RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$4,995,000$4,995,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
Perfetti, Cole
$925,000$925,000
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
C
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,250,000$1,250,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$4,375,000$4,375,000
RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
May 13, 2020 at 9:24 p.m.
trades are too out there for me to even comment on- but why is kotkat the 2nd line center over Suzuki?
willinlisbon liked this.
May 13, 2020 at 9:31 p.m.
What in tarnation
Imo Laine is untouchable for WPG. That offer is too quantity heavy.

Personally I don't think MTL has the assets to make WPG consider moving Laine.
willinlisbon liked this.
May 13, 2020 at 9:32 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: leafs101
trades are too out there for me to even comment on- but why is kotkat the 2nd line center over Suzuki?

Montreal roll their line equally, the difference is with the special unit ice time. But you can put number if it make you feel better. Those three first line could be 2.a 2.b and 2.c if you like that better.
May 13, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
Dubas isnt a genius
Quoting: Sebybbq
Montreal roll their line equally, the difference is with the special unit ice time. But you can put number if it make you feel better. Those three first line could be 2.a 2.b and 2.c if you like that better.

Perfetti on the roster? Also him falling that far?
May 13, 2020 at 9:49 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: firezfurx
Perfetti on the roster? Also him falling that far?

Top 5 will likely be Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond and Drysdale. After that Rossi, Holtz, Perfetti, Sanderson and Lundell can be probably pick anywhere between 6-10. And yes to your initial question, i am pretty sure that If the Habs take a players from CHL he will be in the lineup next year already since the CHL won’t be playing at least until January next year. Kids need to play.
May 13, 2020 at 9:52 p.m.
Dubas isnt a genius
Top 5 will likely be Lafreniere, Byfield, Stutzle, Raymond and Drysdale. After that Rossi, Holtz, Perfetti, Sanderson and Lundell can be probably pick anywhere between 6-10.

I wouldn't take Sanderson above 15. My rankings are:
Lafreniere
Byfield/Stutzle (Depending on the team, pretty much even for me)
Raymond
Drysdale
Rossi
Perfetti
Holtz
Lundell
Askarov
Quinn/Gunler
May 13, 2020 at 9:57 p.m.
Banned
I wouldn't take Sanderson above 15. My rankings are:
Lafreniere
Byfield/Stutzle (Depending on the team, pretty much even for me)
Raymond
Drysdale
Rossi
Perfetti
Holtz
Lundell
Askarov
Quinn/Gunler

The sabres at number 7th would probably go for Holtz instead of Perfetti due to their lack of their Right wing depth. They are pretty good on the Left and over the middle with Eichel, Cozen and Asplund but they don’t really have any right winger after Reinhart.
May 13, 2020 at 9:59 p.m.
Dubas isnt a genius
The sabres at number 7th would probably go for Holtz instead of Perfetti due to their lack of their Right wing depth. They are pretty good on the Left and over the middle with Eichel, Cozen and Asplund but they don’t really have any right winger after Reinhart.

Olofsson? But I get what you're saying.
Pharow liked this.
May 13, 2020 at 10:03 p.m.
I wouldn’t make that trade as a habs fan. Laine is a great goal scorer for sure and would be nice to have but a side from scoring goals he doesn’t bring much else. Domi produces just as many points as him and brings a more complete game. Caufield hasnt proven anything in the NHL but could very well end up being just as good of a goal scorer as Laine. Also Perrault is a cap dump and Laine will demand a lot more once his contract is up so the money doesn’t make sense for the habs. Montreal should keep their assets or make a better move around Domi like for a young top 4D. Lehkonen, Fleury and a first also have some good value.
aedoran, Shanesaw9 and willinlisbon liked this.
May 13, 2020 at 10:04 p.m.
Banned
Olofsson? But I get what you're saying.

Olofsson is a lefty. And was mostly use on the left from what i have seen this year.
May 13, 2020 at 11:09 p.m.
Quoting: justaBoss
Imo Laine is untouchable for WPG. That offer is too quantity heavy.

Personally I don't think MTL has the assets to make WPG consider moving Laine.

They land a 21 yo RHD Nhl ready, 3rd liner LW 25 yo, 2C 25 yo with an A prospect in Caufield AND a 1st round pick ................... MTL don’t have the asset blablabla yes they do, they have one of the best prospect pool and young centers
Pharow, Shanesaw9 and Habs_Hfx10 liked this.
May 13, 2020 at 11:15 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: GMs
They land a 21 yo RHD Nhl ready, 3rd liner LW 25 yo, 2C 25 yo with an A prospect in Caufield AND a 1st round pick ................... MTL don’t have the asset blablabla yes they do, they have one of the best prospect pool and young centers

There's nice pieces in there, but Laine would inevitably be the most valuable piece of the entire Habs organisation. They'd need to pay what is due, and they also need to convince WPG to move an extremely important piece.
May 13, 2020 at 11:24 p.m.
There's nice pieces in there, but Laine would inevitably be the most valuable piece of the entire Habs organisation. They'd need to pay what is due, and they also need to convince WPG to move an extremely important piece.

They are sending what Winnipeg need, a 2C young RHD top prospect who might be even better than Laine a 1st and Lehkonen it’s real good value I’ll never do that if I’m MTL
Pharow and Habs_Hfx10 liked this.
May 13, 2020 at 11:40 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: GMs
They are sending what Winnipeg need, a 2C young RHD top prospect who might be even better than Laine a 1st and Lehkonen it’s real good value I’ll never do that if I’m MTL

Guess what they'd need after they move Laine.

Another Laine. Another lethal sniper as a starter, with potential to develop even better. The biggest minus regarding him has been his inability to play defense, and he's made a drastic upgrade regarding that this year. His play looks more mature.

Add before you say "Caufield's gonna be one", he isn't that yet, he's not as good and he'll never as good. There's virtually nothing in this package that would get even close when it comes to what Laine brings on ice. Except quantity, which I already pointed out in the first comment.
May 13, 2020 at 11:48 p.m.
Banned
Guess what they'd need after they move Laine.

Another Laine. Another lethal sniper as a starter, with potential to develop even better. The biggest minus regarding him has been his inability to play defense, and he's made a drastic upgrade regarding that this year. His play looks more mature.

Add before you say "Caufield's gonna be one", he isn't that yet, he's not as good and he'll never as good. There's virtually nothing in this package that would get even close when it comes to what Laine brings on ice. Except quantity, which I already pointed out in the first comment.

Caufield stats have shown he is the best sniper since Ovechkin. He have had better scoring stats then a certain Auston Matthews in American development program. There are possibilities that he turn out better then Laine. Winnipeg do not have any prospect who are close to Caufield level. He is view as a top candidate in each and single prospect list made by expert. And the biggest need in Winnipeg have been a second line center and that have been the case forbthe past 3 season. They have waste 2 first round pick for that and still have miss that center a lot this year.
Shanesaw9, GMs and Habs_Hfx10 liked this.
May 13, 2020 at 11:58 p.m.
Habs 2010
I'm in the camp that says MTL shouldn't do this, but I think it's a realistic offer that the Jets would take for Laine.

There's a lot to like for WPG, dump Parreault, and save on Laine's next contract. In return they get Domi who they could lock up cheap long term, they get Fluery which would be a nice boost to their D after losing so many defenseman. Lehkonen to replace Laine's spot short term. Lastly they get Caufield who literally has the potential to replace Laine as the goal scorer and add a 1st round pick for the cherry on top.

Like I said, I wouldn't do this for the habs, but it's a well thought out offer that I don't think WPG could say no to.
Pharow, GMs and willinlisbon liked this.
May 14, 2020 at 12:06 a.m.
What in tarnation
Caufield stats have shown he is the best sniper since Ovechkin. He have had better scoring stats then a certain Auston Matthews in American development program. There are possibilities that he turn out better then Laine. Winnipeg do not have any prospect who are close to Caufield level. He is view as a top candidate in each and single prospect list made by expert. And the biggest need in Winnipeg have been a second line center and that have been the case forbthe past 3 season. They have waste 2 first round pick for that and still have miss that center a lot this year.

Honestly if Caufield was a good as you portrayed here, he would've been drafted much earlier than 15th overall.

Both Laine and Matthews have been dominating forces in wherever they've played in. Laine in Liiga, Matthews in Switzerland, and there hasn't been as good rookie years for players as they were back in 2016. No competition whatsoever. And keep in mind that they did this as under 20 year olds. They are exceptional talents.

Caufield is going to be a player who's considered as good when he scored 50-60 points a year. For a player like Laine, that amount is disappointing.

Caufield stats show that he's the best sniper since Ovechkin? You sound just as delusional as the Leafs fans praising Robertson. Granted both have done well in juniors, but I'd suggest toning the f*ck down until they actually do anything even close to that in the NHL.

As I've said many times, there's nice value in this trade, but moving a player like Laine is a big gamble. He could legit be the next best sniper behind Ovechkin. He's shown how good he can be. And, keep in mind - he's still young and developing.

We're waiting Caufield's debut until he's 20 or 21. Laine just turned last month 22 and he's already one of the best goalscorers in the world.

Jets might need a 2C - but not in the cost of Laine.
May 14, 2020 at 12:22 a.m.
Banned
Honestly if Caufield was a good as you portrayed here, he would've been drafted much earlier than 15th overall.

Both Laine and Matthews have been dominating forces in wherever they've played in. Laine in Liiga, Matthews in Switzerland, and there hasn't been as good rookie years for players as they were back in 2016. No competition whatsoever. And keep in mind that they did this as under 20 year olds. They are exceptional talents.

Caufield is going to be a player who's considered as good when he scored 50-60 points a year. For a player like Laine, that amount is disappointing.

Caufield stats show that he's the best sniper since Ovechkin? You sound just as delusional as the Leafs fans praising Robertson. Granted both have done well in juniors, but I'd suggest toning the f*ck down until they actually do anything even close to that in the NHL.

As I've said many times, there's nice value in this trade, but moving a player like Laine is a big gamble. He could legit be the next best sniper behind Ovechkin. He's shown how good he can be. And, keep in mind - he's still young and developing.

We're waiting Caufield's debut until he's 20 or 21. Laine just turned last month 22 and he's already one of the best goalscorers in the world.

Jets might need a 2C - but not in the cost of Laine.

That your opinion! But you seem to idolize Laine when he haven’t been a elite players at all like you described him. The past 3 season he have been producing under 0.80 ppg, number that can be compare to Reinhart, Horvat, even a certain Max Domi have had similar number these past 3 season. Matthews have been on a complete other level since their rookie season Laine isn’t even close. The only one who is delusional here is you. Caufield have had over a goal per game in the national development program. Even Matthews wasn’t producing at that rate. Caufield also tie the Ovechkin 18 year old Evan Hlinka tournament. Was the best rookie goal scorer in Ncaa. So if he i am delusional you are blindfold.
GMs liked this.
May 14, 2020 at 1:11 a.m.
What in tarnation
That your opinion! But you seem to idolize Laine when he haven’t been a elite players at all like you described him. The past 3 season he have been producing under 0.80 ppg, number that can be compare to Reinhart, Horvat, even a certain Max Domi have had similar number these past 3 season. Matthews have been on a complete other level since their rookie season Laine isn’t even close. The only one who is delusional here is you. Caufield have had over a goal per game in the national development program. Even Matthews wasn’t producing at that rate. Caufield also tie the Ovechkin 18 year old Evan Hlinka tournament. Was the best rookie goal scorer in Ncaa. So if he i am delusional you are blindfold.

Caufield has done great in juniors, no doubt about that, but the big question is that can he do the same in NHL. My firm presumption is that he can't for various reasons, and that is the reason he dropped to 15th in the draft.

Since the beginning of his career Laine has the 7th most goals in the league, only behind the likes of Ovechkin, Matthews, Pastrnak, Kucherov, Draisaitl and McDavid. There's a nice comparables of how good he has been before turning 22. Of his age class, Laine is superior to literally everybody with 247 points. 2nd is Dubois with 158 by the way. Fun fact: Had Matthews born two days earlier, he would've been drafted in 2015. In total points, he's 39th. Not as good, but still belongs to the elite category easily.

Out of curiosity, I went and checked how high in goals would've he ranked in the timeframe of his career beginning to the slump of his career. basically the timeframe of October 2016 to December 2018.
He was first. He tied with Ovechkin with 101 goals on that timeframe. Most goals in the whole league. Then became the common 5 month slump for a young player, during which his value seemed to drop drastically...

The difference between the players you mentioned and Laine is that players like Reinhart, Horvat and Domi has been praised for being in that level of production, Laine got a hard amount of criticism and was under some trade rumors (although that was partly because of his contract situation as well). Do you see these guys getting critisized how they play? No. Not at all.

Expectations regarding Laine are much higher. As previously explained, due to his goal scoring prowess, he is viewed and compared against the elite of the entire league, not agaisnt the TOP6 players. When Laine plays in that level, it's considered as disappointing, because people have seen how high his ceiling is.

All players offered here will max out on that Reinhart level. This is what also the GMs have seen as Caufield's ceiling at. Otherwise he would've gone a lot earlier. Near the TOP5, easily.
May 14, 2020 at 1:27 a.m.
Banned
Caufield has done great in juniors, no doubt about that, but the big question is that can he do the same in NHL. My firm presumption is that he can't for various reasons, and that is the reason he dropped to 15th in the draft.

Since the beginning of his career Laine has the 7th most goals in the league, only behind the likes of Ovechkin, Matthews, Pastrnak, Kucherov, Draisaitl and McDavid. There's a nice comparables of how good he has been before turning 22. Of his age class, Laine is superior to literally everybody with 247 points. 2nd is Dubois with 158 by the way. Fun fact: Had Matthews born two days earlier, he would've been drafted in 2015. In total points, he's 39th. Not as good, but still belongs to the elite category easily.

Out of curiosity, I went and checked how high in goals would've he ranked in the timeframe of his career beginning to the slump of his career. basically the timeframe of October 2016 to December 2018.
He was first. He tied with Ovechkin with 101 goals on that timeframe. Most goals in the whole league. Then became the common 5 month slump for a young player, during which his value seemed to drop drastically...

The difference between the players you mentioned and Laine is that players like Reinhart, Horvat and Domi has been praised for being in that level of production, Laine got a hard amount of criticism and was under some trade rumors (although that was partly because of his contract situation as well). Do you see these guys getting critisized how they play? No. Not at all.

Expectations regarding Laine are much higher. As previously explained, due to his goal scoring prowess, he is viewed and compared against the elite of the entire league, not agaisnt the TOP6 players. When Laine plays in that level, it's considered as disappointing, because people have seen how high his ceiling is.

All players offered here will max out on that Reinhart level. This is what also the GMs have seen as Caufield's ceiling at. Otherwise he would've gone a lot earlier. Near the TOP5, easily.

So explain why in almost every draft year the best players isn’t the one who was drafted first overall?? You are saying that Caufield can’t succeed because he was drafted 15th overall. You know the Brett Hull and Luc Robitaille where 6th round pick, Lidstrom and Fedorov where 3rd round pick, Sakic where drafted 15th overall and was the best in is draft. If the draft was remaind from last year Caufield and Newhook would be pick in the top 5 easily.

And stop acting like Laine is the only one who had pressure. Domi play in Montreal, there 100x time more media and he have to face criticism on a daily basis don’t use that as a excuse. Laine have just not been the Elite players like you keep pretending he is. I not because he is a Fin that he is better then everyone pal. Statistically he haven’t been on a elite level for the past 3 season.
May 14, 2020 at 1:43 a.m.
What in tarnation
So explain why in almost every draft year the best players isn’t the one who was drafted first overall?? You are saying that Caufield can’t succeed because he was drafted 15th overall. You know the Brett Hull and Luc Robitaille where 6th round pick, Lidstrom and Fedorov where 3rd round pick, Sakic where drafted 15th overall and was the best in is draft. If the draft was remaind from last year Caufield and Newhook would be pick in the top 5 easily.

And stop acting like Laine is the only one who had pressure. Domi play in Montreal, there 100x time more media and he have to face criticism on a daily basis don’t use that as a excuse. Laine have just not been the Elite players like you keep pretending he is. I not because he is a Fin that he is better then everyone pal. Statistically he haven’t been on a elite level for the past 3 season.

Draft number tell all there is to be told until the player actually becomes a NHL player. Currently you're comparing a player that "might be" something to a player that "is" something, which never works. Especially when you're comparing two young players.

I haven't said anything about pressure. Every player has expectations to be something and it's true that Domi receives crticique to being Habs player. But the biggest difference is that the best Domi can do statistically is fairly average for Laine.

As for Laine not being an elite player...stats are against that claim. And he's only 22 and developing every year.

I do admit that I might be biased as a fellow Finn, but I'll buy him any day of the week as an elite player. 63 points in 68 games this year while enhancing further pretty much every aspect of his whole game is thoroughly impressive in my eyes.
May 14, 2020 at 2:24 a.m.
Banned
Draft number tell all there is to be told until the player actually becomes a NHL player. Currently you're comparing a player that "might be" something to a player that "is" something, which never works. Especially when you're comparing two young players.

I haven't said anything about pressure. Every player has expectations to be something and it's true that Domi receives crticique to being Habs player. But the biggest difference is that the best Domi can do statistically is fairly average for Laine.

As for Laine not being an elite player...stats are against that claim. And he's only 22 and developing every year.

I do admit that I might be biased as a fellow Finn, but I'll buy him any day of the week as an elite player. 63 points in 68 games this year while enhancing further pretty much every aspect of his whole game is thoroughly impressive in my eyes.

Draft number told absolutely nothing. You can’t be nore wrong about that. If it was the case the players that would be drafted 1st overall would always be the best in is class draft, followed by the second and that would go on like that but its bot the case. And you are in the first place the one who have discredited a perfectly great prospect who is viewed by most expert as a top ranked Nhl prospect. In fak you discredited all the olayer involved in that deal, to finally realize that Laine wasn’t much better then Domi in term of stats for the past 3 season. Winnipeg got more then a great return there. You might not like it that your choice but i won’t listen to your non sense about prospect.
https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/28870800/ranking-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-hockey-risers-fallers-new-no-1
https://www.tsn.ca/russian-players-dominate-top-spots-in-tsn-s-ranking-of-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.1424251
May 14, 2020 at 3:42 a.m.
What in tarnation
Draft number told absolutely nothing. You can’t be nore wrong about that. If it was the case the players that would be drafted 1st overall would always be the best in is class draft, followed by the second and that would go on like that but its bot the case. And you are in the first place the one who have discredited a perfectly great prospect who is viewed by most expert as a top ranked Nhl prospect. In fak you discredited all the olayer involved in that deal, to finally realize that Laine wasn’t much better then Domi in term of stats for the past 3 season. Winnipeg got more then a great return there. You might not like it that your choice but i won’t listen to your non sense about prospect.
https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-top-100-prospects-ranking/

https://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/28870800/ranking-top-50-nhl-affiliated-prospects-hockey-risers-fallers-new-no-1
https://www.tsn.ca/russian-players-dominate-top-spots-in-tsn-s-ranking-of-nhl-affiliated-prospects-1.1424251

Draft number tells the ranking position of the player when they're drafted in comparison to other prospects in the same draft class. As they turn professional, the draft number's significance will no longer matter.

As for now when he's NOT a professional, it can be used as a comparable method regarding the prospects of that said year. He has been extremely convincing in the juniors, and I've admitted this many times. But when compared to other prospects, there were viewed 14 more capable prospects by that point when he was drafted. As of now the situation may be different, but until he becomes an actual professional in the league his draft number will have some relevance.

I discredited the players when compared to Laine. I'm not saying they aren't/wouldn't be good NHL assets, that much is pretty much clear. But with prospects you can't ever be sure. Prospects like Yakupov and Puljujärvi are good examples of that - things look great at juniors, but the transition to NHL isn't as good as predicted. This is why I would wait until he plays against professionals before making him a key piece of a trade like this. If it was a trade for a year or two rental asset, then he'd be great as a main piece, but Laine could become a franchise player if his development goes on like this. I fully believe he could reach the level that of Pastrnak's in a year or two.

Domi has been able to score twice over 50 points during his career, his first year in ARI and last year in Habs. Laine's worst season by far was last year and he managed to do that 50 points. Last year was an outlier for Domi in a positive way, and an outlier for Laine in a negative way, and still their difference wasn't that big. Saying that Laine isn't much better than Domi is just wrong. There's a major difference in there.

Lehkonen+Fleury+2021 1st as an addition are niece pieces, but nothing groundbreaking. If I'm Winnipeg, I wouldn't move Laine for this. He's just too big piece to lose. Moving him would create another massive problem - more massive than that lack of 2C ever was.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll