Forums/Armchair-GM

Pens trade Dallas

Created by: PGHBOB69
Team: 2020-21 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 10, 2020
Published: Dec. 10, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Pens get their 3C. A good two-way, defensive Center that can chip in and score a bit. Signed long term to a reasonable deal, and still young.

Dallas gets a top 100 prospect. A LHD to play with Heiskanen for years to come. I know Harley is there too, but PO-Joseph is NHL ready, or close. And Dallas can move Dickinson up to 3C or if Ty Dellandrea is ready, even better.

I would love to see Maniscalco win that 3rd pairing RHD spot. Sh*t they should give it to him. Ruthwedel or Ceci arnt apart of our future. Maniscalco is. And have Riikolla and M.Pysyk be our 7th and 8th D.
And Poulin or Drew OConnor win that 3rd line RW spot. And have Rodrigues move to our 13th forward. He’s perfect. Can play all 3 positions and is a Right-handed shot. And the 4th line would be Janko/Blueger/Tanev. Just as good defensively and even better when ZAR is back and 100% healthy.
Trades
DAL
  1. Joseph, Pierre-Olivier
  2. 2022 3rd round pick (PIT)
Buyouts
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the WSH
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$79,531,842$0$850,000$1,968,158
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 5
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,940,000$2,940,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$3,250,000$3,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 5
$700,000$700,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 3
$4,025,175$4,025,175
LD
UFA - 5
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
$4,875,000$4,875,000
LD
UFA - 6
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Dallas Stars
$750,000$750,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,150,000$1,150,000
LD
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
RW, C, LW
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 10, 2020 at 7:53 p.m.
Jinx god
No from Dallas, personally I love Faksa and don't want to see him go but that's not the main reason, we need forwards not defense, look at GF and GA from this season... that will explain it all
Dec. 10, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
Edited Dec. 10, 2020 at 8:07 p.m.
Quoting: EsoYeezus69
No from Dallas, personally I love Faksa and don't want to see him go but that's not the main reason, we need forwards not defense, look at GF and GA from this season... that will explain it all

When I did this b4, I did PO-Joseph and a 1st round pick and even Dallas fans were saying it was an overpay. U can go back and find it. So that why I lowered the pick to a 3rd.

Ya, I like Faksa too. I also like PO-Joseph. Gonna be really good. Hard worker, put on 20 pounds of muscle from when he was drafted. Drafted at 6’3, 165. Up to 6’3 185 now. And still adding weight!! Plays all special teams. PK and Point on the PP. played over 25 minutes a game last year in the AHL for the baby pens. It just with the Matheson trade now. I don’t see where he fits in. And he’s ready to play NHL minutes. Top 100 prospect in the NHL on any list out there. I want to see him up with Pens!! But like I said, I don’t see where he fits unless there is an injury.

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2019/08/28/pittsburgh-penguins-prospects-2/

https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/exclusive-coach-raves-about-joseph-he-could-play-in-nhl-next-year-pittsburgh-penguins/
Dec. 10, 2020 at 9:04 p.m.
Meh I’d rather just sign Haula then trade POJ for a 3C but if all else fails I’d definitely consider this
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Dec. 10, 2020 at 9:31 p.m.
Quoting: mhockey91
Meh I’d rather just sign Haula then trade POJ for a 3C but if all else fails I’d definitely consider this

I’m kind of over Haula!! Lol. But I guess that’s a good thing. Maybe teams are getting there too and his price will go down. Faksa > Haula anyways. Way better defensively, younger, reasonable contract, long term. Fast. Fits perfectly as the 3C JR and Sully look for.
mhockey91 liked this.
Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:07 p.m.
Quoting: mhockey91

Is POJ have any NHL potential ? Maybe 6th dman but he looks like a solid bust
Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:09 p.m.
Edited Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:21 p.m.
Quoting: GMs
Is POJ have any NHL potential ? Maybe 6th dman but he looks like a solid bust

Sure..lol. He’s a top 100 prospect in the NHL on any list u search man.

https://pittsburghhockeynow.com/exclusive-coach-raves-about-joseph-he-could-play-in-nhl-next-year-pittsburgh-penguins/

Joseph is a very good skater and is mobile in both directions. His first step is strong, and he has very good acceleration both forwards and backwards. He also has the top-end speed necessary to be able to join the rush, or pinch in at the blue line and also recover when he gets caught.

Excellent pivots and edgework allow him to cover 360 degrees of ice. He keeps himself in front of attackers and maintains good gap control with his smooth skating and his lateral agility. Joseph can also use his agility to walk the line in the offensive zone and to open up shooting and passing lanes. Joseph has bulked up since his draft year, adding over 20 pounds in the last two years. He is strong on the puck and wins more battles in the corners and in front of the net as a result. There is probably a bit more room to add muscle to his lanky frame. How much is necessary will be seen as he tests himself against professional opponents this year.

Offensive Game

Joseph is a smart player, who can quarterback the play from the point. He has very good vision, and the passing skills to be a playmaker. Joseph can make a good pass, both to start the transition game, or to set things up at the blue line. He is poised with the puck on his stick, taking the time to survey the ice and make the right play. Joseph has the patience wait for a play to develop. He has also become more adept at joining the rush, as well as pinching in from the blue line over the last two seasons.

Joseph keeps his shot low and gets it on the net. This gives his teammates the opportunity at rebounds and tip-ins. He has increased his power with his increased muscle mass. This has naturally led to an increase in goals. The release on his wrist shot is also improved. This is still an area that can continue to get better but he has taken strides in the last year. Joseph can sneak down from the point and let his wrist shot go from the top of the faceoff circles.

Defensive Game

Joseph’s mobility makes him very difficult to beat one-on-one, and his active stick allows him to play a strong defensive game. He cuts down passing and shooting lanes well. He also creates turnovers with his ability to read the play and his anticipation. Once those are created, he transitions quickly from defence to offence. Joseph is better at winning his battles on the boards and clearing the front of the net now that he has improved his strength.

Joseph leaves junior hockey behind as he heads to Penguins training camp. His skating and transition ability make him a very good prospect, especially in a league that seems to get faster every year. Patience will be needed though before he is ready to make the jump to the NHL as he needs some AHL time. He could see some minutes as a call-up if injuries hit this year. Realistically he is looking at 2020 for a real chance at a full-time role

Poehling must be a bust too!! Only 4 spots ahead of PO-Joseph on this list!! And older than him!!

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2019/09/22/2019-top-nhl-prospects-80-61/

Romanov is 22nd though!! Lol. He’s gonna be tough. But he’s a “A”, “A+” prospect though. PO-Joseph is an “A-“, “A” prospect. A top 100 prospect but usually from 65-96 range. NHL ready, and that’s a 7th-8th potential defensemen to u??
mhockey91 liked this.
Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:16 p.m.
What in tarnation
Nah, imo Dallas says no to this. With Seguin out long term they aren't in position to move centers, also the fact he just signed a 5-year deal doesn't make me think DAL would be suddenly looking to move the guy. Furthermore, with Heiskanen, Lindell, Oleksiak and Harley as their LHDs the Stars don't really have a huge need for POJ at the moment. This trade just doesn't make sense for a team that just played in the cup final. Teams like that seldom are trading their more important players for iffy prospects.
Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:23 p.m.
Quoting: justaBoss
Nah, imo Dallas says no to this. With Seguin out long term they aren't in position to move centers, also the fact he just signed a 5-year deal doesn't make me think DAL would be suddenly looking to move the guy. Furthermore, with Heiskanen, Lindell, Oleksiak and Harley as their LHDs the Stars don't really have a huge need for POJ at the moment. This trade just doesn't make sense for a team that just played in the cup final. Teams like that seldom are trading their more important players for iffy prospects.

I thought Heiskanen played RHD as a Left-handed shot. If u read the description it explains it more.

Lol. Top 100 prospect that is NHL ready. Read the linked articles my man and the post b4 u.

And go back, I posted a 1st round pick PO -Joseph as an Old ACGM and even Dallas fans were saying it was an overpay. That’s why I changed it to a 3rd.

1st read the description and this thread and linked articles.
Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:25 p.m.
Quoting: PGHBOB69
Sure..lol. He’s a top 100 prospect in the NHL on any list u search man.

Joseph is a very good skater and is mobile in both directions. His first step is strong, and he has very good acceleration both forwards and backwards. He also has the top-end speed necessary to be able to join the rush, or pinch in at the blue line and also recover when he gets caught.

Excellent pivots and edgework allow him to cover 360 degrees of ice. He keeps himself in front of attackers and maintains good gap control with his smooth skating and his lateral agility. Joseph can also use his agility to walk the line in the offensive zone and to open up shooting and passing lanes. Joseph has bulked up since his draft year, adding over 20 pounds in the last two years. He is strong on the puck and wins more battles in the corners and in front of the net as a result. There is probably a bit more room to add muscle to his lanky frame. How much is necessary will be seen as he tests himself against professional opponents this year.

Offensive Game

Joseph is a smart player, who can quarterback the play from the point. He has very good vision, and the passing skills to be a playmaker. Joseph can make a good pass, both to start the transition game, or to set things up at the blue line. He is poised with the puck on his stick, taking the time to survey the ice and make the right play. Joseph has the patience wait for a play to develop. He has also become more adept at joining the rush, as well as pinching in from the blue line over the last two seasons.

Joseph keeps his shot low and gets it on the net. This gives his teammates the opportunity at rebounds and tip-ins. He has increased his power with his increased muscle mass. This has naturally led to an increase in goals. The release on his wrist shot is also improved. This is still an area that can continue to get better but he has taken strides in the last year. Joseph can sneak down from the point and let his wrist shot go from the top of the faceoff circles.

Defensive Game

Joseph’s mobility makes him very difficult to beat one-on-one, and his active stick allows him to play a strong defensive game. He cuts down passing and shooting lanes well. He also creates turnovers with his ability to read the play and his anticipation. Once those are created, he transitions quickly from defence to offence. Joseph is better at winning his battles on the boards and clearing the front of the net now that he has improved his strength.

Joseph leaves junior hockey behind as he heads to Penguins training camp. His skating and transition ability make him a very good prospect, especially in a league that seems to get faster every year. Patience will be needed though before he is ready to make the jump to the NHL as he needs some AHL time. He could see some minutes as a call-up if injuries hit this year. Realistically he is looking at 2020 for a real chance at a full-time role

Poehling must be a bust too!! Only 4 spots ahead of PO-Joseph on this list!! And older than him!!

https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/2019/09/22/2019-top-nhl-prospects-80-61/

Romanov is 22nd though!! Lol. He’s gonna be tough. But he’s a “A”, “A+” prospect though. PO-Joseph is an “A-“, “A” prospect. A top 100 prospect but usually from 65-96 range. NHL ready, and that’s a 7th-8th potential defensemen to u??

You took something from 2019 … Josh Brook is higher than both Poehling and POJ on this list and Lias Anderson is high. Take it with a grain of salt
Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:25 p.m.
What in tarnation
I thought Heiskanen played RHD as a Left-handed shot. If u read the description it explains it more.

He does play RD in Dallas, but preferably they'd use him as LD, playing his natural side. But with Johns in LTIR he got moved there. Tbh he's good enough to play either side. But still POJ's LHD which Dallas already have a surplus of. With losing Pysyk they only have one actual RHD in Klingberg.
Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:26 p.m.
You took something from 2019 … Josh Brook is higher than both Poehling and POJ on this list and Lias Anderson is high. Take it with a grain of salt

Any list u search bud. He’s top 100. That’s the 1st that came up. Google NHL top 100 prospects. He’ll be on every list.
Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:27 p.m.
Any list u search bud. He’s top 100. That’s the 1st that came up. Google NHL top 100 prospects. He’ll be on every list.

Alright he might be a bust for a first round pick but he might become a top4 LHD we never know, I didn't realize he was only 21 yo
Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:30 p.m.
He does play RD in Dallas, but preferably they'd use him as LD, playing his natural side. But with Johns in LTIR he got moved there. Tbh he's good enough to play either side. But still POJ's LHD which Dallas already have a surplus of. With losing Pysyk they only have one actual RHD in Klingberg.

PO Joseph is a top 100 prospect in the NHL too. Lol. And is NHL ready. Read the linked articles my man and the posts b4 u.

And go back, I posted a 1st round pick and PO -Joseph as an Old ACGM and even Dallas fans were saying it was an overpay. That’s why I changed it to a 3rd.

1st, read the description though and the old posts from this thread, all the stuff is already said, and linked articles if u care enough.
Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:33 p.m.
Alright he might be a bust for a first round pick but he might become a top4 LHD we never know, I didn't realize he was only 21 yo

Yep, just like Poehling could be a bust, Caufield could be too!! Neither have proven a thing in the NHL either. But Joseph is NHL ready and played 25 minutes plus a night in the AHL last year, played on the PK, on the point on the PP. made the pens, taxi squad for the play-offs. He’s further along than Poehling and younger!!

Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:37 p.m.
Serf
Dec. 10, 2020 at 10:44 p.m.
Quoting: sensibleguy

Ok he’s 94th on that list from August of 2020. Like I said, top 100 on any list u google search.

I love when people try to tell me about prospects in the Pens system. What sense does that make..?? It’s like me telling u about a prospect in yours..right??

I’ve read every article on these guys since they’ve been drafted. Atleast the 1st and 2nd round picks and probably the top 15-20 prospects in the system.

If u can show me an article I haven’t already read about a Penguins prospect, Especially a top 10 prospect, I’d be very surprised. I’d bet a lot of money u would not be able to find one. I’m in 2 hockey fantasy leagues. My keeper league has been going on for 10 plus years. I would say close to 15 probably. You have to know every team’s goalies, every team’s top prospects, the top 10-20 in the draft every year. Most every player!! And I also have season ticket and watch a lot of games.

I mean, I’m still I’m wrong a lot, daily!! and obviously don’t know everything. But to try and tell me about a pens prospect is a losing battle. Just like I would lose against the Montreal dudes telling them about Caufield or Romanov, or Poehling.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 2:36 a.m.
Banned
I would make this trade, Next year after the expansion draft. You make this trade now, you lose either McCann or Faksa for nothing, or you pay an arm and a leg to keep them.
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 2:42 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
I would make this trade, Next year after the expansion draft. You make this trade now, you lose either McCann or Faksa for nothing, or you pay an arm and a leg to keep them.

I agree. Faksa is signed long term to a good deal. Great two-way Center. Perfect for the Pens 3rd line. Like Staal and Bonino were. The best would be Cirelli, lol. But that’s a pipe dream. I think this is actually a possibility. Dallas has 3C to replace him. He’s expendable to them. They have Ty Dellandrea who is NHL ready and should be up this year or next. They have Dickinson on their roster right now that is a good 3C. I think Raksa could be had.
pharrow liked this.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 2:50 a.m.
Banned
I agree. Faksa is signed long term to a good deal. Great two-way Center. Perfect for the Pens 3rd line. Like Staal and Bonino were. The best would be Cirelli, lol. But that’s a pipe dream. I think this is actually a possibility. Dallas has 3C to replace him. He’s expendable to them. They have Ty Dellandrea who is NHL ready and should be up this year or next. They have Dickinson on their roster right now that is a good 3C. I think Raksa could be had.

they are also historical trade partners but they have to build the team going forward knowing the expansion draft. POJ is an asset that is exempt. That's why if they do this, next year.
I don't think we see a lot this year. I think anyone who knows this team knows that playoffs might not be happening this year. They start so slow. They don't know how to get it together at the beginning of the season. They got a rhythm to get all cylinders firing at the end of the season. You mess with the timing, you end up in a wreck. I don't think this team finishes well this year, and I think they know that to.
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 2:58 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
they are also historical trade partners but they have to build the team going forward knowing the expansion draft. POJ is an asset that is exempt. That's why if they do this, next year.
I don't think we see a lot this year. I think anyone who knows this team knows that playoffs might not be happening this year. They start so slow. They don't know how to get it together at the beginning of the season. They got a rhythm to get all cylinders firing at the end of the season. You mess with the timing, you end up in a wreck. I don't think this team finishes well this year, and I think they know that to.

I’m a Mark Pysyk fan too. I think he’s been misused on 2 bad teams. Fast, Right-Handed shot, 1st round pedigree, can score and plays good defense too. Isn’t afraid to hit or block pucks either. Another guy like Riikola that I think is a top 5, 7th Defender in the NHL. Could play well on the 3rd pairing on a lot of NHL teams. But a great 7th Defender!! Had 9 goals last year in 58 games.
pharrow liked this.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 3:06 a.m.
Banned
I’m a Mark Pysyk fan too. I think he’s been misused on 2 bad teams. Fast, Right-Handed shot, 1st round pedigree, can score and plays good defense too. Isn’t afraid to hit or block pucks either. Another guy like Riikola that I think is a top 5, 7th Defender in the NHL. Could play well on the 3rd pairing on a lot of NHL teams. But a great 7th Defender!! Had 9 goals last year in 58 games.

he probably starts a 3RD for the penguins. It's not like it's going to be hard to beat out Ceci for that role.
PGHBOB69 liked this.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 3:45 a.m.
What in tarnation
PO Joseph is a top 100 prospect in the NHL too. Lol. And is NHL ready. Read the linked articles my man and the posts b4 u.

And go back, I posted a 1st round pick and PO -Joseph as an Old ACGM and even Dallas fans were saying it was an overpay. That’s why I changed it to a 3rd.

1st, read the description though and the old posts from this thread, all the stuff is already said, and linked articles if u care enough.

Doesn't matter. If he's not needed in Pittsburgh who has weaker defense than Dallas, then he isn't needed in Dallas either. They're looking to get better now as their window is very much open.

I myself ain't a huge fan, and his stocks are dropping as he's stuck in the current Pens system. I'd personally much rather keep Faksa.

And yeah I agree that POJ+1st would've been too much.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 4:10 a.m.
Doesn't matter. If he's not needed in Pittsburgh who has weaker defense than Dallas, then he isn't needed in Dallas either. They're looking to get better now as their window is very much open.

I myself ain't a huge fan, and his stocks are dropping as he's stuck in the current Pens system. I'd personally much rather keep Faksa.

And yeah I agree that POJ+1st would've been too much.

I don’t know why u are so insulting and taking this so personally. Like I’m attacking your family by saying PO-Joseph is a top 100 prospect. Holy sh*t man. Again, google any list, u win find him in the top 100. I don’t know why u think u can tell me about my team, the city I grew up in and lived in my whole life. and the prospects I’ve followed and read every article on since they’ve been drafted.

And Pittsburgh does not have a weaker defense than Dallas. Dumoulin/Letang, Petterrson/Marino, Matheson/Ceci, Ruthwedel platoon. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Maniscalco won the 3rd pairing RHD roster spot. So it would be Matheson/Maniscalco.

I guess it was all talent from Fluery, Murray and Jarry. It had nothing to do with the defensive in front of them. Let alone the best defensive line in the NHL last year Tanev/Blueger/ZAR. All 3 had Selke votes last year. So that proves it right there. If u look into the numbers and analytics they are ridiculous and will prove it more. And ZAR was the best Defensive forward statistically and analytics wise last year.

https://jfresh.substack.com/p/zach-aston-reese-has-the-best-defensive

I’d Still put our top 4 d-men and our top 6 forwards up against any teams in the NHL still. Letang is still a top 10 RHD in the league. And still top 3 on the Point on the PP(Letang, Krug, Weber) put them in any order still(1A, 1B, 1C, it doesn’t matter). Marino had Calder votes last year, his rookie year, the same as Heiskanen did the year b4. Yes, Heiskanen > Marnio. But Marino is still a top Defensemen in the NHL under 25. He was 6th in the Calder last year.

I like Heiskanen, I’m a fan!! And I like The Stars too. But to say there defense is better, just isn’t true. And if it is, it isn’t like it’s head above ours. Like a different tier. Oleksiak couldn’t even make it in Pittsburgh. He couldn’t crack our pairings when J.Johnson was here. We had to trade him.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 4:42 a.m.
What in tarnation
I don’t know why u are so insulting and taking this so personally. Like I’m attacking your family by saying PO-Joseph is a top 100 prospect. Holy sh*t man. Again, google any list, u win find him in the top 100. I don’t know why u think u can tell me about my team, the city I grew up in and lived in my whole life. and the prospects I’ve followed and read every article on since they’ve been drafted.

And Pittsburgh does not have a weaker defense than Dallas. Dumoulin/Letang, Petterrson/Marino, Matheson/Ceci, Ruthwedel platoon. And I wouldn’t be surprised if Maniscalco won the 3rd pairing RHD roster spot. So it would be Matheson/Maniscalco.

I guess it was all talent from Fluery, Murray and Jarry. It had nothing to do with the defensive in front of them. Let alone the best defensive line in the NHL last year Tanev/Blueger/ZAR. All 3 had Selke votes last year. So that proves it right there. If u look into the numbers and analytics they are ridiculous and will prove it more. And ZAR was the best Defensive forward statistically and analytics wise last year.

https://jfresh.substack.com/p/zach-aston-reese-has-the-best-defensive

I’d Still put our top 4 d-men and our top 6 forwards up against any teams in the NHL still. Letang is still a top 10 RHD in the league. And still top 3 on the Point on the PP(Letang, Krug, Weber) put them in any order still(1A, 1B, 1C, it doesn’t matter). Marino had Calder votes last year, his rookie year, the same as Heiskanen did the year b4. Yes, Heiskanen > Marnio. But Marino is still a top Defensemen in the NHL under 25. He was 6th in the Calder last year.

I like Heiskanen, I’m a fan!! And I like The Stars too. But to say there defense is better, just isn’t true. And if it is, it isn’t like it’s head above ours. Like a different tier. Oleksiak couldn’t even make it in Pittsburgh. He couldn’t crack our pairings when J.Johnson was here. We had to trade him.

I'm not taking anything personally nor have I spouted a single insult here... You're overanalyzing my sentences based on the hefty replies there mate.

POJ is a decent prospect, but I have my doubts on the guy. Harley is the 4th guy DAL are investing in...Joseph would become a surplus D in Dallas as well. Same was the case with ARI, and it seems the Pens as well.

My opinion is that Pens defense is worse than Dallas. Based on your pairings I'd much rather have Lindell-Klingberg over Dumoulin-Letang, as well as Oleksiak-Heiskanen over Pettersson-Marino. I personally don't view Letang as a top10 RHD anymore. Also that 3rd pair of Pittsburgh is probably the worst in the entire league...much rather have Sekera-Pysyk over that one as well. As for why PIT traded Oleksiak back to DAL, some Pens fans have told me it was because Sullivan didn't think Oleksiak was gritty enough for being such a big D-man.

I'm not saying PIT defense is bad. Those two first pairs are actually fairly good. I'm simply saying DAL is better. Stars offense is very mediocre, and those D-men are vital in terms of offensive production as well, especially Heiskanen and Klingberg.
TheMooterus liked this.
Dec. 11, 2020 at 5:19 a.m.
I'm not taking anything personally nor have I spouted a single insult here... You're overanalyzing my sentences based on the hefty replies there mate.

POJ is a decent prospect, but I have my doubts on the guy. Harley is the 4th guy DAL are investing in...Joseph would become a surplus D in Dallas as well. Same was the case with ARI, and it seems the Pens as well.

My opinion is that Pens defense is worse than Dallas. Based on your pairings I'd much rather have Lindell-Klingberg over Dumoulin-Letang, as well as Oleksiak-Heiskanen over Pettersson-Marino. I personally don't view Letang as a top10 RHD anymore. Also that 3rd pair of Pittsburgh is probably the worst in the entire league...much rather have Sekera-Pysyk over that one as well. As for why PIT traded Oleksiak back to DAL, some Pens fans have told me it was because Sullivan didn't think Oleksiak was gritty enough for being such a big D-man.

I'm not saying PIT defense is bad. Those two first pairs are actually fairly good. I'm simply saying DAL is better. Stars offense is very mediocre, and those D-men are vital in terms of offensive production as well, especially Heiskanen and Klingberg.

Like I said, if they are, it’s not like a completely different tier better. So a decent prospect, being a top 100 prospect in the NHL, on any list put out the last 2 years. Hmm, an interesting take!! And I’m sure PO-Joseph would be ranked higher than Harley on any list out there too. And I think Harley will be a good player. I’m not super familiar with him. I know he’s a 1st round pick. And the Stars top Defensive prospect. But like I know about PO-Joseph and what he’s been doing the last 2-3 years and the reports on him, the quotes from coaches, his stats. I’m sure u know them about Harley.

And Letang is for sure still a top 10 RHD. Here is the list by NHL network of the top 20 D-men right now. Your boy Heiskanen is 10. And Letang is 8th.

https://www.pensburgh.com/2020/11/2/21545617/kris-letang-ranked-8th-among-top-20-nhl-defensemen

Letang is 33 years old my man, not ancient. And in 18-19 he had 56 points in 65 games and last year he had 44 points in 61 games. Again, still one of the Top Points on the PP too. And still terrific two-ways. Played 26 minutes a game last year. I’d say thats still better production than Heiskanen. But Heiskanen will probably pass him this year or next. Again, I’m a Heiskanen fan!! Great player!! But Letang still out produces him at 32 years old. But Heiskanen was 20..lol. Super young. When he gets 24-25-26, he’s gonna be a superstar. Already is, but will be even better!!

If Maniacalco wins the RHD spot on the 3rd pairing. And it’s Matheson/Maniacalco. That’s gonna be a really good 3rd pairing too. Yes, it’s bad with Ceci, Ruthwedel platoon at RHD. But the 3rd pairing will only play 8-14 minutes a game. They should be able to handle that..hopefully..lol.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll