4$3,400,000
Trades
TOR
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (EDM)
  2. 2021 3rd round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Kerfoot, Alexander
Additional Details:
Not necessarily Oilers, just to a team that could use a C.
TOR
  1. Bennett, Sam ($1,275,000 retained)
Additional Details:
If Calgary doesn't want to retain, there can be a third party involved and the 5th can go to them.
CGY
  1. 2021 3rd round pick (EDM)
  2. 2021 5th round pick (TOR)
LAK
  1. Der-Arguchintsev, Semyon
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (EDM)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
22$81,500,000$80,880,616$0$850,000$619,384
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$11,640,250$11,640,250
C
UFA - 4
$10,903,000$10,903,000
RW
UFA - 5
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 4
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
RFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$1,275,000$1,275,000
C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
RD
UFA - 4
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,625,000$5,625,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,000,000$2,000,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,650,000$1,650,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$950,000$950,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jun. 10, 2020 at 12:54 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
Lyubushkin is the perfect guy for the leafs. He could start on the 3rd pair and work his way up but he wont cost that much at all. If they got him there would be no need for demelo.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 12:54 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
This is pretty good overall but I think Sandin will be on team.

Some minor changes.
Sign Mikheyev to same deal as Engvall.
Bennett would be on 3rd line and Engvall on 4th.
Dermott is probably 2 million AAV.

Not sure on parting with SDA right now either.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 12:55 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Quoting: Jack_
Lyubushkin is the perfect guy for the leafs. He could start on the 3rd pair and work his way up but he wont cost that much at all. If they got him there would be no need for demelo.

Who do you will prove to be better NHLer?
Lehtonen or Lybushkin?
Jack_ liked this.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 12:56 p.m.

I agree he's a great fit for the Leafs, I just don't want to bank on him climbing the ladder. Demelo is more of a sure thing, imo and depth never hurts.
Trickster and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 12:59 p.m.
Edited Jun. 10, 2020 at 1:13 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster
This is pretty good overall but I think Sandin will be on team.

Some minor changes.
Sign Mikheyev to same deal as Engvall.
Bennett would be on 3rd line and Engvall on 4th.
Dermott is probably 2 million AAV.

Not sure on parting with SDA right now either.

Doubt Mikheyev would take the same deal as Engvall (I hope he would but I doubt it)
Lines are pretty interchangeable - nothing is set in stone in terms of lines.
Dermott's weird one - I don't see him making what Holl makes on a 2 year term considering no UFA years are purchased, but you never know.

SDA is more a matter of opinion - I'm sure the deal could be made to work with someone else if it works with SDA
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 1:04 p.m.
Kings would probably go for that. I really like Lizotte, but if they don't trade him now, they'll likely lose him in the expansion draft next summer. Better to take the younger expansion draft exempt player and the draft pick.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 1:07 p.m.
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Kings would probably go for that. I really like Lizotte, but if they don't trade him now, they'll likely lose him in the expansion draft next summer. Better to take the younger expansion draft exempt player and the draft pick.

Yeah, I put that deal in there after your comments yesterday. Thanks again for the feedback!
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 1:14 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: Trickster
Who do you will prove to be better NHLer?
Lehtonen or Lybushkin?

I have no idea what Lehtonen is really. Some say hes good enough to be a top 4 defenseman on almost all teams but I wont believe it until I see it or see some sort of proof that his skillset can translate to the nhl. Even if I dont believe he can step into a top 4 right now he still is phenomenal offensively and that does make me think he'll be better overall. The problem with him is that the leafs dont need a guy of his skillset that badly unless their philosophy is to just put out the 5 best skaters at a time like it was with barrie.

Lyubushkin is very good defensively and provides exactly what the leafs need. He reminds me a bit of hainsey where hes good at retrieving the puck, winning battles and defending in transition. Hainsey was able to do that and was very effective with rielly. Where hainsey fell off was towards the end of the season where he'd get overused with his age (something that wont happen to lyubushkin) and his puck moving ability killed the leafs. If you go back and watch the series against boston, the bruins targeted the leafs LD on the forecheck and forced the leafs RD to move the puck up the ice. Those RD were Hainsey, Zaitsev and Polak so they couldn't do anything with the puck and it would result in an endless cycle against. Lyubushkin is able to do all the things hainsey did except he is still a good puck mover. The leafs are committed to playing Muzzin and holl against top competition as a shut down pair. I have no doubt in my mind that rielly and lyubushkin will be able to do extremely well against 2nd and 3rd lines. Once lyubushkin gets adjusted to the leafs system I dont even mind them playing the odd shift against top lines either.

Overall i think Lehtonen will be better but based off the leafs needs Lyubushkin will be better for them. I still believe that the leafs should get both and dress 7d so Lehtonen is able to play with rielly mostly in the oz and lyub can take the defensive zone minutes
Trickster liked this.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 1:22 p.m.
Kings v5 GM
Quoting: LeafsFanForSomeReason
I agree he's a great fit for the Leafs, I just don't want to bank on him climbing the ladder. Demelo is more of a sure thing, imo and depth never hurts.

Absolutely it would be nice but I just dont see the leafs making a big move like that this offseason. I'm a believer in what Lyubushkin can do and I'm also not as high on demelo. Hes an alright complimentary piece on a pair (kind of like Holl) but at that price is expect to get a bit of a better guy. This season he was good but I just dont see him pairing well with rielly. It wouldnt surprise me if I'm wrong but I've just got this weird feeling about him and I dont really know why
Jun. 10, 2020 at 1:28 p.m.
Absolutely it would be nice but I just dont see the leafs making a big move like that this offseason. I'm a believer in what Lyubushkin can do and I'm also not as high on demelo. Hes an alright complimentary piece on a pair (kind of like Holl) but at that price is expect to get a bit of a better guy. This season he was good but I just dont see him pairing well with rielly. It wouldnt surprise me if I'm wrong but I've just got this weird feeling about him and I dont really know why

I get that. I think he's maybe being a bit overhyped heading into FA, but if they could get him on a reasonable deal (which, you never know - he's from London ON, played junior in Mississauga and has played in Canada the last two seasons, it might be an attractive destination for him) I'd be pretty optimistic.
Jack_ liked this.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 1:38 p.m.
Banned
I like the moves, it’s very good. You improved the team without trading any of the key players. One thing that I would suggest is DeMelo probably gets closer to 4 million at least on the open market. You still have cap available.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 1:41 p.m.
Quoting: MitchMarnerElite
I like the moves, it’s very good. You improved the team without trading any of the key players. One thing that I would suggest is DeMelo probably gets closer to 4 million at least on the open market. You still have cap available.

Thanks. I wasn't sure on Demelo - I've seen AGM's with his number much higher and lower than this so I split the difference and just tried to leave a bit of wiggle room.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 1:45 p.m.
Doubt Mikheyev would take the same deal as Engvall (I hope he would but I doubt it)
Lines are pretty interchangeable - nothing is set in stone in terms of lines.
Dermott's weird one - I don't see him making what Holl makes on a 2 year term considering no UFA years are purchased, but you never know.

SDA is more a matter of opinion - I'm sure the deal could be made to work with someone else if it works with SDA

Yes. That opinion is did SDA make Robertson, or did Robertson make SDA, or is this a Hull and Oates sideshow that you don't break up?

Think I would want to find thatvout before moving him.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 2:03 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
You think Lizotte is a 3C, but you gave the Kings nothing.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 2:07 p.m.
Quoting: palhal

I gave them what was recommended to me by Kings a couple of Kings fans - and of course no couple of voices can speak for an entire fanbase, but I figured they could gauge their own players value better than I could.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 2:08 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: MitchMarnerElite

Thanks. I wasn't sure on Demelo - I've seen AGM's with his number much higher and lower than this so I split the difference and just tried to leave a bit of wiggle room.

My Anaheim GM is going to offer De Melo $4 million for 4 or 5 years if he knows what's good for him.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 2:12 p.m.

I gave them what was recommended to me by Kings a couple of Kings fans - and of course no couple of voices can speak for an entire fanbase, but I figured they could gauge their own players value better than I could.

He's an undrafted bottom-six forward that performed significantly above expectations in his rookie campaign. He requires protection in the expansion draft next summer, and the Kings don't have a slot to protect him. I like him on the Kings, but I'm not going to be unrealistic on the expected return in a trade. He's one of those players that is more valuable to a team than his trade value suggests that you would normally recommend keeping instead of trading, but if the Kings are going to lose him next summer anyway, they might as well get something for him.

A B-prospect in SDA and a 3rd round pick in the upcoming draft is a fair price. The Kings could probably get more if they held onto him and traded him at the deadline, but at that point there's the risk that he has a sophomore slump and doesn't really warrant any return. Assuming the Kings do move him this summer, i think SDA and a 3rd is a reasonable return.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 2:12 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
My Anaheim GM is going to offer De Melo $4 million for 4 or 5 years if he knows what's god for him.

Lol. I'm hoping maybe Demelo wants to stay in Canada and play close to his hometown for a discount. It's pipe dream but I'm holding on to hope.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 2:15 p.m.
@OldNYIfan

What do you think of the team/moves?
Jun. 10, 2020 at 2:18 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

In isolation, this might not be the optimal return for Lizotte -- Travis Dermott plus or minus might be closer -- but under the loom of the approaching expansion draft, I'd rather he were the 8th forward on your protection list than ours.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 2:29 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
@OldNYIfan

What do you think of the team/moves?

I love the Bennett and Lyubushkin acquisitions. I love the signing of De Melo even more.

In a couple of my recent efforts (not all published) I've sent Kerfoot to Edmonton for the same two thirds (!!), bearing in mind that the 2020 one might turn into a 2022 depending upon the ruling about the Lucic/Neal transaction. Just think: A top-4 left side of Draisaitl, Kerfoot, McDavid and Nugent-Hopkins is an unlimited "mix-and-match" depending upon circumstances (i.e., any one can play with any one of the other three).

If Dermott can be signed for that, this really IS an ideal off-season.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 2:35 p.m.
In isolation, this might not be the optimal return for Lizotte -- Travis Dermott plus or minus might be closer -- but under the loom of the approaching expansion draft, I'd rather he were the 8th forward on your protection list than ours.

Technically he's the 5th forward on the protection list. There's no way that the Kings are going the 7/3/1 route. They will protect Kopitar, Kempe, Iafallo, and one of Grundstrom or Wagner (assuming they don't acquire anyone else before the draft). On defense, they're going to protect Doughty, Clague, Walker, and Roy. Petersen obviously in goal.

Removing Lizotte from the list of available forwards nudges Seattle towards taking Brown or Quick. They could just as easily take Wagner or MacDermid, but those guys have a significantly lower ceiling. If Lizotte was on the table, that would be a no-brainer for them and veteran guys wouldn't even be considered.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 2:37 p.m.
I love the Bennett and Lyubushkin acquisitions. I love the signing of De Melo even more.

In a couple of my recent efforts (not all published) I've sent Kerfoot to Edmonton for the same two thirds (!!), bearing in mind that the 2020 one might turn into a 2022 depending upon the ruling about the Lucic/Neal transaction. Just think: A top-4 left side of Draisaitl, Kerfoot, McDavid and Nugent-Hopkins is an unlimited "mix-and-match" depending upon circumstances (i.e., any one can play with any one of the other three).

If Dermott can be signed for that, this really IS an ideal off-season.

Awesome! Thanks for the kind words. I had the exact same thinking with the Kerfoot trade. I wasn't specific to EDM but I chose them for the example trade because I think it's an ideal location for him. It offers a great deal of versatility as you said, and it also gives them another C option should they choose to move on from RNH.

I think the ruling would probably be that the pick doesn't transfer, but that's just me.

I may have been a tad optimistic with the Dermott signing, but I definitely don't see him making over $2m on a two year deal.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 2:42 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Awesome! Thanks for the kind words. I had the exact same thinking with the Kerfoot trade. I wasn't specific to EDM but I chose them for the example trade because I think it's an ideal location for him. It offers a great deal of versatility as you said, and it also gives them another C option should they choose to move on from RNH.

I think the ruling would probably be that the pick doesn't transfer, but that's just me.

I may have been a tad optimistic with the Dermott signing, but I definitely don't see him making over $2m on a two year deal.

I think that the reason why Bettman has made statements to the effect that the play-in round ISN'T a playoff round is to resolve the operation of all of the conditional picks, including what happens if Neal does or doesn't score a goal in one of the first-round games.
Jun. 10, 2020 at 2:44 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: tkecanuck341
Technically he's the 5th forward on the protection list. There's no way that the Kings are going the 7/3/1 route. They will protect Kopitar, Kempe, Iafallo, and one of Grundstrom or Wagner (assuming they don't acquire anyone else before the draft). On defense, they're going to protect Doughty, Clague, Walker, and Roy. Petersen obviously in goal.

Removing Lizotte from the list of available forwards nudges Seattle towards taking Brown or Quick. They could just as easily take Wagner or MacDermid, but those guys have a significantly lower ceiling. If Lizotte was on the table, that would be a no-brainer for them and veteran guys wouldn't even be considered.

I have a soft spot in my heart for Martin Frk and homeboy Trevor Moore, so that's what my preliminary protect list looks like, but you're probably right about the importance of protecting Matt Roy (whom I have left off so far).

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll