Skill: Suzuki
Defense: Petry
Contract: Danault
Hands: Suzuki
Best offensive defenseman: Petry
Best defensive forward: Danault
Strongest: Pound for pound I say Romanov overall Chiarot
Feb. 7, 2021 at 8:41 p.m.
Oki just saw an article in the hockey writers that said MB announced at a recent season ticket holders meeting the the Canadiens intend to sìgn Caufield to his ELC as soon as the Badgers season ends. He did not specify if Caufield would make an appearance with the Habs or be sent to Laval but the article does quote former NHL scout Gregg McCagg who says Caufield is absolutely NHL ready.

https://thehockeywriters.com/canadiens-cole-caufield-nhl-ready/
nickthehabsfan liked this.
Feb. 7, 2021 at 9:15 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: Campabee
Oki just saw an article in the hockey writers that said MB announced at a recent season ticket holders meeting the the Canadiens intend to sìgn Caufield to his ELC as soon as the Badgers season ends. He did not specify if Caufield would make an appearance with the Habs or be sent to Laval but the article does quote former NHL scout Gregg McCagg who says Caufield is absolutely NHL ready.

https://thehockeywriters.com/canadiens-cole-caufield-nhl-ready/

Yeah. He'll likely make his debut in the playoffs as the Badgers are slated to make a deep run
Feb. 7, 2021 at 9:20 p.m.
Quoting: KSIxSKULLS
Yeah. He'll likely make his debut in the playoffs as the Badgers are slated to make a deep run

pretty sure he has to be signed before the trade deadline if they want him to be able to play in the NHL this season
Feb. 7, 2021 at 9:26 p.m.
WentWughes
Quoting: HabsFan77
pretty sure he has to be signed before the trade deadline if they want him to be able to play in the NHL this season

Is that a new rule? In years past, this rule doesn't apply to players on your reserve list.
Feb. 7, 2021 at 10:18 p.m.

Even of the Badgers win the frozen four tournament they finish no later than April 10th which leaves the Canadiens 14 games remaining in the regular season.
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Feb. 7, 2021 at 10:24 p.m.

Pretty sure that is incorrect cause Poehling signed after the deadline and was able to play in the NHL that same year. Also even if it is a new rule the Badgers last possible game for the frozen four tournament would be April 10th the trade deadline is April 12th that gives the Habs 2 days to sign him which is plenty of time for an ELC as they are pretty standard.
Feb. 7, 2021 at 10:27 p.m.

Actually I think what you may be thinking of is to be eligible for the playoffs Caufield would have to be added to the roster prior to the trade deadline. This was the issue with Romanov last season and why he was not eligible.
Feb. 7, 2021 at 10:35 p.m.
WentWughes
Actually I think what you may be thinking of is to be eligible for the playoffs Caufield would have to be added to the roster prior to the trade deadline. This was the issue with Romanov last season and why he was not eligible.

But it's not true. Last year was special circumstances. Romanov was still signed in the KHL but the season was cancelled so it messed with things. In a normal year, Romanov would still be signed in the KHL and he wouldn't be eligible.

If you are on the reserve list, you can play in the playoffs. The rule only applies to players who aren't on the reserve list or the roster prior to the TD
Feb. 7, 2021 at 10:36 p.m.
But it's not true. Last year was special circumstances. Romanov was still signed in the KHL but the season was cancelled so it messed with things. In a normal year, Romanov would still be signed in the KHL and he wouldn't be eligible.

If you are on the reserve list, you can play in the playoffs. The rule only applies to players who aren't on the reserve list or the roster prior to the TD

Right I meant the reserve list not roster my bad lol.
KSIxSKULLS liked this.
Feb. 8, 2021 at 1:02 a.m.
If there were normal divisions this year montreal would be third in the Atlantic while being third in the NHL
Feb. 8, 2021 at 7:17 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Even of the Badgers win the frozen four tournament they finish no later than April 10th which leaves the Canadiens 14 games remaining in the regular season.

Yes, so there’s no worries of him signing after the deadline, since there’s no way his season goes past April 12th. Including his 14 day quarantine he can join the team April 1st at the earliest (19 Games Left) and April 24th at the latest (8 Games Left), depending how well Wisconsin does.
Feb. 8, 2021 at 9:51 a.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Yes, so there’s no worries of him signing after the deadline, since there’s no way his season goes past April 12th. Including his 14 day quarantine he can join the team April 1st at the earliest (19 Games Left) and April 24th at the latest (8 Games Left), depending how well Wisconsin does.

Right, IF there is a quarantine period at the deadline given the vaccine will be widely distributed at that point. Either way he will turn pro and either alternate in and out with the Habs down the stretch or go to Laval where there will likely be more than a quarter of a season to play still at that point
Feb. 8, 2021 at 9:57 a.m.
Right, IF there is a quarantine period at the deadline given the vaccine will be widely distributed at that point. Either way he will turn pro and either alternate in and out with the Habs down the stretch or go to Laval where there will likely be more than a quarter of a season to play still at that point

Well Vaccines will go to the older population first so hockey players will be last on the priority list for vaccines so I would think most of them aren’t vaccinated by the end of the season and we don’t really have a spot for a Caufield unless there are injuries so he’d go to Laval
Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Feb. 8, 2021 at 10:05 a.m.
Quoting: A_Habs_fan
Well Vaccines will go to the older population first so hockey players will be last on the priority list for vaccines so I would think most of them aren’t vaccinated by the end of the season and we don’t really have a spot for a Caufield unless there are injuries so he’d go to Laval

In Canada maybe but the States will be whoever can pay for it first like everything else in the U.S.
Feb. 8, 2021 at 11:26 a.m.
In Canada maybe but the States will be whoever can pay for it first like everything else in the U.S.

not true. there is a line like Canada with health care workers first than elderly and so on
Kotkaniemi15 and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 9, 2021 at 4:20 p.m.
Quoting: SevenLeg
Toffoli has been playing well, but it hasn't not translated in the scoresheets just yet. I really feel like Armia is slowing them down with his laziness & lack of implication. I'd try Byron on Kotkaniemi's LW for the next game.

just wait 😂
SevenLeg liked this.
Feb. 10, 2021 at 2:12 p.m.
Hop on the Slaftrain

Feb. 11, 2021 at 12:16 a.m.
The way Danault has been playing all year I wonder if we hitched our horse to the wrong wagon so to speak. Should we have kept Domi and traded Danault? If we could trade Danault for Domi + right now, would you make that deal and run

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Toffoli-Domi-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen
Feb. 11, 2021 at 12:46 a.m.
WentWughes
The way Danault has been playing all year I wonder if we hitched our horse to the wrong wagon so to speak. Should we have kept Domi and traded Danault? If we could trade Danault for Domi + right now, would you make that deal and run

Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson
Tatar-Kotkaniemi-Gallagher
Toffoli-Domi-Armia
Byron-Evans-Lehkonen

Domi isn't a good center. We learned that from the past few years. I would trade Danault, but I have no interest in Domi
Campabee liked this.
Feb. 11, 2021 at 12:05 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Gooooooooood. Lord Byron returns tonight.

nickthehabsfan and A_Habs_fan liked this.
Feb. 11, 2021 at 12:09 p.m.
Does anyone else not really like reverse retro uniform because the pants ruin it? Just get pants that match. When they played Ottawa wearing the RR I couldn't not notice it
Feb. 11, 2021 at 4:16 p.m.
Montreal vs Edmonton has been delayed by one hour, due to awaiting Edmonton's test results

Article
Feb. 11, 2021 at 9:16 p.m.
Former Hockey Fan
Our 4th line is our only good line right now.
Feb. 11, 2021 at 9:21 p.m.
Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
Our 4th line is our only good line right now.

Playing against Vancouver seems to have given them overconfidence that they are the best and they are struggling against teams they shouldn’t

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll