$821,667$821,667 ($0$0$0$0)
LW, RW
RFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$700,000$700,000 ($0$0$0$0)
C, RW
UFA - 1
$1,250,000$1,250,000 ($175,000$175K$175,000$175K)
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$894,167$894,167 ($0$0$0$0)
LD
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000 ($0$0$0$0)
RW
RFA - 3
$800,000$800,000 ($0$0$0$0)
G
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 3, 2021 at 4:33 p.m.
thank you i missed the identically titled thread 10 posts before this one
Fox_Czar_Cup, tryger, Borocop and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 3, 2021 at 4:35 p.m.
Quoting: Alfie11
thank you i missed the identically titled thread 10 posts before this one

This one has Dermott as a scratch instead of the 7th man. Had to be done, obviously.
Jan. 3, 2021 at 4:44 p.m.
I feel Robertson is slotting in on the second or third line.
Jan. 3, 2021 at 4:59 p.m.
Meh
Imagine a team refusing to allow their high end prospect to play in the WJC and then putting him on the taxi squad.
Jan. 3, 2021 at 5:28 p.m.
Wtf is this. I can assure you not a single person had this as their predicted lineup. I mean the depth problem is solved, the third line is really good. But still wtf.
Jan. 3, 2021 at 5:32 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Quoting: Miles_Togo
Imagine a team refusing to allow their high end prospect to play in the WJC and then putting him on the taxi squad.

You do know that the taxi squad not only can play, but also has to play as part of the rules the NHL and NHLPA laid out?
Jan. 3, 2021 at 6:28 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: CeciGOAT
Wtf is this. I can assure you not a single person had this as their predicted lineup. I mean the depth problem is solved, the third line is really good. But still wtf.

Very interesting
Jan. 3, 2021 at 7:15 p.m.
Meh
Quoting: Random2152
You do know that the taxi squad not only can play, but also has to play as part of the rules the NHL and NHLPA laid out?

I stick to knowing things that are actually true. The agreement between the NHL and NHLPA is here.

But regardless, the team justified (poorly) their decision to refuse to allow Robertson to go to the WJC by saying that they wanted him to compete for a roster spot, not a taxi squad spot. If he is not in the lineup for game #1 there is no excuse for them not sending him to the WJC. I look forward to the day when Leafs' fans once again at least pretend to care about development.
Jan. 3, 2021 at 7:42 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
I stick to knowing things that are actually true. The agreement between the NHL and NHLPA is here.

But regardless, the team justified (poorly) their decision to refuse to allow Robertson to go to the WJC by saying that they wanted him to compete for a roster spot, not a taxi squad spot. If he is not in the lineup for game #1 there is no excuse for them not sending him to the WJC. I look forward to the day when Leafs' fans once again at least pretend to care about development.

Well first of all, the taxi squad players can play. They need to be papered around but they can play which was my point. Robbie being on the Taxi squad means he will likely get in some games.
Secondly it was a mutual decision. Robbie and the Leafs feel he is ready enough to give it a shot. Leafs would have liked to have him play in the worlds.

Thirdly Robbie has done everything at the junior level. There is absolutely nothing for him to gain by being there. Training with the big club has major benefits the worlds do not (a big one being the skill level and pace)
Fourthly you claim to want Leafs fans to value development, but then want the Leafs to play him no matter what - even if he isn't ready. You're looking at this all wrong.

This is the best plan for his development. He needs to be at a higher level than the worlds provide him. Being with the Leafs is the best development path. Further more if he doesn't make the team full time, Dubas has said he will be sent to the O once it restarts. Until then the best course of action is to keep him with the club, even if not playing every night.

Don't insinuate Leafs fans don't care about development when you simply fail to understand motives
Jan. 3, 2021 at 8:43 p.m.
Meh
Edited Jan. 3, 2021 at 8:56 p.m.
Well first of all, the taxi squad players can play. They need to be papered around but they can play which was my point.

No, what you said was that taxi squad players had to play NHL games as part of the rules - which was not true at all. But guess what? He would be able to be on the taxi squad just as easily if he also played in the WJC.

Quote:
Secondly it was a mutual decision.

The tweet you use as evidence does not say that it was a mutual decision, just that Bob presumes that the player agreed.

Quote:
Thirdly Robbie has done everything at the junior level. There is absolutely nothing for him to gain by being there.

Competing at a WJC is a major accomplishment in any player's life. His team had a disappointing loss in the quarter finals last year. Even without him the team has made it further this year and is likely to medal, possibly win gold. Gave that up for some practices.

Quote:
Training with the big club has major benefits the worlds do not (a big one being the skill level and pace)

The exact same training that he will be doing on the taxi squad.

Quote:
Fourthly you claim to want Leafs fans to value development, but then want the Leafs to play him no matter what - even if he isn't ready.

No. I wanted the Leafs' to value proper development and send him to the world juniors. What I have said is that because they didn't if he doesn't make the team then they are world class morons who can't even manage to properly evaluate a prospect who has been training right in front of them for the past 4 months.

Quote:
This is the best plan for his development. He needs to be at a higher level than the worlds provide him. Being with the Leafs is the best development path. Further more if he doesn't make the team full time, Dubas has said he will be sent to the O once it restarts. Until then the best course of action is to keep him with the club, even if not playing every night.

Imagine thinking that the WJCs would be useless, but don't worry he can just be sent down to the O later. This fan base deserves to never have their team win a round and Dubas will certainly help ensure that is the case.

Quote:
Don't insinuate Leafs fans don't care about development

They don't and you certainly don't.
Jan. 3, 2021 at 9:17 p.m.
Just Keep Swimming
No, what you said was that taxi squad players had to play NHL games as part of the rules - which was not true at all. But guess what? He would be able to be on the taxi squad just as easily if he also played in the WJC.

Quote:
Secondly it was a mutual decision.

The tweet you use as evidence does not say that it was a mutual decision, just that Bob presumes that the player agreed.

Quote:
Thirdly Robbie has done everything at the junior level. There is absolutely nothing for him to gain by being there.

Competing at a WJC is a major accomplishment in any player's life. His team had a disappointing loss in the quarter finals last year. Even without him the team has made it further this year and is likely to medal, possibly win gold. Gave that up for some practices.

Quote:
Training with the big club has major benefits the worlds do not (a big one being the skill level and pace)

The exact same training that he will be doing on the taxi squad.

Quote:
Fourthly you claim to want Leafs fans to value development, but then want the Leafs to play him no matter what - even if he isn't ready.

No. I wanted the Leafs' to value proper development and send him to the world juniors. What I have said is that because they didn't if he doesn't make the team then they are world class morons who can't even manage to properly evaluate a prospect who has been training right in front of them for the past 4 months.

Quote:

Imagine thinking that the WJCs would be useless, but don't worry he can just be sent down to the O later. This fan base deserves to never have their team win a round and Dubas will certainly help ensure that is the case.

Quote:
Don't insinuate Leafs fans don't care about development

They don't and you certainly don't.

Lol. If we disagree with you we don't care about development. Absolutely love to see it.
Also, read this again very closely. I was wrong that they had to play (not sure where I read that), but I was also very specific in saying that they could play, which again was my point.

To put it lightly I think you underestimate the value of camp on the development of players and overestimate how much the worlds would do for him, but I guess if we disagree on how to best develop a player I don't care about development. Get over yourself. You aren't the arbiter of truth.

I also find it comical that you argue the Leafs don't care about development since they have pioneered the most advanced development system on the planet.
Your attitude in this conversation tells me that there is nothing to be gained from continuing it. Disagreeing is fine, but you go more than a few steps farther with the tone.
Good day.
Jan. 3, 2021 at 10:09 p.m.
Meh
Edited Jan. 4, 2021 at 9:50 a.m.
Quote:
Also, read this again very closely. I was wrong that they had to play (not sure where I read that), but I was also very specific in saying that they could play, which again was my point.

So you are saying that the taxi squads, which have the sole purpose of teams being able to get replacements into their lineup quickly if need be, could be used for the only purpose they were created for? Good to know.

Quote:
To put it lightly I think you underestimate the value of camp on the development of players

NHL training camps have little to do with development (development camps and rookie camps are there for that and development throughout the year). NHL training camps are about seeing where some players stack up against others, and seeing if the intended lines and pairings work together. If NHL training camps were about development then the team would not have cut Robertson on the second day of camp last year - and that is what always happens - the players who are most in need of development are the first to be cut - which would be counterproductive if development was part of its purpose. But it is not. And this camp is even less about development - which is why a max of 36 skaters can be invited and they have already said that they are essentially just practicing for a little more than a week.

Quote:
and overestimate how much the worlds would do for him

Playing high level games for 19 year old is absolutely essential - especially when a player has only played 4 games 9 months. Everyone understands that during a normal season, but it is much, much more important in the current situation when playing opportunities are scarce. But of course I know that this about nothing but defending Dubas.

Quote:
since they have pioneered the most advanced development system on the planet.

It is amazing that anyone believes this. The Leafs have this super advanced development system, but yet still need to sign far, far more free wallets than any other team, and still can't make the playoffs despite being 105 point team just 2 years ago. People will believe anything. Outside of top-10 picks I would consider Toronto to be easily the least successful team at developing their draft picks over the last 10 years which seems a little odd for "the most advanced development system on the planet". But again, the people who believe that are simply in a cult of Dubas.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll