 p.m.
Debrusk is a scoring winger, you are wrong, he is right. It is a VERY even deal

quoting: ON3M4N▾

Per Hockey-Reference:

Since 2017-2018 among all LWer's (min 80gp)
Goals: 17th
G/GP: 22nd

Since 2017-2018 among all winger's (min 80gp)
Goals: 42nd
G/GP: 38th

If you don't think DeBrusk is a scoring winger, please define what the criteria is for a "scoring winger" in your opinion.

Coyle and Carlo are low,
Debrusk is medium elite
Marchy low
Chara probably a bit high

Good job with the prospects! and everyone else

OVERALL: good job!

LOL

This shows nothing lol. Lets rewind and look at this again

thats not enough for an elite goal scorer

Quoting: ON3M4N
I don't think you'll find a Bruins fan who defines him as an "elite scorer" but out of curiosity, what do you consider an elite scorer?

the closest thing you've showed is someone calling DeBrusk medium/elite...IDK WTF that even means to be honest. My post which you've added, does not call him an elite scorer, it says he's a scoring winger, which by my definition he is. If you'd like to give me your definiton of a scoring winger, well we can have that discussion. At the end of the day, elite scorer and scoring winger are two vastly different things in my book.

BTW I'm still waiting for you give me your definition of what an elite scorer is.
May 12, 2020 at 5:09 p.m.
Oh, the guys an absolute lunatic. He threw an absolute tantrum when a couple bruins posters that he tagged on one of his teams said that they didn’t think it was worth talking about because he traded for “a first line center,” rather than naming a guy. It went on for two pages of him just yelling about how we should respect his worth. It’s legit insane. My guess is it would be hard to find someone on this site that takes him seriously. He’s the king of stating opinions as facts.

I was one of those posters he yelled at after tagging me lol. I immediately blocked him after that meltdown.
Bcarlo25 liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 5:10 p.m.
CatmanVal

the closest thing you've showed is someone calling DeBrusk medium/elite...IDK WTF that even means to be honest. My post which you've added, does not call him an elite scorer, it says he's a scoring winger, which by my definition he is. If you'd like to give me your definiton of a scoring winger, well we can have that discussion. At the end of the day, elite scorer and scoring winger are two vastly different things in my book.

BTW I'm still waiting for you give me your definition of what an elite scorer is.

@bhavikp27 @ON3M4N you see these two baboons tryna talk about us lol its just embarrasing.

I never said he was an"Eilte Goalscorer" that post was refering to NHL POTENTIALS. lolololol you are so wrong its hilarious

@ON3M4N i looked back, and he was refering to the NHL game! Not calling him an elite goalscorer, but saying that Debrusk should have "medium eilte" potential like others players like Boeser and Larkin etc

@bsilk18 You are right on
Silkysmooth42 liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 5:13 p.m.
Bcarlo25
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
Sure, the team would, but in some cases it makes no sense for the player. RFA's hold stronger negotiation positions now; the league has shifted. Since Tampa is the team on my mind when talking about this, let's use Cirelli as an example. He's proven that he is a good 2C and an elite shutdown guy. He's earned a solid payday, so why take a 1 year deal for less money when he could get injured or just not perform as well as he would've liked? Then all of a sudden he's not making much money on his next deal after that, either. If Tampa could get him to take less money on a deal that takes him straight to UFA (which they should be able to, because straight to UFA contracts hold benefits for the player), it would be dumb not to consider it as it allows them to keep their team better through their window of strong contention.

Is there a reason that it doesn't really happen? Yes, because it doesn't often benefit both the player and the team. But there are situations where it can, so I just don't think it should be written off completely.

If you want to get extreme, then sure. If cirelli offers up a deal that pays him 1.5 million and takes him directly to UFA, then ya, I’m sure tampa would be all about it. That’s just not realistic though. So, like you said, why is a player going to risk getting injured before a big pay day and all that good stuff. In order to be properly incentivized to lose the asset after the minimum amount of service allowed by the CBA, the player has to take dramatically less than market value. Players tend not to do that.

So yes, you’re right that in theory there are scenarios where it makes sense for a team to sign a player to a deal off their ELC taht takes them directly to UFA. However, for the very reasons you mentioned, there is no practically scenario that exists where such a contract would make sense.
May 12, 2020 at 5:15 p.m.
Banned

I was one of those posters he yelled at after tagging me lol. I immediately blocked him after that meltdown.

LOL @bsilk18 looks like your losing your following "most respected bruins fan on this site"
Bcarlo25 liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 5:16 p.m.
Bcarlo25

It was hilarious though. I waited a little bit and witnessed a couple more meltdowns before axing him. My favorite was when he said that the league had announced the salary cap for next year, and when i said that they had not, he cited some tweet saying that some players had been told privately that they think the cap will remain stagnant. Then he told me that he goes to the top university in the country. It was special.
May 12, 2020 at 5:17 p.m.
Bcarlo25
LOL @bsilk18 looks like your losing your following "most respected bruins fan on this site"

Bahahahaha one of the guys he called for backup has him blocked. That’s amazing.
dartguy22 liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 5:19 p.m.
CatmanVal
It was hilarious though. I waited a little bit and witnessed a couple more meltdowns before axing him. My favorite was when he said that the league had announced the salary cap for next year, and when i said that they had not, he cited some tweet saying that some players had been told privately that they think the cap will remain stagnant. Then he told me that he goes to the top university in the country. It was special.

Hes right though. They announced it to insiders, which makes it an announcement. Not a public one, but an announcement nonetheless. Im fairly new to this and am just looking through posts from the past day or so, but Ialready feel like you are a jerk. I mean just looking through some of the recent stuff you have posted and @bsilk18 has posted, its clear who is nicer on this website.
May 12, 2020 at 5:19 p.m.
Banned

this all started as a joke, im not gonna into my websters hockey dicionary and give you a definition cause it would be hard to give one, i guess you can say some players are, there was someone on that original post who names some goal scorers who could fit the bill i pulled the @bsilk18 quote cause he said elite which referred to NHL rankings lol but yes he still referred elite potential, this doesnt need to be a long discussion it was more troll than anything
May 12, 2020 at 5:20 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: CatmanV
Hes right though. They announced it to insiders, which makes it an announcement. Not a public one, but an announcement nonetheless. Im fairly new to this and am just looking through posts from the past day or so, but Ialready feel like you are a jerk. I mean just looking through some of the recent stuff you have posted and @bsilk18 has posted, its clear who is nicer on this website.
May 12, 2020 at 5:20 p.m.
CatmanVal
suck him off

What?
Nhl_oilers liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 5:26 p.m.
this all started as a joke, im not gonna into my websters hockey dicionary and give you a definition cause it would be hard to give one, i guess you can say some players are, there was someone on that original post who names some goal scorers who could fit the bill i pulled the @bsilk18 quote cause he said elite which referred to NHL rankings lol but yes he still referred elite potential, this doesnt need to be a long discussion it was more troll than anything

Well if you change your mind, I'm game to have a discussion on it.
CatmanV liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 5:29 p.m.
Banned

Me too
I didnt know Elite Potential meant that I think he is an Elite Goal scorer Right Now

But ok? Also again: the videogame
CatmanV liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 5:29 p.m.
Banned

how bout you name some goal scorers who you would consider elite and we can go from there, cause you cant really put a definition on it
May 12, 2020 at 5:31 p.m.
Banned
Me too
I didnt know Elite Potential meant that I think he is an Elite Goal scorer Right Now

But ok? Also again: the videogame

i really dont think anyone cares for your opinion, clearly shown in the past few messages from your fellow bruins fans, goodbye now
May 12, 2020 at 5:32 p.m.
Banned
i really dont think anyone cares for your opinion, clearly shown in the past few messages from your fellow bruins fans, goodbye now

What do you mean? we r trying to talk:

how bout you name some goal scorers who you would consider elite and we can go from there, cause you cant really put a definition on it

So lets talk?
You cant just say this rudely because you dont like that I proved you wrong
CatmanV liked this.
May 12, 2020 at 5:33 p.m.
If you want to get extreme, then sure. If cirelli offers up a deal that pays him 1.5 million and takes him directly to UFA, then ya, I’m sure tampa would be all about it. That’s just not realistic though. So, like you said, why is a player going to risk getting injured before a big pay day and all that good stuff. In order to be properly incentivized to lose the asset after the minimum amount of service allowed by the CBA, the player has to take dramatically less than market value. Players tend not to do that.

So yes, you’re right that in theory there are scenarios where it makes sense for a team to sign a player to a deal off their ELC taht takes them directly to UFA. However, for the very reasons you mentioned, there is no practically scenario that exists where such a contract would make sense.

I think you are overestimating the discount that a player would have to take. After all, the difference between 4-5 years is not that huge. One buys zero UFA years, the other buys one. If the team can leverage that to knock between 1.5-2 million off the AAV from a 5 year to a 4 year, I think that could be beneficial to both. Say Cirelli wants $6m on a 5 year deal, but would take $4m-ish on a 4 year, I do that in a heartbeat if I'm Tampa. Benefits them by saving $2m in cap on a good player when they are very tight and in a competitive window, and benefits Cirelli because he still makes $16m over four years and will have the opportunity to re-up with the best offer available league wide in the shortest amount of time. The injury thing seems kind of out of place here. I was talking about a short term injury that is enough to throw off a season, thus affecting his next deal/arbitration. On a 4 year deal, which allows him to solidify his resume even further, he would need to have some crazy bad luck to be injured often/seriously enough to damage his next deal that much.
May 12, 2020 at 5:34 p.m.
CatmanVal

Yo. This is messed up.

He said that he meant it to be an Eilte Potential in the video game, and now you just want to ignore him? Come on man

So lets talk?

Yo I’m soery these guys are doing this. I’m gonna keep and eye on this stuff moving forward because it’s really not ok they are doing this
May 12, 2020 at 5:35 p.m.
Banned

dude why are you quoting parts of a discussion youre not even involved in lmao, go away please, yeah you proved me wrong, im hurt, currently curled up in a ball weeping

So lets talk?
May 12, 2020 at 5:36 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
i was not expecting this much
McGruff and bhavikp27 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll