SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

NHL Playoff and Play-in Discussion

Aug. 22, 2020 at 4:48 p.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
Well, I guess I'm not the only person picking Dallas.

It's just a hunch, but I think Avs will have the same fate as the Canes did. After absolutely smashing it in play-in round, they got a bit overconfident of their play and went against Bruins who weren't impressive in the slightest during their round robin campaign...and we know what happens. It's a classic thing to happen with younger teams.

COL is also a young team. After smashing Arizona, if they become too overconfident regarding their ability to beat Stars, they'll be in for a rude awakening.

Ofc that won't mean anything if the Stars first line can't get their ducks in a row, but I'm optimistic.
rangersandislesfan and Remus liked this.
Aug. 22, 2020 at 8:47 p.m.
What in tarnation
This Colorado - Dallas game has gone only for 10 minutes yet I can say one thing with 100% confidence.

Nathan MacKinnon is the best hockey player in the world.
Aug. 22, 2020 at 10:28 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
@justaBoss do you have one favourite team between the Stars and the Bolts or are they tied for you?
Aug. 22, 2020 at 10:30 p.m.
What in tarnation
@justaBoss do you have one favourite team between the Stars and the Bolts or are they tied for you?

I'm a Stars fan by heart and soul, but since my brother is a Tampa fan I've also grown to like that team.
Aug. 22, 2020 at 10:39 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: justaBoss
I'm a Stars fan by heart and soul, but since my brother is a Tampa fan I've also grown to like that team.

So, you'd be cheering for Dallas if they play each other in the final?
Aug. 22, 2020 at 10:42 p.m.
What in tarnation
So, you'd be cheering for Dallas if they play each other in the final?

Yup
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Aug. 23, 2020 at 10:44 p.m.
Tampa need to start playing before it's 3-0 if they wanna have any chance against Boston. Where was this team in the first 2 periods.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 9:46 a.m.
Quoting: Rangsey
Tampa need to start playing before it's 3-0 if they wanna have any chance against Boston. Where was this team in the first 2 periods.

halak played great. 2 tipped goals going through arent his fault. lightning had 37 shots on goal, played a physical game. I thought they played fine, a little sloppy in their own end but fine. Bruins look like a team that's pissed they won the presidents cup and were given the 4 seed for the playoffs. Absolute terrible job by the officials yet again. Either call things or dont. Keep it consistent round to round. Thats the number 1 thing that bothers me as a fan. You can watch the same round and a different series and the calls are vastly different. Brutally soft calls going both ways last night. Also its not like when tampa went down 3-0 they turned a different gear, bruins still had some great chances to score. especially with the empty net.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 10:11 a.m.
interesting that even though we have reseeding occuring the quarterfinals for both conferences still end up being divisional series.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 11:40 a.m.
Quoting: hanson493
halak played great. 2 tipped goals going through arent his fault. lightning had 37 shots on goal, played a physical game. I thought they played fine, a little sloppy in their own end but fine. Bruins look like a team that's pissed they won the presidents cup and were given the 4 seed for the playoffs. Absolute terrible job by the officials yet again. Either call things or dont. Keep it consistent round to round. Thats the number 1 thing that bothers me as a fan. You can watch the same round and a different series and the calls are vastly different. Brutally soft calls going both ways last night. Also its not like when tampa went down 3-0 they turned a different gear, bruins still had some great chances to score. especially with the empty net.

There was a shift in intent late. Every Tampa skater protect the puck far better in the 3rd compared to the first two.

I agree about the officiating tho. I don't care if you're bad just be consistently bad.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 12:10 p.m.
Quoting: Rangsey
There was a shift in intent late. Every Tampa skater protect the puck far better in the 3rd compared to the first two.

I agree about the officiating tho. I don't care if you're bad just be consistently bad.

Lightning dominated the 2nd period. Halak just played excellent. If hedman doesnt hit mcavoy on both goals halak might have had a shut out. That being said. once the bruins scored that 3rd goal lightning lost alot of their momentum and didnt get anything back until around the 7 minute mark in the 3rd.

Agree 100% give all 8 teams remaining the same bad officiating, or let them all play. be consistent. I dont want to watch the game tonight and see a completely different set of standards. I also dont want to watch tomorrows game and see a completely different rules threshold. than what was established game 1. but we know that will happen.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 3:44 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Lightning dominated the 2nd period. Halak just played excellent. If hedman doesnt hit mcavoy on both goals halak might have had a shut out. That being said. once the bruins scored that 3rd goal lightning lost alot of their momentum and didnt get anything back until around the 7 minute mark in the 3rd.

Agree 100% give all 8 teams remaining the same bad officiating, or let them all play. be consistent. I dont want to watch the game tonight and see a completely different set of standards. I also dont want to watch tomorrows game and see a completely different rules threshold. than what was established game 1. but we know that will happen.

Hedman didn't injure McAvoy, though. If he did, then they would have had more energy and come back.

(Last time using this joke)
Aug. 24, 2020 at 3:45 p.m.
Black Lives Matter

I'd just like to see them call everything instead of letting everything go ... at least letting everything go is better than letting some things go and calling other things.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 3:46 p.m.
Hedman didn't injure McAvoy, though. If he did, then they would have had more energy and come back.

(Last time using this joke)

lol different type of "hit" being used here raif. joke didnt match wink shot hits mcavoy, not hedman actually hitting him. although chara did crosscheck hedman square on the numbers and didnt look phased when hedman got up and started coming at him
Aug. 24, 2020 at 3:48 p.m.
I'd just like to see them call everything instead of letting everything go ... at least letting everything go is better than letting some things go and calling other things.

thats what ive preached for years man, its all or nothing. if you start with the ticky tac crap in the first you have to call it in the 3rd. idc if its playoffs or not. you have to be consistent all game long and all series long. one of my biggest gripes about the postseason. Either call everything that should be a penalty. or call the blatant egregious stuff. cant have it both ways in a 7 game series.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 7:21 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
lol different type of "hit" being used here raif. joke didnt match wink shot hits mcavoy, not hedman actually hitting him. although chara did crosscheck hedman square on the numbers and didnt look phased when hedman got up and started coming at him

ok that makes more sense then lol ... that would explain why I didn't remember Hedman hitting McAvoy.
hanson493 liked this.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 7:31 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
haha lol I’m glad Hayes missed. That bloody diver gave Philly so many PPs against us. Go Isles
Aug. 24, 2020 at 8:16 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I'm so glad we traded for Andy Greene.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 8:49 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Varlamov is the reason we're still leading ... we need to be better in the third.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 8:52 p.m.
HutsonNorlinderGuhle
Varlamov is the reason we're still leading ... we need to be better in the third.

as long as you keep shutting down the Flyers’ offense, you should be good. Just don’ let Phil Myers get a shot from the blueline squinty smile
Aug. 24, 2020 at 9:19 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: HabsFan9
as long as you keep shutting down the Flyers’ offense, you should be good. Just don’ let Phil Myers get a shot from the blueline squinty smile

I think I'm missing something from the Montreal series ... I didn't watch that whole series.
Aug. 24, 2020 at 9:37 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
applaud
Aug. 24, 2020 at 11:13 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
I just got back to watch the game and I saw on the stats that MacKinnon got another assist ...
Aug. 24, 2020 at 11:15 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
Was there some sort of delay? A goal review?
Aug. 25, 2020 at 12:41 a.m.
What in tarnation
Quoting: justaBoss
It's just a hunch, but I think Avs will have the same fate as the Canes did. After absolutely smashing it in play-in round, they got a bit overconfident of their play and went against Bruins who weren't impressive in the slightest during their round robin campaign...and we know what happens. It's a classic thing to happen with younger teams.

COL is also a young team. After smashing Arizona, if they become too overconfident regarding their ability to beat Stars, they'll be in for a rude awakening.

Ofc that won't mean anything if the Stars first line can't get their ducks in a row, but I'm optimistic.

I'M PUMPED.

Based on first two games I was absolutely right regarding Avs. Past MacKinnon they've been unable to do absolutely anything. Hasn't he been involved in all 5 goals they've managed to score against DAL during these two games lol.

LET'S GO STARS!

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll